Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2019, 08:33 PM   #1201
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

And I've never seen a movie with Emma Stone!

Old 02-07-2019, 08:40 PM   #1202
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

well that's just shameful

Old 02-07-2019, 11:16 PM   #1203
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I've seen Birdman and the shittier Spider-Man movies.

Old 02-08-2019, 01:36 AM   #1204
yo soy el mejor

now that is shameful

Old 02-08-2019, 02:47 AM   #1205
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Birdman wasn't bad, though

Old 02-08-2019, 03:04 AM   #1206
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Trey Parker & Matt

Old 02-08-2019, 04:28 AM   #1207
yo soy el mejor

Do the Birdman!

i can't sift through turds to find glitter, tho

Old 03-16-2019, 04:16 PM   #1208
redbreegull

Old 03-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #1209
buzzard
Minion of Satan

The kid should have stabbed him in the neck.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:20 PM   #1210
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Who dat

Old 03-16-2019, 04:22 PM   #1211
buzzard
Minion of Satan

That would be Australian Senator Fraser Anning

A special breed of Australian, hyper-racist, brain fried by the tropics, a literal redneck

Old 03-17-2019, 07:40 AM   #1212
Cool As Ice Cream

so what about them brexits, eh?

/standup

Old 03-17-2019, 09:15 PM   #1213
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Australia, amirite?

Old 03-18-2019, 08:21 AM   #1214
FoolofaTook

Smile

there is still hope for australia

Old 04-03-2019, 07:03 PM   #1215
Disco King
Minion of Satan

So, how about that Barr summary of the Mueller report?

On the one hand, it's weird as fuck to have all that circumstantial evidence of ties between the Trump administration and Russia, and for the investigation to apparently find nothing. Barr himself was writing op-eds about how he thinks the Justice Department should constrict funding so that the Mueller investigation would not have enough resources to conduct its work before he happened to be appointed by the guy being investigated as attorney general. He's also the same G.H.W. Bush attorney general who got Regean's cronies off the hook for the Iran-Contra affair. It's also strange that Mitch McTurtle is trying to ensure that the report isn't seen by Congress.

On the other hand, if the Barr report is really that big of a distortion of what's really in the Mueller report, it would be strange for Mueller to just stand idly by as his investigation is being misrepresented. It also wouldn't explain why there would be no further indictments after all that pressure on the people he did indict.

There's a range of theories on the connection between Trump and Russia, ranging from what I call the "Manchurian Candidate theory" (that Trump was "personally groomed" by Putin, and that Putin pulls his strings) to the theory that there is no connection at all. I never believed in the "strong theory," and have dismissed it as a conspiracy theory. But I did maintain that I thought there is reason to believe that there's been some quid pro quo between Trump and Russian officials and elites, and that government-connected Russian oligarchs to whom Trump is indebted probably asked for certain policies on sanctions and NATO operations in the region in order to have his debt forgiven. I've also always maintained that the bigger story would turn out to be a lot of the crimes Trump has committed in the past, which may not necessarily be connected to the current scandal, but would fall under Mueller's mandate to investigate any leads he came across in his investigation of Russian interference.

While I think Democrats should try to get the full Mueller report released, I also don't think they should pick the scandal as their hill to die on. Regardless of the outcome of that investigation, it was never going to save America from Trump. Democrats have to campaign on actual polices, and the media ought to pay more attention to actual policies, rather than just on the sensationalist stuff. Taxes, health care, the Saudi-Yemen conflict that the U.S. has participated in, immigration, etc. Despite his low approval ratings, Trump could certainly win re-election. The Democrats shouldn't hope to beat him through some criminal investigation, they need to actually get out the vote and beat him at the polls.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:10 PM   #1216
redbreegull

WaPo just published an article saying people on Mueller's team say that Barr substantially downplayed what is in the report. now reading

Old 04-03-2019, 08:11 PM   #1217
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Does anybody want to talk about Canada with me?

