Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2021, 05:06 PM   #1
Copperpot5
Demi-God

Default 25min of A.I. Cherub Rock clips

Old 02-14-2021, 05:35 PM   #2
buzzard
Minion of Satan

The bit from about 1:46 to 2:20 easily outclasses everything SP2 has recorded.

...and that's as far as I've listened.

Old 02-14-2021, 05:43 PM   #3
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Can somebody explain in layppl term what the f is how is it made or whatever

Like does the robot go oh, nice drum wav jim chimberlins, gonna snag that and then use my algorthyms to ape your polyrthyms? Or how

Old 02-14-2021, 05:46 PM   #4
Copperpot5
Demi-God

"Dataset
To train this model, we crawled the web to curate a new dataset of 1.2 million songs (600,000 of which are in English), paired with the corresponding lyrics and metadata from LyricWiki. The metadata includes artist, album genre, and year of the songs, along with common moods or playlist keywords associated with each song."

OpenAI Jukebox: https://openai.com/blog/jukebox/

Old 02-14-2021, 05:48 PM   #5
Copperpot5
Demi-God

Something Organic:

Old 02-14-2021, 05:50 PM   #6
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperpot5 View Post
"Dataset
To train this model, we crawled the web to curate a new dataset of 1.2 million songs (600,000 of which are in English), paired with the corresponding lyrics and metadata from LyricWiki. The metadata includes artist, album genre, and year of the songs, along with common moods or playlist keywords associated with each song."

OpenAI Jukebox: https://openai.com/blog/jukebox/
So it just has every song and acts like a robotic Girl Talk? Is that what this is? Does it stitch together what that already exist? Or does it make its own sound

This is where i am confused upon

Old 02-14-2021, 05:54 PM   #7
Copperpot5
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
So it just has every song and acts like a robotic Girl Talk? Is that what this is? Does it stitch together what that already exist? Or does it make its own sound

This is where i am confused upon
It makes its own sound. Based off what it was "trained". Really bleeding edge stuff. Elon Musk is one of the key funders of OpenAI. Takes like 12hrs for a min of audio though (and that's using Google GPUs)....

Re: Jukebox (from OpenAI's wiki)
-
Music
OpenAI's Jukebox (2020) is an open-sourced algorithm to generate music with vocals. After training on 1.2 million samples, the system accepts a genre, artist, and a snippet of lyrics, and outputs song samples. OpenAI stated the songs "show local musical coherence, follow traditional chord patterns" but acknowledged that the songs lack "familiar larger musical structures such as choruses that repeat" and that "there is a significant gap" between Jukebox and human-generated music. The Verge stated "It's technologically impressive, even if the results sound like mushy versions of songs that might feel familiar", while Business Insider stated "surprisingly, some of the resulting songs are catchy and sound legitimate".[72][73][74]

Old 02-14-2021, 06:20 PM   #8
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:
Something Organic:

ZERO shirt, zero silver pants

Old 02-14-2021, 06:27 PM   #9
Shallowed
Braindead

This is the future of music, as far as I'm concerned.

Imagine being able to stream unique, algorithmically generated, never-before-heard music based on a song you like, for as long as you like.

Or alternatively, it could be a great composing tool. There's nothing to stop anyone from picking out bits from AI generated music, transposing it, and using it themselves. Or using it on one's own music, to help further develop their own ideas.

Old 02-14-2021, 06:42 PM   #10
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Something Organic:

This is great thanks for sharing. Don't think I've ever seen this before. Do you have the rest of the show? This AI is top notch!

Old 02-14-2021, 07:47 PM   #11
Copperpot5
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaldz View Post
This is great thanks for sharing. Don't think I've ever seen this before. Do you have the rest of the show? This AI is top notch!

I have maybe 17min. Think that's all that was filmed. One of those venue for promos/tv-news sorta things I think. I'll post it soon, but I think there's only one other full song (Zero?) - out so can't check. A few other song clips.

Edit:
==

See for the full 20min: http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=188460

---=

Last edited by Copperpot5 : 02-15-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Old 02-14-2021, 08:32 PM   #12
Shallowed
Braindead

lol 2:58 until 3:32 sounds like Starflyer 59

...which in itself sounds like an AI generated Siamese Dream

Old 02-15-2021, 08:45 AM   #13
milandejong
Demi-God

Quote:
I have maybe 17min. Think that's all that was filmed. One of those venue for promos/tv-news sorta things I think. I'll post it soon, but I think there's only one other full song (Zero?) - out so can't check. A few other song clips.
awesome

Old 02-15-2021, 12:53 PM   #14
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Something Organic:

These pre-MCIS '95 shows are so interesting. Thank you for sharing!

Old 02-16-2021, 12:14 AM   #15
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
This is the future of music, as far as I'm concerned.

Imagine being able to stream unique, algorithmically generated, never-before-heard music based on a song you like, for as long as you like.

Or alternatively, it could be a great composing tool. There's nothing to stop anyone from picking out bits from AI generated music, transposing it, and using it themselves. Or using it on one's own music, to help further develop their own ideas.
I don't know, it's a bit like starting off a post self-written but quickly the way to do it all of it is the same as a whole lot more than the actual ones that are in my room I have a couple hours to go to the restaurant to see what we can eat for a couple of times and I still don't think it was the one I was looking at when it worked and I was never going on a trip but it was never really good to say that I am not sure what you want but you can do it and I will have to do a lot more than I just got to see it that I would still be be be be considered for sure and the first time in a couple of days and the last one was the one who had a great experience and was very good the first time in a long day.

Old 02-16-2021, 12:15 AM   #16
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

VAGINAS I have a very very much love of it so I don't think you could ever get a good deal

Old 02-16-2021, 01:26 AM   #17
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
I don't know, it's a bit like starting off a post self-written but quickly the way to do it all of it is the same as a whole lot more than the actual ones that are in my room I have a couple hours to go to the restaurant to see what we can eat for a couple of times and I still don't think it was the one I was looking at when it worked and I was never going on a trip but it was never really good to say that I am not sure what you want but you can do it and I will have to do a lot more than I just got to see it that I would still be be be be considered for sure and the first time in a couple of days and the last one was the one who had a great experience and was very good the first time in a long day.
Lol

Keep going, this is better than any ai pumpkins

Or probably Ulysses for that (fucken) matter

Old 02-16-2021, 01:28 AM   #18
run2pee
Minion of Satan

In other words

What i am trying to maybe even say

Is that must spread

And i never even say this, ever

But

Must spread rep, etc

Old 02-16-2021, 08:25 AM   #19
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

You mean, "must spread rep and a great job and he was very very much in his life I just sent him the text"?

Old 02-21-2021, 08:01 PM   #20
Shallowed
Braindead