Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2021, 05:15 AM   #121
TheAlter
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatvegetable View Post
Sold a few CD's through my contemptible behaviour though, so it hasn't all been an unmitigated failure.
The whole idea of trying to sell CDs or have people fork out actual $ for your music is ridiculous to begin with. These days even WPC is so afraid he's doing preorders.

A couple of your songs are admittedly better than what other delusional people are doing.

Just have some properly mixed (they sound like shit on these average priced monitors) do the name your price on Bandcamp and submit them to Spotify playlists.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:59 PM   #122
Machinist
Pledge

I met Alex microdance once. He seemed nice.

Old 04-04-2021, 09:00 PM   #123
Greatvegetable
Ownz

This is fucking genius, I take the piss posting about my band in a way that I obviously know is annoying, all done in jest, designed to engender a bit of jocular ill will towards me and this happens.

The thing is, Nicole Fiorentino sang on one of my albums but somehow, people posting 'eat sack' 85 times times in one thread is more germane to SP.

It's actually quite a brilliant indication of how inane society is now!

Old 04-04-2021, 10:51 PM   #124
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Tell us about your conviction. That sounds like a fun story.

Old 04-04-2021, 11:05 PM   #125
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
This is fucking genius, I take the piss posting about my band in a way that I obviously know is annoying, all done in jest, designed to engender a bit of jocular ill will towards me and this happens.

The thing is, Nicole Fiorentino sang on one of my albums but somehow, people posting 'eat sack' 85 times times in one thread is more germane to SP.

It's actually quite a brilliant indication of how inane society is now!
the thing is, things have to be funny to others to be good to say "in jest". otherwise you're just entertaining yourself and that gets old after the first 10 times.

Old 04-04-2021, 11:36 PM   #126
Shallowed
Braindead

Using the Nicole connection as an excuse to literally post spam about your band on the SP board is transparently disingenuous.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:43 AM   #127
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
The most upsetting thing about that article is what an awful picture of me that is.

And no, I will not tell you about it, but rest assured if I did, you would (or at least should) feel extremely sympathetic towards me.

Plus, if I went into it, the anomalously dark events and pernicious people at the centre of it, it'd only be fair to speak about why it happened between 'New Waves of Hope' and 'Our Love Noire' and those albums would make a shitload more sense to you and I reckon not only would you be more inclined to listen to them, but you'd be taking the songs a damn site more seriously and fucking rooting for me in a hard way.

But I'm not to mention my music. So, no there'll be nothing about my conviction, which I am neither ashamed nor emabarrsed about about in the slightest.

So, that's about as fun a story as you're doing to get from me.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:45 AM   #128
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
the thing is, things have to be funny to others to be good to say "in jest". otherwise you're just entertaining yourself and that gets old after the first 10 times.
Not to everyone they don't:

Definition of in jest
formal + old-fashioned
: as a joke
I didn't mean to upset you; I only said it in jest.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:53 AM   #129
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Using the Nicole connection as an excuse to literally post spam about your band on the SP board is transparently disingenuous.
Either that or I'm just having a laugh. If I wanted to seriously promote my music, I'd seed it somewhere else.

I am taking the rise because I know exactly how it will be received here.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:54 AM   #130
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
I met Alex microdance once. He seemed nice.
Hey! Where was that?

Old 04-05-2021, 04:26 AM   #131
smashingjj
fucking eh!

Old 04-05-2021, 04:37 AM   #132
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Either that or I'm just having a laugh.
Schroedinger's douchebag.

Old 04-05-2021, 07:25 AM   #133
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
The whole idea of trying to sell CDs or have people fork out actual $ for your music is ridiculous to begin with. These days even WPC is so afraid he's doing preorders.

A couple of your songs are admittedly better than what other delusional people are doing.

Just have some properly mixed (they sound like shit on these average priced monitors) do the name your price on Bandcamp and submit them to Spotify playlists.
Are you fucking kidding me?
New Waves of Hope was in the 10 best produced albums of 2015 at Tile Yard and it wasn't even made at Tile Yard.

Do you know who fucking records at Tile Yard and how many albums are made a year there?!

Old 04-05-2021, 07:37 AM   #134
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Schroedinger's douchebag.
Exactly.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:44 AM   #135
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Not to everyone they don't:

Definition of in jest
formal + old-fashioned
: as a joke
I didn't mean to upset you; I only said it in jest.
you're technically right, yeah, but you did mean it to upset us. so it's disingenuous. at least your bullshit has a thread now

Old 04-05-2021, 10:02 AM   #136
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
you're technically right, yeah, but you did mean it to upset us. so it's disingenuous. at least your bullshit has a thread now
'Upset' is a very strong word. I've been upset by a lot of things in my crazy times on this rock we call earth and every single one has been at least a tiny bit more significant than someone's post on an online messageboard!

