Apocalyptic Poster

What actually comes to mind whenever I see the thread title:

Old 11-03-2017, 09:02 AM   #63
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
you think mario and peach ever fucked?

i mean it's never implied really, but what kind of an italian plumber would go through all that trouble for a platonic relationship? fuck that shit
it's implied that bowser and peach fucked

Old 11-03-2017, 10:26 AM   #64
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Any you jr scientists using one of those multi-component input jobs to hook multi retro consoles up to tv? Sick of pluggin n unpluggin n pluggin again ever time I wanna switch from perfect dark to ninja gaiden to mario all star to silent hill 2

Old 11-03-2017, 10:28 AM   #65
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Mario Odysseys fucken a blast btw for anyone wondering. A good mix of exploration and platforming, plus never thought it would be so fun to dress Mario in different costumes but fuck if it is

Old 11-08-2017, 07:00 PM   #66
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Brothers and sisters in Christ,

It has come to my attention through the recent hoopla of the "Oblivion" thread that the same company has created an equally disturbing game called Fallout 3. Without a doubt, the people at Bethesda Softworks (creators of Oblivion and Fallout 3) seem intent on corrupting our youth with introducing anti-Biblical concepts, violence, sexuality, and law-breaking. I have just reviewed the game, and I will now provide a fair and balanced assessment of this poor excuse for a "game".

The setting takes place in and around Washington D.C. after a nuclear war. I might as well open by saying the only good thing that this game offers is that it rightly attributes communism to destruction. In the game's story, China has launched nuclear strikes and destroyed America. While this is much applauded (not the destruction of America, but showing that Communists are evil people), that is where the positive nature of this game ends. Here are just some brief tidbits about what this game contains...
It is extremely violent. It features various types of sub-machine guns, nuclear weapons, rocket launchers, knives, flamethrowers, various melee weapons, and other instruments of destruction. You can't play this game without killing hundreds of people.
There is a lot of cursing in this game, with the A-word, S-word, and F-word.
There is a "perk", if you want to call it that, called "Bloody Mess" which makes killing people even more graphic and gruesome. Your enemies explode in a mess of blood and guts.
There is another "perk" called Mister Sandman that allows you to kill innocent people in their sleep.
The worst "perk" of all is the aptly-named Cannibal that allows you to literally devour corpses. I'm not making this up!
There are quests where you are assigned to kill people. One is even so blatantly called "You gotta shoot 'em in the head" where you are told to do just so.
You can blow up an innocent town with an atom bomb. After obliverating these people, you are rewarded with money and a place to stay. What kind of message is this giving our children?
There is prostitution in the game. If you go to a place called Moriarty's Bar, there is a woman who offers to fornicate with you for a price. The player is able to have sexual relations with this woman.
1st Timothy 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
You can pretty much kill whoever you want, even good guys. The game makes no consequence for your actions. At most, you have to leave a town for three days, but it allows teenagers to live out "spree killer" and "school shooting" fantasies.
The player can create their own homemade weapons like a "dart gun" and "bottlecap mine" which encourage domestic terrorist activities. How many kids might be inspired to make their own pipe bombs after playing this game?
There are beings called "ghouls", which appear to be some kind of zombie demon out of a horror movie. While many ghouls are bad, some are considered "good guys".
It quotes the Bible out of context. One of the recurring themes revolves around Revelations 21:6..."And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely." However instead of pointing out that this verse revolves around the Lord and that He alone can provide eternal life, this game misconstrues it and takes it to mean that we can make water-purifying systems. It is a mockery of the Bible!
There is a group of misbehaving brats in a town called Little Lamplight. They do anything they want and disrespect adults. There is nothing in the game that can correct this behavior even though the Bible tells us how to deal with such rebellious imps: Proverbs 13:24 "He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes." Nowhere in the game can you punish these children for their behavior. It tells kids they can act however they want with impugnity.
You are able to pick locks and it's a skill. You can basically break into other people's doors, safes, and other secure places and steal what you want at whim.
It also promotes Computer Hacking. Through the skill "Computers", the player can hack another person's private computer, even though hacking is a federal crime.
Alcohol is available in this game through such forms as whiskey.
Drug use is promoted. There is a syringe called "Med X" (Heroin), a drug called "Psycho" (Methamphetamine) and "Buffout" (Steroids). Taking these drugs makes you a stronger player, so drugs are encouraged in this game. Even though you can get addicted to the drugs, you can always just see a doctor to cure the addiction. Nowhere in this game is there any Christian pastor to help you overcome addiction through faith in Jesus Christ. Nowhere!
There is a false, heretical religion called "The Church of Atom". They believes that an atom bomb is a god or something. This may lead players to believe in this bizarre cult. Isaiah 42:8 "I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images."
The only other church is called "St. Monica's Church". We know Catholics aren't really Christians and this game pushes Catholicism onto players instead of Baptists who believe in the 1611 KJV Bible.
I could go on and on, but I think you can realize what this whole game is about. There are no redeeming qualities in this game, no exhortation of Christian values, but just stuff that would make Satan happy. It should come as no surprise that this game is very popular and many Oblivion players also play this game as well.

