Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-02-2002, 12:02 AM   #1
Samsa
Banned

Default i don't listen to music

sometimes i download random shit like beethoven or hmm faith hill but yeah. i don't isten to music.

Old 11-02-2002, 12:02 AM   #2
Samsa
Banned

you know what? i'm probably like too mature to like indie rock shit or something?

ohhh that reminded me of something dammit. la boheme tickets.

Old 11-02-2002, 12:13 AM   #3
strange_one
No Chance

thanks, we really needed to know

Old 11-02-2002, 12:19 AM   #4
Finsta

i wish i were dead

Old 11-02-2002, 12:25 AM   #5
Samsa
Banned

yeah as we speak i'm downloading faith hill - free

i don't know why

and oh, strange_one, youd id need to know because it's interesting. because i read this thread and i'm all wtf? like 'last 5 albums you listened to' like you people actually have 5 albums you'v elistened to recently. i never listen to anything. maybe it's partly cuz i don't have a cd player here but seriously. and the now playing threads. or the like. 'best cds of 2002' or whatever. it's just crap to me i honestly don't care.

Old 11-02-2002, 12:27 AM   #6
strange_one
No Chance

Quote:
Originally posted by Samsa
and oh, strange_one, youd id need to know because it's interesting. because i read this thread and i'm all wtf? like 'last 5 albums you listened to' like you people actually have 5 albums you'v elistened to recently. i never listen to anything. maybe it's partly cuz i don't have a cd player here but seriously. and the now playing threads. or the like. 'best cds of 2002' or whatever. it's just crap to me i honestly don't care.
how is it interesting that you DON'T listen to much music? I fail to see...

Old 11-02-2002, 01:25 AM   #7
Samsa
Banned

umm. it's interesting that's all .like u people listen to music and i don't that's all

Old 11-02-2002, 02:50 AM   #8
Salena Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Finsta
i wish i were dead
i wish you were dead too!

Old 11-02-2002, 03:13 AM   #9
Mason R Butler
walks among us

Default Re: i don't listen to music

Quote:
sometimes i download random shit like beethoven or hmm faith hill but yeah. i don't isten to music.
We should get married.
Ventolinn signed off at 11:21:50 PM.

Old 11-02-2002, 03:15 AM   #10
Samsa
Banned

yep

Old 11-02-2002, 03:45 AM   #11
Mason R Butler
walks among us

Sweet. Can we do it now?

Old 11-02-2002, 06:54 AM   #12
nothing matters

Red face

i cant get through a day without hoobastank or incubus.

nice to know u! goodbye!

Old 11-02-2002, 05:21 PM   #13
sawdust restaurants
Fucking Creep

Arrow

Okay, the fact that you don't listen to a lot of music while pretty much everybody here does is perhaps a neat character trait of yours. Sure. But what is a thread about not listening to music doing on a board meant to discuss the music you don't listen to? Unless you meant to provoke a discussion about why people do and/or don't, which would be interesting but I don't think that's what you are getting at.

Old 11-02-2002, 06:35 PM   #14
Samsa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants
Okay, the fact that you don't listen to a lot of music while pretty much everybody here does is perhaps a neat character trait of yours. Sure. But what is a thread about not listening to music doing on a board meant to discuss the music you don't listen to? Unless you meant to provoke a discussion about why people do and/or don't, which would be interesting but I don't think that's what you are getting at.
cuz this is the music idscussion board and my post involves music and like. well mostly i was just here browsing and i see all these theadsa about music and it made me think so i posted it. why the fuck does it matter? seriously. does it mortally offend you that this post may be on the wrong board?

i mostly posted it here cuz people who go here DO listen to music and i thought it would be most interesting to direct this thread at them instead of the netphorian community at large

Old 11-02-2002, 06:36 PM   #15
Samsa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by killtheyouth
faith hill is about as immature as it gets (if you're discounting teen-pop.). crappy pop-country with trite lyrics is hardly deep.
umm. how about you sit at this webpage until some music starts playing. i promise you it will eventually. actually i don't think it will right now because i fucked up julio's website he exceeded his bandwith image. but i assure you, 'free' is a great song. and it's very mature too. anyways i just mentioned faith hill cuz it was the song i was downloading at the moment. i don't generally download faith hill. i normally download beethoven or bach or prokofiev or something.

Old 11-02-2002, 06:37 PM   #16
Samsa
Banned

Thumbs down

anyways the point isn't whether or not faith hill is mature or whether or not this is the wrong board, you people are so fucking dense.

the poitn is just i can't imagine people sitting around listening to cd after cd. especially like. yeah. i just can't imagine it. i know julio is going to be mortally hurt by this thread but who cares. i just don't get it.

Old 11-02-2002, 06:38 PM   #17
Samsa
Banned

and oh yeah, where faith hill comes in is that i don't really take music seriously. like sometimes i hear a song i like and i feel like listening to it but i hardly ever feel like listening to a whole album like straight through. it doesn't make sense to me. so if i feel like hearing a fiath hill song it's not cuz i totally like respect faith hill and want to listen to her cd, i just like that one song she played on snl and i felt like listening to it.

Old 11-02-2002, 06:41 PM   #18
Samsa
Banned

Quote:
and oh yeah, where faith hill comes in is that i don't really take music seriously.
actually an extension on this line of thinking is i just don't take 'pop' music seriously anymore i guess. i guess there are a few bands i still care about but yeah. i just can't take it seriously anymore. i'm turning into my parents.

