Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2018, 10:11 PM   #61
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

I've never been more ashamed to be a smashing pumpkins fan. And that says a lot. This is pathetic.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:15 PM   #62
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

this "reunion" can get fucked.

what little excitement i had is 100% gone and now i can't wait to grill this bullshit old-man bizarro frankenstein'd nostalgia act

Old 02-04-2018, 10:20 PM   #63
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

at this point of his career, billy corgan's ability to so consistently take the course of action that's screaming NO, JESUS, NO, WRONG TURN, DO NOT DO THIS, THIS WILL BE AWFUL, GOD WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS is almost impressive

Last edited by teh b0lly!!1 : 02-04-2018 at 10:56 PM. Reason: typo

Old 02-04-2018, 10:23 PM   #64
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

can we do the "I imagine" wild speculation game now what hilarious choice they will make for the tour opening band?

what would be an utter cringe combination? if we figure that out we can be 90% sure that that is going to happen.

(spoiler: the bush - sp combination already happened on the 2013 tour.)

Old 02-04-2018, 10:23 PM   #65
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

it's like watching a child sitting at the table with a strawberry cake to his right and a bottle of drain-o to his left, then seeing him opting for the drain-o and thinking he nailed it

Old 02-04-2018, 10:24 PM   #66
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Boris

Old 02-04-2018, 10:27 PM   #67
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

how dare you

took, I just watched a movie with some Boris soundtrack earlier, it works beautifully (duh!)

have you seen Confessions?

this plus Boris. fantastic.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d5/7b...09489b136f.jpg

Old 02-04-2018, 10:36 PM   #68
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
at this point of his career, billy corgan's ability to so consistently take the course of action that's screams NO, JESUS, NO, WRONG TURN, DO NOT DO THIS, THIS WILL BE AWFUL, GOD WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS is almost impressive
He has a serious mental illness. That's the only explanation. No normal person would sit there like, "yup...a 44 song concept multi release album called TEARGARDEN BY KALEIDYSCOPE....that'll show em."

Old 02-04-2018, 10:53 PM   #69
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
I've never been more ashamed to be a smashing pumpkins fan. And that says a lot. This is pathetic.
You've never been so ashamed? So Jimmy and James joining Jeff and Billy would make things worse than before? That's crazy, man.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:54 PM   #70
pavementtune

yea I actually don't understand the hate this tour already gets. it's just 2007 again, and James dropped by.

compared to the non-solo gigs he played since TGBK, how is this line-up worse?

Old 02-04-2018, 10:57 PM   #71
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

lol it's like he learned nothing

what's next, a music video that was conceived, produced and filmed with the sole purpose of not exposing who the bass player's gonna be?

Old 02-04-2018, 11:01 PM   #72
pavementtune

well now you did it. that will be on altnet now and the next thing you know, BigBolly does exactly that.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:06 PM   #73
T&T
Socialphobic

even my threads aren't this bad.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:19 PM   #74
paranoid
Minion of Satan

yeah I'm curious to know what it is y'all would think would be a smart move for BC to make. what do you think he should do?

I'm pissed no darcy but james and jimmy back on board when 5 years ago he was playing with 3 shitty musicians? I'm into this.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:23 PM   #75
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

The tour will flop just like the Manson tour. They'll be playing to half empty arenas.

Old 02-04-2018, 11:42 PM   #76
russticles
Demi-God

Original line-up or not, what are their set lists going to look like moving forward? Will they pander to the masses and just stick with mainly the hits and maybe 1 or 2 new songs or will the set lists change and ******* some deeper cuts? I'm hoping it's not like the Manson tour where it was literally the exact same set list every night + Geek USA on some occasions. Would be a shame to have this line-up not mix it up and play some deep cuts while on tour.

Last edited by russticles : 02-04-2018 at 11:43 PM. Reason: the word "IN-CLUDE" is censored?!

Old 02-04-2018, 11:51 PM   #77
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Billy doesn't even seem to like playing old material. He seems most engaged with his newest material at the time. So I wonder if James is going to be playing on Zeitgeist and Oceania material or will it be just the glory years stuff mixed with new album cuts.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:04 AM   #78
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
how dare you

took, I just watched a movie with some Boris soundtrack earlier, it works beautifully (duh!)

have you seen Confessions?

this plus Boris. fantastic.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d5/7b...09489b136f.jpg
No. I had no idea. I thought Limits of Control was the only film with Boris in it.

