Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2014, 09:42 PM   #181
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I think trots is making some sort of slippery slope argument but I'm not sure. people should be free to be gay but we better watch out for any sexuality more deviant than that, cause it will inevitably lead to people raping six year olds

Old 03-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #182
redbreegull

actually no one should be allowed to have sex at all in any way with anyone because it will inevitably lead to people raping six year olds being ok

Old 03-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #183
redbreegull

also I would like to challenge slunken to find somewhere that I actually talk about my girlfriend having sex with other people in more than idle passing. I am almost certain that I have never said more than to simply acknowledge that she has had sex with others. I am almost certain I have never expressed negativity on the subject here, except to other boarders when I get the inevitable "how you gonna let your woman fuck other guys bro?"

to which I always respond, I am not her fucking master, I don't "let" or "not let" her do anything.

if anything I think I probably have told a few tales before about hooking up with other chicks. it's just infuriating slunken, and I am talking directly to you now since you have had some trouble with that, that you are blind to the bias you are inserting into the argument, and that furthermore you can't even properly remember the history of the situation but you still feel the need to open your mouth about something you clearly know nothing about

Old 03-16-2014, 09:49 PM   #184
slunken
Virgo

I honestly don't think anyone here hates gays or condemns polyamorous situations. But I would certainly condemn my own situation if I was in an open relationship and the balance was way off. I think that would be hurtful to the person getting the short end of the stick. That is also what your previous posts had indicated (again I point out where you've mentioned her multiple partners but never any of your own). Which is why I asked.

The fact that you got so bent out of shape led me to believe I might be onto something.

There's no need to turn this into a flag-waving political debate.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:53 PM   #185
Eulogy
huh

Everyone keeps viewing this through their personal lenses. It doesn't matter if you couldn't handle the balance being off. People are different.

How are people still not getting this

Old 03-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #186
slunken
Virgo

I'm certainly not an encyclopedia of netphoria but for real I completely forget you're in an open relationship until you bring it up. You just always talk about and post pictures of your girlfriend. The one.

Again, man -> Face Value

Old 03-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #187
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
I honestly don't think anyone here hates gays or condemns polyamorous situations. But I would certainly condemn my own situation if I was in an open relationship and the balance was way off. I think that would be hurtful to the person getting the short end of the stick. That is also what your previous posts had indicated. Which is why I asked.

The fact that you got so bent out of shape led me to believe I might be onto something.

There's no need to turn this into a flag-waving political debate.
again the fact that you think that about open relationships demonstrates that you simply do not understand, which is fine, but it's an ignorant thing to think. keeping a tally is obviously extremely unhealthy and the complete wrong way to go into an open situation. and maybe you realize that, in which case you can keep your condescension to yourself and stop assuming that the open aspect of our relationship is the kernel of our problems.

my situation is not political to me. I'm in this relationship because we both wanted to try it, and it feels good for us. I don't hand out pamphlets or go to rallies or complain about being marginalized, until I am assailed. Even if the relationship falls apart, it will not have been because we were open and I am ready to call our experiment a success. However, other people opposing the nature of the relationship without actually being in it is inevitably a political position

Old 03-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #188
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
It doesn't matter if you couldn't handle the balance being off. People are different.
I get this.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:05 PM   #189
slunken
Virgo

I can't help but feel like, okay: If i had a boyfriend and we are in an open relationship and he fucks whoever he wants whenever he wants yet I only fuck him, I don't think that's necessarily healthy. Sure it's his or my right to do that but I don't think it's healthy. People have the freedom to make bad decisions.

That was the only point I was trying to question. I never accused RBG of this, I was simply asking. Then he flipped out and here we are.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #190
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
But I would certainly condemn my own situation if I was in an open relationship and the balance was way off. I think that would be hurtful to the person getting the short end of the stick.
"short end of the stick" and "the balance being off" -
are you trying to come up with inane bullshit for the sake of an argument or do you seriously think counting side flings is what open relationships are all about?

Now you are turning it into "I was just asking... if his girl is having side things and he hasn't"
You didn't. You made a point at comparing numbers, that's not the same as your previous post

Old 03-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #191
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
"short end of the stick" and "the balance being off" -
are you trying to come up with inane bullshit for the sake of an argument or do you seriously think counting side flings is what open relationships are all about?
no but i thought it might account for all the sadness RBG was expressing earlier

Old 03-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #192
slunken
Virgo

i wasn't talking about tit-for-tat i was talking about she fucks everyone and i sit at home and pine for her which to me is how this was all spelled out earlier.

