Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2014, 04:54 PM   #151
Elphenor
Braindead

I hope there's at least a couple of curve balls thrown onto this album. BB and this are both pretty straight forward.

I want a ODOH or a Glissandra

Old 11-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #152
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

this is alright. vocals are way improved. lyrics are ridiculous but they do sound like they have some passion i guess. more than usual.

i mean it's nothing special at all and lol @ best thing since adore (or even machina... or zwan...), but it's one of the better tracks since zeitgeist for sure

Old 11-05-2014, 05:01 PM   #153
T&T
Socialphobic

it's the best song since Being Beige.!
keep it up Billy Corgan. we love you!
please re-open the O-Board, we hate this netphorian cesspit of hate.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #154
dreams of glass
Apocalyptic Poster

At first the song sounded really weird to me, then I realized I had the bass turned all the way down.

I like it, even tho it is subdued, maybe? That chorus is classic pumpkins tho, overall the song has a cool vibe to it. That guitar bit sounds almost like Earth, all droney and buzzy.

I can see this song being cool live.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #155
Elphenor
Braindead

I think BB was released just so this would look great in comparison

Old 11-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #156
dodoz
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfighter28 View Post
It's not as bad as Being Bald.

I call it "Being belg-ian"
Because of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2qZ8h5xd7E&t=25s

Old 11-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #157
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I think BB was released just so this would look great in comparison
don't think so. BB is an actual single release to get radio play and promote the album. that didn't work, though. BBC music for example does re-runs of the Corgan interview and plays Cherub Rock instead of Being Beige. One and All is not a single, just a promo track.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:11 PM   #158
null123
Minion of Satan

These guitars are intrestin

Old 11-05-2014, 05:11 PM   #159
dodoz
Demi-God

7 previews to go, and we'll have the full album. I don't think it's the plan though.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #160
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
I do have some criticisms that the song is pretty relentless, man, we need some dreaminess, some slow-downs.
We need James

Even the slowdown in BB was shitty. Like there wasn't any dreaminess or catchiness or whatever, like during 'siamese twins...' or the tribal drum breaks during Ruby or the end of Hummer or anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ss View Post
I think it's unfair to compare anything to Geek USA. It's such money.

I really just miss the riffs. Somewhere, sometime, Billy decided to go for more melodies than riffs and it's a waste. He needs to start writing better guitar parts again.

What I miss, is that there's no groove. At the end of geek you just instinctively bob your head to the groove. Maybe that's a Jimmy thing but there ain't no groove here.
I agree with all of this

Last edited by Ram27 : 11-05-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:25 PM   #161
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

This sounds exactly like old Swervedriver

Old 11-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #162
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchris View Post
As for the haters why are they on a Smashing Pumpkings forum if they haven't liked anything since 2000? As for the song talking to them, maybe they are getting too old?
I love a lot of things post 2000

post 2003 is the issue

Old 11-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #163
SomaPhreak
Ownz

Post He Scores!

This is more like it. Zero EP goodness! I love the crunchy guitar and the vocal production. Welcome back death rock boy.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #164
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
I doubt Flood or any other producer has as much input as you think. Someone as stubborn as Billy is going to do what they want regardless. Flood helped him achieve the vision he already had at a sonic level, I doubt he had much to do with arrangements of songs and such. Billy has pretty much always been the producer.
Billy has gone on record to say how much influence Flood (and Alan Moulder) have had on those records. Those two producers are a class of their own and are probably two of the only people that knew how to produce Billy's work, and Billy for that matter, but it certainly helped that Billy had great respect for them and the albums they produced.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:41 PM   #165
PistolPete
Pledge

Needs a good wrasslin' video.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #166
Ram27
dumb

The 'general public' seems not to like it either

lol at these youtube comments

Quote:
Tommy's drums sound no different than anything your last drummer would do (as with the last single). Pretty laughable to hear this is the type playing that makes you "jump up and down in the studio". Billy, you're tea-bagging all of us, literally. Go take some acid and disappear for awhile before recording anything please. 
Quote:
Ever since Billy's solo album, his vocals have been different.

Im sorry, Billy, but you lost me after Zwan. You've written infinitely better music than this

It's missing Jimmy's hi-hat sizzles and superior drumming. Disappointing.
Quote:
Best music, guitars and drums in years. But Billy's singing style and bad voice sound production ruin a lot.

