Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2019, 10:44 PM   #61
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Hang in there, you're doing great by the sounds of it!

Old 04-16-2019, 12:06 AM   #62
ilikeplanets
Braindead

baby food sweet potatoes aren't that bad, same with all the fruits. the meat, however, well....good luck.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:28 AM   #63
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
im so hungry. i might get the ok to eat tomorrow. i bought some baby food meat in anticipation. i wish i was joking. im also gonna get some cottage cheese and some baby food sweet potatoes and some motherfuckin' scrambled egg substitute. also going to ask if i can have one of those little cans of v8 every day. and i bought some little 2.5oz plastic reusable containers on amazon. #ballin'
can u eat smooth soups and bisques? what about jello and pudding? if so, get some of that. meat baby food cannot be good.

Old 04-16-2019, 06:23 PM   #64
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i was already able to eat sugar free jello and broth etc, but no cream soups but GUESS WHAT

i can eat regular meat after all, i thought i couldn't but i got some fuckin deli meat and ate two slices of turkey and two slices of cheese (thin) and i was sooo full. i got way too much. i also got some chicken, fish, yogurt, and cottage cheese. i just have to eat protein for 2 months, no fruit/veg unfortunately at all. but i can eat real food!

officially lost 42.5 lbs

ive been craving peanut butter and i found some peanut butter and banana flavored greek yogurt. i think that will be dinner. maybe with a hard boiled egg if i'm hungry enough. i probably wont be though.

i got some low sugar condiments too

my only food requirements are 60-80g protein, 3 meals a day, protein shakes if hungry between meals, no fruit/veg, as much fluid as possible

Old 04-16-2019, 08:59 PM   #65
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Do you need to take some sort of fiber supplement since you can't eat fruit or vegetables?

Old 04-16-2019, 09:17 PM   #66
D.
Consume my pants.

i love protein shakes. i started drinking them like, half a year ago because the internet had me worried about getting my protein on accounta bein' vegetarian. now i just really love them. and protein bars.

what kind you drankin'?

Old 04-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #67
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Do you need to take some sort of fiber supplement since you can't eat fruit or vegetables?
i might eventually, going to see how i react. so far is not so great, but the problem is not not going enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
i love protein shakes. i started drinking them like, half a year ago because the internet had me worried about getting my protein on accounta bein' vegetarian. now i just really love them. and protein bars.

what kind you drankin'?
premier protein. 30g protein 1g sugar. the best ones are strawberries and cookies and cream, and bananas and cream is pretty good, too. i think i got vanilla-d out and their chocolate isn't very good.

as for bars, i'm going to look back into quest bars but they might be hard to digest, plus i probably could only eat like 1/4 of one at a time. but i need to read the ingredients and stuff. maybe a lighter bar might be good, like the one bars or those power crunch ones. but im trying to keep sugar low and those are a bit higher if i recall correctly. at this point i'm eating like 20-50g of food for meals so i probably could wait on bars. which protein products do you like?

sorry i missed these posts before

Old 04-18-2019, 12:23 PM   #68
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Thumbs up

Wow, way to kick ass, reprise.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #69
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

thanks man

i ate 526 calories yesterday.

so far today i've eaten about 150. one medium hard boiled egg, 40g ham, 1 bottle protein2O (protein water)

Old 04-18-2019, 02:16 PM   #70
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
premier protein. 30g protein 1g sugar. the best ones are strawberries and cookies and cream, and bananas and cream is pretty good, too. i think i got vanilla-d out and their chocolate isn't very good.

as for bars, i'm going to look back into quest bars but they might be hard to digest, plus i probably could only eat like 1/4 of one at a time. but i need to read the ingredients and stuff. maybe a lighter bar might be good, like the one bars or those power crunch ones. but im trying to keep sugar low and those are a bit higher if i recall correctly. at this point i'm eating like 20-50g of food for meals so i probably could wait on bars. which protein products do you like?

sorry i missed these posts before
my fave protein shake powder and bar are both quest (peanut butter and pb choc respectively) because they are keto, as well (which should be good for you if you're avoiding sugar).

but they are kinda spensy $$$ and the protein powder i have to order off Prime because no stores have it in stock around here.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:46 PM   #71
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

my favorite quest are the white chocolate raspberry and oatmeal chocolate chip.

i used to buy expired bars on ebay for about $1/each. they were always fine. but i kept it to 2-3 months expired.

my diet is closer to atkins than keto, not enough fat for keto by far

Old 04-18-2019, 02:54 PM   #72
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
my favorite quest are the white chocolate raspberry and oatmeal chocolate chip.

i used to buy expired bars on ebay for about $1/each. they were always fine. but i kept it to 2-3 months expired.
um what this is a thing?!

i will gladly buy expired for a cheaper price; i got used to free expired food when i worked at the health food store '16-'17.

