Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #991
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

tommy and i bought a couch in 2012 for $25. still got it. although we just covered it with a slipcover.

how tall are you, fg?

Old 05-02-2019, 01:20 PM   #992
yo soy el mejor

guys, i'm really happy because on tuesday i got a job as a research assistant for a brand spanking new organization that is focusing on a two-generation approach to poverty alleviation (early childhood education combined with workforce dev., etc)

i applied via my school's job board and heard back two days later. we had what she called "a working meeting" (as opposed to an interview) and boom i had the job upon arriving. there isn't even a central office so i get to work remotely and when it's convenient - to an extent.

like, right now i just spent the last 4 hours working and now i get to go to the library and do homework until 5! i should probs just go to the library everyday and pretend it is my office. i'm pretty stinky right now and wearing an open robe, maroon shorts, a pink tank top, white socks, and blue slippers.

Old 05-02-2019, 05:43 PM   #993
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
tommy and i bought a couch in 2012 for $25. still got it. although we just covered it with a slipcover.

how tall are you, fg?
5"8'ish.

Why? Do you think I could use your slipcover as a snuggie?

Old 05-02-2019, 05:44 PM   #994
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
guys, i'm really happy because on tuesday i got a job as a research assistant for a brand spanking new organization that is focusing on a two-generation approach to poverty alleviation (early childhood education combined with workforce dev., etc)

i applied via my school's job board and heard back two days later. we had what she called "a working meeting" (as opposed to an interview) and boom i had the job upon arriving. there isn't even a central office so i get to work remotely and when it's convenient - to an extent.

like, right now i just spent the last 4 hours working and now i get to go to the library and do homework until 5! i should probs just go to the library everyday and pretend it is my office. i'm pretty stinky right now and wearing an open robe, maroon shorts, a pink tank top, white socks, and blue slippers.
That's great, but can we please not change the subject. We're supposed to be talking about my couch.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:43 PM   #995
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

guys, took hasn't been online in like half a day

did he die?

Old 05-02-2019, 09:30 PM   #996
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:

working at home is awesome. i have a w2 job from home and do some self employment (mostly crowdsourcing projects) stuff. i only work at the store 3x a week now, and i might go down to 2. you need some discipline but i make just as much at home as i would make on my feet all day talking to people, often more. today i made $85 in about 5 hours. last week i had a $200 day in maybe 6 hours. i do have to hustle up the work a little but it's not too bad. it took some time to set it up like this but now that it's set it's pretty damn smooth sailing. and most of the time i can watch netflix while i work.

i mean it's not the best paying shit ever of course, and i'll make more once i settle down and try again to get a job in my field, but i can pay my rent and live and i got completely off disability. good enough for me for now.

Old 05-03-2019, 03:35 AM   #997
yo soy el mejor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
5"8'ish.

Why? Do you think I could use your slipcover as a snuggie?
aw

no!

Old 05-03-2019, 06:31 AM   #998
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
guys, took hasn't been online in like half a day

did he die?
Only in our hearts.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:54 AM   #999
FoolofaTook

Talking

Old 05-05-2019, 05:27 PM   #1000
D.
Consume my pants.

I have a question that I didn't want to make a new thread about: what is the website where you can put in a URL so that it doesn't give the website a page view count?

It's for websites you maybe want to read an article without giving them that sweet clickbait money. I thought it was something like donotclick or...?

Old 05-05-2019, 08:35 PM   #1001
redbreegull

this post is dedicated to fuzzyroes

I am currently watching some SJW types rip apart white appropriation of Cinco de Mayo on facebook. They are wondering, "why do Americans celebrate Cinco de Mayo when they don't even like South Americans?"

Old 05-05-2019, 11:22 PM   #1002
D.
Consume my pants.

