hello.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #7
null123
Minion of Satan

hey adult head what's up

Old 09-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #8
noyen
Immortal

a "friend" manipulated me into taking a job he was offering me, i took it and did it only to find out he lied about everything and didnt pay me for the work i did do. when i arrived on the job he started asking me to do illegal things, didnt give me the room and board promised and just generally treated me like shit. he was going to pay me only 60 dollars a day for essentially making him over 27,000 dollars a day. its a long story no one will care about but i did learn how to drive a semi truck so like just in case im in a pinch in the future i can drive an 18 speed with 80,000 pounds of weight on it. so i got fucked and lost money on the ordeal and yeah im really pissed. so pissed it almost turned into a physical altercation. i just turned away and packed my shit and left. i barely made it home and my car hit empty on the gas tank. but i am happy i am home tonight in my own bed and i get a hot shower.

i wish i had a pet to cuddle with right now.

what went down with you charms? spress yo'delf.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #9
null123
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
a "friend" manipulated me into taking a job he was offering me, i took it and did it only to find out he lied about everything and didnt pay me for the work i did do. when i arrived on the job he started asking me to do illegal things, didnt give me the room and board promised and just generally treated me like shit. he was going to pay me only 60 dollars a day for essentially making him over 27,000 dollars a day. its a long story no one will care about but i did learn how to drive a semi truck so like just in case im in a pinch in the future i can drive an 18 speed with 80,000 pounds of weight on it. so i got fucked and lost money on the ordeal and yeah im really pissed. so pissed it almost turned into a physical altercation. i just turned away and packed my shit and left. i barely made it home and my car hit empty on the gas tank. but i am happy i am home tonight in my own bed and i get a hot shower.

i wish i had a pet to cuddle with right now.

what went down with you charms? spress yo'delf.
that's terrible. I remember you mentioning this job and it sounded like an amazing gig so I imagine it's a huge letdown aside from just being straight up ripped off and out of a job. damn. was this guy someone you used to be close to?

in my case I'm partly mad at myself but it's brought up a lot of shit that was accumulating for the last 18 months I was living at this place and I'm very pissed at ex-roommate too. I could write a novel about my emotionz but highlights:

- was told if I didn't do half of a list of chores decided by roommate and new tenant that I would get 0 of the 400 dollar deposit I paid to her when I moved in (pretty big cleaning fee imo)
- was at the apartment basically by myself this week, moved all my stuff by myself, cleaned the entire bathroom on my hands and knees, mopped the kitchen, mopped my room, washed walls, removed paint (I do art so it gets dirty) cleaned and sterilized the fridge, under the sink, removed mold from all windows etc. etc. basically all the nastiest jobs and I've been under a LOT of stress on top of this so I was exhausted
- don't hear anything for days because roommate is on a mystery trip
-finally hear from her today and she leaves me a snotty voicemail saying I did the job "halfway" so I would only receive half of the deposit
- I basically race to the apartment and ask her to show me
- she basically shows me some dust in some places (ie windowsills which I didn't even claim to dust) and tells me that I'm not a "clean person" so maybe I didn't notice but they did
- I was gonna clean these things to get the rest of my money but I'm getting sooooo heated so I was like fine give me the 200 dollars
- as soon as I say this, Aidan, a dude who I banned from the apartment because he tried to force said roommate to have sex with him (but she forgives him now they're bffs) appears out of nowhere and is all like "hey rachael" (the few times he's been given the opportunity he's done this. he loves taunting me because it's so hilarious that I'm upset about the "misunderstanding")

Old 09-04-2013, 02:04 AM   #10
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmbag View Post
he tried to force said roommate to have sex with him (but she forgives him now they're bffs)
ugh. it's like being a potential rape victim is a stepping stone in a relationship nowadays.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #11
Adult Head
Ownz

just roasted a new batch of coffee. the apartment smells delicious.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #12
null123
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adult Head View Post
just roasted a new batch of coffee. the apartment smells delicious.
I'm very jealous. coffee is a very calming and positive smell. you should make some not-sucky decaf just for me but I think that task is beneath most microroasters or what the fuck ever

Old 09-04-2013, 02:41 AM   #13
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmbag View Post
I'm very jealous. coffee is a very calming and positive smell.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #14
null123
Minion of Satan

I only paid her a deposit because at the time I wasn't on the lease so technically an illegitimate tenant

but then I received the 200 dollars from the new tenant. she apparently has no idea how a deposit works or what it's for like what the hell

Old 09-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #15
null123
Minion of Satan

also I chugged some soda and had a lot of chips and salsa immediately before receiving the voicemail and driving over there and I feel this negatively impacted my ability to deal with the situation

Old 09-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #16
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I've been enjoying the 80s Sherlock Holmes series with Jeremy Brett. He's the best

http://www.curragh-labs.org/blog/wp-...-and-burke.jpg

Old 09-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #17
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I think some Victorian Mysteries would cheer you up

Old 09-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #18
null123
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
I think some Victorian Mysteries would cheer you up
right now i'm more like

Old 09-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #19
null123
Minion of Satan

i see you people in this thread this isn't how chat threads work you need to put those fingers on the fucking keyboard and type some words about something and post it okay?