Any True Christian™ parent would not want this game around their children. It is an evil influence. Paul warns us to seperate ourselves from such iniquity...

Quote:
2nd Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2nd Corinthians 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2nd Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2nd Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Indeed this game is truly an unfruitful work of darkness. You cannot be a Christian and play this game since you are going against the Bible, as I have shown in the above quotes.

Friends, in my last post warning about the dangers of Oblivion, I advocated taking a stand against the stores selling that demonic game, but I feel considering Bethesda has been putting out multiple games, the only rational stand is to call for the end of Bethesda Softworks. These people should be held accountable to the law (both God's and secular) and should not be able to produce video games anymore. I encourage every Bible-believing True Christian™ reading this to let your congressman know about what is going on in this Satanic organization. Bethesda feels they can put out these sinful games at their own will, but they must be stopped.

I will pray that our cause will prevail. I will pray that the Lord will put Bethesda Softworks out of business. I will pray that these criminals serve time behind bars for corrupting our youth. In Jesus' name, I pray.

Yours in Christ,
Rev. Jim Osborne

Old 11-08-2017, 08:11 PM   #67
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

lol

impugnity

and everything else

i have 175 hours on fallout 4 now aye caramba

Old 11-08-2017, 08:34 PM   #68
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Until they started going on about how you're unable to punish the mischievous kids, I genuinely couldn't tell if it was satire.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:00 PM   #69
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

the one limit fallout really has is you cant kill kids

Old 11-11-2017, 02:22 AM   #70
spidersoma
Ownz

I finally finished Mass Effect: Andromeda. Meh. Whole game was one big fetch quest with a pretty crap story.

Playing Uncharted 4, now. I haven't played 1-3. I dig it, it's like Tomb Raider Lite - you don't upgrade weapons or spend what I consider too much time searching every nook and cranny for items and treasure. I also find climbing to be a lot more fluid and faster.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:14 PM   #71
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

just bought an xbox one cause I'm a sucker

downloaded the first part of Life is Strange for free. now smoking weed. let's do this.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:23 PM   #72
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

first episode?

oh wish I could play it again like the first time

Old 11-28-2017, 11:25 PM   #73
redbreegull

yeah first episode. I hear good things. let's begin

Old 11-29-2017, 06:56 AM   #74
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I really loved Life is Strange, have fun red! let us know what you think.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:57 AM   #75
LaBelle
Socialphobic

In other news, I recently beat Super Mario Odyssey, and that game is a total delight. Though I hear a lot of talk that going for all the moons is supposed to be super rewarding, I don't feel that much motivation after beating the story.

