Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
Shroom
Pledge

Default Why do people assume this is an anti-war album?

Maybe it's actually a pro war - pro george bush good ol' stars and stripes ode to my country patriotic duty type of thing. Besides, isn't billy a christian now or something?

Old 04-25-2007, 03:04 PM   #2
deadbirdie
Pledge

http://www.urine-off.com.au/uploads/34/Leg_Lift.jpg

Old 04-25-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
mccririck
Apocalyptic Poster

http://4waystop.typepad.com/4waystop...s/dog_poop.jpg

Old 04-25-2007, 03:10 PM   #4
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroom
Maybe it's actually a pro war - pro george bush good ol' stars and stripes ode to my country patriotic duty type of thing. Besides, isn't billy a christian now or something?

You must be joking.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:16 PM   #5
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Old 04-25-2007, 03:20 PM   #6
myosis
Minion of Satan

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, JOHN 3:16

Old 04-25-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
Panser
Amish Rake Fighter

Ok, when I saw that first dog pissing and then that small dog taking a shit I almost laughed all my fruitsalad over the computer. That was gold. You guys still are a bunch of jerks to each other but you can be damn funny sometimes when your evil is put together.. The whole is much greater than its lousy parts-kinda thing. That's why I still read this crap.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:29 PM   #8
Effloresce
Banned

People have assumed a lot on here based on very small amounts of information. I guess it's the Netphorian way?

Old 04-25-2007, 03:34 PM   #9
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

a pro-war album would be even more career suicide than an anti-war one. and i believe billy's politics are anti-bush so i would assume that he would have an anti-war stance. Didn't he apologize for the election of george bush to office on stage as a bit of a laugh before?

Old 04-25-2007, 03:38 PM   #10
Effloresce
Banned

yes.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:44 PM   #11
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Stop blaming Bush for everything! All politicians are liars..... I just get so tired of all these artists getting political...thats not their job!

I am a Republican and I don't love us at war no doubt, but I felt it was necessary at the time. If we didnt invade, then all the artists would have been making music about us getting invaded and stuff like that. It's like a double edged sword!

I don't think this will be an anti war album....well I at least hope not. 1 or 2 songs about it might be ok, but I sure hope that Billy doesnt make this mistake.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:45 PM   #12
2Corgan2Rules
Pledge

HEIL FUHRER BUSH!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:48 PM   #13
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

im still waiting for Corgan Rules 3: Tokyo Drift

Old 04-25-2007, 03:50 PM   #14
myosis
Minion of Satan

Last edited by myosis : 04-25-2007 at 04:02 PM.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:50 PM   #15
myosis
Minion of Satan

Last edited by myosis : 04-25-2007 at 04:02 PM.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:52 PM   #16
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan Rules
I just get so tired of all these artists getting political...thats not their job!
first Corgan Rules post i take the time to read in a while and this is what he says. what a fucktard.

what is an artist's job, sir? sell t-shirts? make you cry inside because they were abused as a kid?

Old 04-25-2007, 04:11 PM   #17
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Stop blaming Bush for everything! All politicians are liars..... I just get so tired of all these artists getting political...thats not their job!

I am a Republican and I don't love us at war no doubt, but I felt it was necessary at the time. If we didnt invade, then all the artists would have been making music about us getting invaded and stuff like that. It's like a double edged sword!

I don't think this will be an anti war album....well I at least hope not. 1 or 2 songs about it might be ok, but I sure hope that Billy doesnt make this mistake.
OMG! Now I hope this is an anti war album!!! please, please, please!

Old 04-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #18
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis
first Corgan Rules post i take the time to read in a while and this is what he says. what a fucktard.

what is an artist's job, sir? sell t-shirts? make you cry inside because they were abused as a kid?
They can talk about whatever they want to, but stay away from politics. They aren't politics and I just hate those that think they are. So they think they have the power to stop a war? What a joke! Is Bush supposed to listen to these artists just because they play music and are famous? Nope! Just because artists can play a guitar or play drums does not mean that they know how to lead a nation.

You are the fucktard pussy!

This is my opinion and I have my right. You really think I give a fuck what you think????? I don't! Why the fuck would I waste my time listening to a little pussy on the net trying to make fun of me? I have better things to do son!

Old 04-25-2007, 04:13 PM   #19
dudehitscar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I felt it was necessary at the time. If we didnt invade, then all the artists would have been making music about us getting invaded and stuff like that. It's like a double edged sword!

1) Wait a second are you trying to say that if we didn't invade Iraq then Iraq would of invaded us??????????

2) I don't 'blame bush for everything.' I blame him for invading Iraq because he did. Very simple.

3) George Bush is at best a terrible republican. If I were you I wouldn't defend him when you have so many other worthy people in your party to be touting.

4) An artist's job is to write the songs they want to write and feel passionate about. If they feel passionate about political and social issues then I commend them for being true to themselves. I just hope it's well written.. but knowing BC it will be great.