Old 09-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #20
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

but i'm scared

Old 09-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #21
Trotskilicious
Banned

man that is a horrible track

Old 09-04-2013, 02:12 AM   #22
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
man that is a horrible track
welcome to hell bitch

Old 09-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #23
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

nothing happened today, Ill check in tomorrow

Old 09-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #24
Trotskilicious
Banned

i've been watching portlandia

it certainly cements my theory that austin is the drunker, hotter version. it also makes me want to combine portlandia and always sunny into a sitcom about 4 degenerate hipsters and their desperate attempts to be cool

the spirit of the 1890s is alive in austin

Old 09-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #25
null123
Minion of Satan

what about this

if you don't like this I just don't know what to do about ya

Old 09-04-2013, 12:25 AM   #26
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

were you serious about the chips and pop

Old 09-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #27
Trotskilicious
Banned

yeah that's better

Old 09-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #28
null123
Minion of Satan

also the new tenant paid me 200 dollars in cash and she took a picture of the money with her phone beforehand you know just to keep this operation legit

Old 09-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #29
noyen
Immortal

yeah he used to be a really close friend, of 10 years atleast. i am mostly mad at myself for falling into this kind of trap with him. i just dont ever want to trust anyone again. i was sooo excited about the work and i am a hard working motherfcker and a good friend so he loses out more than me i guess. it just sucks in so many ways :/.

i feel your pain about roommate issues. i have had so many horrible roommates i never want one again. last one i had in portland fucked me out of my 400 deposit as well. he wasnt on the lease either, the landlords knew this though and let me rent the place knowing he would be there. he couldnt pass a credit check to get a place and the landlords liked me so much they were willing to turn an eye. i had left the place and had a final inspection and all that before i left but he went behind my back and did some shady deal with the lords and stayed one extra day after i had moved out. i had "sold" him all my furniture (his half of the deposit) on the good graces i would get it all back. so im in another state and 2 months later i get the deposit check in the mail and lo an behold he fucked some shit up during his one day there and the deposit was halved. so i call him up and tell him he owes me some money and he tells me he didnt do damage yadda yadda and starts trying to talk his way ouy of paying me and it was somehow my fault. he tells me to fuck off and hangs up on me and of course i dont get the money from him. i got my revenge though because a month or so later i fly back to portland to do some work and be an extra on portlandia filming. i showed up at his new apartment and beat the shit out of him a few hours before my flight back to slc. i broke his nose and a tooth that i hope cost him more to fix than what he owed. im also going to fuck him up agaij if i ever see him and turn him into police for a robbery he confessed he did to me if he ever comes back to his home in st george utah. im a vengeful fucker.

i hope your ex roommate dies in a fire.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:00 AM   #30
null123
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
yeah he used to be a really close friend, of 10 years atleast. i am mostly mad at myself for falling into this kind of trap with him. i just dont ever want to trust anyone again. i was sooo excited about the work and i am a hard working motherfcker and a good friend so he loses out more than me i guess. it just sucks in so many ways :/.

i feel your pain about roommate issues. i have had so many horrible roommates i never want one again. last one i had in portland fucked me out of my 400 deposit as well. he wasnt on the lease either, the landlords knew this though and let me rent the place knowing he would be there. he couldnt pass a credit check to get a place and the landlords liked me so much they were willing to turn an eye. i had left the place and had a final inspection and all that before i left but he went behind my back and did some shady deal with the lords and stayed one extra day after i had moved out. i had "sold" him all my furniture (his half of the deposit) on the good graces i would get it all back. so im in another state and 2 months later i get the deposit check in the mail and lo an behold he fucked some shit up during his one day there and the deposit was halved. so i call him up and tell him he owes me some money and he tells me he didnt do damage yadda yadda and starts trying to talk his way ouy of paying me and it was somehow my fault. he tells me to fuck off and hangs up on me and of course i dont get the money from him. i got my revenge though because a month or so later i fly back to portland to do some work and be an extra on portlandia filming. i showed up at his new apartment and beat the shit out of him a few hours before my flight back to slc. i broke his nose and a tooth that i hope cost him more to fix than what he owed. im also going to fuck him up agaij if i ever see him and turn him into police for a robbery he confessed he did to me if he ever comes back to his home in st george utah. im a vengeful fucker.

i hope your ex roommate dies in a fire.
holy shit are you serious? also this whole saga took place in portland so maybe there's just a bad atmosphere here

still sorry about your friend. nothing is worse than betrayal I swear

I kinda fantasized about punching her in the face on the drive over and I think in a way that would have been more honorable than some of the insults to her appearance I brainstormed in anticipation of it getting nasty but ultimately she was the only one who delivered any epithets and I think this will weigh on her conscience. she was trying to be all nice when I was on my way out and offered me dishes to take and was like "good luck rach" (sooooo thoughtful) and I just closed the door