Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 02-18-2018, 05:45 AM   #931
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Thumbs down

Mr. Buchanan is a scholar and a poet. Also he's hella cute.

Shame on you, paranoid.

Old 02-18-2018, 05:57 AM   #932
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old 02-18-2018, 07:01 AM   #933
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

1. BlastEcho: publishes a statement saying she is bummed out she won't be included.

2. the reaction of a ton of Bullyfans on social media: "she is lying, she certainly was never even asked to be part of it."

3. Buttcannon provides a niche platform which she chose to show that she was not lying about a reunion talk that did in fact take place.

- paranoid conclusion: Buttcannon's fault that she is not part of it. She should have just been fine with being called a liar who lost it and imagined being talked to while tripping on her horses and should have talked to a therapist instead.

aha.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:11 AM   #934
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

I think I'm not paranoid.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:50 AM   #935
whywontyoulistn
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
They do get together at the farm. D'arcy is a bit flaky, doesn't have her gear set up properly, Billy has to tune her guitar, they jam but not much comes out of it. She hasn't got the chops. Still, he brings her back to LA to jam with the others. Again, no chemistry - she can't play very well, forgets the songs, and when they try to jam out something new, she can't keep up with Jimmy.
It's sad how that sounds a million times better than what actually happened.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:13 PM   #936
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

A nice video report on D'arcy's text messages, posted at Alternative Nation:

Old 02-18-2018, 05:55 PM   #937
Kumar Littlejeans
Demi-God

this D’arcy being gaslit perspective is an important thing to examine, and good on this thread. There’s no reason anybody should be giving Corgan the benefit of the doubt anymore. Buuuuuut there’s another two band members here that have also not reached out to D’arcy. The story about James and Billy coming to her and suggesting a break in 1999 is revealing for the insight and also what she’s leaving out of the story. “Exhaustion” and panic attacks are usually biproducts of something, and I’m sure some of it was band pressure. But they hadn’t been touring for months at that point. And I’m not trying to point at D’arcy and say “look at that weirdo” when we think of how she looked on the Arising tour, but she clearly wasn’t just tired and anxious. When she talks about her drug history now she’s ridiculously vague and insists she was never addicted to anything. She’s even still insisting this movie with Mickey Rourke and Twiggy was a valid project. I read this interview and I see a drug addict who never got help, never admitted any addiction, whose had enough money to hide out this entire time. Why would you go out of your way to invite that into a scenario that’s already been derailed twice by this very problem. Even if the feeling here is that D’arcy has been massively wronged, she herself is laying out a timeline here that reads as “we’re inviting you back” (scene missing) “we’re not inviting you back” and she herself is responsible for the scene missing portions.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:33 PM   #938
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

exactly

Old 02-19-2018, 09:30 PM   #939
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

To the people blaming Buttcannon, D'arcy actually told him she was strongly considering talking to Rolling Stone the next day, and actually insisted on sending him the text messages at the end of the interview to clarify statements she made during the interview. She constantly said during the interview she had to send him the texts. She really wanted them out there.

She even mentioned possibly holding some out for Rolling Stone, but she ended up just sending them to to Buttcannon. Don't know why the Rolling Stone interview didn't happen, maybe Buttcannon covered everything.

Also to people thinking Buttcannon was stirring trouble, there is a very nasty thing that D'arcy said in the heat of the moment about Billy (not some unknown story, but an insult) that likely would have caused irreversible damage in their relationship that Buttcannon did not put in the interview. D'arcy thanked him after the fact. Don't ask Buttcannon what it was, he won't tell you.

Buttcannon never baited her to trash Billy, the whole point of the interview from his perspective if you pay attention is to identify miscommunication, and how to fix their issues.

FoolofaTank, I'm sure Buttcannon thanks you for calling him cute

Old 02-19-2018, 09:45 PM   #940
FoolofaTook

Old 02-19-2018, 09:51 PM   #941
FoolofaTook

Sorry I was just being silly. I uh tend to get carried away.

