Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Indicate your stance on firearms:
I have one or more firearms, and i like them 7 16.28%
I don't have any firearms, but i wish that i did / plan on getting some 12 27.91%
I don't have or want any firearms myself, but have no problem with anyone having them if they want 5 11.63%
I don't have or want any firearms, and feel that most people should not be allowed to have them 19 44.19%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #211
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
i'm much cooler than you, but i don't brag about it.
Humble like the New England Patriots, bro.

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Old 01-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #212
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned
 
ohnoitsbonnie's Avatar
 
Location: somerville, nj
Posts: 23,387
Default

Did you guys know the AK-47 was invented in 1947? Even more proof that 47 is the most reoccurring number in the universe

 
ohnoitsbonnie is offline
Old 01-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #213
Debaser
ghost
 
Debaser's Avatar
 
Location: @SactoMacto
Posts: 12,203
Default

nobody is better than me at being humble.

 
Debaser is offline
Old 01-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #214
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,643
Default

Humble pie.

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Old 01-17-2009, 06:17 AM   #215
jczeroman
Socialphobic
 
jczeroman's Avatar
 
Location: B1G Country
Posts: 14,461
Default

Let me just say (if not just for the wow factor) that while ideally there should be no restrictions on self defence, I am perfectly willing to compromise and support a full-on training requirement for all gun-owners.

I view the gun argument the same way I do the drugs argument - that it is a civil liberties issue first. That is, people should have a right to do drugs and own guns. The pragmatic benefits (having guns and doing drugs) are subsidiary ones. and, quite frankly, I would love to see a world where these things aren't even around.

 
jczeroman is offline
Old 01-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #216
<sp3
****
 
<sp3's Avatar
 
Location: live free or die
Posts: 1,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass View Post
Listen brohan... you can't parade in here and start being a dismissive dick and then get defensive when people get hostile. I know enough about guns to know what a weapon is capable of instead of making a purchase because it "looks cool." We can argue semantics all night long and come to 46 different definitions of what constitutes the name for a particular weapon and/or weapon class but in the end if you're a cockbag about it you're just going to get flamed.
sorry if i sounded like a dick, but i wasn't trying to be.. i was only trying to subdue the confusion that people like trotskillicious (who openly admit that their knowlege of firearms consists of nothing deeper than what looks like a machine gun and what doesn't look like a machine gun) would undoubtedly experience because when you say AK-47.. to someone who does not understand that there are many knock offs that use the same technologies but do so in a semi-automatic version.. they think they are getting the same gun that you see the radical islamists firing into the air on TV.

i probably could have found more gracious words, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass View Post
I'm curious what he shot that was so awesome. A tommy gun? A grenade launcher? .50 caliber automatic helicopter cannon?
I have fired a fully auto, 1934 tommy gun. Also a german MP-40.. and an M-1 Garand all of which people may recognize from games like "Medal of Honor". I have also shot a legit musket that was almost 200 years old. The two guns that i have, (browning high-power and AR-15) are both very well made and have significant historical value. I am much more a history buff than a gun nut

 
<sp3 is offline
Old 01-17-2009, 10:48 AM   #217
<sp3
****
 
<sp3's Avatar
 
Location: live free or die
Posts: 1,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
jc's just a gun owner,
I love the concept that one gun is more deadly than the other. They all fire fucking bullets don't they? Or are there some guns out there that fire jellybeans and gumdrops?
you are un-informed, i am not a gun nut. i just know more on the subject than you do, and you think i am crazy because of it

know how fiddy-cent got shot 9 times? that was with a weak ass, not very deadly gun. I have a friend who's cousin got shot in 12 times buy a cop.. including once in the brain.. and lived.

Yet some guns can take down an elephant or pierce body armor with a single round..

yes some guns are more deadly than others. Just like a samurai sword is more deadly than a 1" keychain knife

 
<sp3 is offline
Old 01-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #218
<sp3
****
 
<sp3's Avatar
 
Location: live free or die
Posts: 1,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
just let this sink in
no one is as flawless as you, debaser

 
<sp3 is offline
Old 01-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #219
jczeroman
Socialphobic
 
jczeroman's Avatar
 
Location: B1G Country
Posts: 14,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
you are un-informed, i am not a gun nut. i just know more on the subject than you do, and you think i am crazy because of it
I own two guns and I am also a "gun nut" according to some netphorians.

 
jczeroman is offline
Old 01-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #220
Trotskilicious
Banned
 
Trotskilicious's Avatar
 
Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.
Posts: 39,643
Default

I don't think you are, you haven't been posting with nerd-like devotion about different kinds of guns.

I always thought those kids growing up were weird and I guess they just turn into this guy.

Oh and don't insult me by saying you're a "history buff" when really you just have a fetish for war. I know your type of "history buff."

 
Trotskilicious is offline
Old 12-24-2013, 01:09 AM   #221
MusicMan4
 
Posts: n/a
Default

They are cool

 
Old 12-24-2013, 01:11 AM   #222
MusicMan4
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If the ak-47 is so great why is the inventor dead

 
Old 12-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #223
null123
Minion of Satan
 
Location: bye
Posts: 7,275
Default

I don't have or want any firearms myself, but have no problem with anyone having them if they want

 
null123 is offline
Old 12-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #224
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,443
Default

sure you don't want to qualify that a little

guns are the fucking worst and i will never touch one.

edit: looking at my posts in this thread, my opinions haven't changed much. a little less patient w/r/t opposing viewpoints on the subject now though.

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 12-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #225
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord
 
duovamp's Avatar
 
Location: heavy metal pool party
Posts: 35,142
Default

What about these guns? *flex*
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
i mean if she didnt want to be buried, raised, and killed over and over again she shouldnt have worn that miniskirt

 
duovamp is offline
Old 12-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #226
Toast
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Toast's Avatar
 
Location: Woodinville, Wa.
Posts: 3,198
Default

I have a few and hope to purchase more in the future

 
Toast is offline
Old 12-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #227
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 28,889
Default

I have no problem with people owning guns. I do have a problem with people who have arsenals or own hardware meant for combat situations. This fact also frightens me: There are less gun owners in the US now than 50 years ago, but there are far, far more guns. They are just allocated into fewer hands.

citation: some complex, interactive stat thing on guns in the US from NYTimes about a year ago

 
redbreegull is offline
Old 12-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #228
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic
 
Ol' Couch Ass's Avatar
 
Location: The Filthy South
Posts: 11,124
Default

I'm still using my grenade launcher to hunt. It tenderizes and flash cooks anything I shoot it at. I'm a real man. Take it from my cold, dead hands.

 
Ol' Couch Ass is offline
Old 01-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #229
The Omega Concern
Banned
 
Location: stay, far, away
Posts: 8,997
Default

I see 19 liberal retards base their view on this because of feelings as opposed to critical analysis because if they did that, they'd realize every successful gun control attempt by a government was followed by genocide.

 
The Omega Concern is offline
Old 01-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #230
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 28,889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
I see 19 liberal retards base their view on this because of feelings as opposed to critical analysis because if they did that, they'd realize every successful gun control attempt by a government was followed by genocide.
looooooooooooooooooooooooool

 
redbreegull is offline
Old 01-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #231
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: all over the Internet
Posts: 41,328
Default

toc, i am going to find you and shoot you in the head.

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Old 01-03-2014, 09:57 PM   #232
hnibos
Socialphobic
 
hnibos's Avatar
 
Location: I was just reading, right?
Posts: 14,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
I have a few and hope to purchase more in the future
How small is your penis?

 
hnibos is offline
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014