Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2010, 03:27 AM   #61
danondorf
Ownz

Unbelievable show. Mike Byrne is amazing. He brings so much raw energy that you can tell Billy *has* to bring his A game to match the intensity of the rest of the band. I honestly have to say that I enjoyed this show more than both 20th Anniversary shows at the Gibson. Some incredible potential with the lineup of Billy, Mike, Mark, Jeff and the occasional Carina Round (who was amazing on her own too). The new songs sounded great too. We also got the Teargarden boxset today as a surprise after the show; a month or so early. That's true fan service right there........SP3>SP2......I'm calling it now.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:33 AM   #62
danondorf
Ownz

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh sh shayne View Post
Feel like a dumb fuck now. OH well atleast billy finally got something right.
Yeah, you should.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:34 AM   #63
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Hey, danondorf... what is in the EP?

Old 04-18-2010, 03:44 AM   #64
ToTheAtom
Pledge

That version of Soot and Stars seems pretty special. I sincerely hope a quality recording emerges.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:47 AM   #65
danondorf
Ownz

Instrumental theme on the vinyl, I haven't even opened it yet. 4 songs on the CD, so I'm guessing just one side is used on the vinyl and the other could be etched (though it doesn't say). They had us bring our receipts to the show; though they weren't needed to get in.....just the wristbands were needed. Had us scratching our heads as to why we had to bring 'em until we were told about the surprise. I feel sorry for the few who left their receipts in their cars (saw a few people forget them). So maybe out of the 250 that were available, I'm guessing 230 or so were actually given out. The poster is really nice, really surprised with the quality.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:08 AM   #66
Springbridge
Ownz

Look at that washed up has been on stage, doesn't know what he's doing anymore.

By the way is there audio of this show? I see many cameras in the crowd, I'm sure someone recorded it using audio equipment.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:32 AM   #67
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

Well, I'm officially moderately excited about the future of the band again. Based on the videos, this was everything anyone could have hoped for from the first SP3 gig. Billy played with passion, the choice cuts from old stuff were spot on and, finally, Mike Byrne started to show a lot of promise.

Now if we can finally get to hear some of those new A-level songs Billy promised.. Come on Billy, release something stellar and prove everyone wrong.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #68
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

So a couple of youtube clips containing 2 songs that are mostly corgan, and suddenly everyone is ready to say that he's back and ready to conquer the world again. You sad fucks are so desperate for ANY fucking positive news that you'll convince yourself that a song with 3 words and some decent sounding youtube clips means Bill is back to the "90's" bill of old like some dumbass said earlier. All thats left is for davin to start talking about masterbating to how "tight" they sound, monte to annoy bill at another concert, and corganist to get his head out of corgans ass long enough to proclaim it the best fucking concert of all time.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:53 AM   #69
Marqués
Demi-God

I was quite impressed with his drumming on BBW.
Genuinely suprised.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:01 AM   #70
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

I really liked "Baby".

Old 04-18-2010, 05:06 AM   #71
chris1979
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty View Post
So a couple of youtube clips containing 2 songs that are mostly corgan, and suddenly everyone is ready to say that he's back and ready to conquer the world again. You sad fucks are so desperate for ANY fucking positive news that you'll convince yourself that a song with 3 words and some decent sounding youtube clips means Bill is back to the "90's" bill of old like some dumbass said earlier. All thats left is for davin to start talking about masterbating to how "tight" they sound, monte to annoy bill at another concert, and corganist to get his head out of corgans ass long enough to proclaim it the best fucking concert of all time.
Haha, you liked the clips too Maybe it's time to find something new where you can direct your negativity to so we don't have to read your stupid bullshit anymore that has bored us for 10+ years. Fuck off asshole.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:12 AM   #72
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Where the fuck did you get that I "liked" the clips. I called them decent. Theres really not much to really discuss. Stumbeline and Soot&stars were mostly corgan. The only thing to really judge was the drumming and he sounded decent. I'm not going to full on hate on something there wasn't really much to judge on. His "spirits in the sky" clips sucked balls. These, were not as bad. Still, a total of 4 clips does not mean Sp is "back".

