Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2002, 07:17 PM   #31
bittertrance

Sway

Old 02-14-2002, 07:19 PM   #32
undivinemartyr

Myself. : (

But look at it this way, Steve.
If all those people were eliminated from history, and they didn't do all the bad things they did, I'm sure someone else would have done them eventually. The way I see it, human beings learn from their mistakes, or other peoples' mistakes. And hopefully, history does not repeat itself.

With Hitler having had happened, we are more culturally sensitive and aware of prejudice and all these things. You think we would be as accepting of other cultures and races if he never happened? Maybe we will be, but who can really tell?

Old 02-14-2002, 07:26 PM   #33
Libby Gorgan

The problem with eliminating people like Stalin, Jesus, Hitler & other major historical figures is that you may wind up wiping yourself out too, because you don't know how history would have gone if they hadn't been around. My vote would go for someone who hasn't put much numbers up on the scoreboard of history, but are real annoying in the present. Just off the top of my head, Martha Stewart, Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jackson, Rosie O'Donnell, Madonna, and the fat dude that keeps creating boy bands come to mind.

Old 02-14-2002, 07:32 PM   #34
^Agony_Imp^

Quote:
Originally posted by Libby Gorgan:
The problem with eliminating people like Stalin, Jesus, Hitler & other major historical figures is that you may wind up wiping yourself out too, because you don't know how history would have gone if they hadn't been around. My vote would go for someone who hasn't put much numbers up on the scoreboard of history, but are real annoying in the present. Just off the top of my head, Martha Stewart, Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jackson, Rosie O'Donnell, Madonna, and the fat dude that keeps creating boy bands come to mind.
What the fuck kind of username is that?

Old 02-14-2002, 07:41 PM   #35
FearFactory

Talking

I've thought about this long and hard, and I've decided to eliminate Crippler so this thread would have never existed.

That, and he doesn't respond to his PMs.

------------------
http://raversaregay.homestead.com/files/USA.gif
I'm hotter than the crack you're cookin' up, heat up!

Old 02-14-2002, 08:29 PM   #36
The exploding boy

Red face

No one. havent you learned that you can't change past events? Because then it will change so many things. Eliminate a lot of people in the process surely, and the opposite too. Because by eliminating someone as important in history as hitler well you change the fate of millions of people for the better i guess, but maybe also for the worse.(i'm sure i kill hitler tommorrow and some of you will never exist, it runs as deep as that). Who knows what might have happenned without Hitler? The german were so hopeless and bitter towards the rest of the world in the 30's because of the unfair conditions of the versailles treaty and Hitler responded to that. But if someone like Hitler hadn't come as soon, maybe their frustration would have grown even more through the years, and maybe someone even more dangerous (yeah i know it's hard to fathom, but maybe not that much) would have gotten in power. And without Hitler nuclear physicians like Hans Bethe and James Franck, who contributed a lot to the making of the atomic bomb would have remained in their country (their were jewish) and possibly provided Germany with the perfect weapon to exact revenge on the world. Of course it's all extremely hypothetical , but what i'm saying is, we see hitler as something awful that happenned in the history of mankind, and it is without any doubt. But maybe we avoided worse...maybe not, but maybe. In the end, history is best left alone.

The only thing i'd do if i went back into the past would be to buy shares of companies like microsoft, IBM, Rogers communication and such.... http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/cool.gif

Old 02-14-2002, 08:33 PM   #37
bittertrance

Quote:
Originally posted by The exploding boy:
No one. havent you learned that you can't change past events? Because then it will change so many things. Eliminate a lot of people in the process surely, and the opposite too. Because by eliminating someone as important in history as hitler well you change the fate of millions of people for the better i guess, but maybe also for the worse.(i'm sure i kill hitler tommorrow and some of you will never exist, it runs as deep as that). Who knows what might have happenned without Hitler? The german were so hopeless and bitter towards the rest of the world in the 30's because of the unfair conditions of the versailles treaty and Hitler responded to that. But if someone like Hitler hadn't come as soon, maybe their frustration would have grown even more through the years, and maybe someone even more dangerous (yeah i know it's hard to fathom, but maybe not that much) would have gotten in power. And without Hitler nuclear physicians like Hans Bethe and James Franck, who contributed a lot to the making of the atomic bomb would have remained in their country (their were jewish) and possibly provided Germany with the perfect weapon to exact revenge on the world. Of course it's all extremely hypothetical , but what i'm saying is, we see hitler as something awful that happenned in the history of mankind, and it is without any doubt. But maybe we avoided worse...maybe not, but maybe. In the end, history is best left alone.

The only thing i'd do if i went back into the past would be to buy shares of companies like microsoft, IBM, Rogers communication and such.... http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/cool.gif
ok, now just admit the pixies are good!

Old 02-14-2002, 08:41 PM   #38
Stupid&Contagious

Quote:

But that's the point. Nobody here who's put any thought into their answer actually thinks that hitting the backspace key on
John Smith would accomplish what you want. But eleimnating Christ would make the world a very different place.

But there are a few not so old people among my friends or among my enemies whom it might be able to somewhat predict what they're lack of existence would do.
Imagine eliminating the person you most desperately wanted from history. How would you feel? What if you then forgot you did it? Or maybe the one she/he married was dating? What then?

Old 02-14-2002, 08:46 PM   #39
The Sacred and Profane

I wouldn't eliminate Bismarck simply for the fact that he started looking more into Domestic Concerns than anything.

If anything, I'd pick Kaiser Wilhelm II, the little fuck-up asked for trouble and most certainly caused it by gaining his sphere of influence, killing 10 Million people during WW1 and I'm thinking was the spark of the Second World War.

