Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2018, 01:18 AM   #1
bonnieprince
Oblivious Virgin

Default Djalizwan / Chicago Songs

B0lly just recently posted on instagram that he tried to buy back the rights to Machina/Machina 2 to proceed with the reissue. The label said its too valuable to sell off, and yet, at the same time, has no interest in doing the reissue.

Would you be okay with the unreleased Zwan songs in the meantime? Matt Walker has been working on the Chicago Kid/Songs project for what feels like forever. The rights went back to Corgan from Warner Bros in 2014. It seems like he's moved passed the "bad taste in his mouth" of the Zwan period by playing Mary Star of the Sea / Jesus, I during the Plainsong shows.

There is a wealth of great unreleased material, especially the Djalizwan stuff. Even if its just soundboards of the live shows, would you be okay with that material being released before the Machinas while that is in limbo?

I'd like to hear this now, before I need hearing aids. Before its Augustus Jupiter releasing it in 2050 being like "Hey look what I found in my Dad's garage!!"

Old 03-05-2018, 04:03 AM   #2
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Flashback:

2011:

Quote:
frednirv632 posted this on the SmashingPumpkins.com board:

just got out of the smashing pumpkins record club meetup. billy was there!
a couple points off the top of my head:
-he thinks releasing pastichio medley songs would not be worth the effort -not enough interest for the amount of work it would take to prepare them for release.
-releasing 5-6 hours of pre-gish stuff next year.
-someone from fancy space people designed artwork for this tour – didn’t catch the name.
-wants to release residency and spun soundtrack eventually
-65 unreleased zwan songs
http://archive.alternativenation.net...ed-zwan-songs/

2012:

Quote:
“Once we clear the Pumpkins’ first era, then I have about 65 unreleased Zwan songs, I have a ton of unreleased stuff relating to my solo album ‘The Future Embrace,’ and then there’s a ton of ‘Zeitgeist’ demos, probably songs I should have put on the album, that are pretty interesting and well-done. Also I have two unreleased acoustic records, plus an unreleased acoustic soundtrack — three albums worth of acoustic albums from the mid-2000s that are totally unreleased. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically.”
http://archive.alternativenation.net...leased-albums/

2014:

https://i.imgur.com/CSRbVdV.png

https://www.reddit.com/user/iamBilly...ter=t1_cmq1n13

Last edited by amoergosum : 03-05-2018 at 04:09 AM.

Old 03-05-2018, 12:20 PM   #3
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Holy shit I want that Zwan material.

Matt's gotta have some rehearsal tapes and demos too, surely. Billy would probably flip if it leaked.

Old 03-06-2018, 03:25 AM   #4
jet set willy
Demi-God

This zwan stuff might be the most interesting of the unreleased things left.

Old 03-06-2018, 03:34 AM   #5
shadow47
Demi-God

Definitely some good Zwan stuff left, based on the album DVD snippets and the quality of the other band members.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:03 AM   #6
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

8:50

He says he wants to follow the order they were released.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:03 AM   #7
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

http://i68.tinypic.com/2uf8rxy.jpg

Old 03-06-2018, 09:51 AM   #8
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically. So I’m hoping to just do everything chronologically.