Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2002, 03:40 AM   #1
hi_fudelity
Amish Rake Fighter

Red face Help a Stupid Newbie!!!!

Hey Everybody,

I wanna start taping and trading and all that. But I have no freaking clue about where to start. If anyone could e-mail me with tips, pointers, links, whatever to help me get started, it would be muchly appreciated. [email protected]

Old 12-23-2002, 04:16 AM   #2
Smiley

Smile

Hi. I think you'll find that most SP traders are very cool people, usually willing to help out. However, most Netphorians are the complete opposite... so you'll get a little of both kinds over here.

I set up this little page a while back, with a bunch of links to the various SP FAQs:
http://www.suicidekiss.org/faqs.htm

Particularly, you might want to check out pzane's trading FAQ. The only problem is that it might be a bit outdated... SP trading has changed a great deal over the past year. Now much more of it is done online, via SHN's (you'll see those mentioned in the FAQ, if you don't know what I'm talking about). There's a free program called Direct Connect which will give you access to the SP/Zwan hub... this is all the sort of stuff that you'll want to look into, if you have a high speed internet connection. The hub is a haven for SHN traders, and it's basically a download-all-you-want sort of situation... trading is not required.

If you don't have a high speed internet connection, then you can still find trades the old fashioned way, as you'll read about in the FAQ. That's how most of us got started. Good luck!

Old 12-23-2002, 01:23 PM   #3
only_three
Oblivious Virgin

The previous post will help you out with what you need to know as far as trading.

As far as Taping email me and i will help you out I would email you but my email server is currently down but it should be up later today. In the mean time here are a few links for Microphones

www.soundprofesionals.com They've been around for a while and are quite knowledgable. They also have tons of products.

www.dynamicaudio.cjb.net Owner posts on this board and alot of zwan shows have been taped with these mics. They will also do custom work.

www.stealthaudio.net my company we have great mics at low prices. We also do custom work. heres a sample of a zwan show taped with our mics www.stealthaudio.net/fyl.WAV

Thanks
Scott
[email protected]

Old 12-23-2002, 01:42 PM   #4
Evil Bill
Oblivious Virgin

no one ever links to this: http://www.btinternet.com/~oulibaba/...ning_bible.txt

Zach Payne also wrote this, it'll make sure you don't produce bad burns (one of the main reasons i hate snail mail).

-Mark