But buttcannon srsly did a good job interviewing darcy. it's not easy to ask someone about personal stuff that might ******* drug abuse without sounding judgemental or condemning.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:12 PM   #942
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar Littlejeans View Post
The story about James and Billy coming to her and suggesting a break in 1999 is revealing for the insight and also what she’s leaving out of the story. “Exhaustion” and panic attacks are usually biproducts of something, and I’m sure some of it was band pressure. But they hadn’t been touring for months at that point. And I’m not trying to point at D’arcy and say “look at that weirdo” when we think of how she looked on the Arising tour, but she clearly wasn’t just tired and anxious. When she talks about her drug history now she’s ridiculously vague and insists she was never addicted to anything. She’s even still insisting this movie with Mickey Rourke and Twiggy was a valid project. I read this interview and I see a drug addict who never got help, never admitted any addiction, whose had enough money to hide out this entire time.

Yeah, her whole "I didn't see cocaine til I was 27" was straight out of Lindsay Lohan's "I've only done cocaine five times" playbook. I mean... they toured with, like, Jane's Addiction and the Chili Peppers in the early days, plus the Metro was connected to Smart Bar and I'm sure the Chicago house and alt rock paths crossed quite a bit, especially when it came to party favors. Unless, like, Grant Lee Buffalo or whoever opened for them for MCIS were big cokeheads? LOL

In his autobiography, Anthony Kiedis mentioned D'arcy doing whip-its backstage when they toured together... and - in my opinion and experience - if you're doing whip-its in your mid-20s, you'll do anything you can get your hands on. Take it from me, I used to do anything I could get my hands on!

I wish D'arcy health and happiness and I support her, wherever she is in her recovery. However, I can't turn away from the fact that Bill has done a number on her, yet again and played with her emotions just as she let him back in. It sucks.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:29 PM   #943
FoolofaTook

Whilst roaming the barren streets at night I've come across numerous empty (alas) nitrous cartridges. How do they get there? Do ppl do whippets in their cars and toss them out?

Americans... pshaw.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:32 PM   #944
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post

Also to people thinking Buttcannon was stirring trouble, there is a very nasty thing that D'arcy said in the heat of the moment about Billy (not some unknown story, but an insult) that likely would have caused irreversible damage in their relationship that Buttcannon did not put in the interview. D'arcy thanked him after the fact. Don't ask Buttcannon what it was, he won't tell you.
confirmed: billy has never gotten over the fact that d'arcy was in love with james and not him

just kidding, good going buttcannon.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:01 PM   #945
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

I'm sure there's a bit of truth to that too, reprise

Old 02-19-2018, 11:02 PM   #946
slayed23
Ownz

Honest question.

What percentage of 90s alternative music fans would know who Darcy is? I am talking about a random person that knows the Pumpkins hits and maybe even plays a few of them from time to time.

Like, I like a lot of bands and I don't know ALL the original members of most of these bands.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:06 PM   #947
fuzzyroes
Banned

Depends if said 90's alternative fans were actually listening in the heyday or not... If they were, then pretty much everyone knows who D'arcy is... If it's some teenager or kid in their 20's then I really don't know... Probably not as many.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:19 PM   #948
Killly_Borgan
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess View Post
Yeah, her whole "I didn't see cocaine til I was 27" was straight out of Lindsay Lohan's "I've only done cocaine five times" playbook. I mean... they toured with, like, Jane's Addiction and the Chili Peppers in the early days, plus the Metro was connected to Smart Bar and I'm sure the Chicago house and alt rock paths crossed quite a bit, especially when it came to party favors. Unless, like, Grant Lee Buffalo or whoever opened for them for MCIS were big cokeheads? LOL

In his autobiography, Anthony Kiedis mentioned D'arcy doing whip-its backstage when they toured together... and - in my opinion and experience - if you're doing whip-its in your mid-20s, you'll do anything you can get your hands on. Take it from me, I used to do anything I could get my hands on!

