Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2018, 05:58 PM   #121
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
hilarious he's now willing to give james credit again for his contributions but now that darcy is out of the picture again he has no problem knocking down her role.
yeah, he is so far up his own ass he probably doesn't realize any of the shit he said about james for almost 2 fucking decades. or just quickly dismissed it. i'm sure if james is actually in the recording studio and the album flops, that's who he will blame. and if d'arcy DOES ever join them in the future, which i fucking doubt, i bet he finds a way to minimize the bile he's spewing right now, too.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:06 PM   #122
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

...aaaaaand he's talking about wrestling again.

P.S.:

Old 02-05-2018, 06:06 PM   #123
Crepe
Demi-God

Feel he’s gonna pull a freaking Russo swerve with this.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:08 PM   #124
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonUnicorns View Post
'flaxen Saxxon'

Are you kidding me?

I had actually just assumed Billy played bass for Machina. But D’arcy wrote the parts, right?
She left the band in 99, she wasn't around and the few demos they had recorded were re-recorded as the songs were transformed into something different.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:13 PM   #125
SPLATTER
Demi-God

i really never cared if Darcy was back or not. the magic is lost, and the sentimentality of it would be nice and all, but so what. let it be.

if she is too messed up and incapable and nuts to do anything with them, then that's just sad. I don't know why billy would have to communicate this to the fans with anything other than true compassion or at least some surface level respect.

he looks so small and petty.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #126
DemonUnicorns
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
She left the band in 99, she wasn't around and the few demos they had recorded were re-recorded as the songs were transformed into something different.
Huh I guess I thought that Machina songs played on the Arising Tour were in advanced forms? If so, then she would have for those.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:29 PM   #127
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLATTER View Post
]
if she is too messed up and incapable and nuts to do anything with them, then that's just sad. I don't know why billy would have to communicate this to the fans with anything other than true compassion or at least some surface level respect.

This really is the heart of it. If D'arcy can't do it, or won't do it the way Billy wants, can't he just be nice to her? Does he have to once again prove that he is ZERO and everyone else is a wannabe? We get it, dude. Imagine if you treated your own band with the respect your fans do...

Old 02-05-2018, 06:57 PM   #128
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLATTER View Post
i really never cared if Darcy was back or not. the magic is lost, and the sentimentality of it would be nice and all, but so what. let it be.

Billy doesn't need to communicate anything to the fans, but if the BlastEcho interview was real, he didn't communicated that to Darcy either. Not until they were already working together in the studio.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:38 PM   #129
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I guess BC thinks it's edgy to be a cryptic disrespectful little shit

Old 02-05-2018, 07:51 PM   #130
werideatdusk
Ownz

Think it may be Katie cole on bass. And with Jeff and james both on guitar, billy will maybe focus on singing a little more? I think this could be good. But I'm someone who found the 2008 tour good. I like billy and jimmy delving into longer jammier territory. So really hoping they get back to being a progressive band and avoid the nostalgia trap. In some ways maybe Darcy being absent is a blessing in disguise for the music.

People havent talked much about it but it does matter that Rubin is producing. First time since the Flood days that billy has a producer or even collaborator who will call bullshit on his bad ideas I.e. anti hero, run2me, death from above, studio owata, etc.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:23 PM   #131
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Two things that are clear, any fan getting upset about this new SP line up at this point should just jump ship already, unless you enjoy the feeling of being disappointed yet again by this band.

2nd thing, this smashing pumpkins business clearly stresses billy the Fuck out.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:25 PM   #132
russticles
Demi-God

Eugh studio owata is the fucking worrrrrrssssssttttttt.

And the hype around that awful music video and the fact they were using cutting edge "red" cameras which didn't make any fucking difference on a horrible video that's only available to watch via compressed video streaming services.

What a non event that was

Old 02-05-2018, 09:16 PM   #133
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

So Billy's going for the ol' "D'arcy didn't play bass on SHIT, you're living in the PAST" routine again.

Dude...D'arcy was in every single band photo throughout your commercial peak.

EDIT/ If D'arcy's not going to happen then whatever, but does Billy need to do this whole "I'M ALWAYS RIGHT SHUT UP" thing? It's like he thinks you're an idiot for liking D'arcy. "She didn't even perform on the songs you like, IDIOT". Why not acknowledge she means something to people instead of being such a fucking twat.

Last edited by Funbags : 02-05-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:21 PM   #134
paranoid
Minion of Satan

darcy being in the band or not is one thing but i'm more upset and disappointed that there seems th be bad blood between them once again.

wtf happened? darcy let cat outta bag and billy sees that as betrayal?

also isn't flaxen saxon an old rambling drunk?

Old 02-05-2018, 09:39 PM   #135
fuzzyroes
Banned

Well, this shit seems to be turning sour again in a hurry.

