Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2019, 09:45 PM   #61
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
The writers for this show have nothing but contempt for their audience. Every scene with Euron is trash. And of course he was on a boat and landed his first shot with a ballista. Dumb. Why did Missandei even get captured? These writers really enjoy disposable brown characters.
I think Missandei had to die so Dany can more realistically make her heel turn. Tyrion is useless so what’s to stop her? Varys is already gone. So. I think it makes sense on that level.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:46 PM   #62
Eulogy
huh

And jfc the people obsessing over it while also hating it is also kind of exhausting. It’s not like there’s a book narrative to complain it to.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:48 PM   #63
Eulogy
huh

It’s a show about war planned with chips on a map and zombies and dragons it’s just not that serious (and imo never was)

Old 05-09-2019, 05:05 PM   #64
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Old 05-09-2019, 05:06 PM   #65
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
I think Missandei had to die so Dany can more realistically make her heel turn. Tyrion is useless so what’s to stop her? Varys is already gone. So. I think it makes sense on that level.
Oh yeah Cersei defying her and killing her forces again and again and again meant nothing BUT ONCE MISSANDEI GOES NOW IT'S MADNESS TIME. Give me a break. It's assuredly what they'll say triggered her to become a maniac but it's a lame manufactured last-second excuse, just like it's been for a couple seasons now.

Old 05-09-2019, 05:55 PM   #66
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

well that was kind of her bff

Old 05-09-2019, 07:25 PM   #67
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Oh yeah Cersei defying her and killing her forces again and again and again meant nothing BUT ONCE MISSANDEI GOES NOW IT'S MADNESS TIME. Give me a break. It's assuredly what they'll say triggered her to become a maniac but it's a lame manufactured last-second excuse, just like it's been for a couple seasons now.
are you complaining that a show about a fictional world that includes magic, dragons and ice zombies is somehow not realistic?

Old 05-09-2019, 07:27 PM   #68
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
battle of the mad queens

Old 05-09-2019, 07:29 PM   #69
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I don't understand why this is only 6 episodes? Seems like turning Daeny evil could have used half a dozen or so episodes of 50 min each.

George RR will probably write 900 pages on it..

Old 05-09-2019, 07:31 PM   #70
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

LOL no he won't we'll never see that book he's old and not gonna finish

Old 05-09-2019, 08:29 PM   #71
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
No. It’s that there’s no one to counsel her.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:33 PM   #72
Eulogy
huh

I thought noting that Tyrion was useless made that point pretty clear but I guess not

Old 05-10-2019, 12:16 AM   #73
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
It’s a show about war planned with chips on a map and zombies and dragons it’s just not that serious (and imo never was)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
are you complaining that a show about a fictional world that includes magic, dragons and ice zombies is somehow not realistic?
i hate it when ppl come up with this in GoT arguments like it's a full house tho, because it's clear that what made this show so good was that it was able to tell a fantastical story in a very realistic, gritty way that made earthly sense

Old 05-10-2019, 12:17 AM   #74
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
So there is no limit to bad writing because something involves magic? There are zero rules and nobody should be rational and incredibly unlikely things should happen?

Old 05-10-2019, 12:22 AM   #75
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

There’s a difference between fantasy and nonsense. The videos I posted that no one watched make it clear we’re being given utter nonsense this season. But by all means, enjoy the comfort of your unwavering positions that sudden spells of uncharacteristic forgetfulness cause Dany to deliver Misandei to Cersei perfectly.