Old 02-14-2002, 10:40 PM   #40
killtheyouth

Thumbs down

whoever ends up marrying natalie portman

Old 02-14-2002, 10:46 PM   #41
strange_one

Quote:
Originally posted by Never_Nohen:

And I wish you'd change your font color. I always thing you're Rhonda.
sorry....I like this color though. rhonda's is darker anyway

------------------
http://www.lilli.clara.net/freesaver/thumbs/iron.jpg
Your Time Will Come

Old 02-14-2002, 10:50 PM   #42
nevermind

Thumbs down

prolly that goddamned imperial leader of japan during WWII, that is...*if* he was even aware of the bullshit his army was pulling off. damn rumors.

what a ****....ugh.

aint it lovely how the japanese soldiers would stab bayonettes into the stomaches of pregenant women? and throw newborn babies off of cliffs hundreds of feet high?
and how they marched POW's for up to a hundred or so miles non-stop thru the disease filled forests as one after another would drop like fleas, just to kill each and every single one of them when they arrived to their destination?
its pathetic how humans can be trained and programmed to be so heartless.

joy to the world! http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

------------------
fuck it.

aim - AnotherSpaceJam

Old 02-15-2002, 12:06 AM   #43
raindrops + sunshowers

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by killtheyouth:
whoever ends up marrying natalie portman

Old 02-15-2002, 12:08 AM   #44
Graveflower

Thumbs up

God

Old 02-15-2002, 12:15 AM   #45
Nate the Grate

Buckner...and Ulf too.

CAM WOULD HAVE LED US TO THE CUP!!! DAMN YOU ULF!!! DAMN THE WHALERS!!!

Old 02-15-2002, 12:47 AM   #46
The exploding boy

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by nevermind:
prolly that goddamned imperial leader of japan during WWII, that is...*if* he was even aware of the bullshit his army was pulling off. damn rumors.

what a ****....ugh.

aint it lovely how the japanese soldiers would stab bayonettes into the stomaches of pregenant women? and throw newborn babies off of cliffs hundreds of feet high?
and how they marched POW's for up to a hundred or so miles non-stop thru the disease filled forests as one after another would drop like fleas, just to kill each and every single one of them when they arrived to their destination?
its pathetic how humans can be trained and programmed to be so heartless.

joy to the world! http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

no, they just had a different culture........................................... ..

Old 02-15-2002, 12:48 AM   #47
Graveflower

Quote:
Wait, I forgot about this guy.

I withdraw my submission of 'God'.

Old 02-15-2002, 01:10 AM   #48
darkagency

Udo Dirkschnider....front man from the band Accept

Old 02-15-2002, 01:17 AM   #49
killtheyouth

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Graveflower:
Wait, I forgot about this guy.

I withdraw my submission of 'God'.
how about you just say "Robert Smith" to spite him and take away 50% of the music he listens to.

Old 02-15-2002, 01:23 AM   #50
Raskolnikov

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Mayfuck:
Jesus.
I'm extremely curious as to why you choose this answer... I guess you or Irrelevant could answer that.

Old 02-15-2002, 01:27 AM   #51
sean

as a matter of fact, i was thinking today in class how if given the oppertunity, the LAST person id kill would be Hitler. you know how different a world would be??? it's inconcievable. i cant even begin to think of the outcomes that came from the world war and technologies that came from it, not to justify the millions of deaths for the sake of science, but seriously, it changed a lot of things

Old 02-15-2002, 03:14 AM   #52
Calio6

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by So very sad about me:
I really dislike Charlie Sheen
And Saddam Hussein.....i think us fighting him back in 90 is a lot of what's fueled Bin Laden to come after us now....
People say I look like him!!!

Old 02-15-2002, 03:19 AM   #53
jupitergirl99

my father

------------------
and i think my spaceship knows which way to go...

Old 02-15-2002, 03:39 AM   #54
tear stained glass

John Lennon. But then I'd go back and take his place and write all his songs. Then I'd become a political leader in the 80's.

Old 02-15-2002, 06:13 AM   #55
nevermind

Quote:
no, they just had a different culture........................................... ..

lol! what an idiot.
go waste yourself into another video game, fool.

Old 02-15-2002, 06:14 AM   #56
Disarmed

Quote:
Originally posted by Calio6:
People say I look like him!!!
http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

Old 02-15-2002, 11:30 AM   #57
if there is a llama

Quote:
Originally posted by Libby Gorgan:
Also, lets say you eliminate someone like Hitler. World War I set up the chaos and political void that allowed Hitler to come to power. If you eliminate Hitler, who is to say that someone else wouldn't come to who was just as evil, but more efficient, more competant, less paranoid, etc...

David

Old 02-15-2002, 12:55 PM   #58
killtheyouth

Arrow

Hitler was the reason Germany lost World War 2, morons.

Old 02-15-2002, 02:07 PM   #59
Buggle

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Crippler:
Who would it be and why?

My pick is Joseph Stalin, because to put it bluntly, he fucked Russia, a country that today should be ten times stronger than it is given it's population, culture, and natural resources.

It's true, it's true.

never heared of the 5 year plans? Stalin dragged russia into modernisation, it was about a centuary behind the rest of the world before he took power.

Old 02-15-2002, 02:40 PM   #60
The exploding boy

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by nevermind:

lol! what an idiot.
go waste yourself into another video game, fool.

One would think trolls would be good at detecting sarcasm...THE JOKES ON YOU! LOLOLOLOL!