Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2002, 04:37 AM   #61
Andrew Fogelsong

Quote:
Originally posted by monto:
hmm aren't Fares and Jason Roth on good terms with Ed? not DDC1, but nonetheless a clone...
Yeah, they are, but he hasn't coughed it up yet. If he has, those two guys are hoarding it from me.

Andrew

Old 01-28-2002, 01:23 PM   #62
Halteh

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Fogelsong:
Yeah, they are, but he hasn't coughed it up yet. If he has, those two guys are hoarding it from me.

Andrew
Ed Davis is pretty busy. I don't think he's really interested in hoarding stuff from the SP community as he just lacks the motivation to make me copies of things. While he has promised me on various occasions that he will trade me, it just seems as though he never has the time to. Once I get all my shows on cdr and I get all those leet things from you Andrew I will devote all my time to looking for "rare" things.

So I found a whack of uncirculated recordings from a dood who wants a whack of cash. Who wants in?

------------------
"western conception of the world, with it's mcdonalds materialism, doesn't mean so much as family, life, and tradition" -bc
Fares Halteh - Halteh3 AT rogers DOT com733+ Trading Page

Old 01-28-2002, 01:57 PM   #63
Snail*

Quote:
Originally posted by Halteh:

So I found a whack of uncirculated recordings from a dood who wants a whack of cash. Who wants in?
I'm in, as usual http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

Old 01-28-2002, 02:02 PM   #64
glued_on_wings

Quote:
Ed Davis is pretty busy. I don't think he's really interested in hoarding stuff from the SP community as he just lacks the motivation to make me copies of things. While he has promised me on various occasions that he will trade me, it just seems as though he never has the time to. Once I get all my shows on cdr and I get all those leet things from you Andrew I will devote all my time to looking for "rare" things.

What sort of amount of cash and what boots are we talking about here.. I may be in on it..

Rock On..

------------------
- I use music as some kind of weird salvation to get away from life... -
-We will miss you!! The Smashing Pumpkins (1988-2000) -

Sad Machines Audio Archive
Glued On Wings FTP

Old 01-28-2002, 02:05 PM   #65
SilverFhuck

Quote:
Originally posted by glued_on_wings:
What sort of amount of cash and what boots are we talking about here.. I may be in on it..

Rock On..
$1,000

Old 01-28-2002, 02:10 PM   #66
sarmatianus

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverFhuck:
$1,000
I'd be up for a portion of that. I e-mailed Fares, anyhow.

sarmatianus

Old 01-28-2002, 02:39 PM   #67
Halteh

no no, not $1000....we are talking closer to $160 here.

I have but a few problems here though. First thing is from what I can see, this guy has some shows that aren't circulated, but I question the veracity of all the dates he has, because some just don't make sense. ie. 9/1/92 - Berlin, the loft. They played the same venue the nite after that and spfc makes no mention of this date, could this infact be 9/2/92? So if I do go through with this I'd hope i have enough ppl so no one drops a lotta cash, and so I don't get flammed from ppl telling me its a show they already have or some shit! I prolly won't open this to ppl I don't know b/c I just don't have the patience to deal with anyone if this, for some reason, doesn't go as planned.

I think it's interesting to at least have the piece of mind in knowing what these shows are, and one's a master so that can only be better than what we have. I won't post the dates here, but if you are really interested in spending...say $10, email me.
Pay Pal only, as I'd like to get this money and blank dats out to him asap.

------------------
"western conception of the world, with it's mcdonalds materialism, doesn't mean so much as family, life, and tradition" -bc

[This message has been edited by Halteh (edited 01-28-2002).]

Old 01-28-2002, 02:45 PM   #68
sarmatianus

Quote:
I have but a few problems here though. First thing is from what I can see, this guy has some shows that aren't circulated, but I question the veracity of all the dates he has, because some just don't make sense. ie. 1/9/92 - Berlin, the loft. They played the same venue like 20 days later. That doesn't add up.
Yes, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time that people got dates mixed up. So we would already have that show (assuming it's the 1.26.92 show). Is there other material that clearly is uncirculated? Either way, I'm certainly willing to take a risk and kick in a few bucks.

sarmatianus

Old 01-28-2002, 03:11 PM   #69
Halteh

Quote:
Originally posted by sarmatianus:
Is there other material that clearly is uncirculated? Either way, I'm certainly willing to take a risk and kick in a few bucks.

sarmatianus
Yes, there is. I never did get an email from you, btw.

