Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 03-24-2018, 10:13 PM   #1
fuzzyroes
Banned

Default Billy's new instagram post is a HUGE hit on the Donald Trump Reddit page 2500 upvotes

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...makes_antisjw/

Lol was surprised to see this at the top of the Trump reddit page when I popped in there.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 03-24-2018 at 10:34 PM.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:14 PM   #2
fuzzyroes
Banned

The little gif that plays when you upvote something on the Trump page is hysterical

Old 03-24-2018, 10:29 PM   #3
fuzzyroes
Banned

See, lots of Billy fans are still fans of his message

[–]realist79 39 points 5 days ago

Billy Corgan's Infowars videos are top notch.

[–]ontothefutureVA 4 points 4 days ago

I’m just happy on of my favorite bands aren’t Trump bashing globalist cuck’s!

[–]bloodwakingDTOM 32 points 5 days ago

A lot of musicians like to try and wear the "intellectual" persona and come off sounding like jackasses. Billy isn't one of them.

[–]bananasthesequel 21 points 5 days ago

Corgan is a genius. On a level where even Alex Jones quiets down in awe and lets him speak without interruption. (Which, if you're a listener, you know is rare). Truly one of the great philosophers of our time managing to disguise himself as a rockstar.

[–]billybobjoeyMEX 14 points 5 days ago

far too obscure for shitlibs to comprehend, but i’ll take it. billy is an alpha-male libertarian businessman.

[–]AdVictoremSpoliasFL 2 points 5 days ago

I know it’s crazy, but I enjoyed his solo stuff in the last decade, and the zeitgeist album

[–]BootyfullkdTX 6 points 5 days ago

I’ve always loved this man with all my heart and he has CONSISTENTLY BEEN ON OUR SIDE
THESMASHINGTRUMPKINS

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 03-24-2018 at 10:35 PM.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:30 PM   #4
fuzzyroes
Banned

Maybe we're all a little too hard on the big ole ox. It's cool that he always speaks his mind and Monuments and Zeitgeist were pretty good records.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:33 PM   #5
fuzzyroes
Banned

[–]recycledheart 4 points 5 days ago

Been clean a long time now. Went from a first class prick, to a sage. I love the pumpkins, and always have, but Corgan was often a jerk in their heyday. Its nice to be able to like Billy now also. He's a good soul, and if you run into him, say hi. He is not a man of pretense, and has no illusions about stardom.

[–]HoustonWelderTX 1 point 4 days ago

I like Smashing Pumpkins and have always thought they were way better than Green Day. ����

Old 03-24-2018, 10:37 PM   #6
pinetree
Ownz

bills IG posts truly nauseate me. ..he just consistently solidifies his shit storm of a personality

Old 03-24-2018, 10:41 PM   #7
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
A lot of musicians like to try and wear the "intellectual" persona and come off sounding like jackasses. Billy isn't one of them.
lol

Old 03-24-2018, 10:47 PM   #8
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Maybe we're all a little too hard on the big ole ox. It's cool that he always speaks his mind and Monuments and Zeitgeist were pretty good records.
trolling

Old 03-24-2018, 10:50 PM   #9
pinetree
Ownz

"Truly one of the great philosophers of our time managing to disguise himself as a rockstar."

wtf

Old 03-24-2018, 11:09 PM   #10
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

"Crazy D'arcy was mad he said something nice about Trump."

That would really be a reason to call her crazy, as her friend Patrick is an absolute Trump supporter...

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 03-25-2018 at 12:37 AM.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:09 PM   #11
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
trolling
When I think back over the last 11 years, those are definitely the albums that I liked the most... I think they were actually solid in their own right.

It's hard for some people to believe but I actually really liked Zeitgeist during the summer of 2007. I LOVED Thats the way my love is and was stoked when they played it live... I even loved the music video... Probably the last time in my life that I was actively excited by new Corgan music... But I thought Monuments was pretty good too.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:11 PM   #12
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

You like monuments of failure...

