Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2016, 11:23 AM   #1
LeLoup
Pledge

Default VIP Experience?

Who else here is going to/has gone to the VIP experience this tour? Wondering what to expect in terms of length, vibe, how much earlier it is than the show, etc. So far they haven't sent any instructions. I've seen a couple of setlists so far but not sure if he mixes them up at all as the two I saw were the same.

Also, before I waste his time asking this during the Q & A - does anyone know if it is pronounced DIA as it sounds or if it is pronounced as initials? Just weird not knowing how to say my fav song from that album out loud.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:27 AM   #2
glass85
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeLoup View Post
Who else here is going to/has gone to the VIP experience this tour? Wondering what to expect in terms of length, vibe, how much earlier it is than the show, etc. So far they haven't sent any instructions. I've seen a couple of setlists so far but not sure if he mixes them up at all as the two I saw were the same.

Also, before I waste his time asking this during the Q & A - does anyone know if it is pronounced DIA as it sounds or if it is pronounced as initials? Just weird not knowing how to say my fav song from that album out loud.
You could use a signboard and write it.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:32 AM   #3
zbeast78
Ownz

Yeah that's prob my favorite song from Billy's solo album too. Strangely enough, I believe it's pronounced Do·ri·an \ˈdȯr-ē-ən.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:51 AM   #4
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

On my car HD radio last week, 1979 came on, and the display said, "The Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 (nineteen-seventy-nine)".

SO at my next SP show, I'm going to keep yelling, "Play 'One Thousand, nine hundred and seventy nine!'" over and over and over.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:03 PM   #5
LeLoup
Pledge

Haha, nice. I should reference this during the Q & A. "Billy, what was the inspiration for your song "One Thousand, nine hundred and seventy nine?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
On my car HD radio last week, 1979 came on, and the display said, "The Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 (nineteen-seventy-nine)".

SO at my next SP show, I'm going to keep yelling, "Play 'One Thousand, nine hundred and seventy nine!'" over and over and over.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:06 PM   #6
glass85
Demi-God

Or, if you prefer, for the song Six thousand, two hundred and thirty-four.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:50 PM   #7
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

you wanna poke airplane mode???

right on brother!

Old 03-28-2016, 06:29 PM   #8
thomas_bland
Ownz

Is it not Demver International Airport?

Old 04-03-2016, 05:31 PM   #9
Insight_Scoop
Demi-God

I'm pretty sure there is a thread somewhere else, but I can't find it so I'm going to piggyback off of this one. I still haven't received VIP instructions for the show in Philly this Friday. I called ticketmaster and they had no idea either. Are these instructions going to get emailed to me separately?

Old 04-03-2016, 06:10 PM   #10
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Can someone please ask about the Bowie cover of Moonage Daydream the Pumpkins supposedly made around the Siamese Dream era?

I've seem it mentioned a couple of times but Billy's never spoken about it as far as I know....

Would be pretty interesting to find out if it's real, it would have been a great track for them to have done then

Old 04-03-2016, 08:06 PM   #11
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Expect Being Beige and a bull shit Q&A session. And a room full of suckers.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:12 PM   #12
Zerospaced
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Can someone please ask about the Bowie cover of Moonage Daydream the Pumpkins supposedly made around the Siamese Dream era?

I've seem it mentioned a couple of times but Billy's never spoken about it as far as I know....

Would be pretty interesting to find out if it's real, it would have been a great track for them to have done then
They never recorded it, the whole project was scrapped.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:07 AM   #13
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Please correct me if I'm wrong - my perception was that it was recorded, but the project as a whole was scrapped before release - is there confirmation that it definitely wasn't thrown down in the studio?

http://www.spfc.org/band/studio.html?session_id=20

Old 04-04-2016, 06:57 AM   #14
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Who the shit cares anymore.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:20 AM   #15
Cool As Ice Cream

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong - my perception was that it was recorded, but the project as a whole was scrapped before release - is there confirmation that it definitely wasn't thrown down in the studio?

http://www.spfc.org/band/studio.html?session_id=20
Quote:
There is little to no information available on this recording.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:33 AM   #16
The Melty Man
Ownz

Wait, I mean, DIA!

