Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2019, 12:07 AM   #121
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Kiwi gang member garnishes stir fry with sprouts.

Old 02-17-2019, 12:09 AM   #122
buzzard
Minion of Satan

A play button overlay would help, vBulletin.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:49 AM   #123
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

http://evandashevsky.com/wp-content/.../Picture-3.png

Old 02-17-2019, 09:53 AM   #124
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
this is not even his first time being on the cover on the Paws magazine. i have a copy of the other at my mom's house.

https://consequenceofsound.files.wor...ality=80&w=800

Old 02-17-2019, 03:32 PM   #125
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I remember reading that PAWS had to tell him that de-clawing cats is cruel and shouldn’t be done. And that even then, he was worried about his house and furniture.

Old 02-17-2019, 03:33 PM   #126
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

These damn millenial cats just don’t know anything about sacrificing their claws

Old 02-17-2019, 03:49 PM   #127
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I feel like it's been on rotation but everyone is really open about it now. I'm starting to have a hard time with it, emotionally. Especially as my kid gets older and is starting to need real parenting, not just "keep me alive" duties. I definitely clash with them (internally) a lot more now. They say things to her that caused me some emotional problems (thankfully she isn't quite old enough to understand but she doesn't need those seeds planted) and I don't want her to be ilikeplanets 2.0. But financially I am not able to do anything about it now. I'm getting closer. Still grateful though, just ready to sack of rice even more so I can get us our own space.
My parents have been saints, and kept their mouths shut the whole time. But my boys are 10 and 13 now, and in my parents’ eyes, more or less model children. So that helps. They don’t run in the house anymore, or break stuff, or yell. So there’s nothing for my parents to do, discipline wise. I was worried about that. I don’t want my kids turning into vixnixes.

But rent here is kind of insane. We’d pay at least $800 a week in this suburb. And salaries aren’t that high, here. If we can stick it out here until we find a house to buy, we’ll pay a similar amount as a mortgage payment but at least we’ll be paying off our own property, and not providing a hefty inheritance for someone else’s descendants.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:25 PM   #128
ilikeplanets
Braindead

It's not so much the discipline that I mind, because her toddler rule-breaking is simple redirection and firm voice kind of stuff, but it's the little comments that are starting to surface as her personality is developing. "Oh, she needs to wear a bow with that, her hair would be so much prettier. Why does she like cars so much? Little girls should play with dolls. I hope she doesn't turn out goth like you did, ILP, I won't allow it." Basically these rigid rules on looks and female behavior, and I'm sure some of you remember how great of an effect that had on me (4 life-threatening rounds with anorexia and over a decade of hard drugs). It wasn't ALL their fault, I made my own dumb decisions in excess, and I could have just said idgaf and not let anybody hurt me, but kids don't usually have that sense at young ages. They just think they are disappointments, and if they are less popular at school it can really push them over the edge. She seems a lot more self assured than I am, already, but I don't want her fire doused by ignorant statements. I think I have enough ideas and motivation to make sure we get out before any expected perfectionism bothers her, if it even would. I'm still grateful, because they don't have to help me out. But every mother has her own ideals she wants to pass on to her children, and it won't be possible here, since it isn't my house. Kinda stuck, and I'm extra sensitive because she doesn't have the "nuclear family" upbringing, so any possible romantic life for me will involve her having step parents and possible step and/or half siblings. I just want her happy, and her grandparents' ideology isn't compatible with everyone, long term. Nor should it be, and they are still the ones helping us. It's just a fear I had to get off my chest, and I can't tell them. So enjoy that tiny meltdown, guys.

Last edited by ilikeplanets : 02-17-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:44 PM   #129
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I'm going to follow that up with I think my parents are saints, too. It's got to be very hard to forgive your child who you perceived was a complete piece of shit, and let her move back in with a baby and try to get it right. I know they want the best, and family is everything to them. Maybe I was just too much of sensitive and selfish millennial at heart. Let's see what the faults of Gen Z and Gen Alpha are, before anyone criticizes anything further.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #130
vixnix
Socialphobic

I entered the NZ psych system at 14, and have since been a part of the Australian and Singaporean systems. That’s 25 years of therapy. I was drunk or stoned for a lot of my life from 14-24, and involuntarily hospitalised in Melbourne at 20, with a drug induced psychosis. At 23 I was an honours student in philosophy and a second year law student, still shitfaced most of the time.

But I didn’t cost my parents too much money. That’s my middle brother’s full time job, so it’s just as well I married into a richer family than ours. My Dad looked so relieved on my wedding day I thought he would faint.

So yeah your parents are doing pretty well, and it’s just as well they only had you, because if they’d had your little brother setting up a new business every two years and asking for capital they might well be bankrupt right now.

Millenial kids and boomer parents, man. Bad combo.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:57 PM   #131
ilikeplanets
Braindead

The outlook for Millennial parents and Alpha children is supposed to lead to a disgusting amount of oversharing, but fabulous acceptance of uniqueness and abundance of information. Sounds good, but we shall see.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:44 PM   #132
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post

did they 'shop his hand? i'm not really an expert on pixels...

