Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 10-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #61
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

yeah, charmy. mcdonalds coffee is pretty good considering it comes from mcdonalds, but i'm not gonna lie - i eat mcdonalds from time to time, but it's mostly during road trips and when i need to waste time and am a little hungry and one is right there. i wish someone would bring a cup to my door.

i used to work at starbucks. i started off not really liking coffee and was just turned off by any from there. we had to taste test shit and create a "passport" until we had tried at least 25 roasts or some junk.

when i go i mostly alternate between coffee frappuccino, chai tea latte, black ice tea lemonade, and blended strawberry lemonade. the latter two are not on the menu, but you should try them both.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:34 AM   #62
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
Gin and tonic, mmm
mmmmmmm!

Old 10-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #63
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Like do you just keep drinking it until you get it? Or do you just one day start liking the taste of dirt and that's how you know you're an adult?
It's because your taste buds are dulling and bitter isn't as offensive anymore

Old 10-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #64
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

When I was fifteen and everyone else got smashed on cheap wine in the park, I used to buy a bottle of Gordon's and a litre bottle of tonic water, then tip half the tonic water out and refill it with gin. I've thrown up a lot of alcohol in my life and I'll never touch run or bourbon again...but gin will always be good to go, in my mind. I think it's the juniper berries.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #65
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Double screwdrivers, or really any clear liquor and OJ. Yum

Tequila is the only liquor I like the taste of straight.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #66
slunken
Virgo

I once started to try and collect 70s california rock songs that mentioned jose cuervo and then for a summer tried to drink it because of those songs.

i ended up with hives.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #67
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I like a nice Pinot noir or a nice port. And Veuve Clicquot is good. Gin is alright straight but I prefer it in a cocktail or with tonic water. Scotch is nice, too.

I didn't realise that glenfiddich was made purely for the foreign market until recently - my friend married a Scotsman and they had a whiskey bar at the reception and this guy told me all the alcoholics in Scotland wouldn't touch Glenfiddich. We have a 12 year in the cupboard and it's ok. I like Laphraoig.

Coffee-wise, I am spoiled and only really like Ethiopian beans - Yirgacheffe. And they have to be freshly roasted by someone who knows what they 're doing, and then extracted with a good machine by a good barista. I'll drink that black - milk spoils the flavour of Ehtiopian beans. Most other single origins I'll have with milk.

Blends/ multiple origins....lol forget about it.

But I'll drink anything, I'll drink instant, I'm not a snob - but if you ask me what I like... That's what I like.

It always makes me sad when people say they hate the taste of coffee and I can tell they've only ever tasted stale, badly extracted (so probably burned, and contaminated by a machine that needs cleaning) coffee, often with badly steamed milk on top. It 'a like saying you don't like burgers because you tried a Big Mac and didn't like it.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #68
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
what if they never dull? Or do you have to keep drinking and eating bitter stuff to dull them enough? I always had this theory people just at first drank coffee cause its the adult thing to do and not because they like it and then eventually they grow into it OR get hooked on the caffeine. Kinda like how nobody smokes at first cause they like the taste of smoke (i smoked maybe two packs in my life, I still hated it after two, i didn't see the point in carrying on)

I know the reason why some people like things as an adult they didnt like as kids is also because children have apparently more sensitive taste buds and taste things differently

I know as a kid i couldn't eat maple syrup (the ultimate shame as a canadian). I found it unbearably sweet and it would irritate my throat. Now of course i can pour heaps on my pancakes and then still want more (well except then i think of the ridiculously high price it cost me and just refrain)

Old 10-08-2014, 11:13 PM   #69
I'm Hardcore
Banned

gin minus tonic

whiskey & mountain dew

Old 10-08-2014, 11:13 PM   #70
I'm Hardcore
Banned

gotta say i do like red bull for the taste

Old 10-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #71
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

i'm going to go ahead and say that mcdonalds does in fact taste good it's just probably chemicals made somewhere outside of newark and meat from god knows what slaughterhouse drain pipe

you ever have a coke there? it tastes different. it is different. it's delicious. i don't even like coke. mcdondals = I'm getting a coke

Old 10-08-2014, 11:33 PM   #72
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
it's because your palate is refining and you're learning to appreciate the nuances of many different flavors besides salty, sweet, and savory

Old 10-08-2014, 11:51 PM   #73
null123
Minion of Satan

My mom took us to McDonalds and Taco Bell damn near every day in elementary school so I think I can go another lifetime before I need any more

Old 10-08-2014, 11:53 PM   #74
I'm Hardcore
Banned

mcdonalds coke tastes like dick

Old 10-08-2014, 11:53 PM   #75
I'm Hardcore
Banned

watery dick w/ a splash of ice

Old 10-08-2014, 11:53 PM   #76
null123
Minion of Satan

I Strongly disagree

Old 10-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #77
I'm Hardcore
Banned

that is strongly okay with me

Old 10-08-2014, 11:57 PM   #78
I'm Hardcore
Banned

at least you probably couldnt melt a nail in mcdonalds coke, i guess

Old 10-09-2014, 12:08 AM   #79
Trotskilicious
Banned

have you thought perhaps they do it differently in a country that is a 23 hour flight away from my country

Old 10-09-2014, 12:09 AM   #80
Trotskilicious
Banned

because "watery" is NOT a word i'd use to describe McD's coke. "too syrupy" maybe i could entertain but still ridiculous

Old 10-09-2014, 12:09 AM   #81
noyen
Immortal

i want to die.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:19 AM   #82
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
because "watery" is NOT a word i'd use to describe McD's coke. "too syrupy" maybe i could entertain but still ridiculous
i cant remember what US mcdonalds coke tastes like, shoot me

Old 10-09-2014, 12:32 AM   #83
Elphenor
Braindead

Mcdonald's Coke is different. They have this huge special Co2 tank just specifically for the coke.

I had to like change stuff out on all the sodas sometimes and I was surprised to learn that Mcd coke legit is different

Old 10-09-2014, 12:55 AM   #84
Order 66
Socialphobic

all fountain soda is terrible 90% of the time

Old 10-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #85
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

True. I try not to bother anymore. I rather eat the food "dry" than waste the dollar on nasty fountain soda.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:18 AM   #86
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

I suspect its because they don't clean this shit enough. It never tastes right.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:55 AM   #87
Shallowed
Braindead

Fountain soda is revolting compared to its canned or bottled equivalent but I hadn't considered that it would be different in NZ compared to US.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:28 AM   #88
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmbag View Post
I actually like plain gin or vodka when I'm drinking
I feel like if you're gonna drink you should taste every drop of poison going down your throat. It's bracing. I will drink vodka+diet soda or redbull for the caffeine though.

And black coffee all the way. I did develop a fondness for soy lattes when I was a vegan but sadly can't have soy anymore

McDonald's coffee is way better than Starbucks
People look at me funny sometimes when I get a decent gin on the rocks. Usually get a lemon wedge because I feel like the smell adds something nice. I don't know why gin on the rocks is crazy when whiskey on the rocks is considered perfectly normal.

Black coffee for me as well unless I'm in a greasy spoon diner type place where for some reason I add cream and sugar.

No vodka though.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:30 AM   #89
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
all fountain soda is terrible 90% of the time
Giant speedway fountain sprites got me through many a Sunday during my senior year of college.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:36 AM   #90
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Straight vodka doesn't make much sense. At least gin has (good) flavor. :/

Fuck Red Bull to death though. I'd rather drink a jäger / Santorum smoothie cocktail.