Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 01:38 AM   #121
CrabbMan
Amish Hoe Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabbMan View Post
I might be interested in paying $1-2k for membership to a club where most of the archive material was available for download. Maybe instead of a collectible USB drive, a collectible external hard drive with a ton of unmastered shit that I could delve into myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
wtf
Seriously, in the past couple decades if you count all the shows, official merchandise, and second-hand merchandise, I've spent in the tens of thousands of dollars on this bands' music. At this point in my life, spending that much would be easily worth it to have it all laid out: the gold through the shit, whatever. I don't even know if it would be worth it for the band to digitize everything and make it public, but it's something i'd be into.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:35 AM   #122
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

it sounds like you need to re-prioritize your life.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:38 AM   #123
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
wtf
Different strokes.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:27 AM   #124
TheLucky13
Amish Rake Fighter

Hi everyone,

Thank you to all those that took the time to fill out the survey - the stats are really important for the project!

We posted this update on the o-board earlier:

"We sent Billy a proposal with 4 suggested archive items to release. Our initial requests were based on a combination of past and current data (data based on fan demand). There was a lot of back and forth, and Billy said that our #1 request item for release was a good idea. We are currently negotiating preliminary format/pricing systems for the first release with Billy. Once Billy approves a preliminary format/pricing structure and says that the first release is a 100% go, we will finally reveal the first release and the initial preliminary format/pricing systems. We will make this announcement on the dedicated Lucky 13 forum that has been setup. We have not made the Lucky 13 forum public as a few fans stated that they did not want another place where people could just request random stuff and talk in circles.

We are looking forward to announcing the first release and getting fan input to tweak/improve the format/pricing systems.

Please keep in mind that future releases will not exactly roll out the same way. This is the first release...we are trying to not repeat mistakes from the past and we are all new at this (as anyone would be). "

Old 05-15-2012, 02:42 AM   #125
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

So now you guys are announcing announcements?

Old 05-15-2012, 02:52 AM   #126
TheLucky13
Amish Rake Fighter

No, it was just a general update since some fans on the official board were wondering what the team was up to.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:41 AM   #127
DiscoJon
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLucky13 View Post
"We sent Billy a proposal with 4 suggested archive items to release."
So what are the 4 items?

Old 05-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #128
cokefantastic
Pledge

it's a secret for no reason

Old 05-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #129
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro View Post
So now you guys are announcing announcements?
Quote:
No, it was just a general update since some fans on the official board were wondering what the team was up to.
>>>

Quote:
Once Billy approves a preliminary format/pricing structure and says that the first release is a 100% go, we will finally reveal the first release and the initial preliminary format/pricing systems. We will make this announcement on the dedicated Lucky 13 forum that has been setup.
Quote:
We are looking forward to announcing the first release and getting fan input to tweak/improve the format/pricing systems.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #130
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

so who has access to the dedicated lucky 13 forum? how are we gonna hear about the announcement if no-one has access?

Old 05-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #131
TheLucky13
Amish Rake Fighter

Would have it been better if we used the word 'reveal' all the way through instead? We saw it as more of an outline of procedure. It's not a tease or anything...it's how things are going to roll out...the next steps. It's interesting to see how different communities respond to updates. Based on preference, we could just post official news here.

The announcement will also be made on Crestfallen, our Facebook, Twitter, etc. If fans prefer to have their own discussions here on the formats and pricing of the first release - that is fine. However, the dedicated/official messageboard for Lucky 13 discussions will be a public one on sp.com.

As for not revealing the suggested items just yet - we assumed that many fans would not like to live through release ideas being scrapped for whatever reason during negotiations...and to later find out that a particular item may not see the light of day. This is why we are not revealing the first release until negotiations are completed and Billy gives 100% approval for the release.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #132
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Tell us the day we can order it, until then STFU.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #133
cokefantastic
Pledge

Quote:
we assumed that many fans would not like to live through release ideas being scrapped for whatever reason during negotiations...and to later find out that a particular item may not see the light of day.

haha, you guys are dorks. I wish I could be in your cool club.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #134
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

Well I appreciate the update on this.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #135
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

"If fans prefer to have their own discussions here on the formats and pricing of the first release - that is fine. However, the dedicated/official messageboard for Lucky 13 discussions will be a public one on sp.com."

does this mean discussions here and elsewhere will be aggregated into your proposals?

