Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2018, 07:56 AM   #1141
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Location: Trump first sold Hawaii to the Japanese to now be right saying Barack Obama isn't born in the United States. -Crognan's Bluff

lol

Old 03-19-2018, 08:57 AM   #1142
myosis
Minion of Satan

DEMAND SOCIAL JUSTICE

Old 05-02-2018, 04:18 AM   #1143
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

THIS IS weird too:
A Machina reissue announced on Wikipedia for 2018 with not mentioning an actual source.

Potential reissue
The album is scheduled to be reissued on CD sometime in 2018, this time resequenced as a double album with the Machina II material as was originally envisioned. The original co-producer Flood will be involved with a complete remix of all the material and sequencing into its original order as a two-disc concept album.[49] He further explained that part of the restored concept album will be a suite simulating a live Machines of God concert, possibly with crowd noise added, with a mix inspired by Kiss' Alive!.[50]

From July 2015, the reissue's release was put on permanent hold due to legal troubles with the record label. Corgan has said he has spent a lot of time on this and wants it to be released, but the legal issues need to be resolved first.[51]

This page was last edited on 27 April 2018, at 00:56.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machin...d#cite_note-51

Old 05-02-2018, 04:23 AM   #1144
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Location: Trump first sold Hawaii to the Japanese to now be right saying Barack Obama isn't born in the United States. -Crognan's Bluff

i don't understand why ppl care about this. a remix and a reordering. as shallowed would say, "ok."

Old 05-02-2018, 04:35 AM   #1145
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
THIS IS weird too:
A Machina reissue announced on Wikipedia for 2018 with not mentioning an actual source.

Potential reissue
The album is scheduled to be reissued on CD sometime in 2018, this time resequenced as a double album with the Machina II material as was originally envisioned. The original co-producer Flood will be involved with a complete remix of all the material and sequencing into its original order as a two-disc concept album.[49] He further explained that part of the restored concept album will be a suite simulating a live Machines of God concert, possibly with crowd noise added, with a mix inspired by Kiss' Alive!.[50]

From July 2015, the reissue's release was put on permanent hold due to legal troubles with the record label. Corgan has said he has spent a lot of time on this and wants it to be released, but the legal issues need to be resolved first.[51]

This page was last edited on 27 April 2018, at 00:56.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machin...d#cite_note-51
good lord, you just sit there monitoring the Machina Wikipedia page all day just waiting for an edit? sad!

Old 05-02-2018, 04:39 AM   #1146
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusaroo View Post
good lord, you just sit there monitoring the Machina Wikipedia page all day just waiting for an edit? sad!

You seem to be monitoring Corgan's Bluff's posts. Sad!

Old 05-02-2018, 07:03 AM   #1147
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusaroo View Post
SORRY, I just stumbled on it looking for comments of Flood about the recordings, thanks to our forgotten child...

Why do you waist your time with a lord that don't exist!

Old 05-02-2018, 08:22 AM   #1148
incubator
Demi-God

The wiki thing is fake, he put the machine reissue to bed a while ago.

Quote:

“I was hoping everyone had forgotten about that”, he shifts his massive 6’2 frame and glares at me. “People are always ready to reconnoiter into music past”, he says. “but my best work is right now and I’d rather talk about that”.

I nod and tell him that I enjoyed Ogilala (last years solo album released under his birth name - William Patrick Corgan) but I am very excited to hear the remix and re-sequence of Machina. For me it was easily the most exciting promise of the bands reissue program.

“I heard about Noel Gallagher working on a remix of Be Here Now, he lost interest after doing the first track. He couldn’t be ‘arsed with it’”, Billys attempt at a British accent is more Dick Van Dyke mockney than Gallaghers mancunion.

“That’s where I am with Machina. I went back to my original notes and all of the tapes and it was just…”, he trails off talking about the amount of work required; not just on remixing but also on re-recording parts and getting back into the “Machina Mindset” before snapping back to the here and now with “Truth is It’d be a bad product, it’s a bad album”.

Did Billy Corgan just admit to releasing a bad album?

“I say bad, I mean it's difficult. It was too difficult for people as a single CD. My vision for it as a double or even triple CD concept album. How many people would listen to the whole thing? Mellon Collie and Siamese Dream are easier albums and the analytics I get from Apple and Spotify say no one listens to the whole albums. There’s no point in me spending a week of my life working on, you know, White Spyder only for 1 person to ever bother listening to it. It’s a bad album because people are stupid. They can’t engage with art. That’s the truth”

I ask does he believe in Machina. Forgetting the marketability, is it a good album?

“Of course!”

“look who you’re talking to! Do you know who I am?”, he laughs, ”I’ve never released anything that wasn’t a masterpiece. If you managed to find someone who actually knows what the fuck they’re talking about and gave them Machina they’d tell you - it’s a masterpiece. End of discussion. Fact. I have found people, good friends, that know what they’re talking about and that’s what they tell me. No one wants a masterpiece. No one wants a Stanislav Vertezue on their wall.”

