Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2017, 10:34 AM   #31
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Also please tell me where exactly is sharia law in western Europe.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #32
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Just trolling then. Nazi

Old 03-14-2017, 11:31 AM   #33
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

race is a cultural construct

it is a real thing with real effects because "when people view their situations as real they are real in their consequences"

race has no biological or scientific underpinning whatsoever

not really hard to understand unless you're just a racist

Old 03-14-2017, 11:44 AM   #34
FoolofaTook

Smashingjj these guys are pure undiluted dunderheads. You are wasting your time.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:45 AM   #35
FoolofaTook

I have the same message for you rbg. They are just getting off on provoking us and being inflamatory. Fuck them.

(Cigs withdrawals make me cranky)

Old 03-14-2017, 12:24 PM   #36
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
The word "race" as we use it in this context is a misnomer, but that does not mean there are not biological and scientific differences between the races. It is ignorant, not racist, to make that claim. To try to say that one race is inherently better than another is racist, but merely seeing differences is not.
There is no scientific underpinning to the idea of race, period. Race is an entirely cultural idea. If you want to talk in scientific terms you can talk about populations and genetics, but that's not the same thing at all. There is no biological dividing line between any one racial category we have devised and another. What we see as race is literally family resemblance on a grand scale.

Old 03-14-2017, 12:32 PM   #37
redbreegull

Race and ethnicity, especially our modern conception of race, developed as a result of colonialism and slavery.

To suggest that the idea of race is some kind of analog to a scientific idea like genetic populations is absolutely wrong.

There is more genetic diversity within different populations in Africa than between all other "racial groups" in the entire world. Diversity of genetics has no link to what we see as race, which is for the most part just a few obvious phenotypes we have focused on obsessively, thus creating a conception that there are inherent differences between arbitrarily separated groups

Old 03-14-2017, 12:54 PM   #38
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade View Post
professor, stop spamming me with dicks and explain this..how do you land on race being "entirely a cultural idea" ?

what are you thoughts on stereotypes? do they exist for a reason or are they just bigoted blanket statements based on one's first impression (or continual impressions?)
How do I land on it? lol as towering as my intellect may be, I can't take credit for this widely understood piece of information which is centered on having a basic understanding of genetics and is covered in the first week of any Anth 101 course.

It is possible to make meaningful cultural generalizations in many cases. In fact, "culture" is literally a collection of generalizations. A stereotype is usually understood to be a generalization specifically meant to denigrate a group or to emphasize its otherness. There are also different kinds of stereotypes... some may focus on exaggerated perceptions about a group, whereas others are literally nonsense. So I don't know exactly what you mean, but either way racial stereotypes are ideas about culture, not genetics. Race has no relation to human genetics. It has everything to do with culture.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #39
redbreegull

e.g.

"black people are good at sports" – stereotype with no scientific support. people with dark skin or whose ancestors are from warm climates are not genetically predisposed to be athletic, it's an absurd belief. perhaps there are a lot of black individuals in American sports, I don't even know because sports, but even if it is true it's totally unclear why, beyond that it is some confluence of cultural mechanisms. It could be related to the intersection of race and class and unequal opportunity access. But the stereotype is the same as "Jews are good with money." There are a lot of Jewish accountants and bankers, but it's not because Jews evolved to like money more than other people.

"black people are predisposed to sickle cell anemia" – a statement of limited understanding, but one based on quantified scientific study. Sickle cell is a genetic variation which protects people from malaria. It is more common in populations from malarial areas, including some places in Africa, southern Europe, and the Middle East. Because of what is sometimes known as "boy/girl next door phenomenon," meaning that most people procreate with people who are from the same geographic area as them, populations stratify and certain traits become exaggerated. This is the same principal that causes families to look more alike each other than compared to random people off the street, but on a macro level. This is also a very pared down way of explaining genetic populations. Bottom line, sickle cell is more prevalent in black Americans than white Americans for example, because of the conditions our ancestors' populations were responding to (in this case malarial mosquitos), and then limited breeding spreads that trait around to a high degree within that population, leaving individuals from other populations less likely to have the trait. Compare to certain diseases which are very prevalent with Ashkenazi Jews. It's because families are alike to each other and when cultural ideas like race limit who you have kids with, you wind up having kids with other members of your big family which just perpetuates the higher rate of those diseases within the group.

you're welcome, that will be $80,000

Old 03-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #40
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
Please point me to where i said that
there is naziism all over the us, the Southern Poverty Law Center & Anti-Defamation League has been tracking the undeniable spike in white supremacist activity throughout the country. Graveyards are being defaced, synagogues are receiving bomb threats. I'm sure poots believes until the end of days that this is something that happened before but was unreported, but he's a nazi so of course he'd say that.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:02 PM   #41
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
To suggest that the idea of race is some kind of analog to a scientific idea like genetic populations is absolutely wrong.
its called "racism" i think

Old 03-14-2017, 03:06 PM   #42
Trotskilicious
Banned

i've seen people kick around the idea that american blacks are good at sports because they are from slave stock selected for strength and bred like animals, i don't know any truth to this, or if this would wash out over time

Old 03-14-2017, 03:10 PM   #43
Trotskilicious
Banned

i personally believe that its because they're financially & socially denied other avenues for opportunity so there is a cultural focus on athletics or entertainment to get money, since that's the two ways the most black men & women have gotten rich

i think ethiopia & kenya dominate long distance track not because of genetics necessarily but because of a combination of high altitude & glorious tradition

