Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2015, 03:38 PM   #211
slunken
Virgo

got another shipment today. watched the short films "5th Wheel" (an honest to god tv pilot - the back cover reads "dear tv, this is my show") and "Airplane Pillows". I haven't been this inspired by art in a long time.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:16 AM   #212
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Sinister - 9/10

fuck everyone who recommended that, I'm still not over it.
lol took me a while too.

I ended up watch Rec. I would suggest this if you haven't seen it either (thanks Labelle)

Old 03-05-2015, 06:19 AM   #213
Starla

I watched Children of Men again.... after not having seen it since it was released. (love the cinematography)

Old 03-05-2015, 12:19 PM   #214
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Babadook 9.5/10

The more I think about it the more I like it. Up there with exorcist and shining for movies that legitimately gave me willies

Old 03-07-2015, 10:09 AM   #215
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
lol took me a while too.

I ended up watch Rec. I would suggest this if you haven't seen it either (thanks Labelle)
You're welcome! Happy to be of service O>

There's a few shots from [rec] that will stay with me, some creepy things there. ugh

Old 03-07-2015, 10:18 AM   #216
slunken
Virgo

i've been watching some of those "the truth behind" tv documentaries. watched the ones on the codex gigas, secrets of the druids, and the bermuda triangle.

codex gigas was really interesting i had only heard about it once in passing.

also watched schoof - a man and his wife go through marital problems and he starts living outside while two cowboys want to gangbang a passed out girl but she od's so they cut up her body and put it in the fireplace. also there is a giant hamster controlled by this new alien drug called schoof that is making the townspeople act strangely and eventually mind controlling them. or something.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:34 PM   #217
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Under The Skin - 3/5

Overrated and has some serious pacing issues. Scarlett is great and there are some beautiful shots.
I just wish the movie was as intelligent as it tries to appear.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:08 PM   #218
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

birdman
cool movie, 9/10 I guess

Old 03-08-2015, 11:11 PM   #219
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Sinister - 9/10

fuck everyone who recommended that
hard to please huh

Old 03-08-2015, 11:13 PM   #220
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i remember certain scenes from that but it wasn't really a "sticker" like say, the fucking ring was when i was 13

i'd take 20 minutes to go to the bathroom sometimes just dreading the possible end-of-life scenarios that i thought were likely to occur

Old 03-09-2015, 04:28 AM   #221
fuzzyroes
Banned

I literally rented this awhile back

So awesome in the so bad it's great category. Just the brutal late 80's cheese that I get a huge kick out of. And Cosby just owned it and did such a great job with it.

I'm a huge vintage Cosby fan. I can't help it, it's crushing to have learned the truth about the guy, but I still love his old work.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:30 AM   #222
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

I hate that Ghost Dad will always remind me of the first time i ever cuddled a girl.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:33 AM   #223
fuzzyroes
Banned

awhh really? that's cool man. Why do you hate that?

Old 03-09-2015, 04:38 AM   #224
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Cause it's a lame film. I wish it was something i could actually enjoy watching and then whenever i would watch it I could reminisce fondly.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:52 AM   #225
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
hard to please huh
ha, I didn't mean it that way. that movie was visiually more impressive than I expected, and I should stay away from such films, they fuck with me (in my dreeeeeams)

Snowtown - 7/10

what did I just watch... and the cast, nice to see "real" faces

what is it with Australian horror films, I still remember Wolf Creek, and recently Babadook and then THIS.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:55 AM   #226
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i want to say part of the reason i wasn't quite as scared by that film as certain others is cos i was with someone when i saw it, but shit i watched the grudge movies in the middle of the day with another person to and that shit had me checkin behind shower curtains for weeks

Old 03-09-2015, 05:56 AM   #227
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

FUCK that noise

literally, that noise the girl makes, shsidrhasoldrhnlasdrn/1!

