Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #91
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

yeah i said a while back that only women should bear arms

Old 05-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #92
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk View Post
Since three were stabbed to death and he purchased guns legally you are right.
Two Thirds of all murders in the USA are committed with guns.

30,000 people are killed every year in the USA with guns. 20,000 of those are suicides and 10,000 are murders. Gun owners are 5 times more likely to commit suicide. 75% of gun related homicides involved hand guns.

if you think all those suicides and murders would continue without guns you're fucking crazy.

Old 05-25-2014, 03:38 PM   #93
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
A waiting period wouldn't have stopped this. You have to tie purchases into a mental health exam to stop this type of deal.

The cops should've - you know - done a better job investigating when they visited his apartment last week.
take away all the guns.

problem solved

Old 05-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #94
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

http://www.salon.com/2014/05/25/ucsb...cians_and_nra/

Quote:
At a press conference earlier today, a self-identified father of one of the victims in last night’s mass shooting near the University of California, Santa Barbara, named his son, Chris Martinez, as one of the victims. In a heart-wrenching statement the father, Richard Martinez, expressed his profound sadness. His 20-year-old son was on his way to a market when he was killed.

“Why did Chris die?” Richard Martinez said at a press conference. “Chris died because of craven, irresponsible politicians and the NRA. They talk about gun rights, what about Chris’ right to live? When will this insanity stop?

Old 05-25-2014, 03:46 PM   #95
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
take away all the guns.

problem solved
Great idea.

Also if poor people got better jobs they wouldn't be poor. We can solve all problems here and now, Scotty.

Old 05-25-2014, 03:58 PM   #96
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

scott's a man with solutions

Old 05-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #97
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

No but take guns away from anyone not law enforcement. Australia nearly did and it's doing them well. I mean you CAN get them but its ridiculously restrictive.

Quote:
Category A: Rimfire rifles (not semi-automatic), shotguns (not pump-action or semi-automatic), air rifles, and paintball markers. A "Genuine Reason" must be provided for a Category A firearm.
Category B: Centrefire rifles (not semi-automatic), muzzleloading firearms made after 1 January 1901. Apart from a "Genuine Reason", a "Genuine Need" must be demonstrated, including why a Category A firearm would not be suitable.
Category C: Semi-automatic rimfire rifles holding 10 or fewer rounds and pump-action or semi-automatic shotguns holding 5 or fewer rounds. Category C firearms are strongly restricted: only primary producers, occupational shooters, collectors and some clay target shooters can own functional Category C firearms.
Category D: Semi-automatic centrefire rifles, pump-action or semi-automatic shotguns holding more than 5 rounds. Functional Category D firearms are restricted to government agencies and a few occupational shooters. Collectors may own deactivated Category D firearms.
Category H: Handguns including air pistols and deactivated handguns. (Albeit both SA and WA do not require deactivated handguns to be regarded as handguns after the deactivation process has taken place. This situation was the catalyst in QLD for the deactivation and diversion of thousands of handguns to the black-market – the loophole shut since 2001) This class is available to target shooters. To be eligible for a Category H firearm, a target shooter must serve a probationary period of 12 months the first 6 months using club handguns,then in the remainder of the last 6 month probationary licence, an application may be made, permit to acquire. A minimum number of matches yearly to retain each category of handgun and be a financial member of an approved Pistol Club. Source http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/services/firearms

These categories – A,B,C,D and H were those determined by the NFA. The others listed here are determined by the states that have implement them at their own discretion.
Target shooters are limited to handguns of .38 or 9mm calibre or less and magazines may hold a maximum of 10 rounds. Participants in certain "approved" pistol competitions may acquire handguns up to .45", currently Single Action Shooting and Metallic Silhouette. IPSC shooting is approved for 9mm/.38/.357 sig, handguns that meet the IPSC rules, but larger calibres are not approved for IPSC handgun shooting contests in Australia. source http://www.ipsc.org.au/ . Category H barrels must be at least 100mm (3.94") long for revolvers, and 120mm (4.72") for semi-automatic pistols unless the pistols are clearly ISSF target pistols: magazines are restricted to 10 rounds. Handguns held as part of a collection were exempted from these limits.

Category R/E: Restricted weapons: machine guns, rocket launchers, assault rifles, flame-throwers, anti-tank guns, Howitzers, artillery, etc. can be owned by collectors in some states provided that these weapons have been rendered permanently inoperable. They are subject to the same storage and licensing requirements as fully functioning firearms.

Certain Antique firearms can in some states be legally held without licences. In other states they are subject to the same requirements as modern firearms.

And of course that doesn't change that people can get illegal weapons but that's still something. you think a little wuss like Elliot Rodgers would have bought guns illegally? I doubt it.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:23 PM   #98
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

You go to hunting camps and inner city drug dens and get their guns.

Wear a Go Pro when you do it too please.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #99
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
No but take guns away from anyone not law enforcement.
Nothing could possibly go wrong there.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:56 PM   #100
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Nothing could possibly go wrong there.
Yes cause we need to have guns to protect ourselves from law enforcement. What?

I mean sure law enforcement is full of scumfucks who go overboard but I don't think the only solution to this is for the citizens to be armed against them.

And if you're somehow (omega) concerned the military will take over or something, guns or no guns they'll do it if they want to.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #101
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Again that's almost the case in Australia and the % of violent crimes has gone down considerably. Sure, the US isn't Australia, but that's always the argument you hear for everything. "Oh well America isn't like Scandinavia/Australia/Canada/UK etc etc. so what works there wouldn't here". Yes because it's not like those countries why make the effort to try and be more like them? That seems like a good argument.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:04 PM   #102
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Do the online gunss discussions actually ever change, at least slightly?
I feel like I've seen the exact same back and forth at least 3 times on this board alone, and it's always the same.