I like it better than anything in 10 years, but please make the voice not so bright and loud and change your singing style BC, and I'm definitely going to say 'Hell, ya!' to your next single.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #167
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

I just can't stand the way he sings nowadays... not really the actual sound of his voice, but the conviction behind it.
Like he doesn't actually believe what he is saying.
Just going along with the track with no real emotional attachment to the words.
The music is not bad, but the lackadaisical vocals really kills the energy and impact of the music.
Maybe Billy needs the infighting and problems with James and D'Arcy back, maybe it helped him transmit the passion for his music through his vocals.
But so far, the first couple of tracks are just really bland.
I'm not expecting some heavy chugging "Fuck You" vibe, just make me feel like you actually believe in the music you're performing and the lyrics you're spouting out.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #168
spacey raygun
Ownz

the riff/tone reminds me of the viper a little.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #169
null123
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
This sounds exactly like old Swervedriver
Yea. I've been listening to Mezcal Head a lot lately so maybe I was primed to like this song from the start

Old 11-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #170
null123
Minion of Satan

Hello guests

Old 11-05-2014, 06:17 PM   #171
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

The experience of listening to new music from BC while hearing all of the biased comments and preconceived notions that people have is really unpleasant. I prefer to listen and not have my opinion colored by someone else's judgments. Not reading anymore of this crap till after the album is out. Peace out niggazzzz

Old 11-05-2014, 06:35 PM   #172
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
The experience of listening to new music from BC while hearing all of the biased comments and preconceived notions that people have is really unpleasant. I prefer to listen and not have my opinion colored by someone else's judgments. Not reading anymore of this crap till after the album is out. Peace out niggazzzz
For Christ's fucking sake, some of you are getting so fucking tedious.

You're making asinine assumptions, you're basically upset because you can't make your own decisions or determine what you like on your own, and somehow that's other peoples fault. Really take some time and think about why it bothers you so much that not everyone likes this song, really think about why that would somehow diminish your own enjoyment of it. Think about what that says about yourself and then, kindly, fuck off.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #173
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Lololol, why would that dummy come to a msg board and think he wouldn't be reading other peoples opinions? It is like going to the zoo and getting mad when you see caged animals.

Also, I blame this stupidity from fans on Corgan, he always rewards this type of mindless fan. After all, who is buying his tea packages.

Billy's sycophant fans are worse than his songs.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:45 PM   #174
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Even monte is capable of reading this board and thinking what bill wants. I have seen fans worse than monte out and about on fb etc.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #175
T&T
Socialphobic

does monte even like new SP?

Old 11-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #176
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't know, but monte isn't going nuts claiming this song an instant classic.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #177
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
Lololol, why would that dummy come to a msg board and think he wouldn't be reading other peoples opinions? It is like going to the zoo and getting mad when you see caged animals.

Also, I blame this stupidity from fans on Corgan, he always rewards this type of mindless fan. After all, who is buying his tea packages.

Billy's sycophant fans are worse than his songs.
It's amusing to me that they don't even seem to realize they're harassing people for not agreeing with their opinion (or maybe they do realize but they don't understand what's wrong with that), meanwhile you don't see people who didn't like the song harassing or insulting others about liking it. I don't even have any strong feelings towards the song, I even mentioned that I like the tone and riff, but it pisses me off when the thought police come here and try and tell me what I should fucking think or feel about a fucking song.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #178
werideatdusk
Ownz

Quote:
i'm also going to announce that i will soon be announcing some news regarding reading posts online. stay tuned!

Old 11-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #179
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

One of my sp fan friends lost one of his sp fan friends because he didn't like being beige. They flipped out because he critiqued the song, told him art wasn't supposed to be critiqued. They are now criticising anyone who criticises Billy but don't realise they are being a hypocrite. They believe they are being positive.

Even Monte doesn't do this.

The reason this is happening is because corgan had a convo at the tea house where he whined if people didn't like the music or buy the music he would stop making music. This is why there is a mob mentality that is worse than before.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:03 PM   #180
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

If they were fans of Billy they would know that that's an empty threat, one he has uttered multiple times over the years no less. He always finds his way back to music in some form or another, even if he takes another break he'll still come back to making music. It's just what he does. What is he going to do, turn to his "successful" wrestling and tea shop business? Or his career as a world class novelist or playwright? He's a musician through and through, it's just what he was meant to do.