This is exactly what had happened with the Guns N Roses tour... Everyone was all excited, and then Izzy Stradlin emerged for the first time in ages expressing vague disappointment and then all the fans on the message boards were outraged... And well, that tour was one of the major successes in recent rock history. So maybe it won't even matter to people that D'arcy is out.

The whole GNR thing really does seem to be their blueprint..... GNR got back together with Duff for a tour and a few shows and then subsequently integrated Slash with the new lineup... Same thing with Jimmy and then James and integrating them in with Jeff... I don't think it's gonna work out as well for Smashing Pumpkins though. They don't have the pull or wide-spread appeal that GNR has, but it still might work out and be a major success... Who the hell knows how the casuals will feel.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:43 PM   #136
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

This was missing to fuck up any reunion euphoria:

ANOTHER LEAKED PHOTO! @lindastrawberry

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

"williampcorganANOTHER LEAKED PHOTO! @lindastrawberry"

LINDA and D'ARCY have at least one thing common: both are just wearing pink hair...

Old 02-05-2018, 09:52 PM   #137
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

JEFF, the funky bass player:

And the rumors continue... #fourstringsarebetterthansix #smashingpumpkins

Ein Beitrag geteilt von Jeff Schroeder (@jjjschroeder) am

"jjjschroederAnd the rumors continue... #fourstringsarebetterthansix #smashingpumpkins"

Put on your BOOTSY COLLINS-robe again!

Old 02-05-2018, 10:05 PM   #138
russticles
Demi-God

Hahahaha! Well played, Jeff!

Old 02-05-2018, 10:21 PM   #139
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

wow.
that billy post is truly pathetic and i cringed reading it. still trying to convince people it was in fact he who played bass on everybody's "fave songs"... namedropping one of his biggest hits and crudely putting it out there that yes, he played bass on that one too... trying to be all poetic and cryptic and mysterious, and simultaneously deliver veiled insults to a person who has only recently expressed hurt and insult at not being invited to back to participate in something they helped made the success it was.

he's truly beyond redemption

Old 02-05-2018, 10:22 PM   #140
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/68...w2940-h4278-rw

Old 02-05-2018, 10:45 PM   #141
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
wow.
that billy post is truly pathetic and i cringed reading it. still trying to convince people it was in fact he who played bass on everybody's "fave songs"... namedropping one of his biggest hits and crudely putting it out there that yes, he played bass on that one too... trying to be all poetic and cryptic and mysterious, and simultaneously deliver veiled insults to a person who has only recently expressed hurt and insult at not being invited to back to participate in something they helped made the success it was.

he's truly beyond redemption
It really is the same tact he took back in 2007 isn't it?

It's a shame, I would hope the man would grow and evolve but he still seems petty as ever.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:50 PM   #142
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by werideatdusk View Post
People havent talked much about it but it does matter that Rubin is producing. First time since the Flood days that billy has a producer or even collaborator who will call bullshit on his bad ideas I.e. anti hero, run2me, death from above, studio owata, etc.
Rubin did Ogiblala, and there is plenty that a decent producer could have called bullshit.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:58 PM   #143
TuralyonW3
Immortal

“flaxen Saxxon” is pretty funny heh

Interesting that James played a lot of bass on Machina.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:09 PM   #144
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

I think it was the Guitar World with the band on the cover that came out around the time Machina was released BC said something along the lines of 'james played the bass parts and he did an incredible job without having much experience.' Its almost 20 year old news.

Last edited by SlingeroGuitaro : 02-05-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:10 PM   #145
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

God, what a fucking prick he is.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:20 PM   #146
paranoid
Minion of Satan

i asked flood a few years ago who did the bass on mellon collie and he said darcy did all of the bass on that record.

top that, bolly!

Old 02-05-2018, 11:24 PM   #147
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

#carefulwhatyouwishfor - he might just top the recent instagram-tripping with talking shit that is even worse.

I for one love it. We get the full beginners guide how not to do a "reunion sell out hype." fantastic.

cannot wait for the venue list. please please go for ugly arenas where the sound makes your ears bleed and then close off half the venue with curtains after dumping tickets on groupon. please!

Old 02-05-2018, 11:41 PM   #148
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

A new "leaked" photo, with a new SINGER, as the old one barely hit the right note:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20080523103308

Old 02-06-2018, 12:00 AM   #149
bright_doom
Ownz

Quote:
#becarefulwhatyouwishfor
I wish D'arcy never met you and had a happy life somewhere else.

Old 02-06-2018, 12:14 AM   #150
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Bill's got his wife in on it too

Rumors rumors rumors.. And y'all thought I couldn't play bass ....

A post shared by Chloe Mendel (@chloemendel) on