Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-22-2015, 06:26 PM   #181
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i've given up. im going to go into work and open because they are fucked without me but as soon as i can im getting out of there and going into a walk in clinic to get some more albuterol, prednisone, and hopefully some codeine cough syrup to stop this fucking cough. i really dont even feel that bad it just hurts and happens every 5 mins or so which is preventing me from sleeping
how ya doing, reprise???

Old 11-22-2015, 06:32 PM   #182
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah Moon View Post
Yes, I'll grant you that.

Anyone else?
There is a traditional Welsh soup called cawl, that is like a broth with chopped vegetables and maybe lamb?

Cardiff is home to the stadium most known for singing "Bread of heaven" during rugby matches. I think the hymn might be set to a Welsh folk tune?

There is a hilly area with farms outside Cardiff called the Vale of Glamorgan, locally known as 'the Vale'.

Welsh names are often spelled phonetically, unlike their Scottish and Irish Celtic counterparts. One exception to this rule is a use of the double l. e.g. Llewellyn, Lloyd, etc.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #183
vixnix
Socialphobic

Yeah that's all I got. I had a friend/housemate who grew up in Wales, and an ex-boyfriend whose mother was Welsh, and that's all I ever picked up.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:37 PM   #184
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

Pretty impressive, actually. Another fact: I was born in the same town as Christian Bale, although he says he's not Welsh but English

Old 11-22-2015, 06:43 PM   #185
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm half-English and when I was very young I'd claim to be English, just because Wales was seen as a bit of a joke, just so not happening. Nowadays I'm not patriotic but I'm certainly not ashamed to come from Wales. I've got tickets to the Manic Street Preachers at Swansea next year - how Welsh is that?

Old 11-22-2015, 06:50 PM   #186
vixnix
Socialphobic

Yeah, I can understand that. I'm half-Samoan but I always just tell people I'm from New Zealand, because that's where I was born and raised. I used to be embarrassed about my heritage, as well - mostly because of the association Samoan people have with crime, sickness, poverty, unskilled labour, alcoholism & drug abuse, domestic abuse, illegal immigration, welfare dependence, overcrowded government housing, and obesity.

I think as we get older we realise nothing is as simple as it seems, and all cultures are more than just their best and worst stereotypes.

Old 11-22-2015, 07:56 PM   #187
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
I've spent five hours on the toilet this morning with diarrhoea and stomach cramps, only a cup of coffee made it finally stop.

At least I had a lot of time to read.
feel better

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokous View Post
It's been 5 months today since my cat died and i still feel guilty as hell for not being there with him/ not being able to make him more comfortable in his last days/ not asking for more exams in his usual checkups even though his condition was rare, incurable and he never showed any symptoms until it was too late.
i'm sorry, whoever you are. i have some guilt with one of my cats for the same reason. i was with her through most of her last days but i was high as fuck on drugs and wish i had emotionally really been there for her and more attuned to what was happening. she was showing some bad signs like wanting to be left alone in another room when she always, ALWAYS would hang out with me. and i was high as fuck and shrugged it off. then one day i found her shaking uncontrollably and thought she was having a seizure and took her to emergency. she was not having seizure but was in immense pain from some sort of urinary blockage. anyway, we spent $$$ on her surgery but a couple months later it happened again and there was no point in keeping on dragging it out. the time after the surgery until she died i was with her, on drugs yes but caring for her as best as i could. i also regret not staying with her while she was put to sleep. i remember going to a friend's house later that day and smoking weed and it being the weirdest feeling, being so sad and so high. i want to call it pathetic but i know that's where i was at the time. she was the first cat i ever had who chose me out of everyone in the house and hung out with me exclusively. she was a cream colored purebread persian cat... she belonged to a neighbor a bit down the street and always came to our house for some reason and after weeks of them not even calling us to see if we'd seen her we just decided to keep her. so she chose me not only from my family but the whole neighborhood basically.