Anybody following the SNC-Lavalin scandal? I think it's pretty ridiculous that the Liberal Party is throwing Wilson-Raybould and Phillpott under the bus because Wilson-Raybould dared to expose how the prime minister's office was interfering in a criminal investigation for their benefit. Seeing as the party fell to third-party status after their last corruption scandal, I thought it would take more than a single term for them to get comfortable enough to do corrupt things again. Let it air out a little, guys.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:13 PM   #1218
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
WaPo just published an article saying people on Mueller's team say that Barr substantially downplayed what is in the report. now reading
Really? The guy who pardoned the Iran-Contra criminals? Him?

Clearly, the WaPo is #fakenews.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:21 PM   #1219
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Hey guys, the full report has been released. Barr's office has only redacted the most highly sensitive material in the interests of national security, but the rest is here:

Quote:
██ ███████, ██████████ ██ █ ████ ██ ██████████ ██ ████████ ████████ ██████████ ██ █ ██████ ██ ████████████ █████████ ████ █ ████████ ██ █████████, █████ ██ ███████ ███████ ███████. ██████████ ███ ███████ ████ ██████████ █████████ ███████ ███ ████████████, ██████ ██ ███ ████ ███████ █████████ ████ ███ █████ ██ ████ █████████.[█] █████████ ██████████ ██████ ████ ██ ██████-██████ ██ █████ ████████████ ████████ ████ ██ ██ ████████ ████████ ███ ████████ ████. ██████████ ██ ████ ███████████ ██ █████████████, ███████████, █████-██████ ███ █████ ██████.

██████████ ███ █████ ██ █████████ Russia. ██████████ ██████ ████ █████ ██████ ███████ █ █████ ██████ ██ ██████ (█████ ██████████),[█] ██ ██████████ ████ ███████ ███ ██████████ ██ █ █████ █████ (█████ ██████████), ███ ██████████ ████ ██ ██ █████████ ████ ██ ██ ████ ██ ███ ████████ █████████ ██ ███████, █████████ ██████████ ██ ███ ██ ███ ████████ ██ █████████ █████. ██████████ ███ █████ ███ ███████ ████████████ ███████████ █████ ██████ ████ ███████ █████████ ██ █████████ ███ █████████ ██ █ ██████ █████ ██ ███████ ██████ ███ ██████████. ██████████ ███████ ████ ████████ ████████ █████████ ███ ███ ███████ ███ ██████████ ██ ██████████ ███ █████. ██████████ ██ ███████ ██████████ ███ █████ ██████████ █████ ███ ████████ ████ ████-██████████.
████████

█ ██████ ██ ██████████
█.█ █████ ██████████
█.█ █████ ██████████
█.█ ████████ ██████████
█ ██████████ ██ █████████ ███████
█.█ ██████████/██████ ██████
█.█.█ █████████ ██████████
█.█.█ ██████ ██████████
█.█.█ ████████ ██████████
█.█ ██████████ ██ ███ █████████ ██████
█.█ ██████ █████ ██████
█.█ ██████████ ██ ████████
█.█ ██████████ ██ ██████████
█.█ █████████ ██████████
█.█ ████ ███ ████
█ ███████
█.█ ███████
█.█ ████████████, █████ ███ █████
█.█ █████
█.█ █████████ ███ █████████
█.█ █████████ ████████
█.█ ██████████
█.█ █████ ██ ██████████
█.█ ██████████, ████████ ███ ███████████
█ ██████████ ███ ████████ ██████
█ ██████ ██ ██████████
█.█ ██████████ ██████████
█.█ █████████ █████ ███████ █████████████
█ ████-██████████ ██████████
█ ██████████ ███████
█ █████ ██████████
█.█ ████████ ██ █████ ██████████
█.█.█ ███████ ███████ █████████ ██ ██████████████ ████ █████████ ████ █████
█.█.█ "████████" █████ ██████████: ███████████ ███████ ███████ █████████
█.█ █ ███████ ██████████ ████
█ ██████████ █████████ ██ █████████████ ███ █████████ ███████
██ ███ ████
██ ██████████
██ ███████ ███████

██████ ██ ██████████
█ █████████ ██ ██████ █████████ ███ ██████ ██ "████ ███ ██ ██ ██████████".
██ ████-██████████ █████████ ██ ███ █████ ████ ██████, ███████ ██ █████. ███ ████, ██████████ ████ ██████, █████: "████████, ███'█ █████ ███████ ██████████ ██ ███ ███████", ███ "████ ██ ████████ ████ ██ ██ ████████ ████ ██ ██████████ ███████████, █ ███ ██████ ██ ███ ████████████ ██████ ███ █████ ██ ██████".

