Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 01:55 AM   #31
rottenugly
Banned

There was one track left off the Gish reissue: 'JEZUZ LOVES ALL HIS BABBYS (except for james, he can go fuck himself, 2011 mix)'

Billy has yet to comment about this.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #32
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Or he could just forget about these and file them away in the Corgan Empty Promises file...
That's what I fear is going to happen here with the whole project - scares me, as I would love to get a Machina/Machina II. I guess I'll just keep holding my breath until 2014 or whenever he forecasted.

I think a large part of whether he gets there or not is if these things actually sell. Based on the fact that my 3 disc editions STILL HAVE NOT YET SHIPPED from SP.com - the email said that due to a 'sheer number of orders' shipping times were delayed. So ridiculous that I'm still waiting on this.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #33
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Yeah, I agree. That Machina with the correct conceptual sequence really piqued my interest.

If it's any good indication, the reissues seem to be doing well, Pitchfork gave it a 10 Best Reissue, and it's supposed to be a pretty big deal. MCIS should be the same...

Old 12-04-2011, 10:08 PM   #34
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenugly View Post
There was one track left off the Gish reissue: 'JEZUZ LOVES ALL HIS BABBYS (except for james, he can go fuck himself, 2011 mix)'

Billy has yet to comment about this.
Probably left off because of BC's "spiritual reasons" just like the preacher man sample was removed from the end of "Soma". Jesus Loves His Babies is probably considered blasphemous to Billy now with the whole "It's me Billy, Jesus, I'm gonna punish you ahahahahah!" part.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #35
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Jennifer Ever

Old 12-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #36
lala
Banned

(from new BC intervew)

BlogCritic: About four years back, you and [current guitarist] Jeff [Schroeder] played “Translucent” live for the first time ever. For the recently created SPRC, would you consider remastering and releasing once forgotten obscurities like that pre-Gish gem and others, like “There It Goes”?

BC:Those two songs might just well end up on the extra-disc of our next official reissue release in April [2012] for [hit 1994 b-sides compilation] Pisces Iscariot.

http://blogcritics.org/music/article...#ixzz1frWfXS1J