Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2002, 03:36 PM   #31
Samsa

Quote:
Originally posted by Stupid&Contagious:

So in other words the only reason you have for not liking it is because you've been trained to dislike it by your culture?

Well I'll tell you this guys stare because we've been trained to by thousands of years of evolution. And hormones that we *can't* turn off it's a biology thing (I'm sure you understand, it's not like we choose to have testosterone).
So fucking get over it.

oh, don't tell me guys can't HELP it when most guys DON'T do it. jeez. it's not like every fuckign time i walk past someone of the male persuasion someone looks at my boobs. so don't start wtih the "we can't help it" excuse.

and listen, maybe it IS cultural. i mean foreign people bathe naked but obviously don't mind. but here in america, you don't SHOW your boobs to other people, and other people don't LOOK at your boobs. it's personal conduct and it goes both ways.

Old 04-24-2002, 03:38 PM   #32
Aeroplane

Quote:
Originally posted by Mayfuck:
Good song, great video.

yes, yes it is. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

Old 04-24-2002, 03:39 PM   #33
Samsa

bathe meaning in public.

and ugh. julio you obviously want me to keep bothering you or you wouldn't be tellingme to shut up. what did i do? huh? i mentioned looking at people's butts? good god. you're so mean.

Old 04-24-2002, 04:40 PM   #34
Stupid&Contagious

Quote:
Originally posted by Samsa:
oh, don't tell me guys can't HELP it when most guys DON'T do it. jeez. it's not like every fuckign time i walk past someone of the male persuasion someone looks at my boobs. so don't start wtih the "we can't help it" excuse.

and listen, maybe it IS cultural. i mean foreign people bathe naked but obviously don't mind. but here in america, you don't SHOW your boobs to other people, and other people don't LOOK at your boobs. it's personal conduct and it goes both ways.
And we can help it most of the time. I mean I can't hardly look anyone in the eyes. But I don't look at their chest most of the time.

So you keep throwing around loaded words, and hoping I'll shut up? Good idea. (I keep having these damned class things to attend)

Personal conduct? So what: "We live in america, we've got a puritan heritage, so lets all think boobs are nasty horrible things that should be banned?" Well I don't accept that. I'm not a puritan, I don't have a problem with people showing or looking at breasts, and I don't think you've given a reason why I or anyone else should except that "everybody else here does"

Old 04-24-2002, 04:44 PM   #35
Mayfuck

Quote:
Personal conduct? So what: "We live in america, we've got a puritan heritage, so lets all think boobs are nasty horrible things that should be banned?" Well I don't accept that. I'm not a puritan, I don't have a problem with people showing or looking at breasts, and I don't think you've given a reason why I or anyone else should except that "everybody else here does"
That leads to objectifying women.

Old 04-24-2002, 05:15 PM   #36
Stupid Name

if a guy walks by with a bulge, do you look?

Old 04-24-2002, 05:15 PM   #37
Massive Attack

well I mean
you can't notice the bulge unless you LOOK

Old 04-24-2002, 05:16 PM   #38
Ammy

Quote:
Originally posted by Stupid Name:
wouldn't usually notice, most people look at people's faces, not crotches.

and i'm with suze here, sure it's instinct and whatnot to look at girls chests and asses, but you're a fucking idiot if you use that as an excuse.

Old 04-24-2002, 05:44 PM   #39
Red Wine Cage

I'm a feminist [and a guy] and I don't feel like it's degrading to women to look at their bodies at all. I tell people [women, men] all the time that the female body is a great thing, nothing to be ashamed of or hidden.

It's when you have knuckleheads reading/drooling over women in magazines, lusting over a woman's body to the point where that's all they care about is their body, spouting crude remarks [secretly or in public] about women that degrade them to merely bodies, with no mind and no knowledge attached that it gets to the point when it should be unnacceptable.

------------------
" Maybe I'll get myself into a coma. Spend my whole life dreaming.

Old 04-24-2002, 05:45 PM   #40
KrazeePumpkin

The worst thing about being a girl is having to be associated with other girls (sometimes).
I go to this school in chicago (kenwood) and i always hear about "kenwood girls". I'm a minority in the school but whenever a guy asks me where I go to school he's like "oh, you're on of those KENWOOD girls...oh" I think girls get that more than guys do.

