Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #271
jeff from above
Amish Rake Fighter

see im a saviour as well it was just an excuse to slap you lapis i was debating weather to follow you out the security asked if i wanted to youll be glad to know the fat women didnt get your space a really great guy did plus brussells was off the fucking hook last night best show of the tour so far exactly the same set but billy was loving it united states jam got even more extream and im pretty sure he like my knew jeff shirt behld the jeff i know jeff liked it i think he was shocked to se me there again gio says hi

Old 02-20-2008, 03:39 PM   #272
warby
Amish Rake Fighter

Default Bit late I Know

Finally posted some pix from the O2.

http://www.team-skinny-racing.com/

Cheers
Warby

Old 02-20-2008, 08:54 PM   #273
valvolux
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis View Post
Yes, I fainted during Daydream. There was a large woman behind me the whole show who used her body and her bag to push me tight against the rail making it difficult to breathe. I think by Daydream I had been too long without oxygen. I had to sit with the medics during the end of the show. Right before I fainted I turned to Jeff from Above and said "I'm going to pass out..." He says he didn't hear me but that I slumped over right after that. He says he slapped me in the face a few times without response and then he lifted me over the rail and security grabbed me, at which point I came to and walked out to the medic on my own.

It was actually kind of fun. That version of Daydream is so damn spacey it was cool to pass out to it... lol!
You are lucky u werent at the berlin gig last year....fuck it was soo hot and humid that day and those germans were even moshing to that crazy cricus theme they had before they came on....and the band came on an hour late....there were people dropping like flies everywhere before a song had even been played! you didnt miss much after daydream.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:59 AM   #274
Zenith
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingy View Post
Can someone upload the torrent somewhere else, that site won't let me sign up because its membership is maxed out or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porceliamone View Post
Exactly the same for me. Please someone be wonderful and put it somewhere where we can all actually get it! It would be very much appreciated. LMA sounds fab if you could please.
For those without Dime accounts: http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=21715

Old 02-21-2008, 08:16 AM   #275
mojo
Ownz

Review of 02 show from the Times:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle3391106.ece

The last of the grunge goliaths, Smashing Pumpkins finished off the somewhat troubled British leg of their comeback tour with a titanic display of force and finesse.

Earlier in the week an undersold show at Nottingham Arena was abruptly curtailed when the band left the stage without explanation after completing just two-thirds of their set. In London however, where the O2 Arena was full to its 20,000 capacity, the group performed for a solid two-and-a- half hours, at such sustained extremes of volume and intensity that the effect was by turns euphoric and draining.

Having broken up the original Pumpkins in 2000, the singer, guitarist and songwriter Billy Corgan has, since 2006, been leading an artfully reconstituted version of the group. Only the drummer, Jimmy Chamberlin, remains from previous incarnations, but the new members - the guitarist Jeff Schroeder and the bass player Ginger Reyes - looked and sounded like doppelgängers of the members they have replaced (the new keyboard player, like her predecessors, was irrelevant to the great majority of the songs performed).

They came on like a troupe of circus performers, the tiny Reyes strapping on her bass over a red tutu, while the 6ft 3in Corgan, bald head glowing like a full moon, towered beside her like a vampiric stilt-walker in a layered, gold, ankle-length skirt.

The show began with Porcelina of the Vast Oceans, a song even more majestic and expansive than its title suggests. The musicians sailed through gently drifting guitar arpeggios and into mountainous seas of power chords and crashing waves of percussion. Ramping up the assault with a barrage of white strobe lighting, they travelled deep into the metal zone with Superchrist, a high-velocity showcase for Chamberlin, who seems to have turned into the new Keith Moon, before romping into the insanely catchy riff and chorus of (Come On) Let's Go! from their current album Zeitgeist.

There were moments of comparative tenderness, notably when Corgan sang their biggest hit, 1979, accompanied only by his own acoustic guitar. But for most of this very long show, they were so hardcore that it hurt. Ending with United States, Corgan bellowed his demand for a revolution amid a cacophony of howling feedback and battered toms.

Still smashing, in all senses.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #276
Kahlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by warby View Post

Cheers
Warby
not bad ...lots of stuff on your site as well which is interesting

shame you like Hearts

Old 02-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #277
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Lightbulb

Quote:

Cheers
Warby
i read "The Samshing Pumpkins" and "Smashing Pumkins" on your website. and it also says february 19 instead of february 16 somewhere.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #278
Porceliamone
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Thank you so very much.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:44 AM   #279
Porceliamone
Demi-God

Oh sweet moses this is a great recording! My sincere thanks to the Zenith for going to the trouble of taping the show, terrific work and thanks to Deadmarsh for uploading on the Zomb. Absolutely fucking awesome!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:14 PM   #280
markpregen
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Cheers
Warby
Gotta love the setlist spoiler monitor

http://www.team-skinny-racing.com/sp...IMG_5604-1.jpg

Old 02-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #281
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

LMA please.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:41 PM   #282
brothergoddard
Amish Rake Fighter

call the shots was a highlight but seriously today followed by tarantula was incredible

Old 04-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #283
WiseOldTabbyCat
Amish Rake Fighter

I met Billy in the morning at the Zavvi signing of his new EP. I think it definately made the whole SP day experiance a lot better than it could have been.

I personally thought the set list could have been much better. It was a pretty mediocre gig. The band played well, with some excellant guitar work from Billy, and songs such as Tonight, Tonight and Today blew the roof off. But to face the music, the ambience was crap, with half the crowd disappearing for the best half of the setlist. I found myself sitting alone for half the gig, as my neighbours had dashed off to the bar to grab pint after pint after pint. Getting drunk to them made the experiance more enjoyable.

I was thoroughly disappointed. Maybe it would have been better if I stood? I can't say. From what I saw, the gig was worth the 2 out of 5 stars Kerrang gave it. If I were to see them again, I think I would wait for if they went to a smaller venue.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:40 PM   #284
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseOldTabbyCat View Post
Getting drunk to them made the experiance more enjoyable.
well of course!

Old 04-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #285
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

i miss all the cool things

yeah, my train broke down coming from scotland and i missed the show. sucks.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #286
Cool As Ice Cream