Old 03-14-2017, 03:12 PM   #44
Trotskilicious
Banned

like, nobody goes "man what's the genetics of why austrians & swiss are good at skiing?" i mean jesus guys they live in the alps and basically invented it

Old 03-14-2017, 03:15 PM   #45
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
i personally believe that its because they're financially & socially denied other avenues for opportunity
IMO this seems like it's probably a big factor. White people in general do not need to fall back on physical prowess to make money or get a job. There might be something to be said of people from higher classes living more cerebral existences because of privilege

Old 03-14-2017, 03:16 PM   #46
Trotskilicious
Banned

jews have a lot of money because at the turn of the economy at the end of the middle ages, the jews had become an urban group with some money because of their unique religious immigrant status at the time. jews got into funding mechinization & industrialization and got into banking because, they were urban already, and the aristocrats felt all of this was a fad that was beneath them. This then explains why, towards the end of the expansion age (i.e. 18th&19th centuries), jews had a dick ton of money and often the creditors of the very aristocrats who claimed to rule them (those "dastardly" rothchilds are a good example). Coupled with the Jews rigid otherness in devotion to their beliefs, common people suspected them and it was easy for the white elite to manufacture anti-semetism & jealousy towards them.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:24 PM   #47
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
it's not about 'you' saying it
it isn't? i would have sworn that was a direct reply to my post. why are you talking to me

Old 03-14-2017, 03:27 PM   #48
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:

hmm.. well here's at least one place that says "freedom can go to hell!" LOL

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oa4v2qg.jpg[/IMG]
i didn't know places could say things.

what the fuck are you trying to say if anything at all

Old 03-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #49
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

but sweden

it is on fire

Old 03-14-2017, 03:30 PM   #50
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

the precedent cant lye!

Old 03-14-2017, 03:32 PM   #51
Trotskilicious
Banned

man dudes like dade are so fucking scared

imagine being terrified by what someone wrote on a protest sign in another country

Old 03-14-2017, 03:38 PM   #52
redbreegull

Quote:
jews have a lot of money because at the turn of the economy at the end of the middle ages, the jews had become an urban group with some money because of their unique religious immigrant status at the time. jews got into funding mechinization & industrialization and got into banking because, they were urban already, and the aristocrats felt all of this was a fad that was beneath them. This then explains why, towards the end of the expansion age (i.e. 18th&19th centuries), jews had a dick ton of money and often the creditors of the very aristocrats who claimed to rule them (those "dastardly" rothchilds are a good example). Coupled with the Jews rigid otherness in devotion to their beliefs, common people suspected them and it was easy for the white elite to manufacture anti-semetism & jealousy towards them.
it goes back even further. In many European states in the Middle Ages, it was illegal for Christians to be "money lenders." Jewish populations were actually an essential financial tool for the elite in this way. Many old European cities have "Jewish quarters," and Jews were often forced to live there by law... weirdly this first developed in large part because rulers and aristocrats wanted to put their Jews somewhere it would be harder for people to come harass or kill them because they were such an indispensable resource. Obviously still racist af but it was really after the Middle Ages during Inquisition times when the Church was weakening and States were strengthening that the Jews became a major target of persecution by governments. So yeah there is 1000+ plus years of history tying the Ashkenazim culturally to finance

Old 03-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #53
Trotskilicious
Banned

cultural conditioning is everything.

Old 03-14-2017, 04:06 PM   #54
redbreegull

it takes me five minutes to calculate tip, so maybe the $$$ gene skips a generation

Old 03-14-2017, 04:25 PM   #55
redbreegull

Quote:
you clearly know too much about the topic for me to continue arguing with you and also successfully protect my ego, but here are some distracting insults with tenuous grip on reality based on me pretending to take the one facetious thing you said seriously

Old 03-14-2017, 04:34 PM   #56
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
i have nothing to be scared of, you are a drama queen- take this shit back to facebook you limp-wristed cock snot.
its interesting to me how much you wish to portray me as feminine or homosexual, shows that you're misogynistic and homophobic even though you don't quite realize how often you tip your hand

idk what it has to do with facebook

Old 03-14-2017, 04:36 PM   #57
Trotskilicious
Banned

i'm starting to think that the sole motivator for dade's worldview is seething resentment borne out of insecurity

Old 03-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #58
Trotskilicious
Banned

ps steve king is a psycho

Old 03-14-2017, 04:55 PM   #59
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
man dudes like dade are so fucking scared

imagine being terrified by what someone wrote on a protest sign in another country

Imagine being so stupid you can't even recognize a point that undermines your ignorant opinion.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #60
The Omega Concern
Banned

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/8...-migrants-rape

Suppression of data about migrant rapes is "Germany-wide phenomenon."

American Journalist Savagely Beaten In Sweden For Asking Questions About Muslim Refugees Raping European Women

The Sexual Misery of the Arab World

This NYT article is written by an Arab who recognizes a problem with the religious left and muslim immigrants:

On the one hand Daoud deplored the far-right "illusion" which treats all immigrants as potential rapists.

But by far the greater part of his anger was directed at the "naive" political left, who in his view deliberately ignore the cultural gulf separating the Arab-Muslim world from Europe.