Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 01:09 AM   #151
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic
 
Floppy Nono's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,722
Default

i think the mods should unsticky the track listing thread and replace it with this thread since it basically has all the same basic information from the original post in that thread but it's expanded upon and considerably much more informative to the general public than that one.

 
Floppy Nono is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 01:09 AM   #152
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan
 
monkeyfritters's Avatar
 
Location: google
Posts: 6,663
Default

\(_o)/

 
monkeyfritters is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 01:10 AM   #153
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan
 
monkeyfritters's Avatar
 
Location: google
Posts: 6,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy Nono
i think the mods should unsticky the track listing thread and replace it with this thread since it basically has all the same basic information from the original post in that thread but it's expanded upon and considerably much more informative to the general public than that one.
but where is the leak? \(_o)/

 
monkeyfritters is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 01:11 AM   #154
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic
 
Floppy Nono's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,722
Default



right here guy

 
Floppy Nono is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 01:11 AM   #155
BlissedandGone2
Minion of Satan
 
BlissedandGone2's Avatar
 
Location: You don't play guitar hero if you are a guitar hero.
Posts: 5,801
Default

boy, i have to take a LEAK

 
BlissedandGone2 is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 01:16 AM   #156
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan
 
monkeyfritters's Avatar
 
Location: google
Posts: 6,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppy Nono


right here guy

this reminds me of machina...

 
monkeyfritters is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 01:25 AM   #157
the str
Pledge
 
the str's Avatar
 
Location: ohio
Posts: 219
Default

ITS GON' LEAK

 
the str is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 01:29 AM   #158
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic
 
Floppy Nono's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfritters
this reminds me of machina...
really? it doesn't look like a shit pile of career suicide to me

 
Floppy Nono is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 01:31 AM   #159
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan
 
monkeyfritters's Avatar
 
Location: google
Posts: 6,663
Default

yeah but it is overproduced and self indulgent.

 
monkeyfritters is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 01:32 AM   #160
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan
 
monkeyfritters's Avatar
 
Location: google
Posts: 6,663
Default

where are the fake "ZEITGEIST LEAK" threads? with links to naughty pix?

 
monkeyfritters is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 02:05 AM   #161
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster
 
MisterSquishyHalo's Avatar
 
Location: seattle, wa, usa
Posts: 3,964
Default

Some actual news.

Yes.

 
MisterSquishyHalo is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 05:39 AM   #162
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade
 
Location: Waiting in line for his geranium kiss
Posts: 15,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfritters
but where is the leak!!!!!!!!!

I've heard from various inside sources that the leak will not happen until my account on netphoria is deleted.

 
Esty is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 05:41 AM   #163
Quiet CD
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Quiet CD's Avatar
 
Location: wherever you aren't
Posts: 3,242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
I've heard from various inside sources that the leak will not happen until my account on netphoria is deleted.
that would be like killing two dragons with a grain of sand.

 
Quiet CD is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 05:55 AM   #164
BlissedandGone2
Minion of Satan
 
BlissedandGone2's Avatar
 
Location: You don't play guitar hero if you are a guitar hero.
Posts: 5,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averageprheight
Jeff Buckley - Scott Matthews
Thom Yorke - (Can't think of anyone at the moment)
Kurt Cobain - That guy from Nickelback LOLOL


Seriously though Scott Matthews is like Jeff Buckley/Nick Drake combined into one awesome pot of awesome.
http://www.myspace.com/scottmatthewsmusic

thome yorke - that crappy guy from Cold Play

 
BlissedandGone2 is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 06:34 AM   #165
stephen_bayne
Demi-God
 
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 320
Default

True. Either him or that bloke from Muse. Matt Bellamy(?)

 
stephen_bayne is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 06:35 AM   #166
Shapan
Socialphobic
 
Shapan's Avatar
 
Location: intellectual hobo
Posts: 11,801
Default

i hate you.

 
Shapan is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 06:47 AM   #167
stephen_bayne
Demi-God
 
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 320
Default

Are you talking to me?

 
stephen_bayne is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 06:51 AM   #168
Shapan
Socialphobic
 
Shapan's Avatar
 
Location: intellectual hobo
Posts: 11,801
Default

moreso the guy before you, but you're on thin ice buddy

 
Shapan is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 07:02 AM   #169
sniffingchimp
Ownz
 
sniffingchimp's Avatar
 
Posts: 769
Default

I know I'm going to get slammed for this - but why is everyone here so unbelievably wary of this album? I can't wait to hear it - the only time the Pumpkins have disappointed me is with Machina - one out of seven albums aint exactly a bad record to be keeping........ Give em a break (By the way, I'm excluding TFE and Mary Star of my Arse, I concur on those two fronts)

 
sniffingchimp is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 07:08 AM   #170
stephen_bayne
Demi-God
 
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapan
moreso the guy before you, but you're on thin ice buddy
Fair enough. Going by your avatar you don't like the constant compasions between other singers and Thom Yorke.

