Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will you boycott the upcoming tour because of D'arcy?
Yes, I am staying home because of the D'arcy debacle/it's not a real reunion 29 27.10%
No, I still plan to attend the upcoming tour 53 49.53%
I was never planning on seeing the band on the upcoming tour 25 23.36%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2018, 04:48 PM   #61
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkstar View Post
honest question...for those who hate billy so much, why do you spend your energy on an internet forum about him?
I feel validated by posting in this community. He's literally had an abusive gaslighting relationship with his fans for over 20 years. its important to be able to call a bully a bully.

Old 02-15-2018, 04:51 PM   #62
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlock View Post
Well said. I feel the same, except that I can't support him anymore by going to gigs and buying his records. It helps that the quality dropped so much.
oh don't get me wrong, I don't pay, I haven't paid for a ticket since 2000. I get free tickets through work, and free album copies, too. I have not the slightest intention to finance the zuzustrustfund.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:02 PM   #63
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
I feel validated by posting in this community. He's literally had an abusive gaslighting relationship with his fans for over 20 years. its important to be able to call a bully a bully.
#metoo

Old 02-15-2018, 05:05 PM   #64
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
Honestly Netphoria is like group therapy for former fans.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:10 PM   #65
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess View Post
A relationship between fans and an artist might seem trite. But if you can't call your childhood rock star hero a narcissistic abuser, where does that leave a person for everyone else in their life?

So to answer the orginal posters question, there ya go. this does matter. And it does amount to more than "wasting all your energy being a hater lolz!!!"

Old 02-15-2018, 05:12 PM   #66
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Also, pale princess, I've noticed you sticking up for trans girls around these parts: thank you

Old 02-15-2018, 05:14 PM   #67
myosis
Minion of Satan

i'm glad we can finally let go of the b0lly moniker.
it's bUlly from now on!

Old 02-15-2018, 05:15 PM   #68
lucid_interval
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Rawk star, the bigger question is why do you, as a sad machines super fan, spend time in a forum that hates him?
I've only been back here about 5 hours and clearly need an update on who or what is sad machines, as i've seen him/her/it mentioned about 10 times!

The last time I was here was shortly after the christopher aaron wilson (c_wilson) double-whammy auction lunch and billys brother jesse fiasco.

Billy went crazy at him on facebook, has anyone got the screenshots from FB of that marvelous event?
I remember billy saying something along the lines of 'you will rue the day you ever meet me'

I can't find the auction lunch thread on c_wilson's profile. Has it gone? I think it got removed eventually. It's absolute gold
http://forums.netphoria.org/member.php?u=15168

MarquisInSpades pavementtune fill me in with what I've missed

Last edited by lucid_interval : 02-15-2018 at 05:22 PM. Reason: update

Old 02-15-2018, 05:18 PM   #69
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
Also, pale princess, I've noticed you sticking up for trans girls around these parts: thank you
Anytime! One of my BFFs is a transwoman I met thru Netphoria. Queerphorians gotta stick together!

Old 02-15-2018, 05:18 PM   #70
MarquisInSpades
Banned

I'm new myself, but thanks! I'll try to utilize this opportunity to the best of my capabilities!

Old 02-15-2018, 05:21 PM   #71
phang
Ownz

I'd still go, fuck it why not. I've seen SP2 a couple of times and the shows were decent, so sure. Just gotta see if the b0llster decides to do a European tour.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:21 PM   #72
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Sad Machines is an SP fan group. It's a bunch of people who have nothing bad to say about BC, basically. They worship the dude. No room for constructive criticism there. Paranoid got kicked out because he gave TGBK a bad rating. It's the polar opposite of Netphoria.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:24 PM   #73
MarquisInSpades
Banned

That's all I have to offer for now.

Thank you. I'll keep updating you as I learn more myself.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:30 PM   #74
lucid_interval
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
I'm new myself, but thanks! I'll try to utilize this opportunity to the best of my capabilities!
Ah cool, perhaps there was user with the same name years ago that got removed, or I got muddled up

I've found the deleted thread on archive.org! Enjoy!

https://web.archive.org/web/20100421...on-winner.html

Last edited by lucid_interval : 02-15-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:55 PM   #75
RAWK
Pledge

As much as I dislike Billy now, he was my hero growing up. I love everything he did, up to and including Adore. I spent years listening to his music every day. Pouring over his lyrics. I had at least 10 T-shirts, 100+ CDs and imports. After Machina (and partly Adore) I started to get so angry with him. I was almost embarrassed to be a fan. His music was shit and the band was falling apart. He was a self-centered prick. I felt like he ruined part of my childhood. It's like falling in love wih someone only to realize they've been cheating on you for years.

