Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
Insight_Scoop
Demi-God

Default Musician/Actor Jared Leto Comments on SP Reunion

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...ouring-w518756

Quote:
You're a Smashing Pumpkins fan. Thoughts on the D'arcy-free reunion?

I don't...I didn't even know there was a reunion. Sorry.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:49 PM   #2
Shallowed
Braindead

Absolutely groundbreaking

Old 04-05-2018, 03:54 PM   #3
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

I had no idea 30 Seconds to Mars was still a band. He was alright in Blade Runner and Requiem I guess.

Old 04-05-2018, 04:07 PM   #4
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Poor Billy wah wah

I'm not a big fan of his music, but Jared Leto has a lot of Billy-esque ideas. The only difference is that Jared Leto actually pulls them off effortlessly without a hint of ego in between rock climbing sessions and movie roles.

Btw, Jared Leto is only 4 years younger than Billy.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #5
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Talking

If you want to kill five or ten minutes, search for Jared Leto inspirational quotes

Or read about what he did to his Suicide Squad costars; "Jared Leto pig corpse" will probably find some articles

Here's what he might have said to Billy if he'd been better prepared

http://www.relatably.com/q/img/jared...eto-429210.jpg

Old 04-08-2018, 08:00 AM   #6
shadow47
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Jared Leto actually pulls them off effortlessly without a hint of ego

Jared's entire "band" is a vanity project imitating other groups, incl. sp. His whole image is assumed. He's as vacuous as they come.

Old 04-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #7
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Jared Leto is one of the most arrogant people out there too. He makes Billy look downright humble. That Walk on Water song that they play on the radio every 5 seconds (payola much?) is fuckin terrible. Jared Leto has the distinction of being mediocre in two fields which is some kind of feat, I guess.

Old 04-08-2018, 12:52 PM   #8
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

During a concer at First Avenue in Minneapolis, Leto told everyone to get up and dance to the next song, which is weird because 95% of the club is already standing room only. During the intro of the song he stop playing and demanded to know why someone in the balcony was not standing and dancing.

That person was in a wheelchair.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:06 PM   #9
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Thank you, Butt Pope.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:09 PM   #10
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

No prob!

Old 04-08-2018, 09:34 PM   #11
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow47 View Post

Jared's entire "band" is a vanity project imitating other groups, incl. sp. His whole image is assumed. He's as vacuous as they come.
That's right. There's nothing inside. He has that whole messianic front man shtick down.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:09 PM   #12
fuzzyroes
Banned

I think his music sucks too, but I've met a lot of people who actually really like it.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:32 PM   #13
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i heard 30 seconds to mars is the worst live band ever.

this seems to confirm:

Old 04-08-2018, 11:00 PM   #14
Zerospaced
Apocalyptic Poster

Meh, 30 Seconds to Mars isn't that bad, they have some good albums. It's weird in that video though, like he's got the entire front of the stage and the rest of the band seems way in the back.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #15
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

I haven't heard a huge amount of their stuff, but at least Jared Leto makes things happen and knows how to connect with fans.

"Let's ask fans to send in their clips and make a video about what America means to them - It happens.

"Let's have a summer camp experience for fans" - It happens.

"Let's make an album cover that fans can customize and post online" - It happens.

Billy, on the other hand...

Last edited by Funbags : 04-09-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #16
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Btw I'm pretty sure that quote up there is by CS Lewis.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:05 AM   #17
lemonscure
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerospaced View Post
Meh, 30 Seconds to Mars isn't that bad, they have some good albums. It's weird in that video though, like he's got the entire front of the stage and the rest of the band seems way in the back.
When I listened to them Back in 2005, I enjoyed the early stuff- demos from the late 90s, the self titled album!, and, to some extent, A beautiful lie and this is war-you know, when you could've hear some guitars in the music. I don't know what happened after that, but it's horrible. It kinda started with this is war, those cheap choruses, children choruses, even more repetitive lyrics, 0 guitars etc. Also, nice answer from Leto

Old 04-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #18
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

0 guitars, they must be out of their mind

Old 04-10-2018, 10:40 AM   #19
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
Horrible, absolutely garbage band regardless.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:54 AM   #20
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Pope View Post
During a concer at First Avenue in Minneapolis, Leto told everyone to get up and dance to the next song, which is weird because 95% of the club is already standing room only. During the intro of the song he stop playing and demanded to know why someone in the balcony was not standing and dancing.

That person was in a wheelchair.
I saw Jared Leto at a grocery store in one time. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:56 AM   #21
lemonscure
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
But yes

Old 04-10-2018, 10:59 AM   #22
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I saw Jared Leto at a grocery store in one time. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
lol