Old 05-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #136
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Why put such a bottleneck into releasing archival material?? many bands have done a better job and were more straight forward with their fans instead of putting a ridiculous closed club in charge of doing this crap. but hey, maybe Billy has run out of money to hire professionals to deal with it.

Anyway, when the hell is the remastered edition Pisces coming out? wasn't it supposed to be out by now?

Old 05-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #137
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Anyway, when the hell is the remastered edition Pisces coming out? wasn't it supposed to be out by now?
This part is really scaring me. I want them to get to MCIS... those unreleased tracks are what I've been waiting for.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #138
Kahlo

Every time I think of the Lucky 13 crew I think of Team Venture.

http://www.panelsonpages.com/wp-cont...am-venture.jpg

Old 05-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #139
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
This part is really scaring me. I want them to get to MCIS... those unreleased tracks are what I've been waiting for.
I said it another thread Billy has to many projects everyone of them behind schedule. He's is going to freak out and cancel all of them.

PI is a month late with no explanation at all.

Last edited by Rider : 05-15-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #140
TheLucky13
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy drevpile View Post
"If fans prefer to have their own discussions here on the formats and pricing of the first release - that is fine. However, the dedicated/official messageboard for Lucky 13 discussions will be a public one on sp.com."

does this mean discussions here and elsewhere will be aggregated into your proposals?
Yes, discussions here and elsewhere will be aggregated in proposals. The discussions among fans will probably be more active on sp.com though.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #141
TheLucky13
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Why put such a bottleneck into releasing archival material?? many bands have done a better job and were more straight forward with their fans instead of putting a ridiculous closed club in charge of doing this crap. but hey, maybe Billy has run out of money to hire professionals to deal with it.

As stated previously, future releases will probably not roll out the same way. We are just being diligent for this first release. I'm sure you are aware of past attempts to release archival material.

Pisces should be released sometime this summer. Billy has definitely been working on the Mellon Collie/Aeroplane reissues. The Adore reissue will probably be released on Record Store Day 2013 (as stated in an interview), so there is a few months delay with the reissues. They are massive undertakings - especially with so many tapes being misplaced/mislabeled.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #142
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
As stated previously, future releases will probably not roll out the same way. We are just being diligent for this first release. I'm sure you are aware of past attempts to release archival material.

Pisces should be released sometime this summer. Billy has definitely been working on the Mellon Collie/Aeroplane reissues. The Adore reissue will probably be released on Record Store Day 2013 (as stated in an interview), so there is a few months delay with the reissues. They are massive undertakings - especially with so many tapes being misplaced/mislabeled.
Again tell use when we can buy this crap until then STFU.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #143
bs1933
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Again tell use when we can buy this crap until then STFU.
That would be hilarious if he just stopped all of the archive projects bc you don't want to hear anything else from lucky 13. Maybe you can just stay out of this thread if it bothers you so much.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:37 AM   #144
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs1933 View Post
That would be hilarious if he just stopped all of the archive projects bc you don't want to hear anything else from lucky 13. Maybe you can just stay out of this thread if it bothers you so much.
I've been listening to this "We are analyzing ways to make the archives available" crap for a decade.

Stop talking about shit and just fucking do it if your are going.

Stop getting attention by dangling the carrot.

It's fucking constant.

"We are tired of the old model of put an album and tour, you will hear more from us in March"

Just shut up and tell when you put something out.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:14 AM   #145
starlightvideoproductions
Ownz

So here is what I would do: I would release a show. Then, I'd release another. Or maybe studio stuff. Point is, just release something! I wouldn't make an announcement that in the near future I'll be announcing what show will be first.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:35 AM   #146
Kahlo

I think at this point, no-one cares. None of us believe that this is actually going to happen, so why should we?

Old 05-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #147
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Make It Happen

Old 05-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #148
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightvideoproductions View Post
So here is what I would do: I would release a show. Then, I'd release another. Or maybe studio stuff. Point is, just release something! I wouldn't make an announcement that in the near future I'll be announcing what show will be first.
They didn't even announce that, that announced that they are going to talk to Billy to see if they will ever have anything to announce.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #149
Robert Paulson
Pledge

Make it Happen and As Rome Burns sounded the best live from this era. Fitting that they never see the light of day

Old 05-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #150
Kahlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
They didn't even announce that, that announced that they are going to talk to Billy to see if they will ever have anything to announce.
Look, if this little clique want to play imaginary power games with Billy and the archives then go ahead, but either keep fans in the loop or just fuck off with this utterly pointless bullshit.

* I sense an announcement of an announcement *