Shooting - guns - someone mentions Australia or NZ - answer is that won't work in the US. Add a couple of pages, discuss mental health care for bit, and then hit repeat for the next shooting.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:12 PM   #103
Elphenor
Braindead

Yeah, but, Australia is like so far away

They're pretty much a different species.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:14 PM   #104
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Do the online gunss discussions actually ever change, at least slightly?
I feel like I've seen the exact same back and forth at least 3 times on this board alone, and it's always the same.

Shooting - guns - someone mentions Australia or NZ - answer is that won't work in the US. Add a couple of pages, discuss mental health care for bit, and then hit repeat for the next shooting.
Bingo. Which is why gun debates after a mass shooting is redundant and pointless.

Brussels had a mass shooting today too; hopefully Belgiumphoria is debating this too.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:35 PM   #105
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Bingo. Which is why gun debates after a mass shooting is redundant and pointless.

Brussels had a mass shooting today too; hopefully Belgiumphoria is debating this too.
oh jesus christ

Old 05-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #106
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
oh jesus christ
My point is debating things at the height of emotion is the worst time to debate anything.

Guns should be like cars; centrally serialized, registered-required and require testing. But that'll likely never see the light of day.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:43 PM   #107
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

registering guns doesn't stop people from killing with them

Old 05-25-2014, 07:48 PM   #108
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Quote:

Also if poor people got better jobs they wouldn't be poor. We can solve all problems here and now, Scotty.
that is a stupid comparison

Old 05-25-2014, 07:48 PM   #109
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
My point is debating things at the height of emotion is the worst time to debate anything.

Guns should be like cars; centrally serialized, registered-required and require testing. But that'll likely never see the light of day.

yeah but don't you realize that since there's a shooting like this like every two months that means it's then never apparently a good moment to debate it. That's the fucking joke.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:51 PM   #110
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Yeah, but, Australia is like so far away

They're pretty much a different species.
I have to say if there is one continent where it feels like maybe a sane idea to own a gun, it's Australia. Without a gun you'll probably die five seconds after heading out into nature.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:54 PM   #111
Eulogy
huh

Quote:

why is it the worst time to debate gun laws after mass shootings

Old 05-25-2014, 07:55 PM   #112
Eulogy
huh

that's such bullshit conventional wisdom that makes no fucking sense

Old 05-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #113
Eulogy
huh

and guns aren't like cars

cars get you places

guns just kill things

Old 05-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #114
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Because libtards like me might make very good arguments as to why there needs to be more regulations. Because we can then just point at what just happened and say "See?" and then gun nuts have nothing good to say in defense except sometimes things about video games or some stupid similar diversion or other or they say "well you are too emotional right now so this isn't a right time to debate about this"

Anyway the real issue that we all seem to forget here and why this happened is because women are stuck up bitches. I mean if they were less unwilling to suck penises indiscriminately then this wouldn't have happened. Remember women, cocksucking saves lives.

No but more seriously i bet some right wing nut will say that the issue is that we should lock up all Aspergers in asylums or something. Limbaugh or some other moron will probably have something like that.

And I mean lets not forget he was playing Halo 3 and WoW! Like most young mass shooters in recent history, he played video games! I think we're on to something there (of course most males under 40 play video games to one extent or another but let's not that be a relevant statistic)

Old 05-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #115
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
I have to say if there is one continent where it feels like maybe a sane idea to own a gun, it's Australia. Without a gun you'll probably die five seconds after heading out into nature.
You'd die anyway because you wouldn't be able to breath the air because Australia is soooo different.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #116
Order 66
Socialphobic

it's not a stretch that he did

obviously has some kind of acute pathological disorder

Old 05-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #117
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Quote:
Proper debates should be held without deep emotional twinges, that's why I said that. The gun laws in this country are insane, yes, but the culture is a bigger issue than the gun laws. Guns will always be available, illegally or legally, in America. A cultural shift needs to happen. This shooting will instead be distracted with the MRA bullshit.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:26 PM   #118
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Quote:
Because libtards like me might make very good arguments as to why there needs to be more regulations. Because we can then just point at what just happened and say "See?" and then gun nuts have nothing good to say in defense except sometimes things about video games or some stupid similar diversion or other or they say "well you are too emotional right now so this isn't a right time to debate about this"

Anyway the real issue that we all seem to forget here and why this happened is because women are stuck up bitches. I mean if they were less unwilling to suck penises indiscriminately then this wouldn't have happened. Remember women, cocksucking saves lives.

No but more seriously i bet some right wing nut will say that the issue is that we should lock up all Aspergers in asylums or something. Limbaugh or some other moron will probably have something like that.

And I mean lets not forget he was playing Halo 3 and WoW! Like most young mass shooters in recent history, he played video games! I think we're on to something there (of course most males under 40 play video games to one extent or another but let's not that be a relevant statistic)
If you think a gun nut posts here, you've been gone too much.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #119
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
it's not a stretch that he did

obviously has some kind of acute pathological disorder
Kid also had a dorky haircut.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #120
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Proper debates should be held without deep emotional twinges, that's why I said that. The gun laws in this country are insane, yes, but the culture is a bigger issue than the gun laws. Guns will always be available, illegally or legally, in America. A cultural shift needs to happen. This shooting will instead be distracted with the MRA bullshit.
this isn't much of a debate. but you're mostly correct. Although, I don't think that rational gun control can't happen here. Today's gun culture is a 20th century invention.