Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 12-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #31
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

ah okay, so not 12 years old then.
if you're for real, you might want to avoid this board for now, though. it's not a "mood-lifting" place, for lack of a better word...

Old 12-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #32
SensibleChuckle
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
ah okay, so not 12 years old then.
if you're for real, you might want to avoid this board for now, though. it's not a "mood-lifting" place, for lack of a better word...
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Old 12-16-2014, 09:03 PM   #33
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

If what you say is true, cupomercury, then take Paves advice. This place fosters more of an open, albeit often cynical, dialogue rather than a Billy lovefest. It's great that Billy has helped you on a very personal level with his music, truly, but that's not what I was getting at with my post.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #34
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Hmm, you're the second inpatient to post here in just a few months.

Welcome. I've never been inpatient for more than a few weeks at a time and we weren't allowed to listen to music or be on the computer etc. Can't imagine living in one, I hope you're able to leave soon if that's what you want.

You will see a lot of negativity thrown at Corgan on here. All of us like how Corgan was, for the most part. It is what he has become, and his new music, that bothers us. But I think all or most of us were very personally influenced by his music at a point in our lives. Certainly there are some who still feel it with the new music, I guess

Old 12-16-2014, 10:36 PM   #35
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

I love how bills music is like a clarion call for the mentally ill. He expressed those emotions so well, once.

Just to echo other sentiments in this thread, the stuff abt culture wars is practically nonsense

Old 12-16-2014, 10:41 PM   #36
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

It's clear cognitive dissonance on the billsters part. The only explanation is character assassination by the ADD generation

Old 12-17-2014, 01:10 AM   #37
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupOMercury View Post
The man's sold 40 million records, and sells more every day. He's a Rock legend
*ahem* or should I have said, his new music doesn't sell?

Quote:
and also trying to save the world and wake us up. Billy's eyes are wide open, and he wants to help us.

He's fighting the good fight.
So, what was your O-board username?

Old 12-17-2014, 04:27 AM   #38
Trotskilicious
Banned

i was on my phone earlier but:

Quote:
I think we’re in a culture war
WOW WHAT A CONCEPT

Quote:
the haves and the have-nots,
Yes...

Quote:
the idiots and the people with some sensorial heart about the world. We’re in a dumbing-down of America and we’re in a brightening-up of America as people form their own systems, and then the rest of them just want to dig a little deeper into Middle-earth. It reminds me of the early days of that transitional culture of ’80s hair metal into grunge.
none of this makes any goddamn sense

i just can't even get past that fucking paragraph. Sensorial heart? Dig a little deeper into Middle-earth? It reminds you of the late 80s culture? the interviewer should have the guts to go "uh, can you unpack that a little bit?"

Old 12-17-2014, 04:33 AM   #39
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah Moon View Post
He does say some regrettable things, but he is always interesting.
always interesting? i disagree.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:37 AM   #40
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

He has become quite a bit redundant and predictable at this point.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:46 AM   #41
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Indeed. You could tell that the generic radio host guy and Dr. Drew couldn't care less when Bill was on last night and he was harping on about the same stuff.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:02 AM   #42
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfighter28 View Post
It's clear cognitive dissonance on the billsters part.
hmm...he does seem to want to be considered a dangerous artist, a part of the counterculture, but he also wants mainstream success and acceptance. He can't really have both. It ceases to be a counterculture once it has been assimilated by the mainstream culture.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:48 AM   #43
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
none of this makes any goddamn sense
"the sensorial heart" bit set off the roll eyes and then I stopped paying attention after "middle earth." Once you really start examing chunks of Billy's quotes you'll find that about 70% of what he says is gibberish. What's more embarrassing is not one interviewer, asides from the Brittish Huffpost video girl, had the guts to question anything he said. Though, he does tend to get agitated when he is questioned, like he feels he's being attacked, so it makes things difficult. He flipped out during the Huffpost interview about the Cooper incident.

Old 12-17-2014, 05:50 AM   #44
vajohna
Ownz

Surprised he was able to go one interview without using 'paradigm.'

Old 12-17-2014, 06:15 AM   #45
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

Well, I guess no one agrees. I suppose I haven't read/watched that many recent interviews, so I haven't become sick of "paradigms" and "cultural landscape" and such.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:44 AM   #46
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
"the sensorial heart" bit set off the roll eyes and then I stopped paying attention after "middle earth." Once you really start examing chunks of Billy's quotes you'll find that about 70% of what he says is gibberish. What's more embarrassing is not one interviewer, asides from the Brittish Huffpost video girl, had the guts to question anything he said. Though, he does tend to get agitated when he is questioned, like he feels he's being attacked, so it makes things difficult. He flipped out during the Huffpost interview about the Cooper incident.
he's starting to sound like the conspiracy seo string that i've been using to make fun of the omega concern

Old 12-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #47
Trotskilicious
Banned

it's just amazing how he over-complicates simple thoughts, does he do that to make himself sound educated? i mean it's dictionary definition pretentiousness

Old 12-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #48
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

it might be some kind of defense mechanism. looking for the exact right words to describe something. i do it sometimes.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #49
DaveKShape
Ownz

I think he uses and broods over all of these needlessly complex ideas to just get away from the very basic notion that he's not as popular as he used to be.

It's never just "Less people care about my music now because my non-hardcore fans who bought one or two albums in the '90s have moved on to whatever it is they listen to now." It's always something about the complex and fickle nature of the culture or whatever other b.s. he needs to drum up to avoid reality.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:14 PM   #50
Trotskilicious
Banned

these aren't complex ideas, he just says them in the most complex way possible

the first paragraph is: "America is divided primarily between the people who want to move forward and the people who stubbornly resist change, but I think there is hope for the future. It reminds me of the late 80s, for some reason, when we decided hair metal sucked."

that's it. that's what "digging into middle-earth" means. it's fucking ridiculous.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:16 PM   #51
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
it might be some kind of defense mechanism. looking for the exact right words to describe something. i do it sometimes.
i have this feeling that you're not going to go on record with something as fucking dumb as "Digging into middle-earth"

Old 12-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #52
Trotskilicious
Banned

"sensorial heart"

Old 12-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #53
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

yeah, you're right