Old 04-24-2002, 05:48 PM   #41
Ammy

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by KrazeePumpkin:
I think girls get that more than guys do.
i think you're wrong... i hear shit like that more about boys than girls http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif

Old 04-24-2002, 05:51 PM   #42
KrazeePumpkin

maybe its just where i'm from.....girls just get lumped together. or maybe guys just lie about it more ("naw, i don't go to kenwood, i go to UIC..." yeah right)

Old 04-24-2002, 05:57 PM   #43
Mark LeDrew

Thumbs down

This is like asking the sun not to shine. Chicks just don't get it.

------------------
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mledrew/kid.jpg

This is just a modern rock song,
This is just a sorry lament,
We're four boys in our corduroys,
We're not terrific but we're competent.

Old 04-24-2002, 06:04 PM   #44
Aeroplane

Quote:
Originally posted by Stupid Name:
yes. and I'm always looking at crotches. go see my addiction post.

Old 04-24-2002, 07:51 PM   #45
Lie

I've never been bothered by someone looking at my breasts. Being hit on in a creepy way is something completely different, but obvious head-turning is harmless. But maybe that's just me.

------------------
Boot the grime of this world in the crotch, dear.

Old 04-24-2002, 07:52 PM   #46
Smiley33

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Lie:
Being hit on in a creepy way is something completely different, but obvious head-turning is harmless. But maybe that's just me.

nah, not just you

Old 04-24-2002, 07:52 PM   #47
Lie

To answer your question, though, the worst thing about being a woman is the multitude of gender-specific physical ailments it opens you up to (so to speak).

------------------
Boot the grime of this world in the crotch, dear.

Old 04-24-2002, 08:04 PM   #48
frail_and_bedazzled

hmm, i'm kind of on the fence with this issue. i don't think b/c it's commonplace necessarily makes it 'natural' or 'right'. i do think that it can be a violation. it's guys who don't get it. it's not seen as a compliment, usually. it makes you feel gross, objectified and uncomfortable. however, i can kind of understand the ;guys will be guys' scenario (though i don't view it as an excuse), and sometimes girls can be too sensitive. i think it can go either way.

Old 04-24-2002, 10:29 PM   #49
strange_one

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark LeDrew:
This is like asking the sun not to shine. Chicks just don't get it.

you said it bruther

Old 04-24-2002, 11:02 PM   #50
twice

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeroplane:
Mommy!
ha!

Old 04-25-2002, 01:28 AM   #51
Samsa

Quote:
And we can help it most of the time. I mean I can't hardly look anyone in the eyes. But I don't look at their chest most of the time.

So you keep throwing around loaded words, and hoping I'll shut up? Good idea. (I keep having these damned class things to attend)

oh, you don't there's any good reason against looking at someone in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable? here's another "loaded word" for you: this is the 21st century and it's called sexual harassment. it's called the "don't-be-a-fucking-pervert" rule. you don't talk to a girl about her boobs or her ass, you don't TOUCH her boobs and her ass, and you don't LOOK at her boobs and her ass -- now i know this last one can't be helped but i really don't think it's too much to ask to not stare someone down like they're a piece of meat when they're fucking facing you and can see what you're doing.

Old 04-25-2002, 02:16 AM   #52
Stupid&Contagious

>oh, you don't there's any good reason >against looking at someone in a way that >makes them feel uncomfortable?

You're the one who's deciding it makes you uncomfortable. It's not my fault that you don't like it.

>here's another "loaded word" for you: this >is the 21st century and it's called sexual >harassment. it's called the >"don't-be-a-fucking-pervert" rule.
I can't imagine a court deciding that looking a woman's chest when she's in public is sexual harrassment.

>you don't talk to a girl about her boobs or >her ass, you don't TOUCH her boobs and her >ass, and you don't LOOK at her boobs and >her ass -- now i know this last one can't

Well I'm not talking about groping. But we are talking about your tits here...so really you mean you don't talk about them after she's asked you not to.

>be helped but i really don't think it's too >much to ask to not stare someone down like
Well okay so you admit you're request is undoable. Then lay down a different request.

>they're a piece of meat when they're >fucking facing you and can see what you're >doing.