Old 03-09-2015, 05:58 AM   #228
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

funny, I can watch stuff like the ring without problems, I watch it for technical aspects, only

sinister on the other hand. wasn't so much that it scared me, but it made me nervous

Old 03-09-2015, 06:08 AM   #229
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

the ring scared the shit out of me maybe in part because i was 13 but man i dread the thought of having to rewatch that if for whatever reason i did

i actually did rewatch it about 6 years ago, and i just remember having to keep finding things to laugh about for fear i'd be overcome with some kind unconquerable dread or movie becoming reality

Old 03-09-2015, 06:30 AM   #230
pavementtune

Quote:
the ring scared the shit out of me maybe in part because i was 13 but man i dread the thought of having to rewatch that if for whatever reason i did
I get that, I saw The Birds and Psycho when I was about 7, but the worst was The Exorcist, around 9.
I tried to rewatch The Exorcist several times, but when I finally managed (in college) it scared me shitless all over again.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:56 AM   #231
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
i watched the grudge movies in the middle of the day with another person to and that shit had me checkin behind shower curtains for weeks
FUUUUUUUUUUCK The Grudge. I went to see it on theaters when I was 14, and it fucked me up!

I still get goosebumps just thinking about the boy who would meow like a cat, and I like cats!!!

Old 03-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #232
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I get that, I saw The Birds and Psycho when I was about 7, but the worst was The Exorcist, around 9.
I tried to rewatch The Exorcist several times, but when I finally managed (in college) it scared me shitless all over again.
the only movie to genuinely scare me has been the exorcist. I didn't see horror films as a kid cause i was too much of a wuss and in my teens i had just no interest. Then at abut 20 i figured it might be time to catch up on a few classics in the genre. Exorcist got me genuinely scared for like a week after. Then i was hesitant to see it after but the truth is the idea of it was always a lot worse. I suppose i've seen it about a dozen times now. With the spiderwalk scene most of the times. Which is probably the worst....at least the first time because it's put in such an unexpected spot in the film....

I guess Ju-On scared me when i saw it in the theater too. I don't remember anything else really scaring me otherwise. I've never seen the ring but i saw Ringu.

It's weird how desensitized i've become considering that as a kid and teen i didn't think i was ever gonna be able to watch any horror. Seeing exorcist at 9? Fuck this. I would have been traumatized for life. My horror memories as a kid are just seeing maybe like 3 or 4 scenes of some horror films an they all stuck with me for years. Especially Poltergeist. Which one i saw as an adult i was like...really? this scared me?

Old 03-09-2015, 12:28 PM   #233
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Jeez, Poltergeist scared the hell out of me.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:28 PM   #234
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
Seeing exorcist at 9? Fuck this. I would have been traumatized for life.
yea well, there is one of the reasons why I haven't watched much horror films as an adult, I can't take it.

it's not like I would have watched any of these films as a child because I wanted to (besides The Birds) - that's what you get when you have an older brother "babysitting" you. The Exorcist put an end to that, though. I literally froze and eventually rattted him out.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:32 PM   #235
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I'm super susceptible to all things horror, but I am inexplicably drawn to it.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:04 PM   #236
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

that is weird to me. If horror made me feel as bad as it did when i was a kid i'd want nothing to do with it.

Anyway most horror i do end up seeing is bad because my gf has a thing for bad horror. It's comforting to her. So we watch a lot of it. I have a similar thing with bad action films but i don't subject her to them. It's like i know its shit and would never let anyone know i'm watching this, but there's something comforting in it. I guess because as a kid she watched bad horror films, and as a kid i watched bad action films. I find that if i think of my childhood friends it was often like that. They wanted to watch either bad action or bad horror. Sometimes bad comedies. But it always had to be bad. I'd be suspicious of kids who liked good films. Unless by accident.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #237
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I think it has to do with adrenaline.
horror films give me an adrenaline rush in a rather safe way.

And yeah. I am a sucker for bad films too. But I like unleashing them unto my unsuspecting friends.
Busting out a Tekken movie on people who think they'll watch something fun is priceless

Old 03-09-2015, 01:46 PM   #238
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

yeah i don't process adrenaline properly i think. It's like i only did a rollercoaster once and never wanted to ever again.

Like i seriously considered looking that up, if there's actually people who can't handle adrenaline. Because i always felt like i couldn't. Anything that gives people a pleasant rush, for me it's like, no i feel awful and horrible, please make it stop.

Well except orgasms i guess...still i've been known to feel horrible right after.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:23 PM   #239
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

The Babadook A

The lead actress does a fantastic job. What a weird blend of heartache and horror. Cool.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:24 PM   #240
brutechinasky
Demi-God

Quote:
but the worst was The Exorcist, around 9.
same for me
the exorcist and suspiria are the ones that scar(r)ed me the most when i was a kid