------------------

Old 01-28-2002, 03:16 PM   #70
sarmatianus

Quote:
Yes, there is. I never did get an email from you, btw.

Hmm...strange. I sent it about a half an hour ago, from my school account. No subject line, I believe.

I'll try again with the sarmatianus one, though. (Your e-mail is still the one listed in your profile, right?)

sarmatianus

[This message has been edited by sarmatianus (edited 01-28-2002).]

Old 01-28-2002, 03:57 PM   #71
Scoogs

I'll contribute. Even if it is something we already have, it's not a problem.

I emailed you.

------------------
Scoogs

Bootlist Updated 01.25.02

Zwan Taper's Forum

Old 01-28-2002, 04:04 PM   #72
glued_on_wings

IM on this yo...

Rock On..

------------------
- I use music as some kind of weird salvation to get away from life... -
-We will miss you!! The Smashing Pumpkins (1988-2000) -

Sad Machines Audio Archive
Glued On Wings FTP

Old 01-28-2002, 04:21 PM   #73
Walter2

I'd put up some cash for that, though i have never you'd paypal.

------------------
visit my awful trading page
and look at my new painting

Old 01-28-2002, 05:58 PM   #74
Halteh

ok ppl...i got a an abundance of replies. Expect a mass email some time soon. If I don't email you I'm sorry. I can only take so many ppl. The shows will get around really quick though, so don't worry about that.

Just please stop sending me emails.

------------------

Old 01-28-2002, 07:32 PM   #75
GhostChild

I'm hoarding Ed Davis from you all hahahahahahahahhaha

Old 01-28-2002, 07:39 PM   #76
Andrew Fogelsong

Quote:
Originally posted by GhostChild:
I'm hoarding Ed Davis from you all hahahahahahahahhaha
Things like that should not be joked about.

Andrew
np: Foo Fighters - Floaty
it's been a long time since I've listened to this album and it's still great!!

Old 01-29-2002, 12:22 AM   #77
autopsy

Cool

wow, i really am clairvoyant. right after my remark, all this babble of paying some damn hoarder comes into play. lol.

hoarders...ugggh.

and btw, fogelsong, could you please give me a simple yes or no the next time i AIM you asking to confirm the shows im sending you? ive had a pile of cd-r's sitting here for 3 days and im not 100% on exactly which ones you wanted. so let me know whenever yer not flooded with bullshit on there. aye.

------------------
Fuck the others, im GREAT to talk to!!

AIM - AnotherSpaceJam

Old 01-29-2002, 01:43 AM   #78
Andrew Fogelsong

Quote:
Originally posted by autopsy:
and btw, fogelsong, could you please give me a simple yes or no the next time i AIM you asking to confirm the shows im sending you? ive had a pile of cd-r's sitting here for 3 days and im not 100% on exactly which ones you wanted. so let me know whenever yer not flooded with bullshit on there. aye.
Well, I said no to your request to talk to me. Everytime you or TakenByAllie try to IM me, I'm busy so I keep hitting no. Back in the day, email worked, and I think it still does now. Try that out.

Andrew

Old 01-29-2002, 01:51 AM   #79
autopsy

Quote:
Well, I said no to your request to talk to me. Everytime you or TakenByAllie try to IM me, I'm busy so I keep hitting no. Back in the day, email worked, and I think it still does now. Try that out.

Andrew

haha. sheesh, whatever you say.
maybe IM'ing me with a "no" would have been more effective instead of ignoring it.
i didnt wanna talk, just wanted that simple question answered. go figure though.

yea, ill email you then. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/rolleyes.gif

Old 01-29-2002, 01:54 AM   #80
TheSacredAgeOfInnocence

Red face

Hmm I just say howdy http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

I never send requests to talk http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/wink.gif

HOWDY

Old 01-29-2002, 02:22 AM   #81
Smiley

Quote:
Originally posted by autopsy:
maybe IM'ing me with a "no" would have been more effective instead of ignoring it.
i didnt wanna talk, just wanted that simple question answered. go figure though.
but if he ignored your request to send a message then he didn't get the question, right?