Old 03-24-2018, 11:11 PM   #13
fuzzyroes
Banned

It's worth noting that Billy's political views are pretty much aligned with my own... Moreso than any other musician that I follow. So I always think it's great when he speaks his mind about things like this or when he appears on the Alex Jones show. I just don't really comment about it here because I know what the response will be... But a lot of people rally behind him because of those appearances and his speaking out. It's not all negative like the NYT article seems to hint.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:13 PM   #14
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
You like monuments of failure...
I thought it was the best material since Zeitgeist, and I actually enjoyed the production of the material more than Zeitgeist. It was his strongest vocal showing since Zwan or TFE. It was great to hear some drumming with a little swagger after all of those years with Byrne too... Sure, Monuments has a few stinkers, but I think songs like One and All, Tiberius, Dorian, Anti-Hero and Anaise all are solid showings and better than anything on Oceania or TBK (as far as I'm concerned)

Old 03-24-2018, 11:15 PM   #15
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
When I think back over the last 11 years, those are definitely the albums that I liked the most... I think they were actually solid in their own right.

It's hard for some people to believe but I actually really liked Zeitgeist during the summer of 2007. I LOVED Thats the way my love is and was stoked when they played it live... I even loved the music video... Probably the last time in my life that I was actively excited by new Corgan music... But I thought Monuments was pretty good too.
I love That's the Way too. Monuments and Zeitgeist both have a few songs each that I really like (Being Beige and Tiberius being my favorite off Monuments) but there's a fair share of stinkers on both too, Zeitgeist is overall better.

Oceania I actually think is the most consistent but the drum sound takes it down a notch, with Jimmy there it could have been a lot better. While the album has good songs though it's missing a true standout like That's the Way, Tarantula, or Being Beige.

While Billy's released a lot of crappy songs since 2007, just by the sheer volume of material he's released since then there are quite a few songs that I've really liked.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:26 PM   #16
fuzzyroes
Banned

For sure man. I think it's interesting to point out that That's The Way is one of the songs on the album least affected by the odd vocal production choices. To think what could have been if the other vocal tracks were produced in that manner. It's a great tune though, one of the stand-outs for me. I found it surprising when it didn't really do much on the radio. Figured it would be the perfect song for it.

Oddly, 2 of my other favorites from the album are 2 that people seem to hate the most... I LOVED Come On Lets go and still love Pomp and circumstance... I couldn't get enough of Come On Lets go when I first heard it. Loved the guitar work and sound. Pomp is still one of my favorites from the reboot era. One of the few tracks when we get to hear that scorching signature Corgan guitar sound. Really great closer for an album. I find it funny that a lot of people who hated Pomp loved "Wildflower", which I've always argued is a poor mans P+C lol.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:28 PM   #17
artvase
Pledge

The irony of this is that regardless of what corgan's politics are, he's probably not talking about 'social justice warriors' as the Stump lovers proclaim. The post might as well be about the music industry and his entire career.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:30 PM   #18
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah, I thought so too. But he clearly has a lot of supporters from the Trump base... Something that I wasn't really aware of. I suppose in that way I'm sorta stuck in the Netphoria bubble where I only see all of the backlash about his speaking out as opposed to the new fans he's acquiring by doing so.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:36 PM   #19
artvase
Pledge

In the context of the tour, new songs, and solo album, the D'arcy fiasco, anything I read that Corgan posts sounds like career and life insight unless it specifically implies politics

Old 03-24-2018, 11:43 PM   #20
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
For sure man. I think it's interesting to point out that That's The Way is one of the songs on the album least affected by the odd vocal production choices. To think what could have been if the other vocal tracks were produced in that manner. It's a great tune though, one of the stand-outs for me. I found it surprising when it didn't really do much on the radio. Figured it would be the perfect song for it.