Old 04-04-2016, 10:57 AM   #17
fanfan
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight_Scoop View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a thread somewhere else, but I can't find it so I'm going to piggyback off of this one. I still haven't received VIP instructions for the show in Philly this Friday. I called ticketmaster and they had no idea either. Are these instructions going to get emailed to me separately?
Expect instructions not earlier than 3-4 hours before the actual event (no, I'm not kidding, I've been through this), by email. Usually the VIP meeting starts not earlier than 4pm, not later than 6pm at or close to the concert venue.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #18
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

I thought it was rude for him to sit there signing posters while talking to the VIP crowd, at that one VIP gig, was it in SF? For $300 bucks he should be polite enough not to do that - it was rude. Where are B0llies Manners?

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/sla...l-original.jpg

Old 04-04-2016, 11:45 AM   #19
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
I thought it was rude for him to sit there signing posters while talking to the VIP crowd, at that one VIP gig, was it in SF? For $300 bucks he should be polite enough not to do that - it was rude. Where are B0llies Manners?

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/sla...l-original.jpg
The VIP experience in a nutshell:
* Billy sings a few acoustic songs
* Q&A (don't ask about Machina/James/Private life)
* Watch him sign a stack of posters

Got it.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:51 AM   #20
FoolofaTook

you missed the part where afterwards he counts all his cash monies and chuckles evilly at the ease with which his greed is satiated by the imbecile swine (sp.2 fans).

Old 04-04-2016, 12:29 PM   #21
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

While i appreciate him doing them, it is just a blatant cash grab. An easy way of making an extra 10 grand a night. i think its a brilliant idea, business wise. How about plaing an obscure b side to satisfy the troo0 fans that pony up the money? to play being beige is just a blatant 'i really dont care' move.

And was it true that he played a song in the VIP that they played at the show later that night? I might have read that somewhere.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:42 PM   #22
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

the VIP stuff is typical of what most acts are doing today. almost every band touring today has some kind of VIP package. Sometimes much more expensive than what bill is charging.

While i wouldn't bother paying for a VIP gig right now, I've been to VIPs in the past. There are always people that are willing to pay the extra money. It seems, though, that after 2012 bill stopped putting much effort into VIPs. Before firing Mikey and Nicole the VIPs typically saw the entire band do a few songs.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:53 PM   #23
Unicycle
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
you missed the part where afterwards he counts all his cash monies and chuckles evilly at the ease with which his greed is satiated by the imbecile swine (sp.2 fans).
You can like SP2 and not be retarded ya big JERK

Old 04-04-2016, 02:27 PM   #24
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Will second what was said up there re: getting the email shortly before the show. Their road manager will send it out day of. However, I didn't get it for some reason - but the other folks in line had gotten it. So, to be sure, I'd just get to the venue a few hours early and lurk around to make sure you don't miss the boat. In SLC they said that we would go in at 4:30 for a 5:00 VIP show, but we didn't end up going in until 5:30, and it started around 5:45. So plan on having less time than more between the VIP and the show itself.

As for the setlist - I kind of agree. It was awesome to see My Life and Times - as for the other two, I was actually more pleased to hear Being Beige than a song I don't know. Playing a brand new song in that setting is bogus. The Q+A was kind of cool at the SLC one, but at this point, being a tr00 fan and all, I had a tough time thinking of a question that I really wanted to ask him. Should have put more thought into it.

(Plus, the other guy that got there early asked the James question and took care of that one.)

Old 04-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #25
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

What is the name of their Tour Manager on this tour?

Old 04-04-2016, 02:52 PM   #26
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

Justin i think

Old 04-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #27
cork_soaker
full of longing

haha

Old 04-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #28
cork_soaker
full of longing

justin

Old 04-04-2016, 06:06 PM   #29
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Does Billy now the VIP-meetings the whole tour without other musicians?
Are the VIP tickets therefore cheaper than before?
What is Jeff doing then now...?

Old 04-04-2016, 06:10 PM   #30
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Does Billy now the VIP-meetings the whole tour without other musicians? What is Jeff doing then now...?
He's busy making bill's pre-show sandwiches