How about you go fuck yourself and just because I didn't say they were "the worst fucking thing in the world" doesn't mean I liked them. Idiot.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:25 AM   #73
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
that's some pretty epic rockin' on ava adore.
the back to back guitarmonies got a laugh out of me

Old 04-18-2010, 06:27 AM   #74
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty View Post
suddenly everyone is ready to say that he's back and ready to conquer the world again.
Quote:
You sad fucks [...] convince yourself [...] Bill is back to the "90's" bill of old like some dumbass said earlier.
Hey asshole, don't lump everyone together under the pretext of what one dumbass says.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:06 AM   #75
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

clips sound pretty good. i really like a stitch in time and stumbleine sounded nice. god i haven't listened to that song in ages.

man if i was there it would have taken everything i had not to go up on stage and turn his had straight though

Old 04-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #76
vanitycrieswhy
Oblivious Virgin

holy crap this really surprised me...my expectations have been so low for everythin SP these days. soot n stars in one of my favorites. billy really rocked out the end of ava adore. i was shocked by byrne holdin his own on tristessa. i actually am hopeful for the future...i can't believe i'm saying that...

Old 04-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #77
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpaterra View Post
YouTube - Smashing Pumpkins Tristessa 04/17/2010

YouTube - The Smashing Pumpkins - Stumbleine (4-17-10)

Billy sounds as good in those as he ever has... and Tristessa sounds amazing. EVEN without jimmy....
He looks really happen when soloing on Tristessa.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #78
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Just watched the Bullet with Butterfly Wings video, that was really groovy. And Ava Adore sounded and felt lovely tbh.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #79
Caine Walker
Braindead

i really just don't like mike byrne's style of drumming, and that is going to forever taint any impression i have of any the older songs that they play going forward.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #80
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

TOM AND JIMMY SITTING IN A TREE, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #81
paranoid
Minion of Satan

are you guys fucking kidding? the drumming is a mess! sounds just as good and at times worse than any other dude playing along to smashing pumpkins tunes on you tube. he's fun to watch, sure.. but c'mon.

but this is how netphoria rolls. i remember the first paris show reading shit like 'this is the best the band has ever sounded! how could it be!' then we saw how that turned out. same dialogue for the 20th. amazing how quickly people will jerk off over any old school clip of pumpkins no matter what's going on.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:10 AM   #82
Caine Walker
Braindead

lol it's not amazing at all. people want this band to continue on, and they'll take it any way they can get it.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #83
Jesus Cambodia
Demi-God

Yeah, well welcome to the internet, paranoid. A sequence of instant reactions, OH MY! My instant reaction was that this band sounded fucking awesome yesterday. The last two teargarden songs weren't great, but they are decent and likeable. I think it shows that Bill has some magic left in him.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:14 AM   #84
paranoid
Minion of Satan

well it's amazing the usual bashers are impressed by this.. like that's what it takes? some kid hitting the hell out of the kit, playing a billion fills and making an o face? and billy playing a song he hasn't played since 1994? sheesh.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #85
Caine Walker
Braindead

this is the world we live in, paranoid.

wha-O-oh.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:21 AM   #86
Jesus Cambodia
Demi-God

Plus there didn't seem to be any stupid shit going on, i.e. stupid fucking costumes. It's hard to believe something so superficial matters so much, but it does matter. Maybe he's finally gotten all the douchebag whacko bullshit out of his system.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #87
Jesus Cambodia
Demi-God

I don't see what the problem is. When they do something good they should be applauded, when they do something retarded they should get ripped on. It's not a complicated pattern...

Old 04-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #88
Caine Walker
Braindead

imagine what would happen if corgan pulled out Whir. he's playing the old shit to demonstrate that, "yes, this is still the smashing pumpkins." there are just a lot of people who still buy that.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #89
Jesus Cambodia
Demi-God

Yeah you're right about that, and it works. I don't have a problem with it. The songs sounded good, what's to complain about? The new stuff? I think the new stuff is listenable, and that's good enough for me. They aren't the best songs EVAR, but it's new music that I will listen to and that's saying a lot.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #90
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
some kid hitting the hell out of the kit, playing a billion fills
he's there to replace jimmy. what do you expect?