Old 02-17-2019, 10:00 PM   #133
FoolofaTook

no he's wearing a flesh glove

Old 02-18-2019, 01:13 AM   #134
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
lol they sure did, good eye

Old 02-18-2019, 02:11 AM   #135
Alice
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Kiwi gang member garnishes stir fry with sprouts.

https://tech2.org/newzealand/39-fry-...thy-lifestyle/

I'm so confused by this gang. So, they wear swastikas, are now primarily Māori and Polynesian, discourage meth use, sell meth, promote healthy eating, and have pie and noodle eating contests with their rivals?

Old 02-18-2019, 02:14 AM   #136
Alice
Minion of Satan

What's going on in New Zealand?

Old 02-18-2019, 02:22 AM   #137
buzzard
Minion of Satan

The noodle eat-off was super bizarre.

There is no explaining some things.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:06 AM   #138
ilikeplanets
Braindead

"noodle eat-off"

Old 02-18-2019, 03:06 AM   #139
ilikeplanets
Braindead

lol

Old 02-18-2019, 03:09 AM   #140
Alice
Minion of Satan

My favorite part is that they were accused of cheating in the noodle eat-off and settled the matter with a pie eat-off

Old 02-19-2019, 12:01 PM   #141
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Greg Koroheke, Anglican minister and patched member of the Mongrel Mob.

https://i.imgur.com/ZiaLyG0.jpg

Old 02-19-2019, 02:34 PM   #142
vixnix
Socialphobic

Is Shamima Begum....a millenial terrorist?

Old 03-03-2019, 12:19 AM   #143
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
lol they sure did, good eye

someone should ask him on the next instagram Q&A how he feels bout Paws Chicago photoshopping his hand for their magazine cover

Old 03-03-2019, 10:50 AM   #144
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

"Why do you think Paws shopped your paws?"

Old 03-03-2019, 09:46 PM   #145
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
It's not so much the discipline that I mind, because her toddler rule-breaking is simple redirection and firm voice kind of stuff, but it's the little comments that are starting to surface as her personality is developing. "Oh, she needs to wear a bow with that, her hair would be so much prettier. Why does she like cars so much? Little girls should play with dolls. I hope she doesn't turn out goth like you did, ILP, I won't allow it." Basically these rigid rules on looks and female behavior, and I'm sure some of you remember how great of an effect that had on me (4 life-threatening rounds with anorexia and over a decade of hard drugs). It wasn't ALL their fault, I made my own dumb decisions in excess, and I could have just said idgaf and not let anybody hurt me, but kids don't usually have that sense at young ages. They just think they are disappointments, and if they are less popular at school it can really push them over the edge. She seems a lot more self assured than I am, already, but I don't want her fire doused by ignorant statements. I think I have enough ideas and motivation to make sure we get out before any expected perfectionism bothers her, if it even would. I'm still grateful, because they don't have to help me out. But every mother has her own ideals she wants to pass on to her children, and it won't be possible here, since it isn't my house. Kinda stuck, and I'm extra sensitive because she doesn't have the "nuclear family" upbringing, so any possible romantic life for me will involve her having step parents and possible step and/or half siblings. I just want her happy, and her grandparents' ideology isn't compatible with everyone, long term. Nor should it be, and they are still the ones helping us. It's just a fear I had to get off my chest, and I can't tell them. So enjoy that tiny meltdown, guys.
i grew up in a family with grand parents and parents saying things like that to me, and like you i ended up anorexic. Luckily she has you to mitigate their attitude.

Old 03-10-2019, 09:14 PM   #146
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Schießen und schweigen Im Juni lud die FPÖ Allerheiligen ihre Mitglieder zum jährlichen "FPÖ-Faustfeuerwaffen-Schießen", die Siegerurkunde übergab der freiheitliche Nationalratsabgeordnete Günther Kumpitsch. Neben Norbert Hofer hat sich auch Vizekanzler Heinz-Christian Strache öffentlich zu seiner Waffe, ebenfalls einer Glock, bekannt. Auch der Nationalratsabgeordnete Johann Gudenus erzählte in einem Interview mit der Kronen Zeitung, dass er Besitzer einer Glock sei. "Es gibt eine gewisse Affinität von rechtspopulistischen Parteien zu Waffen", sagt Politikberater Thomas Hofer. Waffen würden rechts der Mitte eher als Gebrauchsgegenstand oder Mittel zur Selbstbestimmung gesehen, gelten eher als normal als bei Parteien links der Mitte, so der Politikberater. Nur darüber reden will man offensichtlich nicht. Beim Thema Waffen sei laut Thomas Hofer Zurückhaltung angesagt. "Es warten nicht hunderttausende Wähler auf ein liberales Waffengesetz, aber es ist stimmig mit einigen Kernzielgruppen der FPÖ", sagt Hofer. Das erklärt, warum man im privaten Rahmen schießt und öffentlich dazu schweigt. "Die Dosis macht das Gift", sagt Hofer. - derstandard.at/2000087994813/Haben-Sie-eine-Waffe-Grosses-Schweigen-bei-der-FPOe