Quote:
my diet is closer to atkins than keto, not enough fat for keto by far
ahh, okay, isee.

Old 04-18-2019, 04:24 PM   #73
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I recently weighed myself and realized I had gained ten pounds. I would previously fluctuate within a ten-pound range, but this was ten pounds over the upper limit of my previous range. Seeing as I've always been meaning to lose ten pounds and see how I'd look afterward anyway, I now had to lose 20 pounds.

I've already lost that 10 pounds I've gained by getting back to counting calories. Even though I fail to log my calories most days, I just stopped eating as much candy as I was eating when I had let myself go, and cut down on my boredom eating.

I had a good streak of staying under my caloric limit until yesterday, where I ate two full packages of Maynard's candies, as well as some Korean BBQ sandwich and fries. I felt uncomfortably full while trying to finish the Korean BBQ meal (I had it right after the candy), but I felt like torturing myself, I guess.

Trying to do better today. Also got back into lifting recently. My goal is to do a cut while lifting to maintain strength. When I lose an additional 10 pounds (or however many pounds I need to lose to no longer have a belly), I'll switch from a strength-building routine to a hypertrophy routine for aesthetics, and start bulking.

I mean, that's my intention. But I've also been on and off this fitness wagon for five years now, never being consistent enough to actually reach any of my goals. I've still never even gotten to the point where I look like I lift. I've always been skinnyfat. Not large, but undefined and with a belly that I can hide under clothes.

Old 04-18-2019, 04:29 PM   #74
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
thanks man

i ate 526 calories yesterday.

so far today i've eaten about 150. one medium hard boiled egg, 40g ham, 1 bottle protein2O (protein water)
Jesus, I ain't got that sort of willpower.

Old 04-18-2019, 05:23 PM   #75
Eulogy
huh

I set a goal of losing 30 and the first ten went real fast. Been stuck there though. Bleh.

Pulling for you reprise. Why no fruit or vegetables? Sorry if that’s a dumb question or if you already answered.

Old 04-18-2019, 05:43 PM   #76
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Each pound seems harder to lose than the last. Probably because when your weight is lower, so is your BMR and TDEE, so you don't burn as many calories.

I recently got a Fitbit (traded in some workplace rewards-programme points for it, I'm not bougie/rich enough to buy these kinds of gadgets for myself), but I'm kind of suspicious of it. The pedometer seems accurate, but the estimated calorie burn seems way exaggerated. Pretty sure I'm not burning the same as my BMR just by walking to the bus stop and without doing any workouts.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:54 PM   #77
TuralyonW3
Immortal

lose the fuck out of that weight

Old 04-18-2019, 10:15 PM   #78
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Each pound seems harder to lose than the last. Probably because when your weight is lower, so is your BMR and TDEE, so you don't burn as many calories.
ding ding ding

my initial weight loss (from 220 to 160) was crayyyyzy. then, the 160 to my current 150 took like two times as long haha.

Old 04-18-2019, 11:05 PM   #79
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
um what this is a thing?!

i will gladly buy expired for a cheaper price; i got used to free expired food when i worked at the health food store '16-'17.

ahh, okay, isee.
it's absolutely a thing. i originally got a lot of like 30 bars that had like 2-3 max of each flavor, so i tried a bunch of them.

for example:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-Lot-of...0AAOSwfGxcqjgJ

lot of 55 for $55
https://www.ebay.com/itm/55-Quest-Pr...ty!33441!US!-1

don't see the ones you like though

Old 04-18-2019, 11:06 PM   #80
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I recently weighed myself and realized I had gained ten pounds. I would previously fluctuate within a ten-pound range, but this was ten pounds over the upper limit of my previous range. Seeing as I've always been meaning to lose ten pounds and see how I'd look afterward anyway, I now had to lose 20 pounds.

I've already lost that 10 pounds I've gained by getting back to counting calories. Even though I fail to log my calories most days, I just stopped eating as much candy as I was eating when I had let myself go, and cut down on my boredom eating.

I had a good streak of staying under my caloric limit until yesterday, where I ate two full packages of Maynard's candies, as well as some Korean BBQ sandwich and fries. I felt uncomfortably full while trying to finish the Korean BBQ meal (I had it right after the candy), but I felt like torturing myself, I guess.