Will download as soon as I get to Orlando and free wifi. Thnx.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:12 AM   #79
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
at this point of his career, billy corgan's ability to so consistently take the course of action that's screaming NO, JESUS, NO, WRONG TURN, DO NOT DO THIS, THIS WILL BE AWFUL, GOD WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS is almost impressive
I was a little bummed that D'arcy is out, but really, they got the big 3... That's still pretty fucking cool.

Too many people are just so bitter with the Pumpkins at this point that anything that Billy does will receive criticism.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:24 AM   #80
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
Billy doesn't even seem to like playing old material. He seems most engaged with his newest material at the time. So I wonder if James is going to be playing on Zeitgeist and Oceania material or will it be just the glory years stuff mixed with new album cuts.
I have a strong hunch it will be the glory years + new stuff....at least, that'd be the smart way to handle it

Old 02-05-2018, 12:25 AM   #81
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Who would even be the target audience for Zeitgeist, Oceania, and MTAE at this point??

Old 02-05-2018, 12:29 AM   #82
fuzzyroes
Banned

Aging grungetards

Old 02-05-2018, 12:48 AM   #83
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
yeah I'm curious to know what it is y'all would think would be a smart move for BC to make. what do you think he should do?
What he will do is act like a victim and blame the culture etc.

What he should've done is made an announcement, no matter how brief, acknowledging the situation and shedding light on what happened. Especially now that big sites like NME are covering it. It would look bad if he said nothing. He's a former star trying to recover from 10+ years of flops by playing the "reunion" card, he can't afford to be ridiculed at this point when the excitement should be building up for the shows.

+ Read the text, he obviously knows about the leaked photos:

"ANOTHER leaked photo, this one of me in a funny hat. WTF? I think if you look closely enough you'll see John Paul Jones hiding in the brim"

Old 02-05-2018, 03:38 AM   #84
Ram27
dumb

It's disappointing that D'arcy's out but the Machina tour was still killer

The real issue here is that Jeff is going to be wanking all over James' parts. I know Corgan likes him for his loyalty, but there've been like 3 good songs released with him in the band

Old 02-05-2018, 05:04 AM   #85
behived
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
can we do the "I imagine" wild speculation game now what hilarious choice they will make for the tour opening band?

what would be an utter cringe combination? if we figure that out we can be 90% sure that that is going to happen.

(spoiler: the bush - sp combination already happened on the 2013 tour.)
No opening band will be chosen, Billy will first do a solo performance

Old 02-05-2018, 11:58 AM   #86
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

What a weekend! Saturday, I was high in the hills of Topanga, overlooking the ocean on a beautiful sunny day, and according to some reports (based on photos taken or leaked) I am now a bassist. I mean, yes, I have played bass on many of your fave songs but I'm not sure I can play bass AND sing at the same time? But perhaps I can try *someday*. Other reports have @jjjschroeder (who just celebrated a birthday) as a budding bassist. Which is interesting, because though Jeff doesn't mind plucking at 4 strings if needed I know he would much prefer the dulcet tones of 6 (but I have heard him confess that 7 strings is just 'too much') @jamesihaofficial on the other hand, well, I haven't seen him pick up a bass since Machina (which he played a fair share on, despite reports claiming a certain 'flaxen Saxxon' did; and as you know with much that is written is patently f-a-l-s-e). Which brings me back to my time in the hills of Topanga, dressed in a long coat, staring out into the ocean dreaming of a future not yet realized. Wisdom here dictates that I share something I have said many times as of late, which is: be here now, live in the present. There truly is no past (but that which lives in your mind), and the future too is but a dream. So kindly, truly, embrace the life you are living TODAY Which reminds me of a song that I also played bass on... #WPC #becarefulwhatyouwishfor (tattoo courtesy of @sir.cophagus

A post shared by WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) on

What does this even mean? SP is a three-guitar band now officially, I guess.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:07 PM   #87
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Okay, so:

-Jeff's not playing bass
-James played all of the bass on Machina apparently
-D'Arcy's wrestling name is the Flaxen Saxxon
-Stop living in the pass
-That MCIS tattoo is a painful thing to behold

-I need to go lie down

Old 02-05-2018, 12:08 PM   #88
byoung88
Demi-God

so who the hell is on bass then!?

Old 02-05-2018, 12:10 PM   #89
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by byoung88 View Post
so who the hell is on bass then!?
Mike Kroeger, of course

Old 02-05-2018, 12:17 PM   #90
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Well, he doesn't say that D'Arcy ISN'T playing.

Maybe she got her wires crossed. Maybe they used a "different bass player" for the demo sessions, with a view to getting her in to record (if even nominally) once the songs had been put together, or given a chance for her to learn them.

Maybe D'Arcy will be involved after all. Maybe it's just one big tease before the big reveal.