As a fan, it’s heartbreaking to hear that it’s not going to happen. Machina is the album that made the band walk away, tired of trying to fight the “Britneys” of the world. Is he now walking away from the album and is the Britney reason even more true now than it was then?

“No. Britney Spears worked very hard. She recorded albums and toured and.. I know from experience that it’s hard work, very hard. Britney Spears is in the top 1% of people, she’s someone who’s achieved things. The problem is the other 99% percent of people who are fat, lazy, uncreative, stupid, fucking…animals. People come to my shows and shout for ‘Rat in a cage’ like zombies. The song isn’t even called that. They’re fucking imbeciles. My fans are the worst people in the world.”

“That and the record company say it’s not good enough”

Last edited by incubator : 05-02-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #1149
AveryLoren
Ownz

Where is that from?

Old 05-02-2018, 10:45 AM   #1150
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

These fake interviews get me every time, but always crack me up. They are the best thing to happen here since all the t-shirts made in the aftermath of D'arcy's interview.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:50 AM   #1151
myosis
Minion of Satan

a creative mind

Old 05-02-2018, 10:51 AM   #1152
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
Where is that from?
Pretty sure that's a fake interview. Would be hilarious if it were true, though.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:43 PM   #1153
FoolofaTook
Immortal

lol noel gallagher working on be here now

Old 05-02-2018, 02:44 PM   #1154
FoolofaTook
Immortal

"My fans are the worst people in the world.”

true true

Old 05-02-2018, 02:44 PM   #1155
WakaFlocka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
i don't understand why ppl care about this. a remix and a reordering. as shallowed would say, "ok."
People care, just not enough people it would seem. It's not just about the remixing and track order. It's the possibility of having either a pro shot Arising! show DVD, or more hopefully the Metro show from 2000. It's also about the extra b-sides which some have leaked over the years and have been highly regarded among the fans of that era. He's already done at least some work on choosing which tracks made the reissue so it's just frustrating that we may never get a cool box set like the others were done. Good opportunities there for Vasily artwork too, it could make a very nice package imo.

With the legal issues this thing has, it's just difficult for me to believe that it isn't something he could pry a little more effort towards getting released. I'm suspicious that he just doesn't think it's worth his time versus what type of profit he might receive from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
The wiki thing is fake, he put the machine reissue to bed a while ago.
In another year or two unless he or another Robin Hood comes along and leaks more tracks then we just may have to forget about it all together. Such a shame too because I would gladly spend the cash for a Machina or Zwan box set. At this rate we're more likely to see the Metro show up on YouTube in 5 years after everyone gives up even anticipating it.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:51 PM   #1156
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster

Machina was a relatively low selling album to begin with. A reissue is of little commercial interest beyond die hard fans. It could do with a remix to fix the shitty mixing job of the original but whatever.

Old 05-02-2018, 03:03 PM   #1157
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post

Quote:
"They’re fucking imbeciles. My fans are the worst people in the world.”

“That and the record company say it’s not good enough”

Old 05-02-2018, 03:41 PM   #1158
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster

You learn at Netphoria to trust news only by mentioning the source by link too.

Someone should post this interview at Reddit and see what happens...

Old 05-02-2018, 06:28 PM   #1159
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

The reissues will probably be more successful if this "reunion" creates a bit more buzz about the band.

I think any reissues would sell like Siddhartha at this point.

ALTHOUGH I WANT THOSE DANG ZWAN DEMOS. I wish Sweeney or Pajo would leak some material!

Old 05-06-2019, 08:29 AM   #1160
The Melty Man
Ownz

It's now been 4 years, 7 months and 13 days since the Adore re-issue...

Old 05-06-2019, 07:59 PM   #1161
Gooch
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Melty Man View Post
It's now been 4 years, 7 months and 13 days since the Adore re-issue...

lame

- WPC

Old 05-06-2019, 08:00 PM   #1162
Gooch
Ownz

Ive been checking in to Netphoria for updates on the Machina reissue for 4 years 7 months and 13 days??

Old 05-07-2019, 10:41 AM   #1163
Tumora
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
The album is scheduled to be reissued on CD sometime in 2018, this time resequenced as a double album with the Machina II material as was originally envisioned.
OMG!1!1!!!! is b0lly releasing the Machina mystery?

Old 05-07-2019, 02:49 PM   #1164
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

They are still writing on Wikipedia that Flood is involved in the reissue.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:40 AM   #1165
Gooch
Ownz

At this rate Billy will reissue people + their cars before the Machina reissue comes out...

Old 05-08-2019, 07:54 AM   #1166
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Machinas + their cars

Old 05-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #1167
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan

Location: Church of United Bald Lords, praying for your souls

at this rate, James Iha will appear in an episode of Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee before the Machine reissue comes out...

Old 05-08-2019, 11:00 AM   #1168
trev
charm

the longer this takes, does that make it more or less likely to get an un-fucked-with good ol' fashioned digital mII?

Old 05-08-2019, 11:04 AM   #1169
epinson
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
at this rate, James Iha will appear in an episode of Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee before the Machine reissue comes out...
That would be epic.