I celebrated el quinto at traders village in west houston - insanely large outdoor mexican flea market

haven't been in a while but i love every minute we spend there

Old 05-06-2019, 12:39 AM   #1003
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
I celebrated el quinto at traders village in west houston - insanely large outdoor mexican flea market

haven't been in a while but i love every minute we spend there
wow. i thought the only trader's village was in grand prairie.

i haven't been there in a hot minute. my dad used to drag me there all the time but the elote and turkey legs were worth it.

only place you could buy a dog, a kitchen sink, a gun, converse, and toiletries all under "one roof"

Old 05-06-2019, 12:40 AM   #1004
yo soy el mejor

omg these 2

Old 05-06-2019, 12:55 AM   #1005
yo soy el mejor

today was clean-up day at our garden club (that's the best way i can describe it) and the first day of the season for a lot of us. tommy and i planted our seedlings of green pepps, tomatoes, serrano, cayenne, and asparagus. and i went nuts pulling up weeds all over the place. i fucking love pulling weeds.

a bunch of us brought food. we took guava n chz pastries. there was also beens n rice, chips, guacamole, salsa, zucc bread, tortillas, wine, and margarita. the leader of the group asked me i celebrated cinco de mayo and said no. but i was less annoyed by her question since she wasn't white.

Old 05-06-2019, 01:11 AM   #1006
ilikeplanets
Braindead

please pull the weeds all over my backyard then, i hate it. i love planting flowers, fruits, and veggies, and even mowing, but hate pulling the weeds. it's finally gardening weather up here!! i want to plant daffodils for my daughter, because she always points them out whenever we walk past them, so i guess she likes them.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:10 AM   #1007
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
wow. i thought the only trader's village was in grand prairie.

i haven't been there in a hot minute. my dad used to drag me there all the time but the elote and turkey legs were worth it.

only place you could buy a dog, a kitchen sink, a gun, converse, and toiletries all under "one roof"
I think they have one in most the maj Texas cities. And yes, the incredible diversity of goods is insane. There was also a live band who were right up my alley, esp since I've lately been getting into diff types of music out here - ranchera and nortena, along with some classic cumbia.

Quote:
omg these 2

Lmao we passed by some kids tossing those at people's feet, including us, as they walk by.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:35 AM   #1008
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
please pull the weeds all over my backyard then, i hate it. i love planting flowers, fruits, and veggies, and even mowing, but hate pulling the weeds. it's finally gardening weather up here!! i want to plant daffodils for my daughter, because she always points them out whenever we walk past them, so i guess she likes them.
yeah I am with you on this, it's like ironing, no matter how much time you spend on it, a perfect job can't be done, you know you're leaving bits of roots and seeds in the ground and they'll just come back, it's so frustrating.

I actually hate all aspects of gardening but I did it like you, for my kids. But sadly I wasn't very successful. good luck with your daffodils.

Old 05-06-2019, 09:04 AM   #1009
Cool As Ice Cream

Red face

Quote:
but i was less annoyed by her question since she wasn't white.
PHEW

Old 05-06-2019, 10:38 AM   #1010
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Thank you Em. The backyard I have now is huge compared to anywhere else I've ever lived, so I'm excited to fill it up. If only I could learn not to literally pick up the child and run whenever I see or hear a bee/wasp. Lol.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:17 AM   #1011
ovary
Ownz

weeding is way better ON WEED

Old 05-06-2019, 02:02 PM   #1012
FoolofaTook

These guys are all over Orlando. Always elicit a chuckle.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:29 PM   #1013
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Thank you Em. The backyard I have now is huge compared to anywhere else I've ever lived, so I'm excited to fill it up. If only I could learn not to literally pick up the child and run whenever I see or hear a bee/wasp. Lol.
Hehe...when my kids were that age I was like that too, but we were in Australia so I was more on the lookout for mosquitos/spiders/leeches lol

Old 05-06-2019, 03:48 PM   #1014
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I've been fortunate enough to never have to give leeches a thought. I don't think I could tolerate their presence well. Creepy crawly things really get to me, especially the types that bite or sting.

Rolling Green is pretty good, but the Loaded Bowl at Hardees is better. "I want a loaded bowl...." yeah, me too, guy.

Old 05-06-2019, 04:02 PM   #1015
FoolofaTook

L O L

Old 05-06-2019, 04:55 PM   #1016
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i bought my mom a smart phone on the down low. going to be delivered tomorrow. her current phone was shitty when she got it 4 years ago. i got her a nokia 3, not very expensive but will be great compared to what she has

Old 05-06-2019, 05:06 PM   #1017
shannon
Minion of Satan

Smile

that was nice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:25 PM   #1018
cork_soaker
full of longing

well, well, well

Old 05-06-2019, 05:35 PM   #1019
shannon
Minion of Satan

Talking

check this shit out! hiiiiiii

Old 05-06-2019, 06:02 PM   #1020
yo soy el mejor