Stare someone down like they're meat. Well...I mean humans are meat. You mean to say like they're just a piece of meat? Well it's honest. If the guy's interested in your body, why pretend he's not? You seem to be asserting there is something *wrong* with a guy wanting to have sex/fondle/touch you. That it's *bad* or *evil* or something. Not that them just going up to you and doing it *isn't* all those things (that's not what I mean) it's just that him *wanting* to do it, him liking your body isn't a bad or evil or wrong thing.

Now I suppose this arguement sounds non-christian. It is. If you are a bibble thumping "sex is bad" person then fine. Ignore me.

Old 04-25-2002, 02:29 AM   #53
killtheyouth

I will never, ever stop staring at girls tits and asses.

and neither will billions of other men.

so deal with it.

Old 04-25-2002, 02:47 AM   #54
Samsa

Quote:

>oh, you don't there's any good reason >against looking at someone in a way that >makes them feel uncomfortable?

You're the one who's deciding it makes you uncomfortable. It's not my fault that you don't like it.

>here's another "loaded word" for you: this >is the 21st century and it's called sexual >harassment. it's called the >"don't-be-a-fucking-pervert" rule.
I can't imagine a court deciding that looking a woman's chest when she's in public is sexual harrassment.

>you don't talk to a girl about her boobs or >her ass, you don't TOUCH her boobs and her >ass, and you don't LOOK at her boobs and >her ass -- now i know this last one can't

Well I'm not talking about groping. But we are talking about your tits here...so really you mean you don't talk about them after she's asked you not to.

>be helped but i really don't think it's too >much to ask to not stare someone down like
Well okay so you admit you're request is undoable. Then lay down a different request.

>they're a piece of meat when they're >fucking facing you and can see what you're >doing.

Stare someone down like they're meat. Well...I mean humans are meat. You mean to say like they're just a piece of meat? Well it's honest. If the guy's interested in your body, why pretend he's not? You seem to be asserting there is something *wrong* with a guy wanting to have sex/fondle/touch you. That it's *bad* or *evil* or something. Not that them just going up to you and doing it *isn't* all those things (that's not what I mean) it's just that him *wanting* to do it, him liking your body isn't a bad or evil or wrong thing.

Now I suppose this arguement sounds non-christian. It is. If you are a bibble thumping "sex is bad" person then fine. Ignore me.

jesus fucking christ. you are so demented. i can't believe you're even arguing with me about this. you are the epitomy of the retarded reactionary. good god. and for your information, this has nothing whatsoever with bible-thumpingism or puritanism so shut the fuck up with those references. this has to do with, i am going to repeat it for the last time, PERSONAL SPACE, and respecting a person's PERSONAL SPACE. this is the complete fucking opposite of "sex is bad". this is women are PEOPLE. okay? you can believe whatever the fuck you want "oh it's okay to stare at people like they're meat, people ARE meat" (okay why don't we rationalize a little more why don't we?) i just hope i never have to fucking even come within ten yards of you. you fucking sick creep.

Old 04-25-2002, 02:51 AM   #55
Samsa

listen, today there is this group of like 3 or 4 people at the doorway and i'm standing there patiently waiting for them to move away from the doorway so i can walk through it. one of the people turns around, he's like maybe a foot away from me, and just looks down at my chest, as if i'm not even a fucking person.

listen, there's a difference between being legally ALLOWED to do something and being morally or personally REPULSIVE for doing something. i'm not gonna go sue him for anything but it sure as hell didn't make me FEEL too happy.

is this that hard a concept to understand? i really don't think so.

Old 04-25-2002, 03:32 AM   #56
Stupid&Contagious

Quote:
jesus fucking christ. you are so demented. i can't believe you're even arguing with me about this. you are the epitomy of the retarded reactionary. good god. and for your information, this has nothing whatsoever with bible-thumpingism or puritanism so shut the fuck up with those references. this has to do with, i am going to repeat it for the last time, PERSONAL SPACE, and respecting a person's PERSONAL SPACE. this is the complete fucking opposite of "sex is bad". this is women are PEOPLE. okay? you can believe whatever the fuck you want "oh it's okay to stare at people like they're meat, people ARE meat" (okay why don't we rationalize a little more why don't we?) i just hope i never have to fucking even come within ten yards of you. you fucking sick creep.
Guess what I'm not a feminist. I am a confused and angry guy that doesn't like how society is telling him to do 2 things at once while his hormones are telling him a third.
"Don't look at me, pretend you're not interesting in sex with me. Well if are interested only look at my face, pretend you like me only for my mind and myabe if you're smooth enough I'll give you a piece of my ass"
Society tells us we can't want a girl for her body. But that sex sells and be as attractive as possible. And our hormones tell us to "fuck the one with the tits and ass"

You wouldn't come within 30 feet of me? Because I'm a disgusting creep? Fine I already knew that. That's really what society has told me over and over till I believe it and what to chop my fucking balls off because they're what make me a gross fucking creep.
Well fuck that. I *am* a guy. I *love* tits and ass and I want to fuck you. I love running my hands all over a person's body. The only time I've not been mildly depressed since puburty is when I had someone I could touch.