███████ █. ██████,[█] █ █████████ ██ ████████, ██████ ████ █████████ ██████████ ██ ███ ████████████ ███ ██ ██████ █████ ██ ███████ █ ███████ ████████. █████████ ███ ██████[█] ███████ ██████████ ██ ██ ██████ ██ (█) ████████ ███████ (█) █ ████ ██ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ █████ (█) ██ ████ ██ ██ ███ ███ █████████ ███████ ███████ █████ (█) ███████ ███ ███████, █ █████ █████, ██ ████ (█) ██ █████ ███ ███████ █████ ███ █████████. ██████ ████████,[█] ████ ███ █████ ████, ███████ ███ ███████ ██ ███████ '█████ ██████████' ██ █████ █████ ██ ██████ ██████ ███ ████████ ██ ███ ███—██ █████ ████ █████ █████ ████ ███ ███████ ██ ████ ████ ███ █████ ██████████. ███ ██████ ██ ██████████ ██ ██████████████ ██ ██ ████████ █████ ███ ████████████ ████, █████ ███ ███████ ███ ████████ ███ ███████.[█]

███ ████████ ████ ██ ██████ Russian █████████ ██ ███ ███████ ████████ █████████ ███████ ████ ██████████ ██████ ███████████ ██ ██████ ████ ███ ███████████ ███████ ████████████ ███████ █████ ████ ████████████ ███ ██████ ████ ███ ████ ██.[█]

██████████ ███ █████ ██ █████████ ██████. ██████████ ██████ ████ █████ ██████ ███████ █ █████ ██████ ██ ██████ (█████ ██████████),[█] ██ ██████████ ████ ███████ ███ ██████████ ██ █ █████ █████ (█████ ██████████), ███ ██████████ ████ ██ ██ █████████ ████ ██ ██ ████ ██ ███ ████████ █████████ ██ ███████, █████████ ██████████ ██ ███ ██ ███ ████████ ██ █████████ █████.

█ ██████ ██ ██████████ ███ █████ ████ ████ █████████ █████ ███ ███████ █████████ █████ ██ ██████████ ████ ██████████ ████████.[█]
█████ ██████████

█████ ██████████ ██████ ██ █ ███████ █████ ███ █████ █████ ██ ███ ██████████████ ███ ██ ██████ ████████ ████ ██████ █████████ ████ ███ ██████. ███ ███████, ██ ████ █████ ██████ ████ ██ ████████████ ███████, ██████ ████████, █████ █████████ ██████,[██][██] ███ ████ █████ ███████ ███ ██████████ ███████.
█████ ██████████

█████ ██████████ ██ ███████ ██ ██████████ █████████ ██ ███ ███████ ██████ ██ exonerate ██ █ ███ ████ ████████ ███████████ ██████████ ██ ███ █████████, █████ ███ ████████ ███████. ████ ██████████ ██ ████████ █████ ██ █████████ ████ █████████████ ██ ███████████ ███████████ ███ ████ ██ █████ ███████ ████████ ████████ ██ ██████████.[██]

███ ██████████ ██████ ██ ████ █████████ ██ ███████ ████ ███ ███████████, █████████ ███ █████████ ████████ ██ ██ ███████ ██ ███████ ███████████ ████████ ████ ███ ████ ███████ ██ █████ ██████████ ███ ██ █████ ████████████ ████ ███ ███████.[██]
████████ ██████████

████████ ██████████ (██ ███████ ██████████)[██] ██ ██████████ █████ ██ █████████ ███ ██ ███ ██████████ ██ ██ ████████████ ██ ███████. ██ ███ ██ ██████████ ████ ██████████ █████████ ██ ██████ ███ ███ █████████ ██████ ███ ██████.