Also, earlier this year I bought Cuphead because it looked real cool and that game is a nightmare.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:16 AM   #76
Shallowed
Braindead

I'm losing my proper graphics card virginity and getting a second hand EVGA Geforce GTX 960

at $NZ160 I've been led to believe this is a good deal

Old 11-29-2017, 10:12 PM   #77
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
first episode?

oh wish I could play it again like the first time
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
played episode 1 last night. I loved it. the game is absolutely stunning

Old 11-29-2017, 11:03 PM   #78
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Playing the f out of skyrim for the 1st time, the switch port

Best thing so far was found a talking dog who wants me to help reunite him to his demon master

Also steamworld dig 2, stardew valley, neurovoider

Fuck i love switch, only problem is i never play 3ds anymore

Old 11-30-2017, 01:26 AM   #79
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm saving up for a new gaming rig so I can run Hexen and Jazz Jackrabbit at 30fps on medium graphics. Can't wait!

Old 11-30-2017, 01:38 AM   #80
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty sp View Post
I'm saving up for a new gaming rig so I can run Hexen and Jazz Jackrabbit at 30fps on medium graphics. Can't wait!

Old 11-30-2017, 05:59 AM   #81
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

I was looking at getting a sweet IMB compatible PC but I'm going to hold off until the new Windows 95 hits the stores. I'll get a modem which I hope will have the full 28.8k speed!

Old 12-02-2017, 02:04 AM   #82
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Lying flat in bed, switch on my belly, red in 1 hand blue in 1, big softest headphones on, skydew valley vs skyrim all nite

Music to stardew is up there with some of the best snes, not ffiii/earthbound league, but like the lord of the rings vol 1...damn the caves in the lotr game and the permadeath of fellowship members! I did beat the balrog once using legolas probably...you had to make your own map, or just the constant going in circles and lack of health pickups just the fucken bats man would kill samswiss n merryadoc

Skyrims fucken weird

Old 12-02-2017, 02:05 AM   #83
run2pee
Minion of Satan

I wish trotskilicious were here to kick me in the poast

At least call me a neoliberal dogslave

Old 12-02-2017, 02:06 AM   #84
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Originally Posted by Poots View Post
Guys it's not very complicated. What most people don't know is that every plant will get you high. Some more than others. Just find the plant that you want to get high on and pick it. Boil it in a vat of urine (for the ammonia). Throw in some bay leaves. Boil for 16 hours until it is a dried black husk in the bottom of the pot. Eat it like beef jerky. Make sure to call out of work first because you're going for a ride.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:03 AM   #85
buzzard
Minion of Satan

What kind of character did you go with in Skyrim?

No matter what I tell myself, I always end up being an occasionally amoral archer with a penchant for silent murder / preemptive self-defense.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:09 AM   #86
MarquisInSpades
Banned

sigh. I haven't gotten past Oblivion yet LOL. I'm not much of a gamer though.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:09 AM   #87
MarquisInSpades
Banned

PLAY ASURA'S WRATH AND GOD OF WAR!

My favourites. These are excellent games.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:17 AM   #88
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
What kind of character did you go with in Skyrim?

No matter what I tell myself, I always end up being an occasionally amoral archer with a penchant for silent murder / preemptive self-defense.
So far, walk around, look at trees and streams. In towns steal from merchants, jarls, dickheads, braggarts, and bodybuilders, then incite their women/children to misbehave. Antagonize bards. Shout into the dumb face of all guards who mention sweet rolls.

Wear robes/hoods, fry bandits with two handed magic, collect rare gemstones to dump around candles in the breezhome

Old 12-02-2017, 03:23 AM   #89
buzzard
Minion of Satan

You know the thieving is getting out of hand when you begin leaving surface objects purely for the immersive qualities of décor.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:32 PM   #90
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I'm on episode 4. I was going to stop for awhile and play Metro which my bud claims is omg th ebest game eber, but I found that I couldn't focus on shooting mutant rat things in a post apocalyptic future... I just kept thinking about what was going to happen to Max and the other Blackwell kids.

I guess we can talk spoilers here, right? (warning spoilers follow): I legit wept when Chloe asked Max to give her the overdose in the alternative timeline. Couldn't do it of course.

How much does the game change based on decisions you make? I decided to just play through with no help from the internet or guides or anything so I am unclear if I am drastically altering outcomes here or just mildly changing dialogue trees