Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-17-2017, 11:13 AM   #1
fuzzyroes
Banned

Default Corgan feature in the latest issue of Guitar World

There's a little write-up about Oceania an a pretty good Q&A. I haven't really been keeping up with the new interviews or anything, but he seems like he's in a good place during this one. Sounds like he's actually hoping to make some new music with the Pumpkins if they get back together.

Oh and there's a new full-page picture of him. He actually looks like he's lost about 10-15 pounds.

Thought I'd mention this for any of the people who like collecting SP related magazines and what not.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/...-album-ogilala
Quote:
Sixties Gibson Tortoise
what a great name for a guitar.

wait I have no idea about this, did they really use that material for guitar parts, tortoise shell??? hm 60ies, was that still before you weren't allowed to use it
(don't mind me, learning something new - thanks google, yes it was. I never played a guitar with real Schildpatt, didn't realize that was a thing.)

Old 11-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #3
Ram27
dumb

writeup about oceania?

Old 11-17-2017, 06:46 PM   #4
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

At the end the required question about the future of The SMASHING PUMPKINS:

Any more you can add on the future of the band?
Obviously, there’s plenty of healthy interest for us to play shows, but I’m much more interested in that if it includes us working again as a creative unit. It’s pretty obvious that I’ve had my best success as a rock musician with that lineup in some form, and I think it has a lot to do with when and how we came together. Whether we could recreate that magic in any form remains to be seen, but it would be nice to try.

And to be clear, we are talking about the original members, right?
Well, you never know, because everybody’s got their own lives now. It’s not like people are sitting at home waiting by the telephone. I mean, Jimmy is super-involved in tech. James is a successful producer and does his own soundtracks. D’arcy is living a very private life. It’s not as simple to say, “Oh, let’s all go meet on Main Street on Tuesday.” I think there’s lots of other factors that also ******* children, schedules and stuff like that.

But again, speaking personally, my interest is just to be creative. It’s great to play the old songs, but it’s not really a creative endeavor unless you talk about the staging and the lights. At the end of the day, you’re still doing something that’s already been done, and my heart lies in doing something that hasn’t been done. So we’ll see.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:53 PM   #5
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

"A very private life."

Hmm.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:26 PM   #6
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

it's amazing how he repeats the same stuff in every single interview almost verbatim

i agree he's sounding good though

Old 11-17-2017, 09:55 PM   #7
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
it's amazing how he repeats the same stuff in every single interview almost verbatim

i agree he's sounding good though
to be fair most press junkets are you sitting in a hotel room for a day or two while an endless parade of reporters come visit you.

its like comedy. you develop material.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:12 PM   #8
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
"A very private life."
I like to use that term to describe my life. It's better than saying I have no life.