Old 04-25-2007, 04:17 PM   #20
tcm
Braindead

Arrow

why're people always down on double-edged swords anyway. a highly effective instrument in the hands of a skilled warrior. if they'd let our boys in brown fight with double-edged swords this war would be over by now. give me a fucking break, Corgan Rules.

Old 04-25-2007, 04:18 PM   #21
Deadeyes
Apocalyptic Poster

Why do people assume that people assume that when people assume they are assuming things which when assumed can then lead to more assumptions on the assumed detail which, assuming the original assumption was assumed on grounds purely assumptional can only follow assumptions of assumptions that prior to the assumption were but assumptions in the first place?

Old 04-25-2007, 04:31 PM   #22
BumbleBeeMouth
Apocalyptic Poster

I can only assume that they're cunts.

I hate political albums, unless they are informative. Thats how they can have an effect, but i think its too easy to write a "political album" and distract yourself from the most important thing.

Old 04-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #23
deadbirdie
Pledge

I just beat the Sumo Wrestler and won a free ringtone!

Old 04-25-2007, 04:53 PM   #24
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child
OMG! Now I hope this is an anti war album!!! please, please, please!
Hey Forgotten Child- go and fuck yourself!!!! Ok???? YOu get it??? Go and take that stick you have in your hand and shove it up your ass now! You are nothing more than a piece of shit!

Old 04-25-2007, 04:58 PM   #25
Shroom
Pledge

lol, you guys are like dominos.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:00 PM   #26
Implosion
Demi-God

Quote:
They can talk about whatever they want to, but stay away from politics. They aren't politics and I just hate those that think they are. So they think they have the power to stop a war? What a joke! Is Bush supposed to listen to these artists just because they play music and are famous? Nope! Just because artists can play a guitar or play drums does not mean that they know how to lead a nation.
Those in power are obviously not going to react directly to someone's song just because they're famous. But if an artist's sentiment resonates with the public sentiment, it just may rile people up just enough to make an impact -- like say change someone's mind on an issue or change who someone votes for. It's not an artist's job to be "political," but it is their right.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:01 PM   #27
Quiet CD
Apocalyptic Poster

god forbid individuals engage in policy that effects people

Quote:
"Politicks is the science of good sense, applied to public affairs, and, as those are forever changing, what is wisdom to-day would be folly and perhaps, ruin to-morrow. Politicks is not a science so properly as a business. It cannot have fixed principles, from which a wise man would never swerve, unless the inconstancy of men's view of interest and the capriciousness of the tempers could be fixed." -Fisher Ames (1758–1808)

Old 04-25-2007, 05:03 PM   #28
Quiet CD
Apocalyptic Poster

So if I'm not a politician I shouldn't concern myself with politics? Yeah I'll trust all the politicians (which you've deemed all liars) to do everything in my best interest.... considering I'm not a politician.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:12 PM   #29
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudehitscar
1) Wait a second are you trying to say that if we didn't invade Iraq then Iraq would of invaded us??????????

2) I don't 'blame bush for everything.' I blame him for invading Iraq because he did. Very simple.

3) George Bush is at best a terrible republican. If I were you I wouldn't defend him when you have so many other worthy people in your party to be touting.

4) An artist's job is to write the songs they want to write and feel passionate about. If they feel passionate about political and social issues then I commend them for being true to themselves. I just hope it's well written.. but knowing BC it will be great.
1.) yES! We got hit up during 911 and whose to say that would have stopped? We made the right decision at the time, in my opinion. It has been a long time since then and maybe we should have pulled out by now, but I dont really have an opinion about that.

2.) I dont blame him for invading Iraq! It's that simple too! We would have had way more 911 events here in our own country if we didn't.

3.) I dont defend everything he has done at all. He has done poorly on several things. HOwever, I still think invading was the correct thing to do at the time. It has been some time now since then and I don't really know how I feel about it anymore, but initially I think it was the right move.

4.) Yeah trust me, I think the album will be great! I just get so tired of hearing all these songs about the war. The artists think they are so popular and stuff that they can control our country and thats bs! They only play a freakin guitar, not lead a nation. Them singing about it won't make Bush change his mind. I am not very political at all, but I am not afraid to say that I am a Republican. With that being said, I don't agree on every take that Republicans have. He has not made all great moves..... MOst of the tpics that I agree on the Republican side are on money and taxes. I am tired of paying taxes and I definitely don''t want to pay anymore than I already have to. I don't agree with having to pay more tax money to help out the middle class and lower class. I am not here working my ass off to pay more of my money to those that are lazy and don't work.

This is getting too long.....I am not really into politics like I said, but I do have my own opinions on certain topics.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #30
mistle
bonnie stars

will someone who knows please pm me and tell me whether corgan rules is a troll or not? i promise i won't tell anyone