I wish D'arcy health and happiness and I support her, wherever she is in her recovery. However, I can't turn away from the fact that Bill has done a number on her, yet again and played with her emotions just as she let him back in. It sucks.
This right here.

If you ever read Chris Connelly's memoir, and to a lesser (MUCH lesser) extent Al Jourgensen's memoir, they mention all the drugs going on at Smart bar, and FWIW, Chris and AL don't really see eye to eye.

If D'arcy had never seen cocaine until she was 27, it's only because her eyes were closed

Old 02-20-2018, 12:15 AM   #949
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
Honest question.

What percentage of 90s alternative music fans would know who Darcy is? I am talking about a random person that knows the Pumpkins hits and maybe even plays a few of them from time to time.

Like, I like a lot of bands and I don't know ALL the original members of most of these bands.
I'd think a lot of casuals from the 90's wouldn't know her name, but they'd probably know her as that 'blonde chick bassist' based on seeing the videos on MTV back then.

Someone else posted this recently on here and it probably is the best perception of the casual 90's fans of the band: it's Billy Corgan, the cool Asian guy, the hot blonde chick, and the badass heroin addict.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:21 AM   #950
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
A nice video report on D'arcy's text messages, posted at Alternative Nation:

Why has it got erased after a few days? Other videos citing the text messages are still online...

Old 02-20-2018, 10:15 AM   #951
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:

Someone else posted this recently on here and it probably is the best perception of the casual 90's fans of the band: it's Billy Corgan, the cool Asian guy, the hot blonde chick, and the badass heroin addict.
This is hilarious. The crowd I know that is passingly familiar with the Pumpkins only know Billy and D'Arcy, though.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:24 AM   #952
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

might be a case of Euros only, but nobody I grew up with or mentioned the pumpkins to after they broke up knew the names of James Iha or Jimmy Chamberlin. but who d'arcy was, they knew.

probably because you could count the women on stages on any instrument (in successful bands outside the pop world) on one hand then.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:34 AM   #953
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
it's Billy Corgan, the cool Asian guy, the hot blonde chick, and the badass heroin addict.
which one died? cause i'm pretty sure everyone thinks one of them died.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:38 AM   #954
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
To the people blaming Buttcannon, D'arcy actually told him she was strongly considering talking to Rolling Stone the next day, and actually insisted on sending him the text messages at the end of the interview to clarify statements she made during the interview. She constantly said during the interview she had to send him the texts. She really wanted them out there.

She even mentioned possibly holding some out for Rolling Stone, but she ended up just sending them to to Buttcannon. Don't know why the Rolling Stone interview didn't happen, maybe Buttcannon covered everything.

Buttcannon never baited her to trash Billy, the whole point of the interview from his perspective if you pay attention is to identify miscommunication, and how to fix their issues.

FoolofaTank, I'm sure Buttcannon thanks you for calling him cute
I bet it was some insult about how he was bald

On a more personal note Brett, what were thoughts on D'arcy's well being? Additionally, just a few other questions I have.

-What are your personal thoughts and beliefs on D'arcy's drug use? If D'arcy had said something more along the lines of, "I had a serious addiction problem, but I have worked these last few years to get it under control," that would have been a lot better for her credibility than "lol I never get addicted to drugs. I just take them." Honestly, that was the only part of the interview that hurt her credibility. Charlie Sheen and Courtney Love have said the EXACT same thing before and later admitted they were high out of their minds when they said that stuff.

-Did you ever get the impressions D'arcy "played up" her spaciness to dodge more difficult questions. I've seen just about every interview with D'arcy since the 1990s, and she always seems a little "out of it" in interviews. No big deal. Some people just get that way around cameras and the press. However, I noticed she could give very long, direct, and pointed answers when it was something she wanted to get off her chest (e.g. how much recording with Billy sucked, how little Billy tried to get in touch with her), but when you asked her some pretty direct questions (did you quit or get fired after Machina, how much did you actually play on the recordings) she seemed to give non-committal answers and change the subject.

