Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-24-2015, 05:27 PM   #61
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

serotonin syndrome is serious and i would think/hope psychiatrists would rule that out really quickly once seeing any symptoms of it. but, some doctors suck

hope she improves, bonnie.

at one point i was taking an cymbalta @ double the approved dose and mirtazapine @ the highest approved dose, plus seroquel which selectively blocks serotonin at some receptors and enhances it at others. never had a hint of serotonin syndrome but you better believe i stay away from grapefruit juice and am aware that i have to be really cautious with dextromethorphan and some pain meds. i still take the cymbalta and seroquel but no mirtazapine

Last edited by reprise85 : 05-24-2015 at 05:38 PM.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:22 AM   #62
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

well i've done it. i have now for the first time in my life swallowed a med. i've given in. one of you now.

well..ok i had tried like 2 or 3 at trials i guess. always with bad results.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:26 AM   #63
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."
Red face

i feel so much happier towards life now. a veil has been lifted. life has begun. i think i'm cured. i don't think i need the rest of this prescription.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:10 AM   #64
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
there isn't much evidence for above 60mg, but anecdotally 120mg works much better for me than 60mg did.

sorry about your med problems. hopefully they can do some tweaking, like wellbutrin or going back on lamictal or w/e

one good thing about florida is the lack of anything even approaching a real winter, so SAD is uncommon here afaik
Thanks reprise...I might start taking two pills a day and just see how I go for a week.

The winter is milder here than in NZ and that's one of the reasons we moved here - but still a noticeable winter - the days are shorter.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:16 AM   #65
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
My sister takes medication and apparently might be suffering from serotonin syndrome. She's been to multiple psychiatrists and they think she's ok (even though she's above the legal dosage for lots of her meds...) even though she is getting worse. I don't feel great about talking about her business but she doesn't read here so hopefully you guys won't ruin my or her life over it. I need to vent because this has been a big family issue.
oh that sucks I don't have any experience with that

Old 05-25-2015, 09:33 AM   #66
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Thanks reprise...I might start taking two pills a day and just see how I go for a week.

The winter is milder here than in NZ and that's one of the reasons we moved here - but still a noticeable winter - the days are shorter.
i wasn't suggesting you do that, but if you do be sure to tell your doc. you know this though. the good thing about cymbalta is the quick effect it has on norepinephrine. i noticed a difference within a few days back in 2005 (?) when i first started taking it. so if norepinephrine is a major problem for you it's pretty encouraging

Old 05-25-2015, 01:11 PM   #67
MusicMan4

yeah i thought serotonin syndrome was basically like, you're dead without immediate intervention

at least that's what scared me off taking mdma whenever i was on anti-depressants

Old 05-25-2015, 01:52 PM   #68
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i think once it gets to the level where they will call it serotonin syndrome it is life threatening but you can have milder symptoms that persist while you're on too many things that increase the amount of serotonin active in your synapses that is technically the same syndrome but would be considered sub-acute

not an expert on it though, just my understanding

Old 05-25-2015, 01:57 PM   #69
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i think i had mild serotonin syndrome once when i was on all of my meds at their height plus i took like 25 tramadols in one day. i thought i was going to have a seizure from the tramadol plus all my meds so also took i think 4mg of clonazepam

i was having myoclonic jerks/twitching and kept losing consciousness for tiny amounts of time over and over, i was so scared but too much pride to go to hospital, i kept walking up and down the hall of my apartment building over and over (it was on the outside of the building) for probably 2-3 hours. also confusion/agitation/sweating

Old 05-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #70
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

ive been worn out and feeling very cold for about an hour. don't know if its related. not in the side effects. i mean i know the ambient temp hasn't changed otherwise the heater would come on. in fact i set it up three degrees and it worked for a bit and now has shut down which means it raised the temp by 3 degrees and i'm still cold

i need something to remove my super awareness i think.... that's part of my anxiety disorder. And why i have hypochondria.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:25 PM   #71
MusicMan4

i've been having really bad meltdowns but they're directly related to horrible shit happening that for once i'm not going to talk about on here
i really fucking hate meds and i won't go back on them
i just can't
i know it's not realistic to feel like i did for the last month when everything was going well but i'll take experiencing real emotions in reaction to bad stuff happening as a trade off

Old 05-25-2015, 02:26 PM   #72
MusicMan4

i am considering taking kratom back up though :|

Old 05-25-2015, 02:26 PM   #73
MusicMan4

justsomethingtothinkaboutthepartyqueenmadamkratom

Old 05-25-2015, 02:39 PM   #74
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris Hilton View Post
i've been having really bad meltdowns but they're directly related to horrible shit happening that for once i'm not going to talk about on here
i really fucking hate meds and i won't go back on them
i just can't
i know it's not realistic to feel like i did for the last month when everything was going well but i'll take experiencing real emotions in reaction to bad stuff happening as a trade off
you're allowed to have a honeymoon period, and things will hopefully always be better than they were. you got dis

Old 05-25-2015, 02:40 PM   #75
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
ive been worn out and feeling very cold for about an hour. don't know if its related. not in the side effects. i mean i know the ambient temp hasn't changed otherwise the heater would come on. in fact i set it up three degrees and it worked for a bit and now has shut down which means it raised the temp by 3 degrees and i'm still cold

i need something to remove my super awareness i think.... that's part of my anxiety disorder. And why i have hypochondria.
yeah you really do need something to stop you from thinking about it. video game, sex, walk?

Old 05-25-2015, 02:58 PM   #76
slunken
Virgo

all 3 at once

#videogamesexwalk

Old 05-25-2015, 02:58 PM   #77
slunken
Virgo

i would play a game called "sex walk"

Old 05-25-2015, 02:59 PM   #78
MusicMan4

isn't that leisure suit larry?

Old 05-25-2015, 03:01 PM   #79
slunken
Virgo

dang you're right

in my game "sex walk", its more of an open-world open-gender thing though

Old 05-25-2015, 03:01 PM   #80
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

aside from sex with myself it's not much a possibility.

ive been trying gta V anyway. at least this copy is working.

there's sex in it and you can walk....

Old 05-25-2015, 03:05 PM   #81
MusicMan4

i wanna pirate gtav for the pc because i feel justified in that i already bought the x360 and ps4 versions but my computer wouldn't run it anyway
i need to steal order66's big swinging dick gamer rig

Old 05-27-2015, 04:49 PM   #82
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

my days atm http://imgur.com/a/YET5abv