I still remember seeing him on the Machina tour. It was a general admission open floor and I was near the front. Every time Billy looked in my direction I gave him the finger and screamed "fuck you". I'm pretty sure he saw me at least one.

I have such a love/hate relationship with him. I can't pass the chance to see him again. So yes, I'm going.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:59 PM   #76
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

I went to the 20th anniversary tour, front row, and he looked right at me as he hit that big bongo.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:02 PM   #77
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Smile

Quote:
b0lly teh bully!

Old 02-15-2018, 06:03 PM   #78
FoolofaTook

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
I went to the 20th anniversary tour, front row, and he looked right at me as he hit that big bongo.
Did u cum?

Old 02-15-2018, 06:05 PM   #79
FoolofaTook

When I was at the BORISHEAVYROCKS concert Takeshi righted the mic stand during an opening band's set. He rushed up by me. We almost touched.

I swooned.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:06 PM   #80
FoolofaTook

I knew it was him when I saw the emaciated arm with the sunn o))) tattoo.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:13 PM   #81
rawkstar
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess View Post
This seems like the best answer. I still don’t really understand how people can feel abused by someone they don’t have a personal relationship with, but I get why you’d still want to participate on this board.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:16 PM   #82
lucid_interval
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I met billy at a signing in 2008 in London. He was courteous, spent time chatting to me and we exchanged questions and carried on talking even when the PR staff were signalling to move on to the next person. 300+ people and we had a couple of minutes of conversation. That's one of two times I've met him and both times he's been patient, interested and dignified, and was with every other fan I saw.

That's my actual experience of him with his fans face to face, so I can't agree with what you've said from my experiences.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:17 PM   #83
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

This was never going to come to my neck of the woods, and even if it did, I'm not going to spend $75 to stand in the back of a half-full arena and listen to Billy go through the motions.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:25 PM   #84
ava transformer
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid_interval View Post
I met billy at a signing in 2008 in London. He was courteous, spent time chatting to me and we exchanged questions and carried on talking even when the PR staff were signalling to move on to the next person. 300+ people and we had a couple of minutes of conversation. That's one of two times I've met him and both times he's been patient, interested and dignified, and was with every other fan I saw.

That's my actual experience of him with his fans face to face, so I can't agree with what you've said from my experiences.
I have had over 30 interactions with him & he has always been nice to me & has signed many things and taken many pics with me..but his Alex Jones stuff as a black fan is something I can't ignore and has been very,very hard to deal with

Old 02-15-2018, 06:29 PM   #85
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ava transformer View Post
I have had over 30 interactions with him & he has always been nice to me & has signed many things and taken many pics with me..but his Alex Jones stuff as a black fan is something I can't ignore and has been very,very hard to deal with
Yeah, his Alex Jones shit was pretty screwed up. I personally don't really think his political beliefs are an extension to his capabilities as a songwriter, but to each their own. I really don't think he's racist like some people here are calling him.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:39 PM   #86
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

You pay to see SP without D'Arcy you are casual fan!!!

Old 02-15-2018, 06:40 PM   #87
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWK View Post
As much as I dislike Billy now, he was my hero growing up. I love everything he did, up to and including Adore. I spent years listening to his music every day. Pouring over his lyrics. I had at least 10 T-shirts, 100+ CDs and imports. After Machina (and partly Adore) I started to get so angry with him. I was almost embarrassed to be a fan. His music was shit and the band was falling apart. He was a self-centered prick. I felt like he ruined part of my childhood. It's like falling in love wih someone only to realize they've been cheating on you for years.

I still remember seeing him on the Machina tour. It was a general admission open floor and I was near the front. Every time Billy looked in my direction I gave him the finger and screamed "fuck you". I'm pretty sure he saw me at least one.

I have such a love/hate relationship with him. I can't pass the chance to see him again. So yes, I'm going.
Your hero is a right cunt

Old 02-15-2018, 06:40 PM   #88
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

It's OK though. We were all duped

Old 02-15-2018, 06:41 PM   #89
lucid_interval
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ava transformer View Post
I've been out of the loop. I knew he'd been on the Alex Jones podcast but don't know the details, what did he say?

Old 02-15-2018, 06:48 PM   #90
MarquisInSpades
Banned

My ass hurts

Last edited by MarquisInSpades : 02-15-2018 at 06:55 PM.