 
stephen_bayne is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 07:11 AM   #171
Shapan
Socialphobic
 
Shapan's Avatar
 
Location: intellectual hobo
Posts: 11,801
Default

unlike a lot of radiohead fans i love muse, they're a top 10 band of mine and i think radiohead and muse have their separate style. however i do also see the similarities and early muse did sound a lot like stuff you'd hear off the bends. bellamy and yorke are two of my favorite vocalists.

but chris martin is a piece of shit compared to thom yorke, and so is coldplay compared to radiohead.

enough of that back to boller

 
Shapan is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 07:37 AM   #172
mccririck
Apocalyptic Poster
 
mccririck's Avatar
 
Location: Spa
Posts: 3,884
Default

Leak please.

 
mccririck is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 09:46 AM   #173
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.
 
JokeyLoki's Avatar
 
Location: SECRET OBAMA FUCKDEN RENDEZVOUS
Posts: 24,317
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffingchimp
I know I'm going to get slammed for this - but why is everyone here so unbelievably wary of this album? I can't wait to hear it - the only time the Pumpkins have disappointed me is with Machina - one out of seven albums aint exactly a bad record to be keeping........ Give em a break (By the way, I'm excluding TFE and Mary Star of my Arse, I concur on those two fronts)
Because it's better to be wary and have your wariness founded than be hopeful and be completely disappointed.

 
JokeyLoki is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 10:07 AM   #174
sniffingchimp
Ownz
 
sniffingchimp's Avatar
 
Posts: 769
Default

Thats a fair enough point - but if you approach everything expecting to be disappointed, you'll never get excited about anything. Thats half the fun.

 
sniffingchimp is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 10:08 AM   #175
The New
Apocalyptic Poster
 
The New's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffingchimp
I know I'm going to get slammed for this - but why is everyone here so unbelievably wary of this album? I can't wait to hear it - the only time the Pumpkins have disappointed me is with Machina
Maybe because this isn't even the same band we know from 2000
And yes, you can say, well it was all b + j in the studio anyway, but this time the other members aren't even around at all

 
The New is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #176
Screwjack
Gonzo
 
Screwjack's Avatar
 
Location: truthhole.blogspot.com
Posts: 481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averageprheight
Jeff Buckley - Scott Matthews
Comparisons involving Jeff Buckley with any other artist will not be tolerated. You have been warned.

 
Screwjack is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #177
sniffingchimp
Ownz
 
sniffingchimp's Avatar
 
Posts: 769
Default

I accept that this is not the same band, but I think the potential is there for a really good album (although the mini reviews thus far have not been too gushing)......

As much as I hate to compare this to Zwan - the Pumpkins II is essentially Zwan 2 - I can only hope they have made a better choice of tracklist than what they utterly screwed up with MSOTS. It's been discussed to death, but good Christ, how many outstanding tracks did they discard in favour of absolute shite? Baby Lets Rock? *shudder*

I guess the point I'm trying to make is these two on their own have the capacity to make unbelievable music (think Zwan live - I actually enjoyed their show in Shepherd's Bush more than seeing the last European Pumpkins gig in Dublin), they just need to make better choices on what they're putting out there studio-wise.

 
sniffingchimp is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 11:00 AM   #178
Screwjack
Gonzo
 
Screwjack's Avatar
 
Location: truthhole.blogspot.com
Posts: 481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniffingchimp
I accept that this is not the same band, but I think the potential is there for a really good album (although the mini reviews thus far have not been too gushing)......

As much as I hate to compare this to Zwan - the Pumpkins II is essentially Zwan 2 - I can only hope they have made a better choice of tracklist than what they utterly screwed up with MSOTS. It's been discussed to death, but good Christ, how many outstanding tracks did they discard in favour of absolute shite? Baby Lets Rock? *shudder*

I guess the point I'm trying to make is these two on their own have the capacity to make unbelievable music (think Zwan live - I actually enjoyed their show in Shepherd's Bush more than seeing the last European Pumpkins gig in Dublin), they just need to make better choices on what they're putting out there studio-wise.

I'm sure now that they don't have Paz or Pajo they'll be fine. Sweeney was cool though. I wouldn't mind seeing him back.

 
Screwjack is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 11:11 AM   #179
Nickzilla
Pledge
 
Nickzilla's Avatar
 
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwjack
Comparisons involving Jeff Buckley with any other artist will not be tolerated. You have been warned.
Seriously, the guy in question sounds just like Buckley. When I heard his song Elusive, I thought that it must be some obscure Buckley b-side that I hadn't heard.

 
Nickzilla is offline
Old 04-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #180
Anvil Hands
Ownz
 
Anvil Hands's Avatar
 
Location: somewhere
Posts: 845
Default

My wife exists far outsid the world of todays music.
(her MP3 player has Donna Summer,Luther Vandros and Elton John on it)

We are driving in the car and SSPU song comes on the radio and she says hey they sound like the Smashing Pumpkins.

But back on topic: Leak the fookin thing already.

 
Anvil Hands is offline
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 PM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2019