Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2017, 08:26 PM   #181
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

HEY VIX SEE THIS YOU ONLY HAVE TWO FUZZY SAYS ITS OK ONLY TWO KIDS THAT CAN HAPPEN

Old 07-22-2017, 08:28 PM   #182
Cool As Ice Cream

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2017, 08:29 PM   #183
fuzzyroes
Banned

I've been seriously suicidal at differing times in my life but I just couldn't do it because of the loved ones who it would devastate and I don't even have any kids. (At this point in my 30's? I wouldn't consider it for a second. Too amazed by the universe, world and life in general) This guy commits to having 6 children and decides he's had enough? Guys a quitter. Fuck that shit.

We as a society need to stop romanticizing and glorifying these people who kill themselves. It sets an awful precedent for the youth. It's this real problem in our culture that we don't express love for people until they off themselves or die of natural causes. It's a cancerous way of appreciating people.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:00 PM   #184
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I just wanna take a moment to say to all of the other troubled, lost souls among me that I personally appreciate and respect you all for trudging on and making the best out of life despite all of our own unique detrimental circumstances.

We fight the good fight, we don't curl up and give up because of our mental illness or the pain we've suffered and we keep on going on, living to see another day in a noble effort to some day prevail. Our efforts are noble and we're not gonna succumb to the sadness that we feel. We're in control of our own thoughts and we will use the power of positive thought and mindset to take joy in whatever pleasures we can find no matter how small or menial.

Lifes a miraculous thing and I commend all of you for embracing it.

Godspeed

Sincerely,

Fuzzy
These are noble sentiments Fuzzrod

Old 07-22-2017, 09:08 PM   #185
Bread Regal
Banned

no they're not but whatever

Old 07-22-2017, 09:13 PM   #186
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty sp View Post
These are noble sentiments Fuzzrod
Yeah man, we as a society gotta learn to applaud the people who prevail through adversity rather than those who give up.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:24 PM   #187
Bread Regal
Banned

"give up"

fuck you

Old 07-22-2017, 09:26 PM   #188
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
All your grounded, compassionate, nuanced marvellous opinion means jack shit when the end result is we get a shitty "I wish X person would kill themselves" joke/comment.

So whatever, I really do not care what you think, say or feel. So leave me alone.
The 'leave me alone" bit is completely psychotic of you and I will forever think you of you as a psycho and a name caller floor stomper.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:27 PM   #189
noyen
Immortal

hey guys sorry all you got out of this suicide was my comment, here at the center of the universe.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:34 PM   #190
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Yeah man, we as a society gotta learn to applaud the people who prevail through adversity rather than those who give up.
I think it's mainly an addiction to celebrity

Old 07-22-2017, 09:43 PM   #191
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I realised late last night, well, at 3am that I was reacting out of anger and hurt and saying terrible things.

So, I just wanted to say that after the dust settled, it turns out I don't think he's selfish.

I'm sorry for what I said.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:46 PM   #192
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I'm not ready to learn how to stop clapping for this guy who is giving up trying to use that barbecue skewer as a lockpick for the car he locked his keys in.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:02 PM   #193
FoolofaTook

He gets drunk and aggravates ppl on a messageboard. Suicide! What a golden opportunity!

Go fuck yourself fuzzwad.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:04 PM   #194
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I realised late last night, well, at 3am that I was reacting out of anger and hurt and saying terrible things.

So, I just wanted to say that after the dust settled, it turns out I don't think he's selfish.

i appreciate it, vixnix (tone: sincere)

Old 07-22-2017, 10:11 PM   #195
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
He gets drunk and aggravates ppl on a messageboard. Suicide! What a golden opportunity!

Go fuck yourself fuzzwad.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:33 PM   #196
redbreegull

how da fuq dis got 7 pages

Old 07-22-2017, 10:55 PM   #197
Shallowed
Braindead

Shut the fuck up, fuzzy

Old 07-22-2017, 10:56 PM   #198
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Because it's Linkin Park, best band ever

Old 07-22-2017, 10:58 PM   #199
redbreegull

SHUT THE FACK UP FAZZY

Old 07-22-2017, 11:25 PM   #200
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post

fwiw that's not what i understood from your post anyway.

you were obviously upset, but i don't think pointing out that suicide CAN be selfish is wrong. because sometimes it may be, yeah. suicide is not sacred and one should still be able to express his complex feelings and thoughts on it. it's a decision a person makes that brings tragic consequences, but it is still a decision and it's okay to recognize the duality in it.

i mean i'm not here to be the great arbiter of what is 'correct' suicide or anything.

but my point is, we needn't "pick a side". you can have real compassion for a troubled person who ended himself because he was in pain, and also think the decision he made was hasty or reckless. that's how i see it, anyway.

Old 07-22-2017, 11:46 PM   #201
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!
And feel our love!

(Or to be more phonetically accurate: 'ca-maw an fee aloe, ca maw an fee aloe, fee aloe!')

Old 07-22-2017, 11:47 PM   #202
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!
Can you feel it glooooooooow!!?

Old 07-22-2017, 11:48 PM   #203
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!
Let's Go!

Old 07-22-2017, 11:57 PM   #204
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

six pack of Colt '45s

am i right?

Old 07-22-2017, 11:59 PM   #205
fuzzyroes
Banned

awhh man, you know me better than my own friends

Old 07-23-2017, 12:31 AM   #206
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
fwiw that's not what i understood from your post anyway.

you were obviously upset, but i don't think pointing out that suicide CAN be selfish is wrong. because sometimes it may be, yeah. suicide is not sacred and one should still be able to express his complex feelings and thoughts on it. it's a decision a person makes that brings tragic consequences, but it is still a decision and it's okay to recognize the duality in it.

i mean i'm not here to be the great arbiter of what is 'correct' suicide or anything.

but my point is, we needn't "pick a side". you can have real compassion for a troubled person who ended himself because he was in pain, and also think the decision he made was hasty or reckless. that's how i see it, anyway.
I've been thinking about this and I do agree that any human act is complicated and it probably can't be described by picking a side, as you say.

I was preoccupied with my own perception of it being selfish and BR rightly pointed out that I was being an asshole, doing that. Even if the act of abandoning your children is selfish, even if he did have resources at his disposal, obviously nothing was working for him in those final hours/minutes/days/whatever it was, and to ignore his suffering and describe him as selfish was callous and shitty way to react.

Considering how he must have been suffering made all that other stuff seem much less important.

Old 07-23-2017, 12:33 AM   #207
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
HEY VIX SEE THIS YOU ONLY HAVE TWO FUZZY SAYS ITS OK ONLY TWO KIDS THAT CAN HAPPEN
Quote:
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!
Trotsky will come and have a good laugh at me because I'm a dumb bitch getting what she deserves!! LOLOLOL!!!!!

Old 07-23-2017, 03:05 AM   #208
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

RIP Chester he was a guy in that band and was missed. Let'em RIP.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:41 AM   #209
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
i appreciate it, vixnix (tone: sincere)
I am really sorry also that I didn't thank you for replying. Thank you (tone:ashamed)

Old 07-23-2017, 05:45 AM   #210
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I'm glad this thread brought all of us a little closer together. it shows what netphoria's always really been about; love.