i wish this had been a single with a dub version and an instrumental

Old 08-28-2014, 05:21 PM   #32
slunken
Virgo

holy fuck when the solo drops in

Old 08-28-2014, 05:25 PM   #33
slunken
Virgo

yea the vocals really need something else going on with them. there doesn't seem to be any vocal editing except for some added delay at the end of the two "in you i..." lines. although that might be on the original take for all i know

i think the symphonic mix really needs some room to breath but bc's raw vocal just keeps coming at you like a straight up pop song. on one hand it's kind of interesting because it rushes you through the track. like i mentioned before it would be nice to have this as a single with a dub and an instrumental to compliment.

Old 08-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #34
slunken
Virgo

moby's 1979 remix is still the best commercial remix

Old 08-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #35
panda show
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Lucky kid.

That dress makes it hard to choose seeing an Adore show over seeing a golden era show.
depends on what's 'golden era' to you?

Old 08-28-2014, 05:29 PM   #36
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda show View Post
depends on what's 'golden era' to you?
well for example he just "discovered" slow dawn a few weeks ago

Old 08-28-2014, 05:34 PM   #37
Order 66
Socialphobic

i always thought this thing was an urban myth

Old 08-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #38
Spira|_
Apocalyptic Poster

Worth listen. Liked.. And listen to billys voice so clean and loud was nice!

Old 08-28-2014, 10:33 PM   #39
vbshlofbvgos
Apocalyptic Poster

It sounds a lot different from what I was expecting. That said, I don't believe I'll ever listen to it again.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:01 PM   #40
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

There are a few videos I can think of off the top of my head that pretty much encapsulate why Smashing Pumpkins, in its original incarnation, was bound to break up. One is that video from 2000 where Billy is making fun of James for being sick. The other is that MuchMusic video. It has every conceivable awkward moment.

-In the unedited version, Billy snapping at that kid who asks about Jimmy Chamberlin (I WON'T ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT COURTNEY LOVE, MARILYN MANSON, OR JIMMY CHAMBERLIN!)
-James sitting completely silent and staring into space. On the occasion he does respond, he gives a three word answer or is interrupted by Billy.
-D'arcy giving Billy shit every step of the way, and Billy saying "are you going to behave" when D'arcy starts making fun of P. Diddy
-Billy making a joke about James and D'arcy having sex in the past, and then looking hurt when they make fun of him for being bald.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:27 PM   #41
vajohna
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramdust View Post
I like it
Yep. Like the Flemion Pug remix, it's nice to hear Billy's vocals in this era.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:41 PM   #42
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

GD billy looks so young in that video

Old 08-29-2014, 02:41 AM   #43
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

Artist's rendering of Crestfallen camp when news of this leak broke:

https://31.media.tumblr.com/e830aca9...3mbro1_500.gif

A beautiful brown disc moving as if like sweet chocolate.

#ReachAroundNewsNetwork

Old 08-29-2014, 03:13 AM   #44
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

hahahah this is pretty silly

Old 08-29-2014, 03:22 AM   #45
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

camp crestfalen is crying VERY MUCH
cash rewards!

Old 08-29-2014, 03:23 AM   #46
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
There are a few videos I can think of off the top of my head that pretty much encapsulate why Smashing Pumpkins, in its original incarnation, was bound to break up. One is that video from 2000 where Billy is making fun of James for being sick. The other is that MuchMusic video. It has every conceivable awkward moment.

-In the unedited version, Billy snapping at that kid who asks about Jimmy Chamberlin (I WON'T ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT COURTNEY LOVE, MARILYN MANSON, OR JIMMY CHAMBERLIN!)
-James sitting completely silent and staring into space. On the occasion he does respond, he gives a three word answer or is interrupted by Billy.
-D'arcy giving Billy shit every step of the way, and Billy saying "are you going to behave" when D'arcy starts making fun of P. Diddy
-Billy making a joke about James and D'arcy having sex in the past, and then looking hurt when they make fun of him for being bald.
usually i make fun of people for speculating but yeah, this is pretty much THE END these people actually hate each other, or at least two of them hate a rampaging mentally ill person who's ego has climbed the empire state building and is now swatting at birplanes

Old 08-29-2014, 03:55 AM   #47
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

"Why did you let Puff Daddy remix Ava Adore and Perfect?"
>>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWwG...tu.be&t=26m29s

Last edited by amoergosum : 08-29-2014 at 04:01 AM.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:07 AM   #48
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

That was alright, I wouldn't skip it and I think the change in chord progression is neat. It's just a bit too busy and overwrought. Pleased to have it on the set, finally.

But of all the Adores songs, the original Ava Adore hasn't aged that well.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:14 AM   #49
panda show
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
it's funny that right after that question billy explained how important james and d'arcy were to the music of the band

15 years later he has contradicted that statement about a hundred times and then approved it again a hundred times after realizing he was right in the first place

Old 08-29-2014, 04:15 AM   #50
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Hmmm I like how he created an entirely different chord progression underneath the lead melodies. Very clever Puffy.

But yet it sounds really cheesy and dated. I'm sure I would have loathed it when I was 18. Now it's just kinda silly.
My exact thoughts. It is quite impressive that the vocal track is virtually untouched yet the whole song is in a minor key instead of the original major key.

But yeah, it's extremely dated, especially the freaking DJ scratching.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:29 AM   #51
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Sook-Yin Lee: WE HAVE A QUESTION FROM THE AUDIENCE. IRWIN,

HI. SINCE THE DEPARTURE OF JIMMY, WHAT IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM NOW?

Billy: FIRST, YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHO JIMMY IS BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW THAT NAME...

JIMMY, THE EX-DRUMMER.

Billy: DOESN'T RING A BELL. ANY MORE QUESTIONS FROM THE AUDIENCE?

Sook-Yin Lee: SO YOU'RE NOT GOING TO TOUCH THAT ONE? YOU'RE AVOIDING IT.

Billy: DON'T ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT COURTNEY LOVE, JIMMY CHAMBERLIN OR MARILYN MANSON, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

---

Sook-Yin Lee: SO I UNDERSTAND YOU TAME HORSES ON YOUR FARM. I WONDER, DOES THAT EVER COME IN HANDY IN DEALING WITH YOUR BANDMATES, THAT SKILL OF TAMING HORSES?

James: THE HORSE/BASS WHISPERER.

Billy: IF WE'RE TALKING ABOUT WHEN SHE USED TO RIDE JAMES?

D'Arcy: YES, I DID, BUT I DON'T WANT TO GO THERE.

Sook-Yin Lee: OH, TRASHY!

Billy: SHE WOULD JUST GRAB A MANE OF HAIR AND GO.

D'Arcy: YEAH! YEAH! WHO'S MISSING ALL THEIR HAIR? NOT JAMES!

Sook-Yin Lee: OH! WHAT IS THIS, "JERRY SPRINGER" ALL OF A SUDDEN?

Billy: CAN WE STOP TAPING AND ROLL IT BACK FIVE MINUTES TO THE START AGAIN?

---

Sook-Yin Lee: THIS FELLOW RIGHT HERE HAS A QUESTION. FROM OTTAWA, TREMENDOUS FAN... I WAS WONDERING TO WHAT EXTENT THE NON-MUSICAL DYNAMICS WITHIN THE BAND AFFECT THE MUSIC?

Billy: THAT'S A VERY ASTUTE QUESTION. I THINK THAT'S ONE OF THE MOST MISUNDERSTOOD THINGS ABOUT THE PUMPKINS IS THAT IT IS THE INNER DYNAMIC THAT WE HAVE THAT MAKES OUR MUSIC VERY POIGNANT TO US. AND PEOPLE GET CAUGHT UP IN LIKE "I DID THIS. THEY DID THAT." IT'S NEVER BEEN LIKE THAT WAY FOR US. IT REALLY IS THE CHEMISTRY BETWEEN US. THE OTHER DAY I WAS DOING AN INTERVIEW AND THE GUY ASKED ME "WHY IS IT IMPORTANT FOR JAMES AND D'ARCY TO STILL BE IN THE BAND?" AND I SAID, "WELL, EVERY SONG THAT I'VE EVER WRITTEN THAT MEANS ANYTHING TO ME, JAMES AND D'ARCY WERE IN THE ROOM." SO WHATEVER THAT CHEMISTRY IS, WHATEVER DYNAMIC WE HAVE, IT'S A MAGICAL THING, AND AT THIS POINT, WE DON'T EVEN QUESTION IT. I FEEL VERY STRONGLY THAT D'ARCY REALLY IS THE MORAL CONSCIENCE OF THE BAND; I MEAN, D'ARCY IS THE STRONGEST PERSON IN THE BAND. AND JAMES IS PROBABLY THE MOST SENSIBLE, SO BETWEEN THE THREE OF US... AND I'M THE ONE OVER THERE. IN BETWEEN THE TWO OF THEM... THERE'S A POLAR AXIS THAT GOES ON THAT LEVELS ME OUT AND I THINK PULLS THEM IN AND OUT. SO IT'S PRETTY AMAZING.

James: YOU'VE GOT IT ALL WRONG! (Laughing)

---

Sook-Yin Lee: "GUITAR WORLD" BROUGHT TO YOU BY... WE HAVE AN E-MAIL QUESTION HERE... LET'S TAKE A LOOK AT THE MONITOR.

D'Arcy: GOOD QUESTION!

Billy: ARE YOU GOING TO BE ON YOUR BEST BEHAVIOUR HERE?

D'Arcy: I WON'T SAY ANOTHER WORD.

Billy: THANK YOU. I THINK HE'S A BRILLIANT GUY. I KNOW HIM A LITTLE BIT PERSONALLY. IT'S ONE OF THOSE THINGS WHERE YOU MEET THE PERSON AND YOU END UP WITH A DIFFERENT OPINION OF THE PERSON THAN MAYBE WHAT YOU WOULD GET FROM JUST WHAT YOU HEAR AND WHAT YOU SEE ON TV.

D'Arcy: YOU MEAN JUST LISTENING TO THE MUSIC HE WRITES?

Billy: YEAH, I MEAN HIS STYLE OF MUSIC IS NOT NECESSARILY THE KIND OF MUSIC WE LISTEN TO, BUT I RESPECT WHAT HE'S DOING MUSICALLY. IT'S THE KIND OF THING WHEN YOU MEET SOMEONE PERSONALLY, YOU GET A WHOLE OTHER PERSPECTIVE OF THEM. AND I FEEL LIKE I HAVE THAT PERSPECTIVE OF HIM, SO I HAVE THE CONFIDENCE IN HIM TO REMIX A COUPLE OF OUR SONGS. AND I'M TELLING YOU -- WE'RE NOT GOING TO PUT IT OUT ANYTIME SOON, BUT WHEN YOU ULTIMATELY HEAR THE "AVA ADORE" REMIX THAT HE DID, IT'S SO UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL AND SO GREAT... IT WILL PROVE ALL THE DOUBTERS OUT THERE WRONG ABOUT HIM. HE REALLY, REALLY IS A REALLY TALENTED PERSON. AND I TOTALLY STAND BEHIND A DECISION LIKE THAT. BECAUSE WHAT PEOPLE HAVE TO UNDERSTAND, HE'S A MUSICIAN; WE'RE A MUSICIAN. AND ULTIMATELY, ON SOME LEVEL, YOU KNOW -- I'M NOT SAYING IT'S A RACIST THING, BUT AT SOME LEVEL PEOPLE START TO QUESTION IT BECAUSE THE WORLDS ARE SO FAR APART SOMETIMES. AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, I WOULD RATHER REACH ACROSS TO THE OTHER WORLD AND MAKE THOSE CONNECTIONS BECAUSE PEOPLE GENERALLY DON'T MAKE THOSE KINDS OF CONNECTIONS. HOWEVER ANYBODY WANTS TO SEE IT... I THINK HE'S A GREAT MUSICIAN. AND I'M NOT GOING TO BE AFRAID BECAUSE MY WHITE AUDIENCE MIGHT GET MAD ABOUT US USING SOMEONE THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND. I JUST THINK IT GETS INTO THAT TERRITORY, AND I JUST THINK HE'S A GREAT MUSICIAN.

---

Sook-Yin Lee: YEAH. AND HOW DO YOU MAINTAIN YOUR CREDIBILITY?

Billy: WELL, WE'RE STILL LOOKING FOR OUR LADY PEACE'S PHONE NUMBER.

Crowd: OHHHH! [*hahahaha*]

Sook-Yin Lee: WHOA!

Billy: WE HAVEN'T GOT IT YET, BUT WE'RE GOING TO CALL THEM UP AND MAKE FRIENDS WITH THEM, TELL THEM THANKS A LOT FOR KEEPING OUR OLD MUSIC ALIVE. WHAT ELSE, JAMES?

James: WELL, WE LIKE PUFF DADDY. HE ACTUALLY DID A REMIX FOR US.

D'Arcy: SPEAK FOR YOURSELF, MAN.

James: THAT'S HOW WE'RE STAYING CURRENT. WE HAVE OUR EAR TO THE STREET.

Sook-Yin Lee: YOU JUST DECIDED UPON HIM 'CAUSE YOU LOVE HIS WORK?

James: THAT WOULD BE A BILLY DECISION. THE DICTATOR, YEAH. FORCED IT ON US.

Last edited by amoergosum : 08-29-2014 at 04:40 AM.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:15 AM   #52
Shallowed
Braindead

Whenever Billy says something regarding race, it always has to be kind of misconstrued

https://ia601701.us.archive.org/10/i...4-04-17t09.mp3

Old 08-29-2014, 11:07 AM   #53
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

the band always had that sarcastic mentality dealing with each other. I think they just matured and were outright blatant with their feelings as they got older. that being said, all i see is darcy's eye rolls from that interview (when asked about puffy) when i listen to this remix.
dont know what puffy was going after. i t hink this was around the time he redid the led zeppelin song too, which wasnt that bad. the godzilla OST. this is awful compared.
and i wonder if SP camp authorized this release/tease. this song and lmgtwty were imo the big secrets on the adore reissue that most people wanted to hear. now both are out, and the opinions have been less than stellar.

there goes the #1 album on the charts again!

Old 08-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #54
F.Delacroix
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
birplanes

birrrrr.................................................. ...............................................birrrrr

Old 08-30-2014, 12:28 AM   #55
vajohna
Ownz

God help you, I hope that the Puffy Ava Adore remix is not something you were waiting to hear.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:41 AM   #56
alberto
Pledge

Here is a direct rip, you nincompoops (sounds way better than the webrip)

http://www.albert0.nl/AvAdorePuffy.mp3

And it's a great remix.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:39 AM   #57
O'Doyle Rules
Demi-God

I love how all his "white suburban" fans disregarded his P.Diddy remix because his white fans can't accept it; yet that is the largest demograph of rap/hip-hop music. Perhaps a turd, is just a turd.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:43 AM   #58
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

i dare you to make less sense

Old 09-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #59
Tootles
Demi-God

I am a white suburban fan and I like it.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #60
Bread Regal
Banned

This is so terrible. Unlistenable amateur shit.