FACE VALUE

Old 03-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #193
redbreegull

dude can you just stop responding

Old 03-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #194
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
is not a competition of who can get the most ass...I've hooked up with eight girls since we became open two years ago
so how many has she been with

Old 03-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #195
redbreegull

this is obviously something you just don't get, which is fine, you have the right to not get it, just stop talking about it then

Old 03-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #196
slunken
Virgo

you asked me to respond remember

Old 03-16-2014, 10:14 PM   #197
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
I get this.
If you get it then why are you assuming people who can handle an "off balance " relationship are making bad decisions?

Old 03-16-2014, 10:16 PM   #198
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy View Post
so how many has she been with
If I answer, then someone will get up on their high horse and tell me off for misogynistically gossiping about a woman's sexual past against her consent. If I don't answer, then you will assume she "has me beat" which will legitimize slunken's pedestrian tally idea to my detractors

Old 03-16-2014, 10:16 PM   #199
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Exclamation

Quote:
Who is worse for threads? Charmbag or future boy?
you're just jealous of my politics board mastery
Quote:
You don't contribute anything anymore. You just launch bombs from the peanut gallery. Boring.
what do i do

Old 03-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #200
Eulogy
huh

That

Old 03-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #201
redbreegull

Quote:
you asked me to respond remember
I asked you to show me where I had ever specifically discussed her having sex with other people which you didn't and couldn't because I haven't. I'm actually not even sure beyond all doubt that I haven't, but I am sure beyond all doubt that I have never expressed negative feelings about her being with others.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:19 PM   #202
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
If you get it then why are you assuming people who can handle an "off balance " relationship are making bad decisions?
in the same way that some spouses can "handle" being beaten by their significant others or the abuse of the mentally handicapped

power dynamics

Old 03-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #203
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy View Post
you're just jealous of my politics board mastery
being able to say something negative in literally any situation = mastery

Old 03-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #204
redbreegull

Quote:
in the same way that some spouses can "handle" being beaten by their significant others or the abuse of the mentally handicapped

power dynamics

so stupid I can't even

Old 03-16-2014, 10:21 PM   #205
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
I asked you to show me where I had ever specifically discussed her having sex with other people which you didn't and couldn't because I haven't. I'm actually not even sure beyond all doubt that I haven't, but I am sure beyond all doubt that I have never expressed negative feelings about her being with others.
it was this:

Quote:
"girlfriend" is still in the picture but have been seeing her less and less and she has been pretty aloof lately. we've been having some issues since the fall mainly based in the perpetual long-distance thing. it just fucking sucks and there is pretty much no way we're going to be able to move in together for at least a few more years. I guess you could say we've been taking it slower or whatever

also the lack of sex is uhweg;kuhkw;ughfi;whgei

like sometimes I will go visit her for the weekend and we will go the whole weekend and she just never gets in the mood to have sex, even though we usually go 2-4 weeks in between seeing each other. I think her birth control might be part of it, but I'm not sure. We're kind of at this standstill on this issue where she's basically like I don't know why my sex drive is so low but it is and I don't know how to fix it, so.....

one might think that having the option of having sex with other people could make this ok, but it doesn't

Old 03-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #206
redbreegull

are you sure you are reading that correctly

Old 03-16-2014, 10:23 PM   #207
pavementtune

Quote:
no but i thought it might account for all the sadness RBG was expressing earlier
okay
I read the whole thread differently - he felt lonely since they see so little of each other, and the whole distance thing is a fragile construct. He was out, had a good time, flirted, and was hoping to get a call. Didn't happen, he got drunk and felt even lonelier

That was my interpretation, so I didn't get why you focused on who had how much on the side how often

Anyway.
What's a good source to look up what bronies and furries are

Old 03-16-2014, 10:23 PM   #208
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
are you sure you are reading that correctly
i'd be the first to admit i might not - you're the who got so bent out of shape

Old 03-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #209
slunken
Virgo

i was just asking if you were reading it all correctly

Old 03-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #210
redbreegull

Quote:
okay
I read the whole thread differently - he felt lonely since they see so little of each other, and the whole distance thing is a fragile construct. He was out, had a good time, flirted, and was hoping to get a call. Didn't happen, he got drunk and felt even lonelier

That was my interpretation, so I didn't get why you focused on who had how much on the side how often
that is a 100% accurate account of what I said and meant. Slunken just cannot stop himself from assuming things I never said