Okay women are people. They're meat too. They have minds and tits. (Well most do...)
And saying that because they have minds, we should ignore the other parts...is idiotic. Lots of studies show that more attractive PEOPLE (this goes for men too) do better in life. People just treat them nicer. Maybe it's not fair that when working with someone or any place where the work is based on intellect or skill that you're still judged on looks. (That's what feminism is trying to fix). But when you're not working with someone when there interested in you for sex/dating/relationships then looking at your tits and ass judging you by your body is absolutely necessary. It's the basic instinct of "have babies with the one who'll survive" if you have sexs with the person who's about to die, your genes won't survive.

You keep chanting personal space.What the hell is it? A womans right to dictate what a guy's interested in, or does with his own eyes?

Oh. and I'm not a disgusting creep. Damnit. I'm honest. I understand what I want, and I admit to it. The disgusting people are the one's that lie to your face. Tell you they love you for your mind and don't care about sex. Liars. Manipulators. They're disgusting. They get what they want. I post about it on Netphoria, and wish I were stronger. I wish that society hadn't beat into me that I can't look at breasts or be attracted to women. (In reality the most attractive women will *always* be the ones with both a nice body and a wonderful personality)
Damnit this thread is just depressing me more. I've never hit on a girl because I'm too afraid they'll be offended and it's people like you in society that make me think that. I'm a nice person and I finish last. I let anyone who wants to walk all over me (especially girls).
So fuck you.

Old 04-25-2002, 03:36 AM   #57
Stupid&Contagious

Quote:
listen, today there is this group of like 3 or 4 people at the doorway and i'm standing there patiently waiting for them to move away from the doorway so i can walk through it. one of the people turns around, he's like maybe a foot away from me, and just looks down at my chest, as if i'm not even a fucking person.

listen, there's a difference between being legally ALLOWED to do something and being morally or personally REPULSIVE for doing something. i'm not gonna go sue him for anything but it sure as hell didn't make me FEEL too happy.

is this that hard a concept to understand? i really don't think so.
How do your tits make you "not even a fucking person?"
Are your tits not part of you?

Old 04-25-2002, 05:20 AM   #58
Stupid Name

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Wine Cage:
I'm a feminist [and a guy] and I don't feel like it's degrading to women to look at their bodies at all. I tell people [women, men] all the time that the female body is a great thing, nothing to be ashamed of or hidden.

It's when you have knuckleheads reading/drooling over women in magazines, lusting over a woman's body to the point where that's all they care about is their body, spouting crude remarks [secretly or in public] about women that degrade them to merely bodies, with no mind and no knowledge attached that it gets to the point when it should be unnacceptable.

exactly. there's nothing wrong with admiring a woman's body (or a man's for that matter. what is wrong is completely objectifying them and completely disregarding the fact that they are a person.

Old 04-25-2002, 10:15 AM   #59
Samsa

listen, what i keep saying, over and OVER again, is you don't fucking STARE at someone like they're a piece of meat and can't tell you're looking at them.

that little episode i curtailed is DEMEANING simply because of the way he acted it out. i don't have anything against anyone sneaking a peak at someone, but when you just INSPECT someone, WHILE THEY'RE LOOKING AT YOU and can fully see what you're doing, and you act as if they are JUST a body and you could care less about whether they WANT you staring at their boobs or not, it's just demeaning. you obviously don't understand so i'll leave it like that.

Old 04-25-2002, 10:16 AM   #60
Smiley33

Quote:
listen, what i keep saying, over and OVER again, is you don't fucking STARE at someone like they're a piece of meat and can't tell you're looking at them.

YEAH LIKE MISTER ITALIANO MOLESTO IN THE ELEVATOR

W3RD.