Old 05-10-2019, 12:24 AM   #76
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

with that said, even though Dany's progression definitely feels rushed the last few episodes, mainly due to the half assed writing, i thought the way they'd been setting it up for a long time now was actually pretty good.

and i just really like the idea of the character's trajectory, how for like 2/3 of the story she is being built up as the ultimate badass of the show and a truly deserving leader, and then slowly seeing how the power corrupts her. as a viewer, you are not often made to lose faith in a protagonist like that

Old 05-10-2019, 01:00 AM   #77
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

this comment made me laff

Quote:
It took the wights less than two seconds to kill the entire Dothraki army, but they were dry humping Jaime and podrick against the wall for an hour

Old 05-10-2019, 01:12 AM   #78
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Duo are you gonna ignore this

Old 05-10-2019, 01:13 AM   #79
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i hate it when ppl come up with this in GoT arguments like it's a full house tho, because it's clear that what made this show so good was that it was able to tell a fantastical story in a very realistic, gritty way that made earthly sense
There are certain shows I enjoy reading and thinking about. This isn’t and has never been one. I like to watch it. Different strokes etc

Old 05-10-2019, 01:15 AM   #80
Eulogy
huh

Just watch Chernobyl instead. That is some wild stuff.

Old 05-10-2019, 07:36 AM   #81
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Still really enjoy it :/

Old 05-10-2019, 07:38 AM   #82
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
Still really enjoy it :/
Same. Yeah it’s moving really fast, but honestly I wouldn’t really want this stuff stretched out too much further.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:24 AM   #83
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Duo are you gonna ignore this
There is no explanation for anyone’s actions at this point, so I’m not going to argue over invented motivation created by viewers to explain nonsense. You’re adding explanation and rationality where there is none. Dany was told about the Iron Fleet, her dragons were wounded before by ballista fire, the fleet stopped her forces TWICE before this, and now suddenly she forgets even though IN THAT VERY EPISODE SHE WAS TOLD ABOUT THE FLEET. Bad writing is the explanation, period.

Again, I’m not going to lay it out if y’all refuse to open your eyes to the fact that the writing is off the rails. There are like 40 examples per episode of characters acting hyper-irrationally and things happening that break rules established earlier in the show’s universe. So it’s just too much bullshit for me to tackle. It took that guy 30 minutes to go through all the BS in one episode. I think that’s sufficient detail, and I’m not going to rehash it for you.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:31 AM   #84
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Smile

"her dragons were wounded by ballista fire"

--a grown ass-man

Old 05-10-2019, 08:35 AM   #85
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Unhappy

Yeah, if I care about something I’m a loser. Got it. Big nerd here. Guess I should be the subject of ridicule. That’s what adults do, laugh at people for being passionate about things, especially when those things go south and end up being awful. Feels great.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:43 AM   #86
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Old 05-10-2019, 08:59 AM   #87
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I was just joking. I read Dunsany, play Starcraft, and listen to OM. Who am I to judge?

Old 05-10-2019, 09:17 AM   #88
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
There is no explanation for anyone’s actions at this point, so I’m not going to argue over invented motivation created by viewers to explain nonsense. You’re adding explanation and rationality where there is none. Dany was told about the Iron Fleet, her dragons were wounded before by ballista fire, the fleet stopped her forces TWICE before this, and now suddenly she forgets even though IN THAT VERY EPISODE SHE WAS TOLD ABOUT THE FLEET. Bad writing is the explanation, period.

Again, I’m not going to lay it out if y’all refuse to open your eyes to the fact that the writing is off the rails. There are like 40 examples per episode of characters acting hyper-irrationally and things happening that break rules established earlier in the show’s universe. So it’s just too much bullshit for me to tackle. It took that guy 30 minutes to go through all the BS in one episode. I think that’s sufficient detail, and I’m not going to rehash it for you.
you speak absolute truth itt

i just also get ppl not wanting to hear why their mcdonalds is fuckin trash cuz it tastes actually kind of alright

Old 05-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #89
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I was just joking. I read Dunsany, play Starcraft, and listen to OM. Who am I to judge?
Worst. Episode. Ever.

Old 05-10-2019, 04:58 PM   #90
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
This is a really good point, and I think a few more episodes or even one gradually emphasizing this theme would have been beneficial. It's probably what the writers were going for if we're giving them the benefit of the doubt, but as depicted it is mildly implicit at best. Suddenly GoT seems to be following the Star Wars blueprint for the hero's fall arc. And by that I mean the protagonist who falls suddenly becomes an idiot with nebulous and inconsistent motives.

I found this interesting: