Pop Tart
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilist View Post
I'm afraid it's an inside joke/insult.
I have 83 posts. Let me in on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta of Muppet View Post
Enough reason to prejudicially hate each and every Turk.
I dunno. Putting powdered stuff on red jelly was probably pretty innovative 2000 years ago.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #62
SPLATTER
Demi-God

his bass videos had my 16 month old dancing... so props to you, larkin

Old 01-30-2010, 04:51 PM   #63
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

Empire of the Sun, Passion Pit, and MGMT

oh yeah, "Orientation = Straight" sure thing buddy

Old 01-31-2010, 12:34 AM   #64
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I looked up the group Empire of the Sun. They look like an even gayer version of Fischerspooner.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:18 AM   #65
applepwnz
Ownz

Where the fuck is flipnut? I haven't seen that kid in a few days

Old 01-31-2010, 11:12 AM   #66
SPLATTER
Demi-God

i think you guys are really cool and funny making fun of this kid. wow. it's so great. and if you like passion pit you are gay, yeah.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:28 AM   #67
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

THANKS MAN
UR COLL TOO

Old 04-07-2010, 03:43 AM   #68
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
I looked up the group Empire of the Sun. They look like an even gayer version of Fischerspooner.
you are the only person i've ever seen who still references fischerspooner in relationship to anything

Old 04-07-2010, 03:43 AM   #69
redbull
Immortal

electroclash is fucking dead man

Old 04-07-2010, 05:16 AM   #70
Kahlo

Vaguely amusing thread on the o-board in which Larkin London posts his bass audition clips for SP, asks if he is good enough, and gets told either that he is not a looker, not a great bassist or a combination of both.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #71
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

who the fuck is larkin london

Old 04-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #72
xforewarnedx
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
Only the coolest kid EVEAAA!

Old 04-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #73
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforewarnedx View Post
Only the coolest kid EVEAAA!
The extent of your idolisation has reached your avatar.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:35 AM   #74
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
Quote:
I remember being in middleschool, in my english class when my uptight young female teacher used the opening line from "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" to demonstrate to us a simile.
It was that very day I went home and downloaded my first Pumpkins song.
In the weeks to follow I happened upon "Disarm" and for years and years that song was living part of me.
I've always been depressed; my story, while not as sad as yours, still holds much personal tragedy.
When highschool hit; things just got worse for me.
I've wiped most of it from my memory even thought it wasn't that long ago.
I slowly collected, song by song, piece by peice your music.
When I got my first bass at the age of 14 I had never even considered being a musician.
I never learned any pumpkins songs.
I remember my second semester in college I made friends with a musician who became a fixture in my life for the next several years. We played togeather all the time; and I suggested playing Pumpkins covers but at first he just wasn't a fan of yours.
After I introduced him to the song "To Forgive" as the song I really wanted to cover; he became very accepting of your genius, hahaha. I remember just setting and listening to it (we both just learn things by ear) and after about the 5th time threw we just forgot about covering it and he left the room and I set alone for a while. Later that day, we both decided that Pumpkins songs were too holy to cover.
Of course we didn't use the word holy. We were at a Christian college and man; some people didn't like the fact that there was such a thing as Christian rock, let alone secular artists that people on campus listened to.
I remember a teacher in my "Christian Living" class using another line from "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" to talk about Nihilism.
By then I was a pretty hardcore fan. Finding it very funy that a huge picture of you was being projected onto the wall for all my classmates to gawk at.
It was the release of Zeitgiest when I became obsessed (to a degree) with your music. Before then I had been obsessed with Coheed and Cambria (hope that doesn't depress you, hhaha) and before that, no one band had captured all of my attention.
I obtained all of the pumpkins albums digitaly and Zwan and your solo album and listened to all of it that I could. College was a very rough time for me the one year I spent there.
I had been thriving off an obsession of a girl I thought I loved. Sometimes, even today, I still feel like I love her. "Tonight, Tonight" became a hyper-emotional song for me because it was something me and her shared a love for. I remember vividly a day playing hookie from classes and walking the railroad tracks and all of a sudden that song came on and I had to stop and call and talk to her.
haha, this ones funny. I remember a super-christian girl I was talking to told me that your voice was too nasley for her to listen to. Then I found out she was a huge fan of hawk nelson. I experienced my first (memorable) panic attack at that moment. hahahaha. I paced from my room to my neighbours room ranting about how this girl is no longer atractive to me what so ever.
I was then rediculed by my friends about how I apparently cared more about Billy Corgan then I did about God because never once had I gotten this upset over the fact that someone was willingly going to hell by defying God.
I droped out after that year (along with my musician friend) and we worked a summer job at a Christian camp. I had signed a statement saying that I couldn't listen to secular music; but I swear every time I could turn my iPod on I was listening to my Pumpkins because I needed them to remain sane. Looking back I can say I had a more reflective and religious experience listening to your songs then I ever had during all my lessons, scripture memory, or daily quiet time that summer. Almost every time I had a big break down to God it was fueled by an emotional high from an SP song.
That summer I really started writing songs on an acoustic; for the first time; and about half of what I played my friend would just give me a look and go "No. that's way too pumpkinsish". I was unintentionally stealing licks from songs you created.
I remember walking alone all threwout that camp; discovering new songs in your vast discography and loving ever more the ones I already knew. I remember drifting to sleep listening to "In the Arms of Sleep", "Once Upon a Time", "Perfect", "Cupid De Locke", "Rhinoceros" and many more.
A while after that I ended up in Dallas in a very hard time in my life. I explored the Zwan, Zeitgeist, and your solo album a lot during those times.
You've been with me as far back as I can remember. You've helped me threw some times. You're the only guy I've ever joked about having sex. One time I shaved my head bald; took all my friends about 2 seconds to start picking on me for loving you like that, hahaha.
It really does my soul (if I have one) a lot of good to know that you're still doing your thing.
You have to promise me to keep doing it long enough for me to get a band to stardom. That way I can maybe meet you in the music scene or something like that.
I worn you though; If/When I ever meet you I will most likely hug you for about an hour straight, no matter how much pepper spray I may recieve right in my face.
http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/boar...fault/blah.gif
I'm just peachy if you never read this.
Even though I will admit, nothing will stop me from dreaming you read it and are at this moment making plans to contact me and be the miracle my life has been reduced to waiting for.

