Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
Today not a good day
no it is not

Old 03-25-2017, 09:32 PM   #212
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i think i have an ear infection in my right ear. my ear tube is definitely clogged and upon gentle exploratory use of an ear swab it seems like there is some mucus escaping. i don't think it's ear wax and there was some today even though i cleaned it out two days ago. obviously i'm not pushing hard in my ear, don't want to lodge shit in further, but my other ear has no earwax at all or any kind of gunk. i would say i have about 25% hearing in my right ear right now. enough to not be able to hear shit if someone is talking directly on the right side of me.

luckily i do have one refill left of ear drops, hopefully it will clear it up otherwise the next chapter of the unending sinus problems causing deafness may be upon us. i haven't had any problems since my ear tubes were replaced in aug or sept last year - the longest i've been problem free in a long time. one benefit of going to grad school will be getting away of the florida pollen that causes me such woe

Old 03-25-2017, 10:23 PM   #213
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i think i have an ear infection in my right ear. my ear tube is definitely clogged and upon gentle exploratory use of an ear swab it seems like there is some mucus escaping. i don't think it's ear wax and there was some today even though i cleaned it out two days ago. obviously i'm not pushing hard in my ear, don't want to lodge shit in further, but my other ear has no earwax at all or any kind of gunk. i would say i have about 25% hearing in my right ear right now. enough to not be able to hear shit if someone is talking directly on the right side of me.

luckily i do have one refill left of ear drops, hopefully it will clear it up otherwise the next chapter of the unending sinus problems causing deafness may be upon us. i haven't had any problems since my ear tubes were replaced in aug or sept last year - the longest i've been problem free in a long time. one benefit of going to grad school will be getting away of the florida pollen that causes me such woe

Sorry to hear this. I know the pain.

Do you use Flonase because it's been a LIFESAVER to me in regards to ear and sinus issues

Old 03-26-2017, 04:59 AM   #214
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Nothing works for me. I've tried Flonase and every other prescription and non-prescription spray and allergy pill

Old 03-26-2017, 05:35 PM   #215
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
Weird bcuz I've never had one used 4 any of my amalgams
i know, to my recollection my dentist used it only once... didn't use it when he replaced some fillings with composite resin.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:42 PM   #216
Elphenor
Braindead

I've waited an hour for this Chinese food place to open for dinner my local place is closed all day too

I will not be denied

I want Chinese food, but of decent quality

Old 03-26-2017, 07:18 PM   #217
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Bummer! Hope it clears soon. When do you get to leave Florida for grad school, again?

Old 03-26-2017, 07:19 PM   #218
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I've waited an hour for this Chinese food place to open for dinner my local place is closed all day too

I will not be denied

I want Chinese food, but of decent quality
Are they late opening? Or are you just an hour early? I will be unable to properly respond, emotionally, to your post until this troubling ambiguity is resolved

Old 03-26-2017, 07:20 PM   #219
Elphenor
Braindead

I was early

Actually the owner came out and invited me in and almost served me anyway but couldn't find the chef

I got the Chinese food an hour later it was more pricey than it should have been but still delicious

Old 03-26-2017, 08:35 PM   #220
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Actually the owner came out and invited me in and almost served me anyway but couldn't find the chef
Lol, was he blown away by your dedication

Old 03-26-2017, 08:40 PM   #221
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Bummer! Hope it clears soon. When do you get to leave Florida for grad school, again?
should be summer next year. possibly earlier if i have enough money to move earlier and find a good place or something. but probably not til summer. i'll have my BA in December but most clinical psych PhDs have cohort groups so they only have Fall start dates

Old 03-27-2017, 12:18 AM   #222
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

so pissed at myself, i left out my bag of cold cuts from publix today. i usually buy prepackaged but today i sprung for the good stuff. it's been sitting on my counter for 8 hours now. i mean it's only like $10 worth so it's not like i'm out a ton of money, but i really wanted a sammich

Old 03-27-2017, 12:55 AM   #223
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

You mind need medical attention if it's wax.
They put a syringe of warm saline water in your ear and flushes out the wax
I've had it done twice and it worke

Old 03-27-2017, 09:07 AM   #224
LaBelle
Socialphobic

So last night some guys were stealing phone wires from the pole in front of our house.
My sister's boyfriend heard noises and caught them doing it, unfortunately he turned on the living room light while peeking out and they saw him too.