sorry kinda started writing and couldnt stop. i can relate, obv

Last edited by reprise85 : 11-22-2015 at 08:02 PM.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:12 PM   #188
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
how ya doing, reprise???
i didnt sleep, i worked and stayed almost the whole time (left 20 mins early). the first hour and 1/2 i was there i had several uncontrolled coughing fits, one in front of customers where i had to go into the back room and hack for a couple minutes while they waited. i called the manager and he's new to the store and has no register numbers. great. he can't even help. in fact, im the only one in the whole store that has access to management functions.

despite not sleeping i felt ok tired wise, but around 11am i started losing it, becoming completely dissociated and disoriented. still got shit done but critical thinking was impaired. started to get a lot of customers asking me if i was ok, if i was sick, etc. i mean my voice was hoarse the whole time and ppl were 'hope you feel better'-ing me but by the end it was like 'why are you working right now, you look so sick' etc.

ok so i left and went to walk in. got a really nice doc who was really thorough. he assured me the 'lump' is in fact a lymph node. gave me a breathing treatment in office. sent me home with the essentials - albuterol, prednisone, and clarithromycin.

OH while i was at work the last hour or so my hearing was markedly decreased and that shit is not cool. i cannot go through with hearing loss again. thats another reason in the end i decided to go to the walk in today. once they get full it's a big problem. i need to get on the meds before that happens. because they are going to get infected if i let it go too long, if they aren't already.

i got meds, took them, came home kinda slept for 2 hours on and off. feel a mood lift which i usually get from steroids. also want to eat all the fruit in the house right now. im not really even coughing, just wheezing a lot. and i do think i'll continue to have sleeping problems but i feel like im on the right track

as you can see it's making me verbose, the steroids and also the lack of sleep clouding my judgement and i dont even know what im saying at this point so thats it

Old 11-22-2015, 08:13 PM   #189
strokous
Pledge

Thank you <3 it all happened so fast though, he went from a healthy, playful cat to having trouble breathing to full cardiac arrest in a matter of only 3 days. His last day was spent at the clinic on oxygen + fluids and i was only allowed to visit him every 12 hours. When i got there for the second visit of the day he had already gone into surgery and i had to sit in a cold office with his blanket and toy i brought from home and hear that his chances were minimal. His doctor assured me several times that there was nothing i could do but still i feel like a terrible owner and just a shit human being for letting him die surrounded by strangers and not asking his doc for an ECG during the 4 years i've had him (even though there was no reason to do so).

Old 11-22-2015, 08:16 PM   #190
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

also trying to decide if i should cancel therapy tomorrow. considering we've missed 3 out of our last 4 scheduled meetings (i had orientation, she was out of town, i got sick) and will miss another on thanksgiving, im gonna try and go. i can cancel last minute with her without a problem if i need to... last minute i mean, tomorrow morning. but i think ill be ok

Old 11-22-2015, 08:31 PM   #191
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokous View Post
Thank you <3 it all happened so fast though, he went from a healthy, playful cat to having trouble breathing to full cardiac arrest in a matter of only 3 days. His last day was spent at the clinic on oxygen + fluids and i was only allowed to visit him every 12 hours. When i got there for the second visit of the day he had already gone into surgery and i had to sit in a cold office with his blanket and toy i brought from home and hear that his chances were minimal. His doctor assured me several times that there was nothing i could do but still i feel like a terrible owner and just a shit human being for letting him die surrounded by strangers and not asking his doc for an ECG during the 4 years i've had him (even though there was no reason to do so).
i'm so sorry to hear this. of course it's not your fault or do to your neglect. ive never had a cat that got an ECG as far as i know, and we had like 20 cats overall when i was growing up.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:19 AM   #192
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Losing pets is a horrible feeling.
We grow extremely attached to them.

Growing up I used to live on the 8th floor, and the two cats I had ended up falling to their deaths in the space of a few months, it was horrible.
The last cat I had before Felicia lived a long time and died of heart failure in his sleep, he had a happy expression on his face when we found him, still I cried for days.