-Larkin London
(a testimate to the mess my life is; I use my real name everywhere.)

Old 04-08-2010, 02:41 AM   #75
Cool As Ice Cream

good stuff.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:43 AM   #76
Cool As Ice Cream

he's so funy.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:38 AM   #77
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
Vaguely amusing thread on the o-board in which Larkin London posts his bass audition clips for SP, asks if he is good enough, and gets told either that he is not a looker, not a great bassist or a combination of both.
link?

Old 04-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #78
Astur
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I obtained all of the pumpkins albums digitaly and Zwan and your solo album and listened to all of it that I could.
i just obtained digitally all Akercocke albums

ps. this thread was amazing

Old 04-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #79
Kahlo

Do I have a chance to be the SP's new bassist?

Board Message

Old 04-08-2010, 10:09 AM   #80
hnibos
Braindead

Personally I really liked it.
I think it stands a chance. You play a lot with more of your own unique style than any Pumpkins bassist so far aside from maybe Mark. But is that what Billy wants is the question. I'd really love to see you as the new bassist.

And funk is the only thing really interesting on bass that's meant to be that way. I think it's a good style to show off on.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:09 AM   #81
hnibos
Braindead

I think you are great!

I really like that agressive bass playing. I think you will only have to wait because it's impossible to know if you will be the next SP bassist!

Old 04-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #82
hnibos
Braindead

very good work.
you're a talented guy.
i hope you get consideration to be part of the band.

however, just for once, for the sakes of unity, i wouldn't mind seeing an african american bass player in the band.
i'm sure there's plenty of talented ones about..

Old 04-09-2010, 09:42 AM   #83
Twat Vomit
Pledge

i want to vomit mounds of creamed corn into billy's gaping asshole with a funnel, and then have him shit it back into my mouth so i can puke into his mouth and he can spew all over my face and then we make out. OMG that would be a DREAM COME TRUE!

Old 04-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #84
Shallowed
Braindead

Make sure you call junesoma, she won't want to miss the opportunity to participate in an epic love-Billysplosion like that.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #85
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
Personally I really liked it.
I think it stands a chance. You play a lot with more of your own unique style than any Pumpkins bassist so far aside from maybe Mark. But is that what Billy wants is the question. I'd really love to see you as the new bassist.

And funk is the only thing really interesting on bass that's meant to be that way. I think it's a good style to show off on.
Quote:
I think you are great!

I really like that agressive bass playing. I think you will only have to wait because it's impossible to know if you will be the next SP bassist!
Quote:
very good work.
you're a talented guy.

however, just for once, for the sakes of unity, i wouldn't mind seeing an african american bass player in the band.
since ive posted these, i come to this thread at least once a day to read these for a good laugh

Old 04-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #86
Caine Walker
Braindead

Quote:
very good work.
you're a talented guy.

my pen just flew out of my hand after reading this.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #87
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

You are posting with a pen?

How barbaric.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #88
Caine Walker
Braindead

i'm posting from the ipad

Old 04-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #89
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic