Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 12-13-2014, 04:37 AM   #1
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Default Billy Corgan: We Are Past The Tipping Point • new interview • Alex Jones

>>>

Old 12-13-2014, 04:39 AM   #2
null123
Minion of Satan

excellent

Old 12-13-2014, 04:41 AM   #3
ButtHash
Demi-God

"Monuments to an ellgy......elegy....whatever that means"

Old 12-13-2014, 04:44 AM   #4
fuzzyroes
Banned

Bills just lookin to sell some records. Billy knows that AJ's fanbase is huge and knows that they're all supportive of his guests.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:02 AM   #5
fuzzyroes
Banned

that's so embarrassing how Alex is hawking vitamin b vitamins now

Old 12-13-2014, 05:12 AM   #6
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old 12-13-2014, 05:21 AM   #7
Order 66
Socialphobic

much victim so breaking paradigm wow

Old 12-13-2014, 05:26 AM   #8
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster

So Bill and Alex are bros

I wonder how much time they spend together

Old 12-13-2014, 05:29 AM   #9
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Why is this guy constantly screaming at me

Old 12-13-2014, 05:30 AM   #10
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

SHMASHING PUMPKINSH NEXUSH DOT COMSH

Old 12-13-2014, 06:12 AM   #11
fuzzyroes
Banned

I like Alex Jones, he's actually a very intelligent guy when you get past his abrasive exterior.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:13 AM   #12
fuzzyroes
Banned

I'm actually proud of Billy for speaking up and getting involved with his shows.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:13 AM   #13
fuzzyroes
Banned

Corgan just don't give a fuck

Old 12-13-2014, 06:57 AM   #14
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

well this is where we're at, people

Old 12-13-2014, 06:57 AM   #15
Trotskilicious
Banned

19k in the first week and alex jones guest spots

Old 12-13-2014, 06:57 AM   #16
Trotskilicious
Banned

i think it's safe to say this is over

Old 12-13-2014, 07:54 AM   #17
lucid_interval
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I like Alex Jones, he's actually a very intelligent guy when you get past his abrasive exterior.
lol

Intelligent in the way he's able to make a lot of money out of the gullible and the stupid, I do salute him for that.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:59 AM   #18
fuzzyroes
Banned

yeah, he unequivocally does that... But I think he's on the money about a lot of the stuff he talks about... Yeah... Some of it's off the rail... But his overall message is pretty bang on.

Old 12-13-2014, 10:39 AM   #19
Starla

Billy is gaining a little popularity among the conservative base.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:00 AM   #20
Starla

@14:08 ish, is he really blaming the "globalists" or "illuminati" for whatever issues he's had with his career? He says something about someone trying to kill him. wtf is he talking about. Someone please translate conspiracy nut for me.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #21
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

TOC to thread!

Old 12-13-2014, 12:07 PM   #22
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

billy looked for a reason besides he is easy to make fun of and boom.

Last edited by juliana : 12-13-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Old 12-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #23
lemonscure
Pledge

00:17 "the new album that I just got in and can't wait to listen to the whole thing" 07:58 "we're gonna get into your new album, that I do think is one of your best in a long time"
So, Alex didn't listen "to the whole thing", yet claims that the album is one of the Corgan's best in a long time.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #24
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belteshazzar View Post
why do you call people stupid for disagreeing with you? I disagree with Alex Jones on a number of things, but I don't know the dude and he's intelligent enough to be an influential national figure, which is a lot more than any of you can say for yourselves.

I think infowars is a little off the deep end on some stuff, but I appreciate anyone trying to serve as an alternative viewpoint to the mass media b.s. machine and isn't afraid to be controversial.
He's a businessman. His business is promoting and perpetuating fear. He's not stupid at all, because he knows how to reach his target audience, which is mostly made up of the far right conservative who believes in much of what he says, and leaves little room for self discernment. For many years, Alex has latched on to the latest of whatever "doom" is taking place and finds a way to profit from it. When H1N1 first came on to the scene, he told everyone that it wasn't real, and not to worry. Later, he used H1N1 to profit off of his audience by selling a vitamin drink that had colloidal silver in it, and told everyone to drink that, so they wouldn't get H1N1.

With Fukushima, he tells everyone that we are being radiated to death, and to buy nascent iodine from his website. It's called Survival Shield, brought to you by Infowars. http://store.infowars.com/Survival-S...-2_p_1322.html.

It's no secret that I think alternative medicine can be useful, but Alex is just a pos who capitalizes on fear hyped up with a lot of twisted lies, constantly telling people "The globalists are coming for you. They're coming for your guns. They're coming... and they're going to haul you to the fema camp!". He takes a lot of news stories and puts his spin on them, and muddles it with his conspiracy view. I'm not saying that the main stream media is 100% truthful, and that I believe all that I hear, but seriously.... in Alex's world, there's no form of balance or sensibility. I often wonder if he really believes in the shit he says.

After Sandy Hook, he released t shirts on his site saying "Molon Labe" and stirred up the gun activists by preaching on about how government is coming for the guns. It was in bad taste and bad form.

What else... ? He tells his listeners not to vaccinate their children, because it's all poisons and there could be chips in them, and that the globalists want to chip you and your children. So now, we have a resurgence of whooping cough, measles and other diseases that have not been so much of a problem.. but now with people like Jones telling everyone not to vaccinate their kids, we are seeing them getting diseases again.

These are just a few examples out of many of the things he does..... and I'm disappointed that Billy buys into some of this. I think conspiracy theories are interesting, and entertaining.... I think some things are worth a thought and others are just beyond ridiculous and insane. There's a balance that needs to be struck.

I'm really surprised that Billy goes on his show.... especially with Jones ranting on and on about illegal immigrants and how they need to get shipped back. I find his views to be racist, even though he claims he's not racist by hiring black investigators to help with his shows.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #25
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Don't tell me though that you believe the official 9/11 story...

Old 12-13-2014, 05:51 PM   #26
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid_interval View Post
Intelligent in the way he's able to make a lot of money out of the gullible and the stupid, I do salute him for that.
It isn't even the gullible and the stupid- it is the mentally ill. Fuck Alex Jones and what he has turned into. He was an interesting person in Austin in the 90's but after seeing Glenn Beck make millions off of his character he's become a turd.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #27
pumpkinfan1988
Pledge

Media outlets aside, go to a quiet place free of distractions, take an 1/8th of hallucinogenic mushrooms and you will see whats wrong with the world. When the ego dissolves and the curtain is pulled away from the eyes you are fully enlightened.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:27 PM   #28
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
@14:08 ish, is he really blaming the "globalists" or "illuminati" for whatever issues he's had with his career? He says something about someone trying to kill him. wtf is he talking about. Someone please translate conspiracy nut for me.
jesus christ are you serious

i mean if this is what he thinks, his career is completely done and there really is no hope

Old 12-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #29
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro View Post
It isn't even the gullible and the stupid- it is the mentally ill. Fuck Alex Jones and what he has turned into. He was an interesting person in Austin in the 90's but after seeing Glenn Beck make millions off of his character he's become a turd.
it's kind of a allegory for this city, you know. used to be interesting and weird, now it's just smug, superficial and commercialized

Old 12-13-2014, 09:29 PM   #30
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belteshazzar View Post
why do you call people stupid for disagreeing with you? I disagree with Alex Jones on a number of things, but I don't know the dude and he's intelligent enough to be an influential national figure, which is a lot more than any of you can say for yourselves.

I think infowars is a little off the deep end on some stuff, but I appreciate anyone trying to serve as an alternative viewpoint to the mass media b.s. machine and isn't afraid to be controversial.
because he doesn't use facts, you fucking cretin. holy fuck are you brain damaged?