He called the cops immediately, which arrived a couple minutes after... but the stealers managed to stay out of sight until the cops left. When the cops were gone the stealers returned and started throwing rocks at our house. They did some nasty damage to the entrance, lots of broken glass.

Love living in brazil

Old 03-27-2017, 09:38 AM   #225
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
so pissed at myself, i left out my bag of cold cuts from publix today. i usually buy prepackaged but today i sprung for the good stuff. it's been sitting on my counter for 8 hours now. i mean it's only like $10 worth so it's not like i'm out a ton of money, but i really wanted a sammich
What kinda meats we talkin'? Cuz if it's salami or some other cured meat, it'd still be OK to eat (probably).

Old 03-27-2017, 10:16 AM   #226
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I'd definitely try it before tossing it.

It's probably still fine... unless the weather is super hot and humid.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:25 AM   #227
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
So last night some guys were stealing phone wires from the pole in front of our house.
My sister's boyfriend heard noises and caught them doing it, unfortunately he turned on the living room light while peeking out and they saw him too.

He called the cops immediately, which arrived a couple minutes after... but the stealers managed to stay out of sight until the cops left. When the cops were gone the stealers returned and started throwing rocks at our house. They did some nasty damage to the entrance, lots of broken glass.

Love living in brazil
Holy smokes, that's friekin awful, was it your mom's or the apartment? Either way having broken windows/door glass is pretty scary. What a dastardly gang of theives

Old 03-27-2017, 10:27 AM   #228
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Holy smokes, that's friekin awful, was it your mom's or the apartment? Either way having broken windows/door glass is pretty scary. What a dastardly gang of theives
At my mom's. I woke up when they were throwing rocks because it sounded like gunshots it was so loud.

Old 03-27-2017, 03:01 PM   #229
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
What kinda meats we talkin'? Cuz if it's salami or some other cured meat, it'd still be OK to eat (probably).
turkey, ham, beef bolagna, american cheese

and yeah weather is humid, it's like 75 in my apartment but the humidity is very high

Old 03-27-2017, 04:10 PM   #230
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Yeah, I mean, for ten bucks I certainly wouldn't risk it. Just being the devil's advocate and suggesting that it might be okay.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #231
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Feed some to a friend and if they don't get sick, you'll know it's safe.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:34 PM   #232
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

just give it to your cat

Old 03-27-2017, 04:47 PM   #233
yo soy el mejor

labelle seems to be the most hardcore netphoria.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:58 PM   #234
cork_soaker
full of longing

ALL THIS FAWNING

AM UTTERLY SICK

Old 03-27-2017, 04:58 PM   #235
cork_soaker
full of longing

ALSO DONT EAT THE OLD MEAT REPRISE

Old 03-27-2017, 04:59 PM   #236
yo soy el mejor

saturday i purchased wax strips and tampons from walgreens and the dude was like 'gonna be a crazy night, huh?'

Old 03-27-2017, 04:59 PM   #237
yo soy el mejor

crazy painful.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:12 PM   #238
myosis
Minion of Satan

was it funny or creepy?

Old 03-27-2017, 05:16 PM   #239
yo soy el mejor

well, i wasn't creeped out. we chatted for a sec and he called himself annoying and i said he didn't seem annoying and he said he was a middle child. i said 'hey, me too! i get it.'

Old 03-27-2017, 05:35 PM   #240
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post

Love living in brazil
Christ. You mean the perpetrators weren't even scared enough of the police to leave the scene of the crime, and they just hid behind some bushes until they left or some shit? Did you get a good look at the cops' badges? Were their names "Clancy," "Eddie," and "Lou?"

You've mentioned being dissatisfied with living in Brazil a few times now. Any plans to move to another country? Costa Rica, maybe? I don't know if you speak Spanish or not, but your typed English is indistinguishable from that of a native speaker, so maybe an English-speaking country would suit you well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
saturday i purchased wax strips and tampons from walgreens and the dude was like 'gonna be a crazy night, huh?'
I don't get it... what does he think those things are for?

Seem to be fairly mundane cosmetic and hygienic products to me.