Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Default Bully (movie)

have you guys seen this movie? it is on netflix. i watched it recently and found it to be moving. if you've seen it, what did you think of it?

also who here was bullied severely?

Old 04-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #2
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

is it the 2011 documentary or the 2001 movie? i saw the movie in high school, but i don't remember a damn thing.

i wasn't bullied per se but i got picked on and made fun of quite a bit. no one ever stole my lunch money or stuffed me in a locker, but i was ostracized by a lot of girls for being weird and boys didn't wanna play with me cause i was a girl. this was at catholic school. i'd come home crying a lot and my mom would just tell me to ignore them, which in hindsight i don't think was the best advice.

in high school (predominantly mexican) i was given grief for, again, being different and a "school girl." just can't win, man! i had a lot of friends, though. my friend in cheerleading said i was popular for being unpopular... whatever that means.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 04-17-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #3
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I got picked on a lot, but like ****** I never got physically hurt or threatened. I was smart and a little weird. I wouldn't stick up for myself. In 6th grade I went into a class where every day two of the guys leaving the class would say terrible things to me, mostly related to my appearance (I had crazy hair and was a little overweight). There were other people who made fun of me, but I remember having dreams about them and being anxious to go to Social Studies every day.

I guess in elementary school I didn't get bullied a lot, but in middle school I did. I just hung out with the other weird-but-not-dangerous kids in elementary, plus I was good at sports so I had all guy buddies or whatever, in-school friends. Once I got depressed and stopped participating in sports I got picked on a lot more. Plus I wore SP shirts every day. I got all As but never really talked in class or participated much.

So I guess I wouldn't call that severely.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:54 PM   #4
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

I used to bully other kids (OH MY GOD NO WAY), but I was also bullied by the kids on my block pretty relentlessly. Hit in the head "accidentally" with baseball bats, shot with b.b. guns, there was one time this guy's older psycho brother sicced his doberman on me. He also tried to steal my bike by saying he'd slit my throat but I called his bluff. That was after the doberman thing. I think he's in prison now, reminds me of richard ramirez's brother really. his little brother would always talk about how many guns his bro had and what a vato he was and his hand grenades and how he killed people as a navy seal or whatever. Yeah.

In middle school i kept beating up honors class students so they put me in a "contained classroom" not unlike namond's special class on the 4th season of the wire, and it was filled with kids that were in and out of juvie

they beat the living shit out of me. little bourgeois white boy that didn't want to behave. they should have.

in high school there was a biology class where there were a crew of "thugs" (I contend how thug they were because they were at school every day) that would throw shit at me all class long because i got on with the teacher who had zero control over the class. They'd call me cracker and whitey and shit, last day of school they celebrated my graduation by pouring an entire aquarium full of pebbles all over me. I never reacted to them, not even once.

now i bully people on the internet

Old 04-16-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
Bread Regal
Banned

i was bullied pretty mercilessly, and while i only got my ass kicked about half a dozen times, i wouldn't consider physical violence to be the threshold between getting bullied and getting picked on. trauma is trauma, and it's worse when adults and authority figures ignore it, or minimize it or partake in it, all of which happened to me. i had more than one teacher join in when kids were fucking with me. that fucked me up good.

Last edited by Bread Regal : 04-16-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #6
Bread Regal
Banned

and in retrospect, i wouldn't call those kids inherently evil, because they were responding to their surroundings the only way they know how.

but those adults. i fully hate their guts until this very day. i wish miserable, prolonged deaths on them.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:03 PM   #7
Trotskilicious
Banned

the guy that shot me with a bb gun had his cousin call me saying she wanted to meet me after school and then she never showed up

i found out she was his cousin later, and then she called again like the prank would work a second time.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #8
Bread Regal
Banned

man i looked up the guy that tormented me daily in 8th grade. he now runs a company that sell, get ready, christian youth apparel.

he used to use "jew" as a pejorative.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:20 PM   #9
Bread Regal
Banned

bullying is for faggots

Old 04-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #10
Trotskilicious
Banned

what makes the apparel christian

Old 04-16-2014, 09:57 PM   #11
slunken
Virgo

the acronyms i would suspect

Old 04-16-2014, 10:09 PM   #12
slunken
Virgo

Old 04-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #13
slunken
Virgo

Old 04-16-2014, 10:27 PM   #15
slunken
Virgo

i printed these shirts today for a youth group organization that on the front said "hold up wait a minute" and then on the back it said "let me put some jesus in it"

i was like "...hold on a second..." how is this i can't even ?