███████ █████ █████████ ████████ shower ███████ ███████████ ██████████, █████████████ ██████; ████████████ ██████; ████ ██ ████████████; ███ ███; ███ █ ███████ ██ ████████.[██] ████████ ████ ██ ██████████ ███████ "███████, █████████, ███ ████████████" ██ █ ██████ █████ "██████████ ███████ ███ ████ ██████ ████ ███ █████████."[██] ████████ ███████████ ███████ ███████████ ███ █████████████ ████████ ██████████, █████████ ██ █████ █████ ██ █████ ██ ██████████ ██████████ █████ █████; ██ █████████ ████ ██ ███ ████-██████ ██████ ████ █████ █████.[██] ████ ████████ █████ ████ █████ ██ █ ████████ ████[█████████████ ██████] ██ ███████ ███████████ ██ ███████ ███████ ██████████ ██████████ ██ ██████████████ ███████████.[██][██]

Old 04-03-2019, 11:25 PM   #1220
buzzard
Minion of Satan

You really have to hand it to Barr for simmering a 400+ page document down to a sufficiently ambiguous jus in the space of a single weekend.

Old 04-03-2019, 11:27 PM   #1221
buzzard
Minion of Satan

On the plus, it sounds like Mueller has farmed a lot of his findings for the relevant jurisdictions to pick up and I like to think that all the gloating we witnessed was about as genuine as it looked.

Old 04-04-2019, 12:34 PM   #1222
Elphenor
Braindead

one has to wonder if the turtle is trying to bait dems into investing their political points into getting this full report

only for it to confirm what we all know but not with enough certainty to matter

Yeah Trump is a criminal but he's not getting removed by any method except getting the vote out in 2020

he is dangerously poised to get another term

Old 04-04-2019, 12:39 PM   #1223
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

At this point the goal is to drag his name through the mud as much as possible and expose him before the next election. I don’t think there’s any way they’d impeach him successfully, and I’m sure the democrats know that.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:48 PM   #1224
yo soy el mejor

Let's all donate to Bernie's campaign! Who's with me?!
!

Old 04-04-2019, 03:06 PM   #1225
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Increasingly Cocky Bernie Sanders Announces He Won’t Take Donations Over 27 Cents

Old 04-04-2019, 03:26 PM   #1226
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Right now, if you have a quarter and a nickel in the ashtray of your car out in the parking lot, give that to me, and I’ll give you three pennies back. That’s all I need to put the people back in charge of this country. But if you have any big glass jars full of change, save those for the Coinstar machine, because the presidency of the United States should never be for sale.
Had to read this in his voice. It’s perfect.

Old 04-11-2019, 03:39 PM   #1227
Disco King
Minion of Satan

So, I guess the Ecuadorian Embassy has given Assange up to UK authorities.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47891737

I'm not very happy with that. I don't even like Assange all that much and think that WikiLeaks has gone from an organization that published information to keep all power structures accountable to one that has a specific agenda against Assange's political enemies, but that doesn't change the fact that the reason the U.K. wants him so badly is on behalf of the United States, so that he can be persecuted for publishing information inconvenient for their government. It sets a dangerous precedent for the treatment of journalists who publish such information and threatens to silence whistleblowers. The charges seem to be mostly bullshit.

If it were just a matter of getting him to answer for the alleged rapes in Sweden so that those could be properly investigated, I'd be all for that. But that has never been why the authorities are interested in Assange.

Old 04-18-2019, 04:48 PM   #1228
Disco King
Minion of Satan

So apparently, though the Mueller investigation failed to find evidence of a criminal conspiracy between Trump and a foreign power (fair enough, I always held this as a real possibility), the stuff in there is pretty damning regarding Trump's attempts to stop the investigation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47983775

But of course, if you're a Trump supporter, your only takeaway from this will be "NO COLLUSION."

Old 04-21-2019, 03:43 AM   #1229
Pillowhead
Oblivious Virgin

slowly i am starting to see

Old 04-21-2019, 12:50 PM   #1230
Elphenor
Braindead

lol Yang still sucks though