Oddly, 2 of my other favorites from the album are 2 that people seem to hate the most... I LOVED Come On Lets go and still love Pomp and circumstance... I couldn't get enough of Come On Lets go when I first heard it. Loved the guitar work and sound. Pomp is still one of my favorites from the reboot era. One of the few tracks when we get to hear that scorching signature Corgan guitar sound. Really great closer for an album. I find it funny that a lot of people who hated Pomp loved "Wildflower", which I've always argued is a poor mans P+C lol.
While Tarantula charted well, I think if James and D'arcy had been there (or even just one of them) both that and That's the Way would have done better, and the album in general especially if it had better vocal production.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:52 PM   #21
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah, I think so too... But I truly believe his vocals were the biggest issue. They were just such a huge departure from what people remembered hearing from him in the 90's and they were mixed so gratingly. So he basically came back with a sound that sounded nothing like what people remembered and loved... And then the obvious thought is "Where's James and D'arcy?"... "It's not the real band, no wonder it sounds so different".

I did think Tarantula was a bad-ass come-back single... But listening now, those vocals man... Bad execution.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:58 PM   #22
redbreegull

Tarantula is the best song on Zeitgeist.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:01 AM   #23
fuzzyroes
Banned

I thought it was a great statement.

I was worried Billy was gonna come back and capitalize on the emo craze that was all the rage at the time but he stuck to his guns. Was pretty awesome. It's sad how everything turned out after... Goddamn, I still say if he could have stuck with JC that things might have turned out differently... But then again American Gothic and the Chris Issac material weren't that great either.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:18 AM   #24
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Is Reddit now been translated from its original German? I haven’t looked lately

Old 03-25-2018, 01:54 AM   #25
Shallowed
Braindead

ok

Old 03-25-2018, 02:40 AM   #26
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I thought it was the best material since Zeitgeist, and I actually enjoyed the production of the material more than Zeitgeist. It was his strongest vocal showing since Zwan or TFE. It was great to hear some drumming with a little swagger after all of those years with Byrne too... Sure, Monuments has a few stinkers, but I think songs like One and All, Tiberius, Dorian, Anti-Hero and Anaise all are solid showings and better than anything on Oceania or TBK (as far as I'm concerned)
Disagree with your politics, but with you on the music over the last decade. That’s the Way was always overlooked, Bleeding the Orchid is top-tier Pumpkins.
Doomsday Clock and 7 Shades are great aside from the vocal mix. But the vocal mix is so bad it does sink those tracks, and the rest of the album suffers. But in the summer of 2007 I totally bought into it, and their live show was amazing - better than the classic line-up I saw in 2000.

I’d take ZG and MTAE over Oceania. Being Beige could’ve been from the classic era, and the vocals in MTAE are mixed much better but it’s the lyrics and vocal melodies that are lacking and sound out of place on the heavier tracks. Most of the songs are disposable, but Dorian is a standout.
Even Teargarden has some good tracks, just poorly executed.

I am hopeful Bill knows what he’s doing musically with this reunion, even if everything behind the scenes is a shitshow, and I find his pretentious IG rants intellectually repellant.

I’m still hanging round for the unreleased stuff, Machina and Zwan re-issues - maybe he’ll fix the vocal mix on Zeitgeist someday. I would even appreciate it if Billy re-recorded some material since ZG with Jimmy and James - an opportunity to fix up those TbK/Oceania/unrecorded tracks.

Ogilala and Look to the Sky are better than the SP output.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:08 AM   #27
FoolofaTook

Doomsday Cock
7 Dades

or

7 Dads

Old 03-25-2018, 08:36 AM   #28
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Zeitgeist redux would be a satisfying project - there's a few things that would make that record so much better... get rid of the My Chemical Romance style chorus of Tarantula, replace the silly pitch shifted vocals in United States with some proper Corgan screams ... re-order the tracklisting properly, give it a non-embarrassing cover & title etc etc

Old 03-25-2018, 08:54 AM   #29
pinetree
Ownz

Last edited by pinetree : 03-25-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:30 PM   #30
FoolofaTook

a pared down your father could also provide some good times