For example, I'm not bothered one scintilla about people shitting on the music I've poured my heart, guts, every fibre of my emotional being and pretty much every penny I've ever owned into. The music for which I've recouped about 5% of recording costs through sales and streams.

And I honestly couldn't care less what people say about me here. So, if me dicking around by posting inordinately about my band is upsetting people, I have no idea what's going on here, especially considering the amount of ad hominem that goes on.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:08 PM   #137
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
'Upset' is a very strong word. I've been upset by a lot of things in my crazy times on this rock we call earth and every single one has been at least a tiny bit more significant than someone's post on an online messageboard!

For example, I'm not bothered one scintilla about people shitting on the music I've poured my heart, guts, every fibre of my emotional being and pretty much every penny I've ever owned into. The music for which I've recouped about 5% of recording costs through sales and streams.

And I honestly couldn't care less what people say about me here. So, if me dicking around by posting inordinately about my band is upsetting people, I have no idea what's going on here, especially considering the amount of ad hominem that goes on.
You're just being very condescending, which is what bothers me. You're also introducing the situation where you post your music and then act like a dick, which makes it more likely for people shit on your music. Not that you deserve it, but you're provoking it on purpose. So it's a bit disingenuous to seem like you're just trying to get out your life's work and an amusing way despite people being mean to you when you are in fact expecting and counting on it.

I am not extremely upset or anything, and I agree that upset is a strong word and this is not very important to me. But that doesn't mean you aren't ruining a little experience that improves my day and I wish you'd stop.

But I'm tired of this conversation and as long as you keep your band stuff in this thread I don't care.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:11 PM   #138
Machinist
Pledge

Quote:
Hey! Where was that?
I remember having a conversation with you on the London underground following a BC solo show at the London Forum.

Old 04-05-2021, 01:08 PM   #139
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
I remember having a conversation with you on the London underground following a BC solo show at the London Forum.
Wow! I remember that, you seemed very pleasant too. IIRC, one of the touring band members was down there too (not that there was much of a touring band - perhaps I'm mistaking it for an SP show).

Old 04-05-2021, 01:09 PM   #140
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
You're just being very condescending, which is what bothers me. You're also introducing the situation where you post your music and then act like a dick, which makes it more likely for people shit on your music. Not that you deserve it, but you're provoking it on purpose. So it's a bit disingenuous to seem like you're just trying to get out your life's work and an amusing way despite people being mean to you when Q
I am not extremely upset or anything, and I agree that upset is a strong word and this is not very important to me. But that doesn't mean you aren't ruining a little experience that improves my day and I wish you'd stop.

But I'm tired of this conversation and as long as you keep your band stuff in this thread I don't care.
you are in fact expecting and counting on it.

I am genuinely sorry if I'm ruining a little experience that improves your day... I think I'm done talking TMD here, even though we're working on a new EP.

Old 04-05-2021, 02:18 PM   #141
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
You're just being very condescending, which is what bothers me. You're also introducing the situation where you post your music and then act like a dick, which makes it more likely for people shit on your music. Not that you deserve it, but you're provoking it on purpose. So it's a bit disingenuous to seem like you're just trying to get out your life's work and an amusing way despite people being mean to you when Q

I am genuinely sorry if I'm ruining a little experience that improves your day... I think I'm done talking TMD here, even though we're working on a new EP.

Old 04-05-2021, 05:49 PM   #142
TheAlter
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
C’mon tell us. My money is on something along the lines of

Old 04-05-2021, 06:19 PM   #143
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
C’mon tell us. My money is on something along the lines of

Nope. Pretty fucking anomalous. Calling me the criminal was a joke. If you knew, you'd know why my music is so miserable.

Although, I have played some pretty shitty shows and it was for malicious communication, so there is some pertinence there.

Old 04-05-2021, 07:09 PM   #144
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:

For the record, I am not the one who created this thread and merged your posts in here. So it's not just me

Old 04-05-2021, 07:45 PM   #145
Greatvegetable
Ownz

Quote:
For the record, I am not the one who created this thread and merged your posts in here. So it's not just me
Honestly, I'm not in the slightest big bothered, the whole thread creation thing is quite amusing to me.

But, like I said, if I've upset people, that's not great nor is it amusing and I'm sorry.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:57 PM   #146
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

It's all good, no great foul or anything. It just seemed you were completely unaware or didn't care that people were asking you to stop.