Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2018, 04:30 AM   #61
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Ha!...crazy...probably one of the best tribute bands out there.

>>>

That's not the Nirvana UK I know

Old 03-17-2018, 04:42 AM   #62
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

...check out the crowd...LOL:

Old 03-17-2018, 04:44 AM   #63
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
That's not the Nirvana UK I know

https://media.giphy.com/media/kmoqyJci0zRNC/source.gif

Old 03-17-2018, 04:53 AM   #64
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

A Smashing Pumpkins cover band before the real Smashing Pumpkins would be cool.

With a surprise appearance of the real D'arcy Wretzky at the supporting act...

Old 03-17-2018, 05:38 PM   #65
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i'm not partaking at Sad Machines. they appear to know who i am and of course won't approve me. but i just want to see the spectacle anyway

i think it's stupid to pay 1000 to see SP but it's 2018, billy is 51 years old, and they're playing an oldies nostalgia tour. it's really not a big deal to not have a pit imo
Yeah, the lame thing is that very few of the hardcore fans will actually pony up for those prices... The people who buy those types of tickets are the corporate business guys who are out schmoozing with clientele, suits who wanna relive a little bit of their college years for a night...Meanwhile the real fans are stuck up in the rafters having to watch the video screens the whole time in order to even clearly see the band members... It makes for a shitty environment. The exact same thing happens at sports games. If you watch a Montreal Canadiens or Toronto Maple Leafs game, the guys in the front rows are all business guys in suits and shit... Not the die-hards.

As much as we bag on Billy, I just didn't expect him to role out a tour like this. I thought he'd be cognizant to wanna do it tastefully, especially if he was gonna renege on his word and do an oldies tour. I guess the man has no shame.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:02 PM   #66
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

there are many things billco is not cognizant of

Old 03-17-2018, 06:41 PM   #67
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
...especially if he was gonna renege on his word... I guess the man has no shame.
kinda like you and the rap battle?

Old 03-17-2018, 08:43 PM   #68
fuzzyroes
Banned

Well I actually had shit worked out, and a friend here sent me some beats, and as I was working on it with not much left to do, I turn on my computer a couple days later to get the blue screen of death... Tried to fix it, and the computer was right fucked... Everything I'd usually do didn't work... Nothing but the blue screen of death...

I don't know what the deal was, but I needed a new computer anyways, and couldn't justify fixing a piece of crap. So with my tax return I stumbled along out to the mall and bought a new computer. I hadn't had any problems with my computer for like 5 years, and hadn't been doing anything out of the norm... It's funny with my new set-up, there's big warnings whenever I log into Netphoria.

I definitely didn't wanna splurge and spend a bunch of money with my summer vaycay coming up, but I didn't have a choice.

I know people are gonna think I'm full of shit, but I'll take a pick of my flashy new comp tomorrow to verify

Old 03-17-2018, 08:50 PM   #69
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Well I actually had shit worked out, and a friend here sent me some beats, and as I was working on it with not much left to do, I turn on my computer a couple days later to get the blue screen of death... Tried to fix it, and the computer was right fucked... Everything I'd usually do didn't work... Nothing but the blue screen of death...

I don't know what the deal was, but I needed a new computer anyways, and couldn't justify fixing a piece of crap. So with my tax return I stumbled along out to the mall and bought a new computer. I hadn't had any problems with my computer for like 5 years, and hadn't been doing anything out of the norm... It's funny with my new set-up, there's big warnings whenever I log into Netphoria.

I definitely didn't wanna splurge and spend a bunch of money with my summer vaycay coming up, but I didn't have a choice.

I know people are gonna think I'm full of shit, but I'll take a pick of my flashy new comp tomorrow to verify
by a show of hands, who believes this story

Old 03-17-2018, 09:22 PM   #70
fuzzyroes
Banned

This is just last Thursday... It's no excuse for the original cowardness, but I was opening files from strangers for beats and shit and then a week later my computer is toast. I'm not posting any accusations, but fuck, it sucks when everyone doubts me when I'm telling the truth

Old 03-17-2018, 09:24 PM   #71
fuzzyroes
Banned

If you guys could think back to Thursday, Friday, and Saturday day and evening... There was no Fuzzy... That wasn't an accident.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:30 PM   #72
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
by a show of hands, who believes this story
I do, it just has nothing to do with the fact that he went back on his word before that already.

Which is okay, honestly, I did say I would do stuff and then backed out of it occasionally, had to, it happens, there is no point in doing something when it feels like pulling teeth (fuzzy's words) and you get nothing out of it but misery.

it's not like fuzzy became famous and then ridiculed his peers in the same league for doing x for years, then turned around to do x himself.

however, it is pretty funny that going back on his word would upset you, fuzzy. some just do it more often than others, which is basically building the foundation that nobody in their right mind would buy what they publicly say, and Corgan accomplished pretty much that.

difference being fuzzy apparently knows shame, since he insists on "putting context" to it, while Corgan has abandoned shame or integrity a long time ago.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:36 PM   #73
fuzzyroes
Banned

Well, the original track I was working on wasn't that cool anyways, so I didn't really care. But the computer did bite the dust... I swear to god. It was a hassle and I was gonna go the 2nd-hand route and order in a refurbished PC, but the March-Madness tournament started in a couple of days and I had to have a set up for that... I still haven't even installed recording software or anything on my new one.

On my electric drum kit I do have this hip-hop preset, and I was gonna go that route before getting in touch with a friend here that had some cool ideas, but I think I might just scrap that shit now and do it totally OG... I did love the guys ideas, but I think more people would appreciate it if it was totally organic. So I'm gonna get the software and shit, and when I post the rap it'll be a surprise, but my "excuses" have all been sincere... I'm literally just gonna record the drums with a digital recorder, and then upload it for the raps and overdubs.

I don't expect anyone to believe me, but really, I am telling the truth.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:39 PM   #74
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I forgot you have your rep turned off - get some sunlight fuzzy, for what it's worth I think that is several priority levels higher than playing a netpho game.

and ffs, get a proper firewall, virus software and Adblocker, because you should not be seeing any warnings when you come to netpho. as long as you do, you lack some installations.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:41 PM   #75
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
I do, it just has nothing to do with the fact that he went back on his word before that already.

Which is okay, honestly, I did say I would do stuff and then backed out of it occasionally, had to, it happens, there is no point in doing something when it feels like pulling teeth (fuzzy's words) and you get nothing out of it but misery.

it's not like fuzzy became famous and then ridiculed his peers in the same league for doing x for years, then turned around to do x himself.

however, it is pretty funny that going back on his word would upset you, fuzzy. some just do it more often than others, which is basically building the foundation that nobody in their right mind would buy what they publicly say, and Corgan accomplished pretty much that.

difference being fuzzy apparently knows shame, since he insists on "putting context" to it, while Corgan has abandoned shame or integrity a long time ago.
Thanks for the empathy Pave . I know we've butted heads before, but I think we're similar folk... At least in our fandom... I know I've acted like a dick here, but I always make sure to be truthful.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:43 PM   #76
pavementtune

I blame insomnia, I'll make sure to show zero empathy again once I slept. you have my word

Old 03-17-2018, 10:09 PM   #77
fuzzyroes
Banned

Well, you guys are out of luck, I popped in some dollar store baterries into the old camera, took a pic, plugged in the cord, and this stupid new computer wont recognize the camera and keeps disallowing the upload... I even threw in my new MCIS shirt to act as a background for the guy who wanted to see a pic... Fucking computers

Old 03-17-2018, 10:10 PM   #78
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
I blame insomnia, I'll make sure to show zero empathy again once I slept. you have my word
why can't we just be friends?

Old 03-17-2018, 10:11 PM   #79
fuzzyroes
Banned

I took like 25 minutes of monkeying around just to prove myself to Netphoria... and to no avail.