Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #151
vbshlofbvgos
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Kansas City

I seem to remember Thom saying something about how he prefers having a physical album because he likes to view the artwork. (curiouser and curiouser/precursor) the boxdisc seems to be a meduim ground lets make some money its cool buy me you know you want it propaganda its still traditional but risque kinda of thing.
i'm glad that they are doing this and i'm actually more excited for this album now and will probably like it better just because it is released in this format.
Downtown KC Resource GuidePhoto of downtown skyline
yeah, so this does create quite a buzz.
fuck no. rh is really reaching here.
fuck no, they aren't reaching at all. thats the fucking point.
80 bucks is reaching.
reaching for what? your fucking approval? as if they need it?
they need fans.
dallas
kansas city
Find a map of downtown attractions, restaurants and parking in the new Downtown KC Resource Guide. At a news conference Tuesday, Mayor Mark Funkhouser said that the area is ready to entertain visitors, with the Sprint Center set to open, the streetscape almost finished and numerous restaurants open.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:48 PM   #152
blueseattle
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapan
its not and they havent.

the kid a/amnesiac songs were written during the same period, so it's not surprising they're of the same mold. if anything, hail to the thief is the middle ground between ok computer and kid a. its not the same as any specific album that came before it.

if anything the albums that resemble each other the most while being written in two different eras are the bends and ok computer.

I know about the recording processes of the band, but to me, I feel like they peaked with Kid A and ever since have failed to write cohesive albums.

Amnesiac has some solid numbers but is bogged down in some weaker songs and Hail to the Thief is littered with problems from sequencing to style. "There, There" carved all their sounds together, while the album just kept akin to Amnesiac.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #153
Shapan
Socialphobic

a lot of this is getting into personal taste. i remember the first time i heard 2+2=5, it was absolutely exhilirating. its like radiohead jam packed all their emotions from a song like paranoid android in a song that was less than 3 and a half mins long. i think we suck young blood is haunting unlike anything radiohead has done prior to it but people will always find comparisons because radiohead have other haunting songs. i mean, it's radiohead, they've done so much since they started out that you can't help but compare their new material to older work. but ive always felt that hail to the thief stands on its own, it has similarities to the kid a/amnesiac period but just calling it a rehash is unfair. they really hit a wide spectrum on hail to the thief, maybe more so than any other album. part of how great the album is is how it had so many different features, and every song was different from the one before it.

amnesiac was my favorite radiohead album for a long time, for me there isnt a weak track on it. but now i find it difficult to pick between the bends/ok computer/kid a/amnesiac.

and davin i was just giving you shit because all these radiohead threads generally just become ranking their albums, and when the thread was actually moving back towards talking about the new album your post was a detour back into that. but i guess its inevitable and really i dont mind talking about radiohead because i love them so.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:30 PM   #154
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

aw, that's sweet.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:35 PM   #155
Shapan
Socialphobic

Muse anyone?

Old 10-02-2007, 12:35 AM   #156
distance
Apocalyptic Poster

where is open pick?
where is spooks?

Old 10-02-2007, 12:36 AM   #157
distance
Apocalyptic Poster

nevermind. i think open pick = jigsaw falling into place.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:06 AM   #158
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

yeah hail to the theif is totally great, it's not a progression in sound but fuck what do you want from guys that went from british alternative to an electronic rock band

2+2 = 5 is sos greats

Old 10-02-2007, 02:24 AM   #159
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by distance
where is spooks?
I think Spooks is either MK1 or MK2. There's speculation of those being interludes and Spooks, being a short instrumental, would fit right in.

I'm exited about this to say the least.

Koontz, you haven't been listening to bootlegs from their latest tour, have you? there's a video of Nude in megavideo.com that just might convince you that the man still has chops. Gorgeous falsetto in that one.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:31 AM   #160
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgon
so does anyone know what format the download will be in? this will determine how many monies i give them
"Radiohead said its seventh studio album "In Rainbows" would be available from Radiohead.com from October 10 in MP3 format, meaning it can be played on all digital devices."