Old 04-16-2014, 10:30 PM   #16
slunken
Virgo

in the end i just realized that they don't know any better

Old 04-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #17
Bread Regal
Banned

this is a good one i saw on reddit

http://i.imgur.com/JYc5Z9H.jpg

Old 04-16-2014, 10:58 PM   #18
Trotskilicious
Banned

i have an orange shirt that has RESCUE SQUAD on the back and on the left breast it says JESUS TO THE RESCUE! with a little siren behind it

it's the best

Old 04-16-2014, 11:00 PM   #19
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
the 2001 movie? i saw the movie in high school, but i don't remember a damn thing.
legitimately one of my favorite movies.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:06 PM   #20
D.
Consume my pants.

I went to two small private Christian schools my whole school career and it was very interconnected. People from each school went to both and back and forth and half the people I hung out with were from my church. Then, for a few years, both schools merged. So, everyone really knew everyone and I was always squarely middle ground (although I was definitely known as the Pumpkins fan *groan*). I wasn't super popular but there wasn't a bully problem per se. The teachers stamped that shit out quick.

Although there was one kid who was a teacher's son and he used to be pretty cruel to kids in middle school; I was one of his targets for a school year before I stood up to him, verbally, and the next year we were thick as thieves. I still had to kind of hold him at arm's length though.

So, no, unless there was "obvious" socially-stunted kids, the bullying was minimal. And even with the "obvious" kids, I don't think they got it really bad but you'd have to ask them.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:08 PM   #21
D.
Consume my pants.

And I'm terrified of my daughter and her going to school. I have no idea how to handle things until they happen and I don't know what I'd tell her because I never told my parents when I'd get razzed by the school bully because I was too embarrassed and didn't want them to worry.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:30 AM   #22
Order 66
Socialphobic

my grade school experiences were terrifying. if i have a kid i don't think i could ever take them to a public school. but maybe that's just putting window dressing on a problem. i don't know

not to go all grandpa but kids now are lucky there's quite a bit more awareness on bullying. when i was in jr high and high school it was pretty much encouraged all the way from the teachers up to the top faculty

Old 04-17-2014, 06:47 AM   #23
Shallowed
Braindead

Is this the documentary that was given an R16 rating because of the verbal and physical abuse that thirteen year olds gave each other in it?

Old 04-17-2014, 07:16 AM   #24
Bread Regal
Banned

that's the one

Old 04-17-2014, 07:29 AM   #25
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

i plan on watching this tonight. the trailer looked pretty good.

i didn't get bullied much. in seventh grade i teased a kid in our class a bunch, then i found out he was transferring to another school so at my friend's urging, i took him aside on his last day and apologized. his name was rodney.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:34 AM   #26
Order 66
Socialphobic

fuck rodney. i hope he's dead now

Old 04-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #27
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

del

Old 04-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #28
yo soy el mejor

oh man, there was that time freshman year someone threw gum in my hair and i pretended not to notice. then i went home and got it out with baby oil.

when i was a junior my parents moved to the suburbs and i had to switch schools and leave all my pals. it was terribly hard for me to make friends. my only one was a very tall red-headed boy named Devin in my english class who also rode my bus; i introduced him to deviantart. i ate in the cafeteria by myself a few times until one day i was just sitting there eating and a group of white boiz, for no reason, threw a bottle cap at me and laughed. then i mostly started chillin' in the library during lunch after a stint of eating in the restroom.

eventually i met a few girls in choir who i ate with on 'B' days.

i got one of those boiz back several years later when i was working at starbucks and ground a roach in his drink.

thankfully my mother allowed me to return to my old high school for the final semester of my senior year. she did blame me for not wanting to make friends in rockwall, though. :/

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 04-17-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #29
yo soy el mejor

a 7th grader who apologizes for his behavior? now there's something you don't see everyday.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #30
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

I used to think that as a kid I was bullied because people didn't like, me. I realised years later I was bullied because I didn't like people. Something must have unnerved them about my anti-social attitude. Maybe they thought I thought I was superior (I just MIGHT have actually thought I was). I read a report from kindergarten saying I didn't play with other kids and wouldn't participate in group activities unless forced to. Turns out I was right for not liking people, they kinda suck. Or maybe I just think that because I don't like people so they never gave me a reason to like them....it's so confusing.