Last edited by LaBelle : 11-23-2015 at 02:55 PM.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:51 AM   #193
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

did i tell you guys i got discharged? off parole!

also your avatar is hot labelle. north-eastern asian women are the most delightful.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:35 PM   #194
LaBelle
Socialphobic

They found my mom's car!

Stereo, tires, reserve tire and the crank got stolen.
But at least she gets the car back.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:16 PM   #195
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I'm sick today but still work. Thanksgiving won't be relaxing either. I envy my friends with retail jobs

Old 11-23-2015, 02:28 PM   #196
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i feel a lot better. i was really sick man... i'd say im at 80%

Old 11-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #197
cork_soaker
full of longing

wishing everyone health and a lovely holiday

Old 11-23-2015, 02:53 PM   #198
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
They found my mom's car!

Stereo, tires, reserve tire and the crank got stolen.
But at least she gets the car back.
Did they take the battery and catalytic converter? If not they were stupid thieves.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:39 PM   #199
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I don't know... I think they did take the battery, I wouldn't even know what a catalytic converter is, my mom did not mention anything like that tho so maybe they didn't

Old 11-24-2015, 11:45 PM   #200
bignothing
Demi-God

I got home at like 7pm today, fell asleep at 8ish and woke up at 3:45am and I'm getting that weird feeling when you're creeped out by everything in your apartment, let me turn all lights on now.

On a side note, I really wish I could find the Torfurky "Vegetarian Feast" I used to get in the US here. Whatever is in fake meat here is bad for me, it literally burns my tongue/mouth and I can't taste anything for like a week after I guess I'm allergic to something.

http://www.pravmir.com/wp-content/up...urky-feast.jpg

Miss you 'Murica!

Old 11-25-2015, 11:21 AM   #201
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I wanna learn how to make my own sushi, eating at restaurants all the time gets super expensive.

Old 11-25-2015, 12:24 PM   #202
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

making sushi is easy as fuck....though i guess it depends if you want to get fancy with it.

Old 11-25-2015, 12:30 PM   #203
LaBelle
Socialphobic

No, just functional sushi. Don't even need it to be super presentable haha

Old 11-25-2015, 12:36 PM   #204
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

well then you buy the seaweed sheets. some salmon fillet, thin cut preferably. Some sushi rice. Maybe some salmon furikake rice seasoning. And rice vinegar to which you may want to add some salt and sugar. Pretty much it.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:21 PM   #205
Order 66
Socialphobic

They have sushi classes around where I live

I've thought about just cutting up tuna and salmon raw instead of paying $50 for a meal at the local sushi dive but I don't trust market fish. My friend makes his own sashimi and he's not dead, so I dunno

Old 11-25-2015, 02:53 PM   #206
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I'd have to buy fish early saturday at the city market, cause that's when they get the fresh batches.

This plan might actually happen, looking into it it's not as complicated as I assumed.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:05 PM   #207
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
They have sushi classes around where I live

I've thought about just cutting up tuna and salmon raw instead of paying $50 for a meal at the local sushi dive but I don't trust market fish. My friend makes his own sashimi and he's not dead, so I dunno
geez surely you can find a less pricey sushi place though

Old 11-25-2015, 05:20 PM   #208
myosis
Minion of Satan

over here they keep opening up new sushi places everywhere but for some reason it's still way overpriced. i rarely order it and keep wondering who are the hordes of consumers keeping them from democratizing prices.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:41 PM   #209
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I don't know... I think they did take the battery, I wouldn't even know what a catalytic converter is, my mom did not mention anything like that tho so maybe they didn't
best way to steal a new car battery is to steal an old one out of a car. Wait a few days, then go back and steal the new one that the owner buys to replace it. same thing with tires/wheels

Old 11-25-2015, 06:16 PM   #210
vixnix
Socialphobic

home made sushi usually looks a lot messier and less beautiful than store bought, but the hardest part is the rice. There's a special ratio of vinegar/sugar/salt and a special way to mix it into the rice and I never managed to get it right. But other than that, yeah, it's easy!