Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #31
Eulogy
huh

The slip year zero and hesitation marks are all better than with teeth, which i also love.

And yes I'm gonna go to Beyoncé have you heard the latest record? It's phenomenal.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #32
Eulogy
huh

Oh the perfect drug is one of your favorites ok I get it now

Old 07-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #33
Eulogy
huh

And fuck soundgarden

Old 07-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #34
Eulogy
huh

Nin set list last night was maybe the exact same set from lolla last year

Huh

Old 07-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #35
Eulogy
huh

This is my thread now

Old 07-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #36
MusicMan4

Hi, kids! Do you like violence? Wanna see me stick Nine Inch Nails through each one of my eyelids?

Old 07-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #37
null123
Minion of Satan

I saw NIN in 2005 and again last fall. They were equally entertaining experiences but then again I wasn't a fan of NIN in 05 and was more excited about Autolux and Queens of the Stone Age openng. I think the newest album has some good moments though. All the albums since With Teeth have about 1-2 songs that I'll actively seek out listening to once in a while. And I still consider the Broken EP one of my all-time favorite things. Ruiner is my favorite NIN song. I think buff-Trent makes a cool frontman. That's all my NIN thoughts.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #38
Elphenor
Braindead

Broken

Fuck yeahhhh

Old 07-20-2014, 03:01 AM   #39
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris Hilton View Post
Hi, kids! Do you like violence? Wanna see me stick Nine Inch Nails through each one of my eyelids?
not sure where the irony ends anymore

Old 07-20-2014, 03:04 AM   #40
Trotskilicious
Banned

i think i'm going to listen to downward spiral and play diablo

:twisted:

Old 07-20-2014, 04:54 AM   #41
Trotskilicious
Banned

i had to turn it off during god is dead it really felt too much like 1996, with prettier graphics

Old 07-20-2014, 08:47 AM   #42
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

anyone ever hear his soundtrack for the game Quake? pretty good... dark and eerie stuff.
i know he was involved with id software, the creators of the game.

he also wrote the theme/title song for the latest Call Of Duty: Black Ops game, which sounded like your usual standard NIN paint by numbers tune.

i'm interested in hearing him and Atticus' score for Fincher's new movie Gone Girl.
i quite enjoyed their soundtrack work, Girl With A Dragon Tattoo is a massive soundtrack with nearly 40 tracks.
here's to hoping all the main players are involved with its sequels, including Trent and Atticus.
i feel bad for Atticus because his name always seems to get passed over while Trent gets all the mention. Atticus in an integral part of the current NIN sound. It's almost like him and Trent are same frigging person lol.
I wish he continued working on his own project with brother Leopold before Trent snatched him. Error's self-titled EP was pretty interesting, glitchy/IDM rock music, and can see why it must have caught Trent's ear. Besides the two Ross brothers, Error featured Brett Gurewitz from the Bad Religion along with Greg Puciato of the Dillinger Escape Plan on vocals. It would be their ONLY release and from then on, Atticus was part of every single goddamn thing Trent's name was attached to.

NIN's touring keyboardist/master of gadgetry Alesandaro Cortini is someone to check out as well.
He has a few projects over the years... Modwheelmood, Sonoio, and the latest album called "Sonno" released under his own name.

"Sonno" sounds like it could be a soundtrack to a film and gives me hope he'll get asked to do some score work after hearing his work on this one. I wanna pick up the vinyl of this release, he went with see through/clear vinyls and they look pretty sweet.

But his two releases as Sonoio are probably my personal favorites out of his various projects. "Blue" and "Red" are meant to be part of a trilogy under the Sonoio name. Where "Sonno" is an instrumental record that shows off Cortini's sound design skills, "Blue" and "Red" shows off Cortini's lyrical skills and can be quite catchy at moments.

Cortini started working with Trent back during the "With Teeth" tour and has been a member in the studio and the live band ever since. He also was part of How To Destroy Angels' live line up and did some work on Big Black Delta's album.

Alessandro and Atticus are two important figures in crafting the current sound of NIN.
and of course, Robin Fink... because he's fucking Robin Fink!
No one else can play NIN like Robin Fink... period.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:49 AM   #43
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

no way man

Old 07-21-2014, 02:52 AM   #44
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
no way man
ok...
no way man, what?