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/31497950

Old 10-03-2007, 02:57 PM   #161
Rockin' Cherub
Braindead

i hope this album is more the gloaming and less Optimistic

Old 10-03-2007, 04:12 PM   #162
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

i hope it's more reckoner and less rocking cherub

Old 10-03-2007, 05:21 PM   #163
Boseph
Ownz

Though it's certainly too early to say for sure, there are some tracklisting decisions that are slightly irking me. Mainly that fact that 4 Minute Warning, Bangers N' Mash, and Down Is The New Up aren't on the "actual" album. And i've never been all that impressed by Bodysnatchers or the new version of Nude, which happen to be the second and third tracks.

But i'm sure the album versions of these songs are going to be significantly different from the versions they toured with. So we'll see.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:53 AM   #164
InfinityNow
Pledge

Rolling Stone offers track-by-track breakdown of new Radiohead album:

In Rainbows - Preview

THUS!

The leak is inevitable! hahahaha... (Actually, since it comes out next week, I really couldn't care less if it leaks or not.)

Edit: looking through this, it's just a review of the live versions of these songs - there's nothing new here. Sorry.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:56 AM   #165
dean_r_koontz
Apocalyptic Poster

it always baffles me a bit when people say that they hate or dislike songs that they've heard live but that they probably will get much better in different "versions" (which usually means that radiohead have put distortion on thoms voice and added some electronic or synth doodling or drum shite instead of actually improving on the melodies, chord changes or anything else). it's a shallow musicality, a lack of deepness and wisdom.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:32 PM   #166
Mouths of Babes
Ownz

It is true is that the live versions people have heard are half-fleshed out songs from over a year and half ago. It is not true at all that it simply gets dean_koontz's treatment though -- some of these songs have changed drastically.

Old 10-04-2007, 02:37 PM   #167
dean_r_koontz
Apocalyptic Poster

OH THEY'VE CHANGED THE PACE SLIGHTLY!! OH!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #168
Boseph
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_r_koontz
it always baffles me a bit when people say that they hate or dislike songs that they've heard live but that they probably will get much better in different "versions"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boseph
But i'm sure the album versions of these songs are going to be significantly different from the versions they toured with. So we'll see.
Not saying they will be better or worse. Just different. They've spent 2 years recording this album. Is it that farfetched to think that the songs might evolve (or maybe even devolve) a bit over time? We just heard some rough ideas. Usually when a band has a collection of "rough ideas" they "work" on those ideas until they are "better".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_r_koontz
(which usually means that radiohead have put distortion on thoms voice and added some electronic or synth doodling or drum shite instead of actually improving on the melodies, chord changes or anything else). it's a shallow musicality, a lack of deepness and wisdom.
Who said this? I for one hope that Thom's vocal melody in Bodysnatchers has been somewhat revised, as I think it's the main weakness of the song. Is that good enough for you?

I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're just a prick. I often can't tell on this board.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:09 PM   #169
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

i hope reckoner is unrecognisable if you know what i'm saying, PUH PUH PUH

Old 10-05-2007, 07:57 PM   #170
bja1288
Apocalyptic Poster

Default album cover leaked

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4324/omgti4.jpg

Old 10-05-2007, 08:42 PM   #171
The Melty Man
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchocky
Does this kinda remind anyone of when the Pumpkins released Machina II, or is it just me? If you so desire, the band is giving you their blessing to download the album for free...
They're jumping on the let's give our music away for free band wagon, thinking they're realy cool and original, but in reality they're seven years too late.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #172
Shapan
Socialphobic

they're jumping on the we dont have a label so instead of making you wait for the album we already have done you can get it through our website bandwagon

Old 10-06-2007, 03:37 AM   #173
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Melty Man
They're jumping on the let's give our music away for free band wagon, thinking they're realy cool and original, but in reality they're seven years too late.
how do you know what they are thinking