Old 11-02-2002, 06:46 PM   #19
Samsa
Banned

Quote:
i can't believe anyone would waste their time by looking at a bunch of dumb paintings. i mean what gives, that's so lame. besides i don't even like most of them, i only like abstract art because realism is just too simplistic for me.
*sigh*

yeah you completely missed the point. it's not that i can't believe anyone would waste their time listening to indie rock music, because people obviously do and since they enjoy it i'm not going to disrespect them so much to call it a 'waste of time'. and since people obviously do listen to this stuff it's not a matter of 'i can't believe people would do this', because they obviously do. i'm not trying to be judgmental and saying they're stupid for being like that, it's just an observation about a certain behaviour that i can't fathom.

how come all my threads turn into me having to explain the original intent of my thread instead of just a discussion about what i posted? why are you people so stupid?

Old 11-02-2002, 06:48 PM   #20
Samsa
Banned

Arrow

it's because i'm not judgmental and you people are. you people can't fathom the concept of someone just being interested in different behavioural traits without the aspect of judging which is right thrown in. i'm not trying to imply that these people are immature or that they're lame, it's just an observation. holy shit. it's called being 'objective'.

Old 11-02-2002, 06:55 PM   #21
Samsa
Banned

Quote:
you said you were too mature for indie rock. if that's not condescending i don't know what is. Whatever your intentions, the connotation of your post came off as looking down your nose at people who listen to a type of music you dont listen to.

dont call us stupid for your inability to convey your own thoughts. your failure to get your meaning across reflects more poorly upon your own abilities of expression than it does upon us perhaps misinterpreting your posts.
helloooo considering the fact i'm a huge belle and sebastian fan i think it would be pretty obvious i was being nothing but jocular. if you're too stupid to know i'm a huge b&s fan or if you're too stupid to put 2 and 2 together, it's not my fault. i'm not your kindergarten teacher.

Old 11-02-2002, 06:55 PM   #22
tear stained glass
Minion of Satan

Talking

Quote:
why are you people so stupid?
Quote:
it's because i'm not judgmental and you people are.

Old 11-02-2002, 06:56 PM   #23
tear stained glass
Minion of Satan

Talking

Quote:
helloooo considering the fact i'm a huge belle and sebastian fan i think it would be pretty obvious i was being nothing but jocular. if you're too stupid to know i'm a huge b&s fan or if you're too stupid to put 2 and 2 together, it's not my fault. i'm not your kindergarten teacher.
We're stupid because we don't take the time to internalize what music you listen to?

Old 11-02-2002, 06:58 PM   #24
sawdust restaurants
Fucking Creep

Quote:
i mostly posted it here cuz people who go here DO listen to music and i thought it would be most interesting to direct this thread at them instead of the netphorian community at large
*shrug* Fair enough.

But yeah, you did say originally you were too mature for indie rock, which sounds condescending--just like kty said, it'd be the equivalent of me saying I'm too mature for Sartre or something, I don't know. And yeah, not everybody knows you like B&S.

But you've explained yourself now. So you're right. That should really be the end of the debate.

Oh ... most of the time when I'm sitting around listening to CD after CD/the radio it's because I'm doing work and I don't like doing it in silence.

Old 11-02-2002, 06:58 PM   #25
Samsa
Banned

anyways i totally give up. i'm never going to try to make an observation ever again because fucking morons always try to come in and turn impartialities into condescensions or whatever. i'm just fooling around. you people take shit way too fucking seriously. if i'm sounding condescending then you should know by now that it's tongue in cheek. nevermind.

i don't even know why i posted this fucking topic in the first place. i guess i was hoping some sane person would reply saying exactly how they have such an attention span or that when they listen to like 15 albums every day it's normally while they're reading or working or talking on the phone so it's not spent concentrating. or explaining what they think about while listening to these albums. but no. that would be too easy now wouldn't it.

Old 11-02-2002, 06:59 PM   #26
Samsa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by tear stained glass
We're stupid because we don't take the time to internalize what music you listen to?
you're stupid for assuming you know what i mean when you really don't. if you don't know me then you shouldn't make assumptions.

Old 11-02-2002, 07:00 PM   #27
Samsa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants

*shrug* Fair enough.

But yeah, you did say originally you were too mature for indie rock, which sounds condescending--just like kty said, it'd be the equivalent of me saying I'm too mature for Sartre or something, I don't know. And yeah, not everybody knows you like B&S.

But you've explained yourself now. So you're right. That should really be the end of the debate.

Oh ... most of the time when I'm sitting around listening to CD after CD/the radio it's because I'm doing work and I don't like doing it in silence.
so on the now playing threads do you people put music on just so you can reply? or are the np threads mostly what's happening on the radio? every once in awhile i stream my hometown radio on the internet that's always fun.

Old 11-02-2002, 07:01 PM   #28
sawdust restaurants
Fucking Creep

Quote:
i guess i was hoping some sane person would reply saying exactly how they have such an attention span or that when they listen to like 15 albums every day it's normally while they're reading or working or talking on the phone so it's not spent concentrating.
Edit. Saw post above.

Yeah, mostly I just put what I listen to in the **********. Like while typing this and playing rock and roll Jeopardy with Sean Casey, I just listened to Sleater-Kinney's One Beat in its entirety. Stuff like that.

Old 11-02-2002, 07:01 PM   #29
Samsa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by tear stained glass

some things are just obvious facts

Old 11-02-2002, 07:02 PM   #30
Samsa
Banned

Quote:

belle and sebastian are hardly the whole of independent music, and it's perfectly possible for someone to enjoy them and discard the rest. If you really were just joking than the whole post was a completely meaningless excercise. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were maybe actually trying to make a point (albeit a stupid one). Obviously I over-estimated your intellectual prowress.
or you overestimated my amount of caring or desire to make a point

or you overanalyzed what was really just meant to be an observation or an epiphany like 'wow you people are different' or something.

nevermind. *makes note of how anal you are*