Judith Barsi
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Judith Barsi

Birth name Judith Eva Barsi
Born June 6, 1978
Los Angeles, California, United States
Died July 25, 1988 (aged 10)
Canoga Park, California, United States
Judith Eva Barsi (June 6, 1978 – July 25, 1988) was an American child actress of Hungarian descent. Barsi's trademark was playing characters much younger than herself due to her unusually small stature. On July 25th, 1988, she was murdered by her father, Jozsef Barsi, along with her mother Maria Barsi.

Contents [hide]
1 Early life
2 Murder
3 Filmography
4 =TV appearances
5 External links

[edit] Early life
Judith Barsi was the daughter of Hungarian immigrants Jozsef Barsi and Maria Barsi née Benko, who had both fled the 1956 Soviet occupation of Hungary and then emigrated to Los Angeles, California shortly before the birth of their daughter. Her mother dreamt of her becoming an actress, as she once made an effort to do so for herself. When Judith was five years old, she was "discovered" at a skating rink. Looking younger than she was, she was mistaken for a three-year-old. She went on to appear in over 70 commercials and soon appeared in films. Later in her life, Barsi had growth hormone injections to encourage her growth.

As Barsi became more famous, her father Jozsef, an alcoholic and unemployed plumber, became increasingly abusive and paranoid. He would mentally abuse Barsi and once held a knife to her throat while threatening to kill her, because he was convinced that his wife and daughter would leave for a photo shoot or movie shoot and never come back. Barsi was taken to a child psychologist after breaking down in front of her agent, the psychologist identified severe mental, physical and emotional abuse, and reported her findings to the authorities. Jozsef would often stay home drunk and refused to let Maria work. The family was on welfare for a brief period until Judith's career started taking off in around 1986. By the time she entered fourth grade, she was earning an estimated $100,000 a year which helped her buy the family a three-bedroom house in West Hills, California. Jozsef suffered from paranoia and had their house surrounded by a high-fence which could only be opened from inside the house.

[edit] Murder
Jozsef continued to remain a recluse and threatened to kill his wife and daughter hundreds of times. Child Protective Services was called numerous times, but as Maria was reluctant to press any charges, the case was never followed up. Maria rented an apartment for her daughter and herself as a daytime safe haven away from her father. On July 25, 1988 when The Land Before Time neared completion and All Dogs Go to Heaven was still in production, the bodies of both Judith and Maria Barsi were discovered by fire fighters responding to a fire at their address; a neighbor called the fire department after seeing flames on July 27. The date of the murder has never been determined; the police have said that Jozsef may have killed his wife and child on July 25 or July 26. It is believed that after realizing that Maria was planning to leave him, Jozsef entered Judith's second-floor bedroom and shot her in the head; he then shot Maria in the same fashion as she ran down the corridor toward her daughter's room. He then drenched the bodies in gasoline and set the house on fire before shooting himself in the garage.

Barsi and her mother were buried in an unmarked grave at the Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills Cemetery in Los Angeles. In June 2004, a fund was set up to get headstones for their graves. Judith's marker was placed on August 23, 2004 while one for her mother was placed on January 28, 2005. Future donations will go toward donating Beanie Babies to hospitalized children. Judith's marker reads "Our Concrete Angel - Yep Yep Yep" in reference to a popular song and her character Ducky's catchphrase from The Land Before Time. Her mother's marker reads "The wind beneath JEB's (Judith's initials) wings - Yep Yep Yep".

[edit] Filmography
Fatal Vision (1984) (TV)
There Were Times, Dear (1985) (TV)
Do You Remember Love (1985) (TV)
Kids Don't Tell (1985) (TV)
Eye of the Tiger (1986)
Slam Dance (1987)
Jaws: The Revenge (1987)
Death of the Silence (1987)
A Family Again (1988) (TV)
The Land Before Time (1988) (voice)
All Dogs Go to Heaven (1989) (voice)

Old 12-02-2007, 01:45 AM   #4
exactlythesame
Minion of Satan

Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

1988? holy frick, i didn't know that movie was older than me

Old 12-02-2007, 01:46 AM   #5
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/7...onecarert6.jpg

Old 12-02-2007, 02:00 AM   #6
yoshinobu's revenge
Apocalyptic Poster

i'm tired. now, no one care. end of thread.