Trying to do better today. Also got back into lifting recently. My goal is to do a cut while lifting to maintain strength. When I lose an additional 10 pounds (or however many pounds I need to lose to no longer have a belly), I'll switch from a strength-building routine to a hypertrophy routine for aesthetics, and start bulking.

I mean, that's my intention. But I've also been on and off this fitness wagon for five years now, never being consistent enough to actually reach any of my goals. I've still never even gotten to the point where I look like I lift. I've always been skinnyfat. Not large, but undefined and with a belly that I can hide under clothes.
you can do it

Old 04-18-2019, 11:08 PM   #81
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Jesus, I ain't got that sort of willpower.
it has nothing to do with willpower. i can't eat more, physically.

Old 04-18-2019, 11:10 PM   #82
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
I set a goal of losing 30 and the first ten went real fast. Been stuck there though. Bleh.

Pulling for you reprise. Why no fruit or vegetables? Sorry if that’s a dumb question or if you already answered.
two reasons

1. i can only eat a little and if i don't make it primarily protein i will lose muscle mass. i'll lose some anyway but the few calories i consume needs to be all protein

2. vegetables especially are tough to digest compared to protein. even when i go to stage 4 in 2 months i'll only be able to have cooked to death vegetables.

i could really use some broccoli right now. and carrots. and peas. i dont even normally like peas.

Last edited by reprise85 : 04-18-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Old 04-18-2019, 11:12 PM   #83
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:

I recently got a Fitbit (traded in some workplace rewards-programme points for it, I'm not bougie/rich enough to buy these kinds of gadgets for myself), but I'm kind of suspicious of it. The pedometer seems accurate, but the estimated calorie burn seems way exaggerated. Pretty sure I'm not burning the same as my BMR just by walking to the bus stop and without doing any workouts.
fitbits are bad for me because i move my arms a lot at work and it counts that as walking. i also take smaller steps than most people so it overestimates my distance. whenever i used a pedometer it had to be in my pocket and i had to be able to adjust stride length

Old 04-18-2019, 11:13 PM   #84
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
ding ding ding

my initial weight loss (from 220 to 160) was crayyyyzy. then, the 160 to my current 150 took like two times as long haha.
you really lost the fuck out of that weight, as turdlion put it. damn boyyy

Old 04-18-2019, 11:20 PM   #85
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i ate 45g of salmon tonight with 9g sugar free tartar sauce. shit was bomb. 45g seems to be about right for me right now

i've only had 251 calories today and 31g of protien. 12g of that came from protein water. probably going to have to drink a shake unless i stay up really late. i just ate the salmon 30 mins ago

Old 04-18-2019, 11:24 PM   #86
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

D., even though i'm not on keto i am probably in ketosis. i'm not eating enough fat for the diet but i'm only eating like 5-25g carbs a day

Old 04-19-2019, 07:35 AM   #87
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
two reasons

1. i can only eat a little and if i don't make it primarily protein i will lose muscle mass. i'll lose some anyway but the few calories i consume needs to be all protein

2. vegetables especially are tough to digest compared to protein. even when i go to stage 4 in 2 months i'll only be able to have cooked to death vegetables.

i could really use some broccoli right now. and carrots. and peas. i dont even normally like peas.
And here I am thinking vegetables help with digestion? I really don’t know anything.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:58 AM   #88
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
And here I am thinking vegetables help with digestion? I really don’t know anything.
they would probably help because fiber, but something like raw broccoli is just rough to break down with limited stomach acid i guess. but i think the main reason is the protein reason

Old 04-19-2019, 12:57 PM   #89
myosis
Minion of Satan

raw vegetables are absolutely harder for the stomach to digest (takes longer), some people with excessive reflux just avoid them.
i think protein also helps the stomach to regenerate faster.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:09 PM   #90
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
D., even though i'm not on keto i am probably in ketosis. i'm not eating enough fat for the diet but i'm only eating like 5-25g carbs a day
keto is so f'ing hard but that's AMAZING; yeah you probably are. They make ketone strips to make sure you're in keotsis but that's for hardcore keto peeps. i don't even know if i've ever been in ketosis tbh, even when i first tried it out and lost the initial ten pounds. i don't have the willpower for strict keto, i just try to casually eat under 20g of carbs a day.

i did make lo-carb almond flour tortillas tonight; they actually turned out decent-ish for my first time ever doing something like it.