------------------
"love does not always have to be quiet and graceful, it can be boisterous and loud and even rude, to shout above the din to be heard sometimes... if only to bring a little peace" -bc
http://www.suicidekiss.org

Old 01-29-2002, 03:56 AM   #82
Andrew Fogelsong

Quote:
Originally posted by Smiley:
but if he ignored your request to send a message then he didn't get the question, right?
Exactly. There's a setting on AOLIM where you can only allow users on your buddies list to IM you. When someone not on the list IM's you, a screen pops up asking if you want to accept the message from "Joe Blow" or not. Most of the time I say no.

Andrew

Old 01-29-2002, 07:07 AM   #83
autopsy

Quote:

of course. i have that thingy on too, but im always too curious to say "no" to them...heh.

sadly, most of the time i probably should. half the people that IM me just bullshit usually.

------------------
Fuck the others, im GREAT to talk to!!

AIM - AnotherSpaceJam

Old 01-29-2002, 07:43 AM   #84
klon21

Check this page. This guy has REALLY uncirculated shows: http://users.aol.com/mtbiker830/noframe.html

------------------
Bootlist (with rare shows): www.iespana.es/bystarlight/misdiscos.htm

Old 01-29-2002, 12:39 PM   #85
Andrew Fogelsong

Quote:
Originally posted by klon21:

Check this page. This guy has REALLY uncirculated shows: http://users.aol.com/mtbiker830/noframe.html

I haven't seen his list in a while. The problem is that they're all on analog, and there are many unknown gens there too. That list I posted is all clones or 1st gen. Much better stuff.

Andrew

Old 01-29-2002, 02:22 PM   #86
Smiley

Quote:
I haven't seen his list in a while. The problem is that they're all on analog, and there are many unknown gens there too. That list I posted is all clones or 1st gen. Much better stuff.
Yeah but there's some nice stuff on this list too...

1/14/97 - Sioux Falls, SD - DAT->ANA(?)... spfc only lists an ANA recording

1/25/97 - New Haven, CT - MD->ANA(1)... spfc only lists an ANA and a DAT. who knows, this might be good.

1/29/97 - St. College, PA, US - "2nd from DAT master A-"... spfc only lists an ANA

4/5/94 - Little Rock - "2nd from analog; *I will only trade copies of this for shows that I feel are rare*"... spfc has recording info but no known setlist... he has a setlist up on his page and rates the quality as a C.

If this guy really isn't into trading anymore then it would be tough to get him to copy stuff... maybe we should just offer him some $$ for a few of his tapes. If he doesn't trade anymore, then he might not care.

------------------
"love does not always have to be quiet and graceful, it can be boisterous and loud and even rude, to shout above the din to be heard sometimes... if only to bring a little peace" -bc
http://www.suicidekiss.org

Old 01-29-2002, 02:56 PM   #87
Snail*

Quote:

1/14/97 - Sioux Falls, SD - DAT->ANA(?)... spfc only lists an ANA recording
Nope, I borrowed the master over the summer, it's ANA.

Quote:

1/25/97 - New Haven, CT - MD->ANA(1)... spfc only lists an ANA and a DAT. who knows, this might be good.

1/29/97 - St. College, PA, US - "2nd from DAT master A-"... spfc only lists an ANA
I can't say for sure on these two...but, I'm skeptical.

Quote:

4/5/94 - Little Rock - "2nd from analog; *I will only trade copies of this for shows that I feel are rare*"... spfc has recording info but no known setlist... he has a setlist up on his page and rates the quality as a C.
Been circulating for awhile now...at least a year.

Old 01-29-2002, 04:39 PM   #88
Andrew Fogelsong

Quote:
Yeah but there's some nice stuff on this list too...

Okay, PJ took care of the others.

1/25/97 - I highly doubt it was MD. Was MD even out at this time? That's not the point. Of the shows you just listed, this is the only one worth getting.

1/29/97 - I ask you to look at my list as well as a few others. We have anaM>DAT.

Andrew

Old 01-30-2002, 12:22 AM   #89
distance

Quote:
1/25/97 - I highly doubt it was MD. Was MD even out at this time? That's not the point. Of the shows you just listed, this is the only one worth getting.
from your bootlist:
08.31.94 Gorge George, WA CDR MD /AUD/2 080/07 MD>ANA2>CDR ECM-909a>MD

so yeah... md was around in 97. i think it's been around since 91/92 or so.. not quite as long as dat, but of course early md was bad.

Old 01-30-2002, 12:42 AM   #90
autopsy

Quote:

Andrew
eh. i could easily get an ana2>cdr of it if the guy would just reply to my freakin emails. http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

im thinking thats going to be obsolite within the next couple months anyways tho.