Also, fuck off to anyone calling out Weilandfan for posting this interview. I, admittedly, have gotten a little frustrated by the ridiculous headlines and click-baiting on Alternative Nation, but Brett seems to genuinely love this music and always gives out credits when he uses information from forums. (He posted a transcription I wrote of a radio interview with Billy I posted in 2016. I actually got a kick out of being named on the article). D'arcy was clearly on the war path, and I am happy she chose to interview with someone who communicates with the fans and can provide context, as opposed to Rolling Stone.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:50 AM   #955
Cool As Ice Cream

brett buttcannon!
do you agree everyone should leave d'arcy alone now?

Old 02-20-2018, 01:47 PM   #956
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
I bet it was some insult about how he was bald

On a more personal note Brett, what were thoughts on D'arcy's well being? Additionally, just a few other questions I have.

-What are your personal thoughts and beliefs on D'arcy's drug use? If D'arcy had said something more along the lines of, "I had a serious addiction problem, but I have worked these last few years to get it under control," that would have been a lot better for her credibility than "lol I never get addicted to drugs. I just take them." Honestly, that was the only part of the interview that hurt her credibility. Charlie Sheen and Courtney Love have said the EXACT same thing before and later admitted they were high out of their minds when they said that stuff.

-Did you ever get the impressions D'arcy "played up" her spaciness to dodge more difficult questions. I've seen just about every interview with D'arcy since the 1990s, and she always seems a little "out of it" in interviews. No big deal. Some people just get that way around cameras and the press. However, I noticed she could give very long, direct, and pointed answers when it was something she wanted to get off her chest (e.g. how much recording with Billy sucked, how little Billy tried to get in touch with her), but when you asked her some pretty direct questions (did you quit or get fired after Machina, how much did you actually play on the recordings) she seemed to give non-committal answers and change the subject.

Also, fuck off to anyone calling out Weilandfan for posting this interview. I, admittedly, have gotten a little frustrated by the ridiculous headlines and click-baiting on Alternative Nation, but Brett seems to genuinely love this music and always gives out credits when he uses information from forums. (He posted a transcription I wrote of a radio interview with Billy I posted in 2016. I actually got a kick out of being named on the article). D'arcy was clearly on the war path, and I am happy she chose to interview with someone who communicates with the fans and can provide context, as opposed to Rolling Stone.
Regarding drugs, I don't know for sure. It's hard to say since we haven't really seen her in public in years unlike most musicians.

Why I would be skeptical of her being on drugs is I would think Billy would have mentioned that in the texts once things started getting heated, or at least made a vague mention of it in the band's statement. She did mention that 2017 was a very hard year for her (personal losses/family strife, she still seemed to be feeling this), but that in 2016 she was in a great place. Alcohol is tough to say, because even if someone were to drink post drug use, we don't know if that necessarily makes them an alcoholic. Perry Farrell still drinks wine after recovering from heroin, but then Scott Weiland was a total alcoholic even when he wasn't using.

She's definitely an off the wall person to talk to (engaging, funny, but also wayyyyyyyy all over the place), and she even admitted to having severe ADHD. It definitely did seem like she liked to focus on talking about things she wanted to talk about, it took several attempts to get the story about inviting Billy to her farm. In many cases though it seemed like she didn't remember specifics about certain things.

Regarding MACHINA, it seemed like she didn't even know for sure. She basically said she did her own versions of the songs and still got sent Gold records, but she didn't seem to know for sure what happened after she was fired.

Buttcannon will go through the recordings again soon to see if there's some additional tidbits/stories to put out, but it's a lot of stuff to go through.

People should leave D'arcy alone, she seemed to find closure with her past by doing the interview. But I also would love if Billy would reach out to her, even if they never play together again, just to find peace.

Buttcannon has to do clickbait headlines based on the algorithms designed by Mark Zuckerberg and other websites. If you don't frame your headline a certain way, literally nobody will see it.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:02 PM   #957
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Regarding drugs, I don't know for sure. It's hard to say since we haven't really seen her in public in years unlike most musicians.

Why I would be skeptical of her being on drugs is I would think Billy would have mentioned that in the texts once things started getting heated, or at least made a vague mention of it in the band's statement. She did mention that 2017 was a very hard year for her (personal losses/family strife, she still seemed to be feeling this), but that in 2016 she was in a great place. Alcohol is tough to say, because even if someone were to drink post drug use, we don't know if that necessarily makes them an alcoholic. Perry Farrell still drinks wine after recovering from heroin, but then Scott Weiland was a total alcoholic even when he wasn't using.

She's definitely an off the wall person to talk to (engaging, funny, but also wayyyyyyyy all over the place), and she even admitted to having severe ADHD. It definitely did seem like she liked to focus on talking about things she wanted to talk about, it took several attempts to get the story about inviting Billy to her farm. In many cases though it seemed like she didn't remember specifics about certain things.

Regarding MACHINA, it seemed like she didn't even know for sure. She basically said she did her own versions of the songs and still got sent Gold records, but she didn't seem to know for sure what happened after she was fired. I agree that it would be great for Billy to reach out, even if she didn't join the tour. Unlike James from 2000-2016, who seemed to have genuinely made peace with the band, it seems obvious D'arcy still has a LOT of pent up resentment about her time in the band.

Buttcannon will go through the recordings again soon to see if there's some additional tidbits/stories to put out, but it's a lot of stuff to go through.

People should leave D'arcy alone, she seemed to find closure with her past by doing the interview. But I also would love if Billy would reach out to her, even if they never play together again, just to find peace.

Buttcannon has to do clickbait headlines based on the algorithms designed by Mark Zuckerberg and other websites. If you don't frame your headline a certain way, literally nobody will see it.
That would be really cool if you could post some additional bits and pieces. I remember you tweeted last week we would see more in the future. Is that still the plan?

Although I agree D'arcy should be left alone if she wants to be, I do not think it would be unfair if people start asking more questions. This wasn't like 2011 where mug shots appeared out of the blue, but D'arcy did not acknowledge anything publicly. She went out of her way to make all of this public, so I do not think she can necessarily dictate when people will lose interest in the matter. The claims she made regarding Billy (which I believe) were all pretty salacious, and according to you were not even the most intense words she had about Billy.

You're definitely right that we did not see any texts with Billy mentioning drugs, but my understanding of the situation was that D'arcy shared the texts she wanted: the most recent ones that led her to believe she would not be in the upcoming tour. I think it would be very possible she discussed drugs issues with Billy in prior texts (or even in texts from the same conversation that she just did not share). Even if the text she did share paint a fair picture of what was said, maybe he wanted to avoid mentioning drugs to avoid aggravating a delicate situation. Maybe Billy wanted to provide a more "business" like reason for D'arcy not playing than just calling her a drug addict.

Long story short, I believe what D'arcy showed us and told you is all true, but I cannot imagine it paints a complete picture. I do not think there are really any truly heroic parties in this scenario. On another note, how does Buttcannon feel about his treatment at GN'R Truth?

Last edited by themadcaplaughs : 02-20-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:48 PM   #958
Killly_Borgan
Amish Rake Fighter

[quote=themadcaplaughs;4420267]I bet it was some insult about how he was bald

She WAS arrested for possession of crack-cocaine back in September 1999.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:21 PM   #959
ilikeplanets
Braindead

You don't just keep doing drugs without there being some sort of addiction/dependency going on. You can only "try" something one time.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:02 AM   #960
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Didn't Billy's drug accusations come up with the posted picture from his friend ManCow Muller, on February 13th and ManCow's "Who is this battered former rockstar?" contest a day later, at the release of the interview with D'arcy on Alternative Nation? And the rant of Billy's friend Linda Strawdingle on SP fangroup sites?

Still can't believe that Billy, after letting others do the dirty work for him (while he himself posted happy family pictures), though was so stupid to do an interview with ManCow two days after this infamous "contest".

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 02-21-2018 at 03:29 AM.